Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,081 members, 7,835,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (758297 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oluwatobi94: 11:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
alukojosh:

+27124236201, call bte 8:30-11:30 their time in pretoria
please ouz dont abuse this number, getting it was not an easy task. thanks

Thanks so much i really appreciate it.... Are you sure calling them would make things easy because my programme will kick off by April and i think i still have four month to go.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 11:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
symbian03:

Is your previous BSc related to the Advanced diploma course you're going for? Do you have work experience related to both your BSc and/or your prospective Advanced diploma course? I'm asking these coz they 'might' also wanna consider the GTE.
Yea I do. Studied Accounting and have worked in Management (human resources) capacities as well. The Adv would be in Human resources management.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 11:31pm On Dec 01, 2014
wahabcoal:

Yea I do. Studied Accounting and have worked in Management (human resources) capacities as well. The Adv would be in Human resources management.
Wonderful! You should kick start your admission processing ASAP.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 11:59pm On Dec 01, 2014
oluwatobi94:

Thanks so much i really appreciate it.... Are you sure calling them would make things easy because my programme will kick off by April and i think i still have four month to go.

Dude u said ur CO asked for letter of extension since ur school resumed Nov 17. Now I am getting the vibe that u differed ur admission. Have u submitted a new COE that reflects the changes or u only gave them the extension letter dey asked for. Tell us what u submitted before u go rushing to call so we can advice u properly. Those CO's can deny u on technicalities. Be careful how u proceed as ur case is a little complicated.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by weemee: 5:02am On Dec 02, 2014
I need your input here OZ people.
I Just Got an offer for Postgraduate dg in Griffith Uni, Aussie.
My programme is starting in the month of February Next year.
Even though the school is under SVP will i be able to meet up with the resumption date
as i await my COE or what happens if my Visa comes out after my resumption date
and i have already committed myself with that huge deposit?
please your input is needed.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Otunba4eva: 5:34am On Dec 02, 2014
Please I need schools that offers advance diploma and are also part of SVPs. The Course am putting in is computer related or information technology course.

Please I need an urgent response from any experience nairalanders
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 02, 2014
weemee:
I need your input here OZ people.
I Just Got an offer for Postgraduate dg in Griffith Uni, Aussie.
My programme is starting in the month of February Next year.
Even though the school is under SVP will i be able to meet up with the resumption date
as i await my COE or what happens if my Visa comes out after my resumption date
and i have already committed myself with that huge deposit?
please your input is needed.

there is no cause for fear. u still have enough time, COE issuance is
quick and SVP usually takes about 2wks if u go for medicals before applying.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by weemee: 7:25am On Dec 02, 2014
cherries1:

there is no cause for fear. u still have enough time, COE issuance is
quick and SVP usually takes about 2wks if u go for medicals before applying.

Oh...thank you for that @Cherries1.
Please what's d process for the medicals as I would like to do my medicals before applying.
I also want to apply for the visa with my wife so she can join me later.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 7:49am On Dec 02, 2014
Otunba4eva:
Please I need schools that offers advance diploma and are also part of SVPs. The Course am putting in is computer related or information technology course.

Please I need an urgent response from any experience nairalanders

You can use cricos.deewr.gov.au to search and get specific course search by using the options on the page. Also after you could use this link to verify if the Course provider is included in the streamlined program. http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2014L01511 that is the updated list of providers and the new ones included.
Another scope is visit Google.com.au and be sure results emanates from Australia only by clicking on search options then you can type and get specific results for example "Advance diploma in information technology streamlined visa processing" would bring search results within Australia.
Just explore you'll get what you want.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 8:14am On Dec 02, 2014
weemee:

Please what's d process for the medicals as I would like to do my medicals before applying.

Check ur email.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by UCHDR: 10:46am On Dec 02, 2014
malkinburg:

Check ur email.
hello,
could you pls let me know how to go about the medicals too before applying. since my kids are going with me, will they do medicals too?
thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 10:50am On Dec 02, 2014
Please is it possible for one with a 189 Visa to do a short course in engineering in Australia and would i pay the local rates. I am looking at my options and would like someone in Australia to please update me on how big the telecoms industry in Australia and the necessary certification i should acquire in engineering before moving over to Australia.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by UCHDR: 10:53am On Dec 02, 2014
FutureDon:

