Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (754190 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by spilocydon2000: 1:59pm On Oct 23, 2013
@Jenny and others.I must commend you all for the wonderful work you are doing here.I am an engineer.I studied Electrical/Electronics Engineering in one of our polytechnics here.I later went for mathematics to get my Bachelors degree certificate some years back.I have been working as a quality control engineer in one of the oil servicing company here.

The fact is that i really want to travel and better my life.I have this love for health sector.I will like to move to Aussie to start all afresh in the field of nursing.Starting from certificate iv(preparatory class in nursing) and after the six months program,i will do the diploma in nursing to be enrolled nurse 2 which later i will go straight to Bsc in nursing.

I am married with kids here.Please is there any way to go about it since i don't have any health background.Can one do Diploma in nursing without going for the preparatory class.

Is engineering profession good in Australia because i'm also thinking of going for Advanced diploma in Electrical engineering.Kindly advice me please.Thank you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 2:01pm On Oct 23, 2013
fendorf: Please can I use IELTS academics for PR?thanks

Yes, you can use it. Both Academic and General Test are acceptable provided you meet the required score
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
spilocydon2000: @Jenny and others.I must commend you all for the wonderful work you are doing here.I am an engineer.I studied Electrical/Electronics Engineering in one of our polytechnics here.I later went for mathematics to get my Bachelors degree certificate some years back.I have been working as a quality control engineer in one of the oil servicing company here.

The fact is that i really want to travel and better my life.I have this love for health sector.I will like to move to Aussie to start all afresh in the field of nursing.Starting from certificate iv(preparatory class in nursing) and after the six months program,i will do the diploma in nursing to be enrolled nurse 2 which later i will go straight to Bsc in nursing.

I am married with kids here.Please is there any way to go about it since i don't have any health background.Can one do Diploma in nursing without going for the preparatory class.

Is engineering profession good in Australia because i'm also thinking of going for Advanced diploma in Electrical engineering.Kindly advice me please.Thank you.

If you still have passion for the engineering program, why not continue with it at the Master's level. Engineering sell anywhere in the developed world.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by spilocydon2000: 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
bellong:

If you still have passion for the engineering program, why not continue with it at the Master's level. Engineering sell anywhere in the developed world.

I found i i have lost the passion for Electrical Engineering.Are you talking out of experience from Australia.I am 33 years and dont think there is still time for trial and error.

I need a good advice because i need to grab a job after graduation.

Thank you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by spilocydon2000: 2:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
spilocydon2000:

I found i i have lost the passion for Electrical Engineering.Are you talking out of experience from Australia.I am 33 years and dont think there is still time for trial and error.

Thank you.
Also i graduated from polytechnic.I have o.n.d and h.n.d which cannot be used to do masters immediately.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 2:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
spilocydon2000:

Thank you.

I am not in Australia but only responded to the limited information you initially provided. I was only considering that you will fit in well to continue with your electrical engineering than starting afresh in a new profession. Since you said you have lost passion for it, you can pursue your dream. Meanwhile, electrical engineering is part of the needed occupation list.

Check the website of the schools you are interested in to see their requirements for nursing. Goodluck.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by fendorf(m): 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
bellong:

Yes, you can use it. Both Academic and General Test are acceptable provided you meet the required score
thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kweku8888(f): 4:28pm On Oct 23, 2013
bellong:

A temporary setback shouldn't defeat your dreams. Assess where you made mistakes during the exam, get good materials and rewrite it. You did well in the writing, you can as well transfer the passion in that writing to other sections and you will surely get what you want.

It is well with you
ok,thanks so much,where can I get good materials to help me with my next exam?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 23, 2013
fendorf: Please can I use IELTS academics for PR?thanks

For what?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by fendorf(m): 4:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
ferdimako:

For what?
PR
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 5:54pm On Oct 23, 2013
kweku8888: ok,thanks so much,where can I get good materials to help me with my next exam?

When you register, the British council does give a material alongside (I am not too sure).

You can also use the internet. Use Google to search for these sites
Simon IELTS
IELTS buddy.

