Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (754133 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 4:16am On May 01, 2015
As someone posted earlier.... This should help.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/A_Rough_Guide_to_Australian_General_Skilled_Migration

mPop:
good evenin, please i need the contact of an agent. any body going for pr that used an agent pls kindly indicate. thank u

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrsdee: 6:25am On May 01, 2015
[quote author=bossladyMo post=33296366]

For what it's worth...i just got the delay mail too.[/quotel

Hi bosslady, it's like you finally applied for 190 visa.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:39am On May 01, 2015
bossladyMo:

Not to be mean....but if you can read and write, you should have no problem understanding the process. Except you are impatient and want it handed to you on a platter.

Well you can pay me sha....I will gladly lodge it for you. Lol.
and mrlnbrown has a PRV...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 6:56am On May 01, 2015
bossladyMo:

For what it's worth...i just got the delay mail too.

Seems its a guarantee for a grant. Called DIBP again on tuesday; the lady said my application was fine, just that they are waiting for the visa nos to be revised, which happens towards the end of June. So guess 1st week in July, though i still check my email for a miracle grant...lol.

Cant wait to move to Oz. So far how has your experience been? So are you going to move to brisbane when granted? Did u travel with any household gadget?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mPop(f): 7:43am On May 01, 2015
@bosslady funniest part is i am not jokin. i have read everythg on d thread from beginin to end. i wanted to go via school bt i changed my mind to go via pr. that pr language and everythg just seems confusing thats why. i read biology in school finished 4years ago bt never worked with it instead ive wrked as a sales agent/ supply chain person. started work in jan 2013 till this 2015
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mPop(f): 7:49am On May 01, 2015
what do u think,? maybe u can assist me? im thinkin of going for a pgd/masters in logistics and supply chain in the uk come sept and when im done i can apply for the PR.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:51am On May 01, 2015
izykvision0:

Seems its a guarantee for a grant. Called DIBP again on tuesday; the lady said my application was fine, just that they are waiting for the visa nos to be revised, which happens towards the end of June. So guess 1st week in July, though i still check my email for a miracle grant...lol.

Cant wait to move to Oz. So far how has your experience been? So are you going to move to brisbane when granted? Did u travel with any household gadget?

Hahaha! Miracle mail. This issue happens every year....no thanks to them ICT guys I guess lol...dem too plenty. I called them too...and was told the same.

Naaaa...not moving....staying here. Just needed the 190 to to get the PR thing over with once and for all.

I didn't go with any gadget...just hair clipper. Left many things behind.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:53am On May 01, 2015
mPop:
@bosslady funniest part is i am not jokin. i have read everythg on d thread from beginin to end. i wanted to go via school bt i changed my mind to go via pr. that pr language and everythg just seems confusing thats why. i read biology in school finished 4years ago bt never worked with it instead ive wrked as a sales agent/ supply chain person. started work in jan 2013 till this 2015

Download the csol 2014 - 2015and look for any occupation you fit into.

Step1
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:54am On May 01, 2015
[quote author=mrsdee post=33298441][/quote]

Yea....currently on the 489
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mPop(f): 8:34am On May 01, 2015
thank u bosslady for assisting me. i just checked. should i use the sales job or the logistics job?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mPop(f): 8:43am On May 01, 2015
after checking the csol i saw Technical sales representatives nec 225412 vetassess ... i worked as a sales agent for 1yr 6months and i worked as a logistics operation executive for just 9months
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 8:53am On May 01, 2015
mPop:
after checking the csol i saw Technical sales representatives nec 225412 vetassess ... i worked as a sales agent for 1yr 6months and i worked as a logistics operation executive for just 9months

Its best u go thru Vetassess skills assessment process on their website thoroughly as a Ist step. Seems the Postgraduate route is better for u, based on ur mis-matched qualification vs work exp. Think you need 5yrs work exp. of a nominated occup. for an irrelevant bsc.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mPop(f): 9:22am On May 01, 2015
5years? shocked jesus. so i cant use my sales experience to apply? so does it mean even after my pgd i still need to work some more in the field of logistics befre applying. this is why i said it was complicated
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Tyrexx: 9:25am On May 01, 2015
@ aolatunde00 and prechear did you apply for registration or license as an external auditor before you were granted your visa?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 10:50am On May 01, 2015
mPop:
5years? shocked jesus. so i cant use my sales experience to apply? so does it mean even after my pgd i still need to work some more in the field of logistics befre applying. this is why i said it was complicated

It is straight-forward. After ur pgd wch shld be a minimum of 1yr, u shld av post work experience of i think 2/3 yrs in a relevant field to ur pgd. I yr post work exp. is accepted only for a relevant bsc.

Hope u are aware u av to return to Naija after ur course in Uk, except d new govt - if not the conservatives, reverses that.

Canada / Oz is d way to go for study, if paramount plan is PR.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mPop(f): 11:32am On May 01, 2015
i might just go the student route then. in the mean time let me work and save more money ...for people going the student route, pls quick question. after your 2 year study, u have to apply for a temporary graduate visa, is it immediately u apply for the PR or you have to work for 1year first before applying for the PR?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mPop(f): 11:51am On May 01, 2015
exactly @izyk il go d sch route.cs my end game is an australian pr hope there is no age limit for a tafe course sha? do u hv an answer to my previous question? is it immediately after study u apply for Pr or u apply after working for 1 year?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 12:12pm On May 01, 2015
mPop:
exactly @izyk il go d sch route.cs my end game is an australian pr hope there is no age limit for a tafe course sha? do u hv an answer to my previous question? is it immediately after study u apply for Pr or u apply after working for 1 year?