They don't usually contact applicants unless they need more documentation - In my own case, I didn't receive any acknowledgement email but I was confident that they had received my application. So just dey pray make dem no contact you until 10 working days with your visa notification (I assumed you've completed your meds pre-submission). Good luck, eat well and sleep well grin

which documents did you submit for the svp visa ?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 02, 2014
kakazee:
The Lord has done it again, student visa sub 572 granted for family of 5
Submitted application on the 30th sept.
CO called on 28th oct. ( She asked so many question for about 20min) and asked me to go for medicals
Went for medicals on the 31st( cos my hubby is hypertensive which is been managed, the panel doctor asked for th last 6months medical report)
Medicals finally submitted by panel doctor on the 18th Nov.
Visa granted on 26th Nov.
Glory be to Almighty God for seeing us through.
how did you go about the documentation, rental apartment in your name before issuance of coe to your kids. could you help pls.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 02, 2014
FutureDon:

Excellent!

Now to your tricky question - I've had the opportunity to advise 3 people going for BSc, they all got their visas. Since they had no landed properties (to demonstrate home ties) at the time of applying, we made sure their SoP strongly demonstrate their intention to return home on completion of their program - this is very important. I would be happy to help you review your drafts at NO COST if you need me to.

Abeg, I'm not an agent oooo, these are people just known to me.

i will appreciate this information too
thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kakazee: 12:57pm On Dec 02, 2014
I used someone I know address, I got an eCoE via email and another was sent to the house address I used
malmo:

how did you go about the documentation, rental apartment in your name before issuance of coe to your kids. could you help pls.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 02, 2014
weemee:

u will create an immiaccount, fill the emedical client form online, & submit to generate ur HAP ID. Take the print out to the nearest panel physician to u & get ur medicals done. remember to quote ur HAP ID in ur visa app form & attach the result submission confirmation form from emedicals.

PS. U could call the panel physician before going to the Hosp to know the cost & probably book for an appointed- though they usually don't ve much patients.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by sunnysunshine: 1:49pm On Dec 02, 2014
PLEASE future don,i havent done medical yet...AND i submitted my application since 20th November.I m still waiting for that,but nothing yet.

I have another issue bothering me...i submitted my student visa application together with the recommendation letter from my working place.unfortunately,i lost the job recently because of minor issue...my question is ...would that have any negative effect on my visa application?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Jetspeed: 2:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
Dear All, What Vetassess address will my school use when forwarding my transcript.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 3:17pm On Dec 02, 2014
Jetspeed:
Dear All, What Vetassess address will my school use when forwarding my transcript.

The address is on VETASSESS' website.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cheedyH: 4:56pm On Dec 02, 2014
malkinburg:

Ministry of health. Secretariat central area abuja. Its 1k it will take u about 2hrs to sort out max.
thanks. Is it federal Secretariat? Do you have any contact there? What of Polio certificate?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cheedyH: 5:02pm On Dec 02, 2014
bossladyMo:

I've got a contact for PCC at Alagbon. PM me.

Yellow Fever card is at the airport.
thanks. But I dey abuja oo not Lag. Also for visa application is polio vaccine certificate a requirement?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 6:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
cheedyH:
thanks. Is it federal Secretariat? Do you have any contact there? What of Polio certificate?

Yes federal Secretariat. The polio is at the same place.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by weemee: 10:48pm On Dec 02, 2014
Thanks for your input.
Website to do that please?

quote author=cherries1 post=28526602]

u will create an immiaccount, fill the emedical client form online, & submit to generate ur HAP ID. Take the print out to the nearest panel physician to u & get ur medicals done. remember to quote ur HAP ID in ur visa app form & attach the result submission confirmation form from emedicals.

PS. U could call the panel physician before going to the Hosp to know the cost & probably book for an appointed- though they usually don't ve much patients.[/quote]
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NNBB2012: 12:15am On Dec 03, 2014
gogochocolate:
Please is it possible for one with a 189 Visa to do a short course in engineering in Australia and would i pay the local rates. I am looking at my options and would like someone in Australia to please update me on how big the telecoms industry in Australia and the necessary certification i should acquire in engineering before moving over to Australia.

Yes, It is possible to do courses in the University or Tafe and pay at subsidised rates as PR holder. Australia is a country where emphasis is not much on certifications but rather your experience in your profession. However, if you could lay your hands on any basic certifications/trainings (CCNA,PMP,etc) before you arrive will be better otherwise you might end up paying huge amount if you were to do some of these trainings here. Again, what you need mostly is your experience. Even with your experience, you will still need to crack the nut of local experience here. Employers here don't joke with that.

