Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752282 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:07am On Apr 26, 2015
izykvision0:

Lol. Its called same way in the UK.

Bet yyyyyyyy lol
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nozzle(m): 9:34am On Apr 26, 2015
toluene23:
Urgent!!!Please do I nee to purchase a Ticket"RETURN" booked.Before I can be offer a VISA to Sofia in Bulgaria.I was told that by an agent.Actually I'm going there with a Job VISA but yet to be out.So I was told to purschase a ticket"Booked"because he said for them to know at the embassy the date of departure.Please I need ur help on this before I enter into it and get scammed.tho the invitation and eployment letter will be out this week. Thanks.
OMG Bulgaria

what are you going to do thr? you better don't waste your money and find somewhr better to go
or do something useful with your life!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 26, 2015
Nozzle:

OMG Bulgaria

what are you going to do thr? you better don't waste your money and find somewhr better to go
or do something useful with your life!

OMG Australia
What are you g to do there?is that place not too far?and australian schools are expensive

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gnykelly(m): 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2015
this earth belongs to God. go where you feel like and do not transgress limit.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 26, 2015
gnykelly:
this earth belongs to God. go where you feel like and do not transgress limit.

God bless you

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dolapokay: 8:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
ewagbamio:
@BKings,
Please how did you collect your ielts result? I also took the March 14th test (Benin test center, though i registered at British Council in Port Harcourt), but whenever i log in to check the results online I always get the message " No Results found"

I mailed them on the 31st of last month and they replied that they are still processing results and then they'l have to analyse it. The email also that report form will be issued to test takers from 2nd April, apologies for the delay. Well, this is April 2nd and I tried checking online again a few mins ago and I got the same answer "No Results found"

Is this a common occurrence? What do you suggest I do next? I'm thinking of going to the British Council in PH

Ferdimako and company, please kindly weigh in on this

Thanks

Please how do I get to the benin center. I don't know the address, I registered online
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 26, 2015
It was at Constantia Hotel in Benin. You can Google them and also get directions online. I actually Lodged there while taking the test so I'll check if I still have their no.

I know it is close to the airport but I'm not so familiar with Benin.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NNBB2012: 12:08am On Apr 27, 2015
Dav6:
@NNBB2012 thanks a lot bro you are doing a great job...I do appreciate....pls how can one go about OET exam from my research I discovered that the centre is not in Nigeria and all....pls help

I guess you might need to sit for IELTS academics since OET centre is not in Nigeria. It is quite unfortunate though.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by missakomaye(f): 8:33am On Apr 27, 2015
Hahahahahahaha, Nice one Preciousstones. People shouldn't judge other peoples choices in Life.
@Nozzle
If he/she is your close friend then advice them "friendly/nicely" and give VALID points why or why not. Then let the person choose.

Preciousstones:

OMG Australia
What are you g to do there?is that place not too far?and australian schools are expensive

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cheedyH: 10:40am On Apr 27, 2015
Anyone in the house who has used IOM to get to Australia? Were you given an accommodation in Dubia? Was it free. The whole long waiting transit hours in Dubia. Mrlinbrown et al replies pls.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 11:01am On Apr 27, 2015
cheedyH:
Anyone in the house who has used IOM to get to Australia? Were you given an accommodation in Dubia? Was it free. The whole long waiting transit hours in Dubia. Mrlinbrown et al replies pls.
My transit time in dubai is less than 2hrs 30mins hence there wont b need for accomodation. IOM provide assistant in dubai is need be.