It is well
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 23, 2013
fendorf: PR

GT
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kweku8888(f): 7:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
bellong:

When you register, the British council does give a material alongside (I am not too sure).

You can also use the internet. Use Google to search for these sites
Simon IELTS
IELTS buddy.

It is well
thanks so much ,I know about the material from british council , which was what I used for the initial exam,wld try those sites,might try again for fecember.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nwokenna: 9:38pm On Oct 23, 2013
ferdimako:

GT

Well Technically GT is what is required but, if you take an Academic test for your evaluation and feel your score will be good enough to get you some points you can use it. so in summary GT or Academic can go. I used Academic, cos there was no point repeating the test GT as required to file an application.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by fendorf(m): 9:46pm On Oct 23, 2013
Nwokenna:

Well Technically GT is what is required but, if you take an Academic test for your evaluation and feel your score will be good enough to get you some points you can use it. so in summary GT or Academic can go. I used Academic, cos there was no point repeating the test GT as required to file an application.
thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:12am On Oct 24, 2013
Nwokenna:

OK
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by spilocydon2000: 8:21am On Oct 24, 2013
Pls house,is there any hope for anyone coming for Advanced diploma in Electrical Engineering in Aussie to pick a job easily after graduation.I intended changing my career to Nursing(Enrolled Nursing 2) after the certificate iv course.
I need advice pls
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 24, 2013
You all are really doing a good job here. My prayer is, may the Almighty God who is the greatest rewarded of all season reward every of your effort. Amen.Also praying for as many that wish to relocate to oz, to find favor in the sight of God and that of men. Amen.
I have been a follower/observer (Reading) of ths trend for the past two month without making any contribution but i think is high time to make a move(refuse to be the hearer alone,also want to be the doer). These is my case....................

I presently work with an engineering firm as a Front Desk/Admin Assistance (5 yrs+ work experience) with just Diploma Certificate in computer studies (obtained the cert from one of the training center in Lagos). i wish to apply for Regional nomination program, Call or Contact Center Manager 149211 and Customer Service Manager 149212

Secondly i had a Four year Work Experience with EKO Hotel & Suite as a Waitress/Room Order taker although i joined the industry with with my G.C. E/SSCE certificate but was trained in the hotel and was issued Certificates after the training.

My question now is, can i use this Certificate and work experience to apply for Cafe or Restaurant Manager? Mind you i left waiting job 5yrs ago but i still arrange the meeting room and organize board meeting etc in my present job.

Your contribution is highly welcomed..........Please, don't mind my English shocked
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 24, 2013
Four offer letters for me,
1.Human Resources program with DEC international
2.Diploma of Community service work
3.other Two as Enroll Nurse but omo the money no bi moimoi.............. Desided , Two year course in HR and after my PR..... Do the enroll nurse of a thing since the HR program is not on the high side now

What do you think house.!!!!!!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by fendorf(m): 11:33am On Oct 24, 2013
Hello @ jenny et all pls can I get a PR with Skilled - Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489) .please I need urgent clarificatin.God bless
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by crestline: 12:47pm On Oct 24, 2013
fendorf: Hello @ jenny et all pls can I get a PR with Skilled - Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489) .please I need urgent clarificatin.God bless

Hello Fendorf,

To be able to apply for this visa subclass, you need to meet the points test requirement (At least 50 points + 10 points from nomination by a state or territory or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area in Australia). see link below for you to check if you meet the points criteria.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-489/

If you can get 60 points on your own, then you can go for subclass 189.
If you can get 55 points on your own, then you can go for subclass 190 (state sponsorship will give you additional 5 points to get to 60 points).
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by fendorf(m): 1:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
crestline:

Hello Fendorf,

To be able to apply for this visa subclass, you need to meet the points test requirement (At least 50 points + 10 points from nomination by a state or territory or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area in Australia). see link below for you to check if you meet the points criteria.

