Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes (31966 Views)

Passengers Rush To Board An Over-booked Arik Flight / Bauchi Airport Releases Statement On People Using Ladder To Board Aircraft / Pictures Of Travellers "Fighting" To Board Arik Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Okijajuju1(m): 10:11am On Aug 30, 2012
dominique:

sure about that? i thought large snakes like boa constrictors are abundant in the amazon jungle undecided.

Yeah you are right..

But with snake breeding, its not just about catching any random boa and allowing them multiply.

The real purpose is the invention of rare coloured snakes.. And I'm sure a snake convention would have a wide array of rare coloured and patterned snakes that would be interesting to a breeder..

E.g.. How often do you see such beautifully patterned and coloured pythons like this in the bushes?

[img]http://www.kaaland.fr/images/2006/08/1371.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.snakebreeders.info/ad_photos/3252469-80721183851.jpg[/img]

These snakes you see are a product of long, painstaking and careful inter breeding of rare coloured snakes to produce these..

I can almost swear that this guy is a breeder solely by the breeds he was transporting which are constrictors.. And constrictors and the only breeds that are used in this colour mutation breeding.
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 30, 2012
Bzoe: you are not alone

By Michael Jackson, marketed by Sony Music.

tongue tongue
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Hefty5(m): 10:22am On Aug 30, 2012
Hahah diz ppl no go fit kill psn oooo. What, if i may ask, what re brazillians doing with all dis snake sef abi them de use am do ritualz eee
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 30, 2012
olu4life: Amazon forest wey be land of abundant creatures no do am. Like Dominique said 'Snakes on a Plane' also came to my mind. Cant even imagine if i was on a plane and there is a luggage full of snakes. Will die of heart attack instantly

What a faithless confession. I will kill all the snakes.

The snakes are flying for the first time while I am experienced in flying.
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by TimAllen: 10:27am On Aug 30, 2012
[img][/img]

Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Okijajuju1(m): 10:29am On Aug 30, 2012
TimAllen: [img][/img]

LOL!!

Thats a venomous snake..
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 30, 2012
Odinaka00:

You don't knw hw much he z gon make if he had succeeded in smuggling those snakes, if yu want to make millions of dollars over-night juz do snake business in brazil, it gives money like drug biz....talking frm xperience o, cuz my fwend in sa here is into d game

Since you are talking from experience. Can we start the snake business in Nigeria

Who are the buyers of these snakes in brazil and for what use

I want to make big money. Snake or whatever.
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Dubemkelly(m): 10:43am On Aug 30, 2012
Damn! This reminds me wat happnd here in Lag, a guy had 2 snakes in his hand n dose creatures were much alive, making those irritating movemnt, worse was dat d guy walked in d midst of peeps n everybody took 2 deir heels, sum dudes approached him nd mass beat him nd brought his senses dat he was in a pub place....Gosh! I almost wshed d earth swallowed me... Wat abt snake island in Lag? I so much hate snakes,weda alive or dead
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 30, 2012
y2kaustin: I almost mistaken d man for an "ibo man",umm smugglin,caught a man,u knw.Just tinkin sha

You dey mad at that. Do you come from a lazy tribe where women feed their husbands

Why are you hallucinatinating in day time
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 30, 2012
dadicvila: Just went out to the store outside my house few mins ago after reading this news and 1 rubber of garri i bought for 400hundred bucks 3 days ago now sells for 150bucks...please moderators,more of garri price reducing news on the front page please

Poverty has crippled your mentality. People like you take garri for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And you know what, it affects the thinking pattern resulting in off point comments like yours.

Remeber GEJ has introduced cassava bread to help people like you get variety of meals. cheesy grin
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 30, 2012
dominique: sure about that? i thought large snakes like boa constrictors are abundant in the amazon jungle undecided.

you do know that some people like to come on NL and claim stuf out of their head na.......

BOA CONSTRICTOR
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Boa constrictor is a large, heavy-bodied species of snake. It is a member of the family Boidae found in North, Central, and South America, as well as some islands in the Caribbean.

@Okija juju
the way you talk about these creature sounds like you are very passionate about it, kudos to you!
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

Apart from scare them nothing else..

Also don't forget that he had them nside a speaker box, which means they were all juveniles.. A full grown python or boa, 27 would never fit inside that speaker box. 27 full grown corn snakes sef which are the thinnest and smallest of the 3 breeds would not even fit in a speaker box.

Speaker box get sizes oo. Have you gone for outdoor crusade see mega speaker boxes Some can contain 50 snakes sef.
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by crackhouse(m): 11:40am On Aug 30, 2012
This must be a prosperity or Goodluck snake.
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Saxophemsy: 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2012
Dubemkelly: Damn! This reminds me wat happnd here in Lag, a guy had 2 snakes in his hand n dose creatures were much alive, making those irritating movemnt, worse was dat d guy walked in d midst of peeps n everybody took 2 deir heels, sum dudes approached him nd mass beat him nd brought his senses dat he was in a pub place....Gosh! I almost wshed d earth swallowed me... Wat abt snake island in Lag? I so much hate snakes,weda alive or dead
c ucheesy
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Okijajuju1(m): 12:12pm On Aug 30, 2012
okpara ugo:

Speaker box get sizes oo. Have you gone for outdoor crusade see mega speaker boxes Some can contain 50 snakes sef.

Ofcousre speakers dey grade by grade.. But I seriously doubt any sensible smuggler would carry crusade speakers and check it in as hand luggage.. grin
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by chucky234(m): 12:36pm On Aug 30, 2012
TimAllen: [img][/img]
This multiple cobra will kill you in two seconds,don't even dare to dream of owning one because the venom is second to none.
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Okijajuju1(m): 12:41pm On Aug 30, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

you do know that some people like to come on NL and claim stuf out of their head na.......

