Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (754116 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 9:50am On Dec 04, 2014
Ruleogo:
Hello house, please where can someone get this polio vaccination thing in lagos.thanks

Fatayi Williams Clinic VI. It's 2500 naira (as at Sept. 2014) for the vaccine and paper certificate.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by honeyad(m): 9:51am On Dec 04, 2014
honeyad:
Please I'll like to know if its possible to get a tafe diploma 2 year course in nursing under the svp visa category? Gurus in the house aunty Jenny, futuredon and co.. I need your advice.. Thanks

Please I need a response cry
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Harmony222(m): 1:00pm On Dec 04, 2014
honeyad:

Please I need a response cry
well based on my research sometime early dis yr n only around regional areas, ders none of such... U could search on google, broaden ur view to non regional areas if PR is not ur major target, who knows, u may get one.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2014
Ruleogo:
Hello house, please where can someone get this polio vaccination thing in lagos.thanks
Included in the 32500 medical charge by fatayi Williams, the extra 2500 is for the OPV and you'll be given a certificate for it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
Ruleogo:

1000 naira at the airport
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cheedyH: 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
Please house how much is police clearance certificate in Abuja? Anybody with contact? Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ruleogo: 9:28pm On Dec 04, 2014
Thanks guys....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Dav6: 4:27am On Dec 05, 2014
Otunba4eva:
Hello nairalanders, Please what is my chance of getting a visa this time around on advance diploma SVPs . Having been refuse twice. Please I need a lead in this regards. Cos I still believe if I can add some more relevant docs to my application I can still make it.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Jetspeed: 11:07am On Dec 05, 2014
Hello All, Please do I need to notorise my certificate before including it in my transcript for my school to send to vetassess?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 11:12am On Dec 05, 2014
Jetspeed:
Hello All, Please do I need to notorise my certificate before including it in my transcript for my school to send to vetassess?

Your school will be the one to notarize it. They only need to stamp it and write "photocopy of the original".
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by living2k: 1:33pm On Dec 05, 2014
Hello house I have been going through a lot of the posts i know a few things but i have a few questions for people on the ground.

I am an expereinced engr(6yrs) in the O & G industry with a materials background, possess a B.Tech(FUTA) and Masters in Materials Engineering. recently married. Any help will be appreciated from all, am getting tired of this country
gogochocolate, madam jenny and co.

1) I have my ielts booked in january 2015, so no problem am preparing
2) Are there any engineers in the house in OZ who are skilled migrant. How did you write your CDR for Engineers Australia
3) Which visa should one apply for in your experience. 189, 190 or 489?
4) what should one get in place when assessment is going on at EA(engineers Australia)
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by UCHDR: 4:59pm On Dec 05, 2014
Jetspeed:

Your school's exam and record/transcript office will certify it for you. Enclosed in separate envelope, but tape together with cellotape.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by UCHDR: 11:20pm On Dec 05, 2014
malkinburg:

Check ur email.
sir,
I have received my coe what are the steps applying for svp visa and the
medical.
thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by UCHDR: 11:43pm On Dec 05, 2014
equlibrium:
Visa granted today, 2nd oct 2014
Applied 16 sept 2014
Subclass 573, higher education
School: Edith Cowan University
Start date of Msc program: 23 feb 2015
Thanks to every one on this forum for the pointers, especially Jennykadry even with our earlier fights, bossladymo and futuredon for pointing out that you can email the visa office if you think its taking time.
Can't wait for a new chapter in my life, this one is sooo done!
hello,
for your visa application, svp, did you use online form. could you please explain. and how did you go about the medicals.
thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by eben1991: 1:36am On Dec 06, 2014
Good morning everyone! grin, Am a fresh graduate of International relations and I graduated with 3.43 as my grade point and I want to have my masters in australia. Please I need your suggestions on the Uni, exam toto write and many more things needed to work with. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 9:40am On Dec 06, 2014
UCHDR:

hello,
for your visa application, svp, did you use online form. could you please explain. and how did you go about the medicals.
thanks
you cannot use online form from Nigeria.
You have to print and fill the form.
medicals have been explained in detail here before, please read a few pages back from or forward from my visa grant post

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by UCHDR: 10:23am On Dec 06, 2014
equlibrium:

you cannot use online form from Nigeria.
You have to print and fill the form.
medicals have been explained in detail here before, please read a few pages back from or forward from my visa grant post
thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Funkkybaby(f): 12:15pm On Dec 06, 2014
Hi everyone, am new here and I would need u guys to pls help with some useful information. I want to apply for masters programme in Australia and I've research some schools but I couldn't open University of Western Australia site. Can u pls help with d website if u know it.

