Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,373 members, 7,864,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:06 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (763973 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by youngpboy: 8:28am On Apr 07, 2015
Urgent response from the houx please! am paying my school fee and my OSHC fee today so I which to know the next thing to do that may delay my visa application while i wait for my COE. thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 9:07am On Apr 07, 2015
etop22:
Good day, pls advice me, having paid tuition deposit, and with granted visa, can I defer my admission once I get to australia. Will my deposit count for my next session if deferment is granted or my deposit would av been wasted. Thanks need response ASAP
Why do you want to defer ? Don't complicate matter for yourself, school might notify immigration on your status while you defer. If you defer, they will ask you to return to Nigeria and come back to re enrol second semester, although some people don't return. They wouldn't refund any money,they can transfer it to second semester, this is subjected to the time you notify the school about your deferment.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 07, 2015
Yayyy!!! Finally the naira has dropped cheesy all I have been praying for

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ernestudezi(m): 10:09am On Apr 07, 2015
Hello,

I know Mining Engineers are at a premium in Australia, are Petroleum Engineers in high demand too?? I'm looking to start an MSC in Petroleum Engineering at UNSW, come July. Saw a couple of articles online, insinuating the demand for Petroleum Engineers has dipped by about 70 percent!!..I'd like feedback from folks who know anything about this. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by BKings: 10:13am On Apr 07, 2015
Preciousstones:
Yayyy!!! Finally the naira has dropped cheesy all I have been praying for
Naira dropped again? or you mean dollar
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 07, 2015
BKings:

Lol yes don't mind me
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by youngpboy: 10:39am On Apr 07, 2015
BKings:

@BKings i sent you a personal message. please kindly respond.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by youngpboy: 10:42am On Apr 07, 2015
youngpboy:
Urgent response from the houx please! am paying my school fee and my OSHC fee today so I which to know the next thing to do that may delay my visa application while i wait for my COE. thanks

Response please from great men
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
FutureDon:

Excellent!

Now to your tricky question - I've had the opportunity to advise 3 people going for BSc, they all got their visas. Since they had no landed properties (to demonstrate home ties) at the time of applying, we made sure their SoP strongly demonstrate their intention to return home on completion of their program - this is very important. I would be happy to help you review your drafts at NO COST if you need me to.

Abeg, I'm not an agent oooo, these are people just known to me.

Hi I was wondering if it is okay to use coperative society statement in addition to fixed deposits and bank account statement ( all from one sponsor) for my SVP both at the school and embassy ( if the embassy requests for evidence of funds)
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FLO06: 2:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hi,

Good to be a part of this Forum.

My wife is intending to migrate to Australia through the Skill Select Scheme. She is a Laboratory Scientist and just starting the process. She has this perception that she would only get high chances if she has a relative living in Australia.

Please can you advice in this regard on step by step process and also her chances of being eligible as she doesn't have any relative in Australia.

Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oknee: 3:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
FLO06:
Hi,

My wife is intending to migrate to Australia through the Skill Select Scheme. She is a Laboratory Scientist and just starting the process. She has this perception that she would only get high chances if she has a relative living in Australia.

Hi. I am also a ls. Ubktech listed all the steps needed in the past. You can read back or check his profile. There is no extra point to be gain if you have a relative, that is if you are interested in 190 or 189.

Please can you advice in this regard on step by step process and also her chances of being eligible as she doesn't have any relative in Australia.

Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oknee: 3:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
FLO06:
Hi,

Thanks

Hi. I am also a ls. Ubktech listed all the steps needed in the past. You can read back or check his profile. There is no extra point to be gain if you have a relative, that is if you are interested in 190 or 189.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chidaroy(f): 4:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
Jenny what? What return?
BKings:
@Chidaroy, are you Jennykadry? This family has been waiting for your return.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FLO06: 5:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
oknee:

Oknee,

I've gone through all of UBKtech's post and I didn't get the listed steps you mentioned and I don't seem to get how to view his profile. Would appreciate if you could help copy from the page and paste here since you've seen it earlier.