Just get your ticket.....worry not
Plus u will b giving extra 10kg (40kg total)
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
cheedyH:

Someone I know, who used IOM, got the Marahaba treatment in Dubai and free buffet.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ome240: 12:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
Greetings People....
Nice to see people make out time to reach out to others. Kudo everyone.
I have a few queries,
1. I have an offer from the University of Tasmania (Australian Maritime College). The course offered me is Bachelor of Applied Nautical Science. Further more in my offer letter, I was also awarded a scholarship in Ports & Shipping.
People I don't understand how the Bsc course offer and scholarship works.
can anyone throw more light on this. Am skeptical asking the school cos am processing docs for visa application.
2. The course duration is for about one year..... Can I travel with my family for the entire duration of the course without being bounced by immigration
3. I qualified for the SVP. Is it possible to receive visa grant within one month, as I plan to lodge application for me and family tomorrow.
4. Is there anyone on this thread in Tasmania.
Can someone please advice...... cheers people
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 1:23pm On Apr 27, 2015
ome240:
Greetings People....
Nice to see people make out time to reach out to others. Kudo everyone.
I have a few queries,
1. I have an offer from the University of Tasmania (Australian Maritime College). The course offered me is Bachelor of Applied Nautical Science. Further more in my offer letter, I was also awarded a scholarship in Ports & Shipping.
People I don't understand how the Bsc course offer and scholarship works.
can anyone throw more light on this. Am skeptical asking the school cos am processing docs for visa application.
2. The course duration is for about one year..... Can I travel with my family for the entire duration of the course without being bounced by immigration
3. I qualified for the SVP. Is it possible to receive visa grant within one month, as I plan to lodge application for me and family tomorrow.
4. Is there anyone on this thread in Tasmania.
Can someone please advice...... cheers people
1. The school should be able to give you details of your schoolarship if it covers your tuition and or living expense...on your offer there should be a case officer name and contact. Dont be afraid to ask them questions.

Is this a top up degree, Y one year?
Did u pay tuition to get your COE?
2. You ar eligible to travel wit ur family if ur course is one year and above.
3. SVP grants ranges from 9 working to 3months. Apply as soon as possible.

I think if you ar on Australia gov schoolarship, you wont b asses under SVP...not sure tho

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ome240: 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
@mrnilobrawn
It's like a top up. The degree is delivered in Phases. I am joining at the phase 5 of the programme.
its a core marine course. I had started from Nigeria, had phase 4 in Ghana and hoping to conclude the final phase in Australia. After the phase 5 which lasts for 1year, I will be issued with a Bsc in Applied Sciences (Nautical).
I paid tuition and OSHC for the duration as stipulated in the CoE for me and family.

In my offer letter and CoE, it was stated that I've been Awarded a Ports & Shipping Scholarship. Don't know if the scholarship is enshrined in the Nautical science programme or if it starts when I conclude the Bsc modules.
I will be undertaking National regulators exams with AMSA at the end of the Bsc course though.

like you adviced, I will write them to clarify about this. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dexterinc2003: 2:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
Hello house,Good news,i just got my australian visa grant 573 (svp) today...i applied on the 10th of april... so happy right now,just want to use this medium to encourage every silent observer who also applied and is currently waiting... good news also awaits you all....sydney here i come baybe... grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 2:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
^^^
Good one and congrats!!!

All of the best in Oz.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cheedyH: 2:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

My transit time in dubai is less than 2hrs 30mins hence there wont b need for accomodation. IOM provide assistant in dubai is need be.

Just get your ticket.....worry not
Plus u will b giving extra 10kg (40kg total)
. 2hrs 30min? Is that the only stopover you will have? Mine is way longer. I know about the IOM assistant. I am just concerned about the long wait in Dubai and where I can lay my head.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cheedyH: 2:32pm On Apr 27, 2015
bossladyMo:

Someone I know, who used IOM, got the Marahaba treatment in Dubai and free buffet.
. Greetings!! Can you help me and find out how long the transit hour was in Dubia for the person? The Marahaba treatment does it include accommodation? I believe you have settled down fully by now.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dexterinc2003: 3:17pm On Apr 27, 2015
RedReact:
^^^
Good one and congrats!!!

All of the best in Oz.

Thanks bro....