Also, I heard d English language test is compulsory, and wish i can waive it. Any other info/advice will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Harmony222(m): 9:10pm On Dec 06, 2014
Harmony222:
Pls house anyone with ielts materials should help me out plss... My email addy is *harrisonjnrehimwenma@gmail.com...... Thanks in advance
pls hux, dnt leave a broda hanging...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 12:29am On Dec 07, 2014
living2k:
Hello house I have been going through a lot of the posts i know a few things but i have a few questions for people on the ground.

I am an expereinced engr(6yrs) in the O & G industry with a materials background, possess a B.Tech(FUTA) and Masters in Materials Engineering. recently married. Any help will be appreciated from all, am getting tired of this country
gogochocolate, madam jenny and co.

1) I have my ielts booked in january 2015, so no problem am preparing
2) Are there any engineers in the house in OZ who are skilled migrant. How did you write your CDR for Engineers Australia
3) Which visa should one apply for in your experience. 189, 190 or 489?
4) what should one get in place when assessment is going on at EA(engineers Australia)

1)Apologies for my rate response. I was out of town. Engineers Australia have guidelines on their site detailing how to present your CDR. You must follow their guidelines and write three CDR (approx 1000 words each) detailing what you have done in the past few year under :introduction, engineering activities you carried out and an evaluation of the outcome of your activities ( challenges you faced and solution proffered).
2)You should apply for 189 visa as it allows you to stay anywhere in Australia without regional restrictions.
3) Engineers Australia have detailed checklist that specifies what document you need to submit for evaluation but i know of transcripts, passport bio data page, references, credentials, CV, professional development program etc.
4) i advise you visit torrentz.com for IELTS materials and download torrentz.com . You will find lots and lots of IELTS materials to last you for over a year grin grin grin at torrentz. I used it when writing mine and i had an aggregate of 8.5 ( Reading 9, Speaking 8, Listening 8.5, Writing cool. Try and search for Target IELTS 7 and download it for your writing practice. For me the writing exam was the most difficult and you should devote time to writing or else you go see score of 5. Speaking is like normal job interview just make sure you don't allow local accents interfere with your speech. Listening watch out for the letter "R". Their "R" is not stressed like we do here. All nouns must start with Capital letters. Remember to dot all the "I"s and cross all the "T"s in your computer market sheet.
Good Luck

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 10:19am On Dec 07, 2014
UCHDR:

hello,
thanks

Congratulations bro... enjoy!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by UCHDR: 1:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
bjayzeez:

Congratulations bro... enjoy!
Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cheedyH: 8:02am On Dec 08, 2014
Hello my fellow Ozlanders, today God has granted me SA state nomination!!! I thank God for everything. Next is to apply for visa. Pls house anybody with contact for police clearance certificate in Abuja? Where can I get it Pls. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 08, 2014
kakazee:
Please did any of you arrive OZ before the commencement of your OSHC? My OSHC starts exactly my resumption date and my grants states that I can't enter Australia before my OSHC starts.

I email my school & I was assured that I can arrive before OSHC commencement. just register ur arrival & OSHC will start on ur arrival date.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 8:30am On Dec 08, 2014
cheedyH:
Hello my fellow Ozlanders, today God has granted me SA state nomination!!! I thank God for everything. Next is to apply for visa. Pls house anybody with contact for police clearance certificate in Abuja? Where can I get it Pls. Thanks

Congrats bro. One more step to go. The lord will se u thru. Did ur nomination come together with an EOI invite?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ruleogo: 9:16am On Dec 08, 2014
Hello house, please for the medicals,do I need to book an appointment or just go in and do.Please anyone how is it like in lagos.thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by UCHDR: 10:08am On Dec 08, 2014
Ruleogo:
Hello house, please for the medicals,do I need to book an appointment or just go in and do.Please anyone how is it like in lagos.thanks
from the thread, it is advised to call and book an appointment for the medicals.I am about doing similar.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by happytbaby: 10:58am On Dec 08, 2014
Ruleogo:

Hello,

My Brother just went for his at Fatayi Williams Clinic first thing this morning. We didn't book and appointment but he has been attended to.