Please does she have to take the AIMS exams after submitting her application and AIMS assessment?

Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oknee: 7:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
FLO06:

Oknee,

I've gone through all of UBKtech's post and I didn't get the listed steps you mentioned and I don't seem to get how to view his profile. Would appreciate if you could help copy from the page and paste here since you've seen it earlier.

Please does she have to take the AIMS exams after submitting her application and AIMS assessment?

Thanks

Without the exams, she will be classified as mlt which is only being sponsored by south australia. Passing the exams gives you the advantages of applying for 189 visa.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oknee: 7:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
FLO06:

Oknee,

Please does she have to take the AIMS

exams after submitting her application and AIMS assessment?

Thanks

From ubktech

Migration Steps for Medical Laboratory Scientists

STEP 1
To see if you qualify for this program, you need at least 60 points, goto:
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/189.aspx click on ‘Points Test’
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/190.aspx click on ‘Points Test’
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/489.aspx click on ‘Points Test’

STEP 2
Undertake IELTS test (International English Language Testing System). IELTS is conducted every month by the British Council across several towns in Nigeria http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/ you will need an Overall Band score of 7.0 or better in either the Academic or General Training module of the test.
For IELTS preparation materials, you could go to; http://www.ieltsbuddy.com/

STEP 3
Undertake Skills assessment by the Australian Institute of Medical Scientists (AIMS). This is the rate limiting step for skilled migration to Australia as a Medical Laboratory Scientist http://www.aims.org.au/documents/item/88

Usually done in two stages:
A) Paper based assessment; you will submit your certificates and job references to AIMS for evaluation. At the end of this stage you will be classified as an MLT and invited to write the AIMS professional exams.
B) The AIMS professional exam takes place in March/September each year in several cities around the world. If are successful in this exams, then you are ready for STEP 4
For more info about this exam, course contents, sample questions or venues, please view this link: http://www.aims.org.au/services/aims-assessments/medical-laboratory-scientist

STEP 4
Submit an Expression of Interest on SKILLSELECT and receive an INVITE usually within 30 days

STEP 5
Apply for Visa, Do Medical & Police checks
STEP 6
Receive your Visa & Migrate
Depending on when you start, this process takes 12 - 18 months to conclude. See you in Australia
www.immi.gov.au
SkillSelect
www.immi.gov.au

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by youngpboy: 11:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
Please i need advice on how to go about my medicals? How to get my HAP ID and the procedures on medicals
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 7:14am On Apr 08, 2015
nikky2015:
Hi I was wondering if it is okay to use coperative society statement in addition to fixed deposits and bank account statement ( all from one sponsor) for my SVP both at the school and embassy ( if the embassy requests for evidence of funds)

I bet you will be fine with all those as long as they collectively have the funds required by your institution.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 7:26am On Apr 08, 2015
youngpboy:
Please i need advice on how to go about my medicals? How to get my HAP ID and the procedures on medicals

Go here: https://online.immi.gov.au/account/register
1. Create an ImmiAccount.
2. Complete all the required questions asked.
3. Generate your HAP ID.
4. Have your HAP ID handy and Call Fatayi Williams Clinic (if you are in Gidi) to book an appointment with them.
5. Fatayi Williams will tell you how much it will cost you.
6. You'll do your medicals at Fatayi - they will give you directions on how to complete your radiology checks.

This is based on my experience some months ago, I'm hoping it hasn't changed much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by JJC2OZ: 9:07am On Apr 08, 2015
FutureDon:

Go here: https://online.immi.gov.au/account/register
1. Create an ImmiAccount.
2. Complete all the required questions asked.
3. Generate your HAP ID.
4. Have your HAP ID handy and Call Fatayi Williams Clinic (if you are in Gidi) to book an appointment with them.
5. Fatayi Williams will tell you how much it will cost you.
6. You'll do your medicals at Fatayi - they will give you directions on how to complete your radiology checks.

This is based on my experience some months ago, I'm hoping it hasn't changed much.
Still same till now.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 08, 2015

I am sure you can. They used to do it in the 18 month rule but now that the new rule states 12 months...the sponsors have to be relatives.