BOA CONSTRICTOR
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Boa constrictor is a large, heavy-bodied species of snake. It is a member of the family Boidae found in North, Central, and South America, as well as some islands in the Caribbean.

@Okija juju
the way you talk about these creature sounds like you are very passionate about it, kudos to you!

Too much Animal planet would do that to you.. Lol..

Actually, I am facinated with snakes. Whenever I visit a zoo, the first animal I want to see is their snake collection.
I first got to know about this genetic alteration snake breeding from animal planet, researched it an was amazed at the beautifully cross-bred constrictors that some really passionate breeders have successfully hatched..

Anyways, I researched this topic as well and realized that there is a big constrictor market in south America, and the more unique the coloration on the skin, the better and pricier. Let's also not forget that apart from the snake lovers who buy these as pets, the fashion industry is also another big patron.. Imagine a shoe with one of those beautifullly coloured python or Boa skin!? Slap a Prada logo on it and you couldn't touch one for 5000 dollars..

I am terrified of snakes generally except in Anambra (my village) where pythons are revered and can't be killed..
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by chucky234(m): 12:48pm On Aug 30, 2012
dominique:

sure about that? i thought large snakes like boa constrictors are abundant in the amazon jungle undecided.
Those snakes in the Amazon forest/river has wild behaviour and unpredictable temperament,it will be a suicide mission for any breeder to walk into amazon in search of such snakes whether venomous or non-venomous species.
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by chucky234(m): 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

Actually, I am facinated with snakes. Whenever I visit a zoo, the first animal I want to see is their snake collection.
I first got to know about this genetic alteration snake breeding from animal planet, researched it an was amazed at the beautifully cross-bred constrictors that some really passionate breeders have successfully hatched..

Anyways, I researched this topic as well and realized that there is a big constrictor market in south America, and the more unique the coloration on the skin, the better and pricier. Let's also not forget that apart from the snake lovers who buy these as pets, the fashion industry is also another big patron.. Imagine a shoe with one of those beautifullly coloured python or Boa skin!? Slap a Prada logo on it and you couldn't touch one for 5000 dollars..

I am terrified of snakes generally except in Anambra (my village) where pythons are revered and can't be killed..

You better be terrify because those snakes can be very predatory,a non-venomous python is still as dangerous as a venomous cobra.
I used to research a lot about them,Puff Adar is one snake I don't ever want to encounter.
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 30, 2012
The snakes were meant for snake meat pepper soup
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by fankasibe: 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
the man wan shot horror film shocked shocked
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Ninilowo(m): 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2012
Which kain nonsense be dis? So the fools wey sell no know say it was against the law. That is why I hate the Americans. What wil happen to those that sold the stuff? A begii......
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Okijajuju1(m): 4:06pm On Aug 30, 2012
chucky234: You better be terrify because those snakes can be very predatory,a non-venomous python is still as dangerous as a venomous cobra.
I used to research a lot about them,Puff Adar is one snake I don't ever want to encounter.

Puff Adder?!

Dude!! We are talking about serious snakes here... Meet the top ranking killers amongst snakes.. These snakes kill snakes.. #ThatsWhatsUp

Taipan.. Worlds most venomous snake..

Comman Indian Krait

Phillipine Cobra.

King Cobra.

Russells Viper

Black Mamba (Can be found in Africa)

Yellow Jawed Tommygoff..

This is what happened to a nigga bitten by this snake;

Tiger Snake

Mozambiqucan spitting Cobra

DUDE!! The fear of snakes is the beginning of wisdom.. However, I would love to have an all white bermese Python for a pet.. Beautiful Creatures the pythons..

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by oba2flex(m): 4:09pm On Aug 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

We have that in common
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Okijajuju1(m): 4:12pm On Aug 30, 2012
oba2flex: We have that in common

You should see the python at Jos Zoo.. MY GOD!!

That shit was in a pit that was at least 6 - 8 ft deep and i was still scared.
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by oba2flex(m): 4:37pm On Aug 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

You should see the python at Jos Zoo.. MY GOD!!

That shit was in a pit that was at least 6 - 8 ft deep and i was still scared.
Wow! That was quite scaring and would love to see it.Last Python i saw was at kano zoo and it had no swaggzz(Just too normal)
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Mavrick2012: 5:09pm On Aug 30, 2012
GARRI?
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 30, 2012
Okija Juju

Shattap there!!

As if you no go faint if you see Python angry
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Goldenheart(m): 5:37pm On Aug 30, 2012
MRbrownJAY: when i saw that story today, it made me laugh because there are already bunch of snakes in Brasil, why would this man need to go all the way to the US to get some?!
there cud be some hard drugs in the snakes.... Who knows
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Okijajuju1(m): 5:48pm On Aug 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Okija Juju

Shattap there!!

As if you no go faint if you see Python angry

Funny..

But any true Anambra Man should be not only able to identify a Python but also touch and move one..

They have the same rights as a human being in my village. Why should I faint for one?! I have touched and handled several abroad..
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by bigmaut: 10:12pm On Aug 30, 2012
d man shld be locked up wit anacondas,cobras & rattlesnkes,imagine how d passengers & pilots will jump outta d plane if they discovered d plane crawling with serpents.oloriburuku! angry angry
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:50pm On Aug 30, 2012
i love snakos. i will buy a python someday, possibly a baby red-tailed Boa.

they are non-poisonous and stunning. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos State Government Shares Throwback On Molue / Seven Killed, Two Injured In Motor Accident Along Minna-Suleja Highway (Graphic) / Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.