Pls who knows about the IOM FLights....they sent me a form to fill,requesting a DIAC file number(OSF,BCC)
What does that mean,cause there's no such thing on the visa grant.
Just In case it means something else,pls your help is needed here if you have any idea.thank you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by youngpboy: 5:03pm On Apr 27, 2015
dexterinc2003:
Hello house,Good news,i just got my australian visa grant 573 (svp) today...i applied on the 10th of april... so happy right now,just want to use this medium to encourage every silent observer who also applied and is currently waiting... good news also awaits you ahttp://www.nairaland.com/newpost?post=33162036&topic=1032530ll....sydney here i come baybe... grin grin grin

great and congrat.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Prince242: 8:34pm On Apr 27, 2015
dexterinc2003:
Hello house,Good news,i just got my australian visa grant 573 (svp) today...i applied on the 10th of april... so happy right now,just want to use this medium to encourage every silent observer who also applied and is currently waiting... good news also awaits you all....sydney here i come baybe... grin grin grin

Congrats bro...... Please did u submit police clearance certificate wit ur student application?
Secondly did u also submit copy of any of ur siblings international passport wit ur application?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 27, 2015
cheedyH:
. Greetings!! Can you help me and find out how long the transit hour was in Dubia for the person? The Marahaba treatment does it include accommodation? I believe you have settled down fully by now.

The normal Dubai transit is about 2 1/2hrs or so. You inly get a longer transit time, if you opt for one. He did not get accommidation, cos it was less than 12hrs transit time.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
cheedyH:
. 2hrs 30min? Is that the only stopover you will have? Mine is way longer. I know about the IOM assistant. I am just concerned about the long wait in Dubai and where I can lay my head.

How long is your wait time?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2015
dexterinc2003:

Yayyy!!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by omooba2015(m): 9:08pm On Apr 27, 2015
Can you please list all documents you submit along with your application.Thanks Congrats
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 9:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
dexterinc2003:
Cool....lets go there
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 9:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
cheedyH:
How many stopovers do you have and
whats the transit time on your ticket?

Go and get your ticket if u hav'nt....bed to lay ur head should'nt be ur problem
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dexterinc2003: 5:18am On Apr 28, 2015
Prince242:

Congrats bro...... Please did u submit police clearance certificate wit ur student application?
Secondly did u also submit copy of any of ur siblings international passport wit ur application?

The visa is streamlined (svp)...means no statement of account,no PCC required....my school doesnt require ielts,as long as you where trained in english and your nigerian school can testify to that....i only submitted my form 157a,956a,copies of int.passport,yellow card,credentials,coe,oshc,cv,previous appointment letters,statement of purpose,and did my medicals before applying (thanks to nairaland)...i applied late on a friday,and it took 17 days to get the grant.

Thanks yall @ mrnilobrown,bossladymo,omooba2015,youngpboy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by stepo707: 6:20am On Apr 28, 2015
dexterinc2003:

The visa is streamlined (svp)...means no statement of account,no PCC required....my school doesnt require ielts,as long as you where trained in english and your nigerian school can testify to that....i only submitted my form 157a,956a,copies of int.passport,yellow card,credentials,coe,oshc,cv,previous appointment letters,statement of purpose,and did my medicals before applying (thanks to nairaland)...i applied late on a friday,and it took 17 days to get the grant.

Thanks yall @ mrnilobrown,bossladymo,omooba2015,youngpboy.
Please wats the name of the school?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 7:13am On Apr 28, 2015
dexterinc2003:

Which school, course, undergraduate or postgraduate?

This might actually help alot of ppl
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dexterinc2003: 8:17am On Apr 28, 2015
University of new south wales,i think it should be among the top 5 universities in australia,and top 50 in the world.
I applied for masters in public health (postgraduate),only problem is that the scholarship availability is close to none, (except ausaid,and for phds)....its quite expensive and i think being a medical doctor helped boost my chances of being admitted.
I know quite a few nigerians there,so yes admission should be considerably easy...in fact easier than all others i know of.

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.