Hello just wondering if a blood relative can act as a co-sponsor for SVP.
I read the GTE document on their website and it said

In considering the applicant’s potential circumstances in Australia, decision makers must have regard to the following factors:
a.The applicant’s ties with Australia which would present as a strong incentive to remain in Australia. This may include family and community ties

was wondering if mentioning my relative will lower my chances of success
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by rolabettin(f): 12:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
of course, you can use ur relatives, i used my dad and bro as sponsors and i was granted visa in 2 weeks. presently schooling in canberra, australia
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by rolabettin(f): 12:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
PLEASE HOUSE, I NEED TO ASK IF ANYONE IS COMING TO AUSTRALIA BEFORE NEXT WEEKEND, I NEED UR HELP FROM LAGOS, PLS REACH ME ON THIS PIN...75388852. I LIVE IN CANBERRA.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ugsams(m): 12:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
well done guys, i like the way you guys contribute actively on this thread. I missed Jenny a lot but i'm consoled by the likes of Bosslady and other people that kept the thread going. I started reading this thread more than a year ago and only caught up with you guys last month. Initially i planned two different travel missions, already accomplished one last year now i'm left with Australia. i can't wait for the day i will be in Australia.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ugsams(m): 12:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
i will be asking questions from now onwards and i apologise for any question which might be considered irrelevant or stupid.

What does the career in oil and gas industry look like in Australia?

Are there jobs for foreigners in that sector?

How feasible is it for a lady to study Geology and work in any of their mining fields?

Does anyone know of ladies who works in the Australian mining industry?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 1:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
This is in line with the global trend of decline in oil price.

Im positive this would pick up soon, and I believe studying in australia would give you an edge when you are ready to dive into the australian labour market.

My advise, attend conferences while in school, make sure your thesis is industry focused, and pay attention to the global trends in the industry.: a clue........ unconventional resources (cbm, shalegas, geothermal etc)

When you get there and put your ears on the ground...... im sure you'd be fine

best of luck

cc @ugsams

ernestudezi:
Hello,

I know Mining Engineers are at a premium in Australia, are Petroleum Engineers in high demand too?? I'm looking to start an MSC in Petroleum Engineering at UNSW, come July. Saw a couple of articles online, insinuating the demand for Petroleum Engineers has dipped by about 70 percent!!..I'd like feedback from folks who know anything about this. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ernestudezi(m): 1:29pm On Apr 08, 2015
Thank you.

bjayzeez:
This is in line with the global trend of decline in oil price.
Im positive this would pick up soon, and I believe studying in australia would give you an edge when you are ready to dive into the australian labour market.
My advise, attend conferences while in school, make sure your thesis is industry focused, and pay attention to the global trends in the industry.: a clue........ unconventional resources (cbm, shalegas, geothermal etc)
When you get there and put your ears on the ground...... im sure you'd be fine
best of luck
cc @ugsams
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by abhim: 2:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
Hello all, for the change of name, I can't get the newspaper my name was published some seven years ago, I'd want to apply for the 189.Is it okay to publish another change of name,
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
rolabettin:
of course, you can use ur relatives, i used my dad and bro as sponsors and i was granted visa in 2 weeks. presently schooling in canberra, australia

I mean blood relatives residing in Australia
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
abhim:
Hello all, for the change of name, I can't get the newspaper my name was published some seven years ago, I'd want to apply for the 189.Is it okay to publish another change of name,

If you can remember the date or month and year there is no need to request for another.just go to newspaper house and request,they 'll still have it.if can't remember you can do another,someone might have other options on this forum
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Jetspeed: 4:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
Dear All want to know if Nepean (Kingswood campus) TAFE Western Sidney Institute is in regional area in NSW.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by JJC2OZ: 5:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
Jetspeed:
Dear All want to know if Nepean (Kingswood campus) TAFE Western Sidney Institute is in regional area in NSW.
Any location bearing SYDNEY is not regional....

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.