Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,941 members, 7,952,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:44 AM

London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked (15044 Views)

Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked / Why Lufthansa, Aviation Ministry Mou Was Revoked – FG / London Metropolitan University's Visa Licence Is Revoked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by Osama10(m): 2:47pm On Aug 31, 2012
What happens to the thousand pounds paid?
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by LongOne1(m): 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2012
justwise:

I have won a case against them and they did not send any lawyer neither did i use any lawyer. If they knew that they don't stand a chance in a case why wasting money on a lawyer?

Clap for yourself, at least you agree they didn’t stand a chance…that was the whole point of my ‘they are fond of making hasty decisions’ statement. Beats me why UKBA would make decisions they don’t stand a chance of winning in a court of law.

In addition, to clarify issues, the main reason they didn’t send a Lawyer was because they were overstretched that day, as they had more serious cases to attend to (I mean what would you expect from an agency that goes round causing trouble grin). Their Lawyer even had the guts to tell mine that he was lucky they didn’t assign him to my case.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by Vergil: 3:15pm On Aug 31, 2012
justwise:

If they have finished their course the certificate remains ok but their immigration record will still be a prob.

They can get their licence back by cleaning up their house, vet students properly, keep track of students who does not attend lectures or show up at all after they might have arrived in the UK.

Immigration record? How? Guess it would only concern them KF they intend on going back for visit. But, if they do, on what grounds will they be refuseed?
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by ouagadougou(m): 4:47pm On Aug 31, 2012
What's the fuss? LMU is crappy anyway; it's at 118 of 120 UK universities.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by justwise(m): 5:17pm On Aug 31, 2012
Vergil:

Immigration record? How? Guess it would only concern them KF they intend on going back for visit. But, if they do, on what grounds will they be refuseed?

If you live in a country illegally, studied illegally and left the country, what do you think that will happen next time if you applied for visa to re-enter? It will even be more difficult if you are applying for student visa for another study in the UK, the issue of your status when you got the qualification will come into the picture.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by queensmith: 7:46pm On Aug 31, 2012
Long One: As usual, the UKBA have gone guns blazing on foreign students in a bid to curb immigration, without properly thinking about the consequences of their action.

What they should have done is to prevent new students coming in, and given the university a period to let current students pass through. This way, they would not have panicked students who are uncertain of the future, apart from the stress of living in a foreign land.

With the unnecessary chaos they have created, I honestly wonder what happened to the brains England had in those good old days. Now, it seems to be a bunch of disgruntled legislators, nit picking on foreign students and foreigners in general.

long one has spoken!
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by Joeblis(m): 3:56am On Sep 01, 2012
Segzy23:

Some of us are castigating some Nigerian Universities because after spending 4 or 5 years in a University, you should know it is Universities for plural and not Universitys. You should be ashamed of yourself. My guess is that they let you in without passing your English SSCE/GCSE. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ouch!! Is it really that painfull biggoted curmudgeon??
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by Segzy23: 7:30am On Sep 01, 2012
Joeblis: Ouch!! Is it really that painfull biggoted curmudgeon??

Hahaha, i touched a raw nerve. Watching Patrick Obahiagbon on tv hasn't helped but damaged you.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by Joeblis(m): 7:42am On Sep 01, 2012
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by LongOne1(m): 10:29am On Sep 02, 2012
queensmith:

long one has spoken!

#Blackmanblushingrightaboutnow

Lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hadi Sirika: Enugu Airport Runway To Open On August 30 / Blue Line 85 Percent Completed, Says LAMATA / The Proposed Umueri International Cargo Airport: 8 Facts To Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.