If you can get 55 points on your own, then you can go for subclass 190 (state sponsorship will give you additional 5 points to get to 60 points).
is it possible to get a PR with the subclass I stated earlier.the reason for going for that subclass is because its cheaper than the 189 subclass.thanks for your reply
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lanlo: 1:30pm On Oct 24, 2013
Seeking candid advice; I was giving an offer letter to study @ tasmania university for feb intake 2014 and as it is now,am yet to find money to pay my tuition fee. My question now is this (1) is it possible for the school to defer the admission for me till july intake if I make a request n (2) what reasons is best cited for asking for d deferment.

Someone with similar xperience,pls advice.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by b03liberty(m): 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2013
Where is lawd?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 2:17pm On Oct 24, 2013
lanlo: Seeking candid advice; I was giving an offer letter to study @ tasmania university for feb intake 2014 and as it is now,am yet to find money to pay my tuition fee. My question now is this (1) is it possible for the school to defer the admission for me till july intake if I make a request n (2) what reasons is best cited for asking for d deferment.

Someone with similar xperience,pls advice.

Generally, deferring admission is acceptable by all institutions across the globe but each with different conditions. While some may defer without you committing to any payment, others can only defer except you pay a percentage of the tuition fee.

You will have to know where your school stands. You can only know when you send an email requesting to defer your admission. There are no best reasons to cite, rather give an open and broad reason. For example, you can say that a situation came up that requires you to be present for about 3-4 months in Nigeria for you to resolve it. On this basis you want a deferment to give you time to attend to it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 24, 2013
nkechima: You all are really doing a good job here. My prayer is, may the Almighty God who is the greatest rewarded of all season reward every of your effort. Amen.Also praying for as many that wish to relocate to oz, to find favor in the sight of God and that of men. Amen.
I have been a follower/observer (Reading) of ths trend for the past two month without making any contribution but i think is high time to make a move(refuse to be the hearer alone,also want to be the doer). These is my case....................

I presently work with an engineering firm as a Front Desk/Admin Assistance (5 yrs+ work experience) with just Diploma Certificate in computer studies (obtained the cert from one of the training center in Lagos). i wish to apply for Regional nomination program, Call or Contact Center Manager 149211 and Customer Service Manager 149212

Secondly i had a Four year Work Experience with EKO Hotel & Suite as a Waitress/Room Order taker although i joined the industry with with my G.C. E/SSCE certificate but was trained in the hotel and was issued Certificates after the training.

My question now is, can i use this Certificate and work experience to apply for Cafe or Restaurant Manager? Mind you i left waiting job 5yrs ago but i still arrange the meeting room and organize board meeting etc in my present job.

Your contribution is highly welcomed..........Please, don't mind my English shocked

Madam Jenny say something now. PLeaseeeeeeeee!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lanlo: 3:25pm On Oct 24, 2013
@ bellong ,I really appreciate ur quick response, thanks n GOD bless.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
crestline:

Hello Fendorf,

This is so true!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 6:27pm On Oct 24, 2013
fendorf: is it possible to get a PR with the subclass I stated earlier.the reason for going for that subclass is because its cheaper than the 189 subclass.thanks for your reply

He gave you the link to go through and check if you can meet the requirements. Why not read the link to answer your own question?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cillaviva(f): 11:25pm On Oct 24, 2013
[quote author=jennykadry]@cillaviva
I will definitely reply you, tell me when you can come online, I have questions to ask you on here??

@Jenny Thanks. This forum is too open though. This is my email address -cillawill@yahoo.com.sg. It will mean a lot to me if I can talk to you one on one, Skype maybe or not?

Waiting.

Regards.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by crestline: 9:22am On Oct 25, 2013
fendorf: is it possible to get a PR with the subclass I stated earlier.the reason for going for that subclass is because its cheaper than the 189 subclass.thanks for your reply

It is not a PR visa, but is a provisional skilled migration visa that can provide a pathway to permanent residence.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by PAULOYE(m): 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
Hello home`!
@chubi4show,...Please am I go include IELTS result in my visa(subclass 573) application as am applying under SVP..................If NO, am I to fill the IELTS RESULT and certificate details in form 157A?
Also, is statement of acct necessary to b included and my evidence of education/degree in my application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.