U dont need work exp. after ur study to apply for PR. But it must be a 2year study or 2yrs cummulative. So bone UK and face Oz squarely.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 01, 2015
Hi All,

Its nice being here, I just got an Admission to Study Bsc Nursing in Melbourne, can someone advice me on the following:

1. Cost of living in Melbourne

2. Getting affordable Accommodation

3. Areas to live in Melbourne in terms of housing and what am I expected to pay per week?

4. How is the lecture period/timing like in Melbourne compared to my doing part-time Job in addition as a Nursing Student.

5. Can I get a good Job to assist me with my Tuition and expenses while I study in Melbourne?

6. Will my study workload interfere or enable me to have time to work?

7. I intend to get a PR on completion of my Studies, how possible is this for me Studying Nursing in Melbourne?

8. What type of part-time Jobs are out there for me to do?

I am hoping for your kind response, thanks alot.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 10:00pm On May 01, 2015
Tyrexx:
@ aolatunde00 and prechear did you apply for registration or license as an external auditor before you were granted your visa?

No I didn't apply for any registration or license. External auditor is on the skilled occupation list jst as other professions. All u need is to get ur skilled assessed positively by an assessing body of ur choice.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lilspiceyy(f): 11:41pm On May 01, 2015
Hello good pple of this thread. Pls I need your help. My school is requesting for a:
(1)proof of relationship to sponsor
(2)sponsorship declaration or affidavit of sponsorship before I can pay my tuition and get the eCOE. I have the sponsor declaration ready But.... my sponsor is my maternal uncle with different surnames and I don't have any proof of relationship except an affidavit of age declaration he did for me and it was stated in it that I am his niece. Pls I want to knw if dat sworn affidavit (the age declaration dat he stated I am his niece)is sufficient evidence as I want to pay my tuition, get my COE and apply ASAP as there is limited time.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mclarry(m): 11:51pm On May 01, 2015
prechear:

No I didn't apply for any registration or license. External auditor is on the skilled occupation list jst as other professions. All u need is to get ur skilled assessed positively by an assessing body of ur choice.

@Preacher, are u saying all u presented for ur skilled assessment was ur degree and work experience without professional qualifications like ICAN/ACCA, what qualifications did u present with how many years of working experience?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Tyrexx: 12:54am On May 02, 2015
prechear:

@preacher, I have gotten my qualifications assessed by CPA and I was confirmed academically suitable for migration. My bachelor degree was assessed as comparable to an Australian associate degree, ICAN qualification was assessed as comparable to an Australian bachelor degree and my two master degrees from an Australian university were assessed as comparable to an Australian master degree. Although, I didn't include my experience since I have 65 points. In addition, I have already filled the EOI online. I would appreciate your advice and your experience. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:56am On May 02, 2015
Tyrexx:

@preacher, I have gotten my qualifications assessed by CPA and I was confirmed academically suitable for migration. My bachelor degree was assessed as comparable to an Australian associate degree, ICAN qualification was assessed as comparable to an Australian bachelor degree and my two master degrees from an Australian university were assessed as comparable to an Australian master degree. Although, I didn't include my experience since I have 65 points. In addition, I have already filled the EOI online. I would appreciate your advice and your experience. Thanks.

You are almost good to go na. Have you done IELTS? Ensure that whatever work experience you are claiming points for is for after the ICAN o...not your BSc.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Tyrexx: 5:18am On May 02, 2015
@BossladyMo, thanks for your advice but my 65 points is exclusive of work experience. As for IELTS, I had at least 7 in each band that was how I got my skills assessed by CPA.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Tyrexx: 5:20am On May 02, 2015
bossladyMo:

You are almost good to go na. Have you done IELTS? Ensure that whatever work experience you are claiming points for is for after the ICAN o...not your BSc.

@BossladyMo, thanks for your advice but my 65 points is exclusive of work experience. As for IELTS, I had at least 7 in each band that was how I got my skills assessed by CPA.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 5:54am On May 02, 2015
mclarry:

@Preacher, are u saying all u presented for ur skilled assessment was ur degree and work experience without professional qualifications like ICAN/ACCA, what qualifications did u present with how many years of working experience?

In ur earlier post, u said "registration" and "license". I never knew u were refering to qualifications. Yes, I presented ICAN cert along with my application for assessment. I presented 3yrs work experience. I also used CPA too. Congrats on ur positive assessment
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 5:59am On May 02, 2015
Tyrexx:

Advice? All u need do is SIT back and RELAX...the next stage for DIBP to invite u to formally lodge an application and u jst have to take it one step at a time. Then medicals and finally grant. You have crossed the major hurdle of assessment. Every other thing will jst follow. My sincere advice: Just relax
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mPop(f): 7:12am On May 02, 2015
@tyrexx are u applying from inside australia? where are u going to get the police report u will use for ur visa lodgement
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:12am On May 02, 2015
Tyrexx:

So how did you get the 65points exactly? If you got a 7 in ielts? Pls break it down. Or are you claiming partner points or Aus degree?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by scrollmeout(m): 9:05am On May 02, 2015
Hello Engineers in the house(NNB2012, gogochocolate et al), i have a question please. When being assessed by EA, what determines the equivalence of your Nigerian degree to either Australian bachelors degree or Associate degree? Is it the duration of your course or the content of your Career Episodes? I am concerned because i need the 15 points. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Tyrexx: 9:12am On May 02, 2015
mPop:
@tyrexx are u applying from inside australia? where are u going to get the police report u will use for ur visa lodgement

I am already in Australia. I came in as a student. Concerning police report from Nigeria, if that is your question, I am working on that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.