As per the Telco industry, well I must tell you the reality here at the moment. It is not all that big because the population of Australia is about 24million, so you do the maths. And sadly enough, it is flooded and highly competitive. Sometimes, It takes highlevel of networking to breakthrough. You will be competing with mostly Indians, Srilankans,Pakistanis and Bangladesh professionals. And these people already have insiders who can easily refer them. Employers sometimes prefer that because they don't want to waste time in recruiting right candidates.

Check the major job websites (seek.com.au and indeed.com.au) for advertised jobs and start tailoring your CV to skills set required. You will need to work hard on your CVs. Nigerian CV's style doesn't work here as such. Emphasis is mainly on what you have done and what you can do.
You need to also prepare your mind to stay in the cities such as Sydney,Melbourne,Perth and Brisbane if you really want Telco job.

Wishing you goodluck in your relocation and job search.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 6:37am On Dec 03, 2014
thanks nnb
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Harmony222(m): 7:01am On Dec 03, 2014
Pls house, i need some urgent answers to clarify some issues..
Which will i notarize, my waec original result only or my sec sch transcript or both, secondly will ielts be needed cos i learnt of some waivers for it and lastly, what will be the maximum period of visa processing for semester starting july 2015? UG, UNSW....
*btw, which will u advice btw chemical engineering and mining engineering in terms of job prospect and cash inflow after graduation. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 7:31am On Dec 03, 2014
Harmony222:
Pls house, i need some urgent answers to clarify some issues..
Which will i notarize, my waec original result only or my sec sch transcript or both, secondly will ielts be needed cos i learnt of some waivers for it and lastly, what will be the maximum period of visa processing for semester starting july 2015? UG, UNSW....
*btw, which will u advice btw chemical engineering and mining engineering in terms of job prospect and cash inflow after graduation. Thanks
Bro notarize photocopies only. As for IELTS that depends on your school if they require it or not as for me no IELTS for my msc. The two options seems lucrative in oz buh that is not my line sure jenny can help you on that. Good luck
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 8:17am On Dec 03, 2014
NNBB2012:

Yes, It is possible to do courses in the University or Tafe and pay at subsidised rates as PR holder. Australia is a country where emphasis is not much on certifications but rather your experience in your profession. However, if you could lay your hands on any basic certifications/trainings (CCNA,PMP,etc) before you arrive will be better otherwise you might end up paying huge amount if you were to do some of these trainings here. Again, what you need mostly is your experience. Even with your experience, you will still need to crack the nut of local experience here. Employers here don't joke with that.

As per the Telco industry, well I must tell you the reality here at the moment. It is not all that big because the population of Australia is about 24million, so you do the maths. And sadly enough, it is flooded and highly competitive. Sometimes, It takes highlevel of networking to breakthrough. You will be competing with mostly Indians, Srilankans,Pakistanis and Bangladesh professionals. And these people already have insiders who can easily refer them. Employers sometimes prefer that because they don't want to waste time in recruiting right candidates.

Check the major job websites (seek.com.au and indeed.com.au) for advertised jobs and start tailoring your CV to skills set required. You will need to work hard on your CVs. Nigerian CV's style doesn't work here as such. Emphasis is mainly on what you have done and what you can do.
You need to also prepare your mind to stay in the cities such as Sydney,Melbourne,Perth and Brisbane if you really want Telco job.

Wishing you goodluck in your relocation and job search.

i have ccna and pmp already. are they other certifications that i should get. Are they other areas of engineering i can fit into where the competition might be less or should incase i dont break into telecoms sector like instrumention or oil and gas sector. can i access student loans if i decide to retrain in other areas where they are opportunities.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 03, 2014
[quote author=weemee post=28543295]Thanks for your input.
Website to do that please?

Australian immi web
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NNBB2012: 10:28am On Dec 03, 2014
gogochocolate:

i have ccna and pmp already. are they other certifications that i should get. Are they other areas of engineering i can fit into where the competition might be less or should incase i dont break into telecoms sector like instrumention or oil and gas sector. can i access student loans if i decide to retrain in other areas where they are opportunities.

Good on you bro! Well, like I rightly said earlier, experience is the key thing here. If you are IT inclined, you could explore that area as well.
Of course, oil and gas etc. are good sectors you could explore.
What is your area of strength in Telco?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Harmony222(m): 10:40am On Dec 03, 2014
alukojosh:

Bro notarize photocopies only. As for IELTS that depends on your school if they require it or not as for me no IELTS for my msc. The two options seems lucrative in oz buh that is not my line sure jenny can help you on that. Good luck
thanks 4ur input, am goin for bsc not msc, though just completed my bsc chemistry buh want to start over in aussie (age on my side too). What sch ar u in aussie?

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.