Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes (31967 Views)

Passengers Rush To Board An Over-booked Arik Flight / Bauchi Airport Releases Statement On People Using Ladder To Board Aircraft / Pictures Of Travellers "Fighting" To Board Arik Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Agiliti(m): 6:28am On Aug 30, 2012
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by ujukala: 6:39am On Aug 30, 2012
The snakes are more fertile than the ones they have in brasil...could be a reason!
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Okijajuju1(m): 6:48am On Aug 30, 2012
As a snake enthusiast[, let me come to his defence.

I do not believe that the man arrested had any sinister intentions as the breeds of snakes he had on him;

Boas
Phthons &
Corn Snakes

Are all constrictors and non-venomous snakes. The guy was probably trying to avoid the drama of passing through animal control at both airports. Anybody who has ever tried flying a pet across two countries would know this. Although, if these snakes had found there way out on the plane, the anarchy would have been epic,however, judging by the non-vemonmity of the snakes, I think he was a geniune breeder trying to expand his collection. Some people may not know this but like Dogs, people acutally breed snakes and even alter their traits like colour and size in the process. And a rare coloured constrictor sells for quite a hansome cost to snake pet owners.

The poor guy was just looking for a way out and I'm guessing that's why he wasntnt charged with terrorism.

#my 1 cent
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by y2kaustin(m): 6:54am On Aug 30, 2012
I almost mistaken d man for an "ibo man",umm smugglin,caught a man,u knw.Just tinkin sha
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by chucky234(m): 7:02am On Aug 30, 2012
Hmmm snake onboard a plane?
That single action alone cost the goon $16,000,what a lost.
He might have good intention after all because Colour Morph and Boa Constrictor snakes can never be find in Brazil maybe that's why the man travelled all the way from Rio De Janerio to Florida to get them,imagine what those specie of snakes could have done to those passengers onboard.
LWKMD
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Okijajuju1(m): 7:07am On Aug 30, 2012
chucky234: Hmmm snake onboard a plane?
That single action alone cost the goon $16,000,what a lost.
He might have good intention after all because Colour Morph and Boa Constrictor snakes can never be find in Brazil maybe that's why the man travelled all the way from Rio De Janerio to Florida to get them,imagine what those specie of snakes could have done to those passengers onboard.
LWKMD

Apart from scare them nothing else..

Also don't forget that he had them nside a speaker box, which means they were all juveniles.. A full grown python or boa, 27 would never fit inside that speaker box. 27 full grown corn snakes sef which are the thinnest and smallest of the 3 breeds would not even fit in a speaker box.
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by free2ryhme: 7:16am On Aug 30, 2012
olu4life: Amazon forest wey be land of abundant creatures no do am. Like Dominique said 'Snakes on a Plane' also came to my mind. Cant even imagine if i was on a plane and there is a luggage full of snakes. Will die of heart attack instantly

sad angry Hear yourself, when you nvr see the content of the luggage, "...you will die of heart attack instatly"... You are a weakling
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by chucky234(m): 7:16am On Aug 30, 2012
Okija_juju: As a snake enthusiast[, let me come to his defence.

I do not believe that the man arrested had any sinister intentions as the breeds of snakes he had on him;

Boas
Phthons &
Corn Snakes

Are all constrictors and non-venomous snakes. The guy was probably trying to avoid the drama of passing through animal control at both airports. Anybody who has ever tried flying a pet across two countries would know this. Although, if these snakes had found there way out on the plane, the anarchy would have been epic,however, judging by the non-vemonmity of the snakes, I think he was a geniune breeder trying to expand his collection. Some people may not know this but like Dogs, people acutally breed snakes and even alter their traits like colour and size in the process. And a rare coloured constrictor sells for quite a hansome cost to snake pet owners.

The poor guy was just looking for a way out and I'm guessing that's why he wasntnt charged with terrorism.

#my 1 cent
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by chucky234(m): 7:22am On Aug 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

Apart from scare them nothing else..

Also don't forget that he had them nside a speaker box, which means they were all juveniles.. A full grown python or boa, 27 would never fit inside that speaker box. 27 full grown corn snakes sef which are the thinnest and smallest of the 3 breeds would not even fit in a speaker box.

Juveniles or not the sight of those tiny creatures is enough to send women and children onboard that aircraft to early grave,who do you think would have explain to them that the snakes are non-venomous species.
Okija na suicide mission 3 that guy for act for that plane with those snakes oooo,imagine wetin pilot and co-pilot for do for cabin wen those shiny colour morph climb on to the cabin.
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by livingstoneony(m): 7:42am On Aug 30, 2012
webaplanet: A Brazilian man was arrested for trying to board a flight at Orlando International Airport while carrying 27 snakes that he'd wrapped in pantyhose and stashed away in inside stereo speakers, authorities said.

(Orange County Jail)Mateus Del Maso, Jr. checked the speakers as luggage, but they were inspected and the snakes hidden inside were discovered. The creatures never made it onto the aircraft.

Dal Maso purchased the serpents at the National Reptile Breeders Expo in Daytona Beach, Fla. He admitted he was going to carry the snakes - which he valued at about $10,000 - into Brazil and breed them for commercial purposes, a release from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said.