Cheers
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by happytbaby: 11:01am On Dec 08, 2014
Saw this online and thought it might be useful to some people. You can google the heading to find the link to the article.

@ Justwise; I hope this does not constitute an advert ooooo

TAFE NSW Scholarships for International Students in Australia, 2015

TAFE NSW Institutes are offering 100 scholarships for international students who have demonstrated academic merit and other achievements. These scholarships are awarded for pursuing Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree courses. Each scholarship contributes $2,000 towards the tuition fees for a TAFE NSW course. Scholarship recipients will not receive any money. The application deadlines are 12 December 2014 for study in Semester 1, 2015 and Friday 29 May 2015.

Study Subject(s): TAFE NSW offers 300 courses within the Hunter Institute, Illawarra Institute, Northern Sydney Institute, Riverina Institute, South Western Sydney Institute, Sydney Institute, Western Institute and Western Sydney Institute.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree courses.
Scholarship Provider: TAFE NSW (Technical and Further Education Commission CRICOS provider code: 00591E)
Scholarship can be taken at: Australia

Eligibility: To be eligible for the scholarship applicants must:
-Be an international student
-Have been offered a place in a TAFE NSW course with a minimum 1.5 years duration
-Commence studies in TAFE NSW in 2015
-Attend the relevant TAFE NSW campus as a full-time student
-Not be a family member or relative of a TAFE NSW employee or their agent
-Not be in receipt of another scholarship or award, including a TAFE NSW scholarship.

Scholarship Open for International Students: International students can apply for these TAFE NSW scholarships.

Scholarship Description: At TAFE NSW, they believe in providing affordable education to international students. They have made
over 100 scholarships available to genuine applicants who want to fulfil their education dream in Australia. The scholarships will be awarded to students who have demonstrated academic merit and other achievements.

Number of award(s): Up to 100 TAFE NSW scholarships are offered.

Duration of award(s): Students must be studying for a minimum 1.5 years.

What does it cover? Each scholarship contributes $2,000 towards the tuition fees for a TAFE NSW course.

Selection Criteria: On the recommendation of a Selection Committee
scholarships are awarded each year to students who have demonstrated academic merit and other achievements.

Notification: Notification to successful applicants will occur approximately one month prior to the corresponding semester commencement.

How to Apply: Applicants should apply by post, in person or by email.

Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadlines are 12 December 2014 for study in Semester 1, 2015 and Friday 29 May 2015.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ruleogo: 11:10am On Dec 08, 2014
UCHDR:

from the thread, it is advised to call and book an appointment for the medicals.I am about doing similar.

Thanks mate.please kindly help out with there number.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ruleogo: 11:10am On Dec 08, 2014
happytbaby:

Hello,

My Brother just went for his at Fatayi Williams Clinic first thing this morning. We didn't book and appointment but he has been attended to.

Cheers

Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by living2k: 12:37pm On Dec 08, 2014
gogochocolate:

1)Apologies for my rate response. I was out of town. Engineers Australia have guidelines on their site detailing how to present your CDR. You must follow their guidelines and write three CDR (approx 1000 words each) detailing what you have done in the past few year under :introduction, engineering activities you carried out and an evaluation of the outcome of your activities ( challenges you faced and solution proffered).
2)You should apply for 189 visa as it allows you to stay anywhere in Australia without regional restrictions.
3) Engineers Australia have detailed checklist that specifies what document you need to submit for evaluation but i know of transcripts, passport bio data page, references, credentials, CV, professional development program etc.
4) i advise you visit torrentz.com for IELTS materials and download torrentz.com . You will find lots and lots of IELTS materials to last you for over a year grin grin grin at torrentz. I used it when writing mine and i had an aggregate of 8.5 ( Reading 9, Speaking 8, Listening 8.5, Writing cool. Try and search for Target IELTS 7 and download it for your writing practice. For me the writing exam was the most difficult and you should devote time to writing or else you go see score of 5. Speaking is like normal job interview just make sure you don't allow local accents interfere with your speech. Listening watch out for the letter "R". Their "R" is not stressed like we do here. All nouns must start with Capital letters. Remember to dot all the "I"s and cross all the "T"s in your computer market sheet.
Good Luck

I am a bit confused. In the Nov 2014 msa, it says we can send the application online thru their portal in another one it says we send our papers physically to Engineers Australis pls need clarification

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.