He did not have the proper authorization to take the reptiles - one ball python, seven boa constrictors, and 19 color morph corn snakes - into Brazil.

Dal Maso pleaded guilty on Aug. 23 to attempting to smuggle the snakes. He served two days in Orange County Jail and was fined $6,000. He was also sentenced to one year of supervised release, and must report to a probation officer within 72 hours of his arrival if he ever returns to the U.S.

The snakes were taken to an undisclosed care facility.

The arrest came about as a result of a multi-agency law enforcement operation that's been dubbed "Operation Snake Pit." The program seeks to prevent the illegal shipping of reptiles.
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/busted-trying-board-plane-27-snak
es-130416795--abc-news-topstories.html
#snakes on a plane,maybe if he had successfully boarded dem dey will start phucking ish up grin
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by tellwisdom: 8:00am On Aug 30, 2012
Why is snake taking over NL these days?? ...Im confusd angry angry
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by justi4jesu(f): 8:14am On Aug 30, 2012
shocked[color=#006600][/color]
That guy is really insane for doing that,dem for even fine am d $10,000 wey him say him spend buy da snakes....sshhhhh I've got goose-bumps already thinking abt 27snakes on a plane..
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by chucky234(m): 8:22am On Aug 30, 2012
tellwisdom: Why is snake taking over NL these days?? ...Im confusd angry angry
Because Nairaland is turning to snakeland,
lol
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Okijajuju1(m): 8:24am On Aug 30, 2012
@ Chucky

I understand the panic that mere seeing a rubber snake would cause on a plane, coupled with the after effect from watching snakes on a plane.. But the last paragraph of the article captures my point well. Apparently, reptile smuggling between both countries is now a thing of concern as many people must be actively involved in it..

I really dont believe that he had any sinister motives..

Rare Albino python..

Rare Albino Boa

Rare Albino Corn snake..
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by olu4life(m): 8:30am On Aug 30, 2012
free2ryhme:

sad angry Hear yourself, when you nvr see the content of the luggage, "...you will die of heart attack instatly"... You are a weakling
guy,lock up. Everybody get em phobia. I have phobia for snakes,atleast em better pass some people phobia. Kappish
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Shaw007(m): 8:38am On Aug 30, 2012
olu4life: guy,lock up. Everybody get em phobia. I have phobia for snakes,atleast em better pass some people phobia. Kappish
no mind am jOr. . .make i drop one single black mamba 4 hin sitting room. . .hin go knw sey no be weakling mata we dey talk hia!
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Tinyemeka(m): 8:39am On Aug 30, 2012
y2kaustin: I almost mistaken d man for an "ibo man",umm smugglin,caught a man,u knw.Just tinkin sha

Eyaaa. No wonder you're still a stark illiterate at this age. Sorry O.
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 30, 2012
This would have been a real snakes on a plane movie
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by bossboss1: 8:42am On Aug 30, 2012
Siga: Im pretty sure those breeds are not in Brazil....for him to come this far for snakes...im sure he would have done his research to know those breeds are not in Brazil, or difficult to find in Brazil and its cheaper to fly down to US to buy them....
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Komedy(m): 8:54am On Aug 30, 2012
Oyibo can jonze shaa
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Hawkeye(m): 8:55am On Aug 30, 2012
"I have had it with these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane!".
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 30, 2012
Mehn,see the fine he was sanctioned,probably cos he's white,a mere $6000 and 2days jail,thank God he's not middle eastern,he might have been on his way to guantanamo now.
@all saying he shud go to amazon to catch snakes,its not like that,amazon river contains different species of snakes that he himself might not have experience on their behaviours,he(culprit) might just have end up being the prey cos snakes have big plans.
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 30, 2012
SNAKES!

***running for my dear life*** !
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Kgdavid(m): 9:21am On Aug 30, 2012
would people stop being overly dramatic about this? clearly he was not going to carry the snakes as hand luggae...snakes that big cant be carried as hand luggae and neither can you carry stero speakers as hand luggae...the snakes were going to the cargo hold....how on earth would he have made it there to release them for sinister motives?
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by megxo(m): 9:22am On Aug 30, 2012
SNAKE ON DECK
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Kgdavid(m): 9:24am On Aug 30, 2012
besides contrary to what you might have seen on snakes on a plane snakes are not nearly as aggressive as that nor would a snake naturally move towards human beings...even if they were released they probably would stay down there in the cargo hold and lastly with so many men on board 27 snakes would be easy to re-capture or kill...these are all docile snakes.
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by monosetale: 9:39am On Aug 30, 2012
The title of this movie would have been-27 snakes on a plane*the revenge* smiley ROFLMAO
Starring : ini edo , pete edochie , jim ike ,mercy johnson
Directed : lancelot imasuen
GRAB YOUR COPY NOW
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by dominique(f): 9:58am On Aug 30, 2012
Opoki: Boa consicritor is not in d tropic, not sure of others.

sure about that? i thought large snakes like boa constrictors are abundant in the amazon jungle undecided.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos State Government Shares Throwback On Molue / Seven Killed, Two Injured In Motor Accident Along Minna-Suleja Highway (Graphic) / Port Harcourt International Airport Ranked Worlds Worst Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.