Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention (15665 Views)

Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. / Rich Churches, Poor Members / Which Is The Most Powerful Spiritual Churches Or Prayer Houses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by omenziate(m): 1:37pm On Aug 31, 2012
Delusions of grandeur
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by Godsbrown(m): 1:38pm On Aug 31, 2012
Let her come to deeper life or chosen if anybody will send her

1 Like

Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by dtemidare: 1:39pm On Aug 31, 2012
Oga seun, ise kekere, owo nla ni mo gbadura fun yin o. E se. Have this kiss from me to you Muah.
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by chyket(m): 1:58pm On Aug 31, 2012
This is the height of vanity!!!I wonder who these beauty fools think they are.
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by crackhouse(m): 2:09pm On Aug 31, 2012
I have not heard of that name before. Who told her she's famous? She can go to club and party from morning till night without knowing that people dey look am but she can't go to church b/cos people dey look am, abi?. Some people sef.
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by crackhouse(m): 2:12pm On Aug 31, 2012
Leefem: There is nothing wrong with staying at home and praying to God, afterall not everyone who goes to church will make heaven.
see them, people of like minds.
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by 2gbasky22(m): 2:48pm On Aug 31, 2012
Tell that babe make she come my church,.......she nor go even see chair sitdown if she nor quick come not talk of attention.
mtcheeeeeew
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by Ishilove: 2:58pm On Aug 31, 2012
Feraz: actually watched that interview where she said she doesn't share bathroom with her husband and it got me wondering.....
They are the words of someone with a skeleton in her cupboard
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by vislabraye(m): 3:38pm On Aug 31, 2012
She's not serious. Let her worship in churches like City of David. You'll see real Aju bor beauty, young and fresh. Her time has passed.
I listened to the interview on her bed in her bedroom. She was just talking thrash. Some of these Nigerian celebrities sef they think they've arrived.
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 31, 2012
That means hotties like ciara and j lo and Kimora don't go to church. Who is she sef?I don't really know her. Na who be the idiots wey dey look person grandma.
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 31, 2012
dtemidare: The leggy queen of beauty, Nike Oshinowo, former Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, for those who know her too well is a paragon of beauty inwardly and outwardly.

This tall, sexy and ever-radiant woman of essence, who is not just beautiful but also intelligent, has opened up on the reason why she does not go to church despite the fact that the word of God says we shouldn't forsake the gathering together of holy fellows.

The reason behind this, as we are made to know, is because of unnecessary attention her presence often causes whenever she steps into any church.

The former beauty queen’s decision was exposed in a TV programme she was featured in not too long ago one part of the secrets she shared about herself is why she does not have a place of worship and the reason why she prefers to commune with God inside the four corners of her house.

Hear her explanation, "anytime I enter a church people are always quick to notice me and some may not even concentrate on the service anymore as I always become the center of attraction in such cases. And this also distracts me. Therefore I have preferred to stay at home and worship God, rather than to keep causing unnecessary distractions in church."

When asked if her husband, Dr. Soleye does not complain about this resolution of hers, she explains that he’s comfortable with it and whenever he attends a church service he always comes back to meet at her home.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/latest-addition/191939-nike-oshinowo-causes-distractions-in-church.html

And this is news? Who is interested about the reasons why she doesn't go to church? Who misses her? I mean....like..WTF?
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 31, 2012
dtemidare: The leggy queen of beauty, Nike Oshinowo, former Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, for those who know her too well is a paragon of beauty inwardly and outwardly.

This tall, sexy and ever-radiant woman of essence, who is not just beautiful but also intelligent, has opened up on the reason why she does not go to church despite the fact that the word of God says we shouldn't forsake the gathering together of holy fellows.

The reason behind this, as we are made to know, is because of unnecessary attention her presence often causes whenever she steps into any church.

The former beauty queen’s decision was exposed in a TV programme she was featured in not too long ago one part of the secrets she shared about herself is why she does not have a place of worship and the reason why she prefers to commune with God inside the four corners of her house.

Hear her explanation, "anytime I enter a church people are always quick to notice me and some may not even concentrate on the service anymore as I always become the center of attraction in such cases. And this also distracts me. Therefore I have preferred to stay at home and worship God, rather than to keep causing unnecessary distractions in church."

When asked if her husband, Dr. Soleye does not complain about this resolution of hers, she explains that he’s comfortable with it and whenever he attends a church service he always comes back to meet at her home.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/latest-addition/191939-nike-oshinowo-causes-distractions-in-church.html

And this is news? Who is interested about the reasons why she doesn't go to church? Who misses her? I mean....like seriously..WTF?
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by mapet: 4:54pm On Aug 31, 2012
I can only add "Kpom".......or "Ngbam".....or "Ooto lo wi" to this well elucidated submission here
karpentar:

It’s easy for her to quit church because she gets unwanted notices there, meanwhile she engages in multiple social functions/parties and doesn’t mind being noticed in those places. This is the yelling of an unbeliever. Tell her to try another excuse. This one is nonsensical and unintelligent.
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by Orikinla(m): 5:38pm On Aug 31, 2012
[size=28pt]What a CHILDISH AND LAME EXCUSE.
AND YET SHE GOES SHOPPING IN PUBLIC.[/size]
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by Copperfield(m): 6:34pm On Aug 31, 2012
Lah,who is Nike Oshisko or what do you call her. I don't know her because am Seyi Copperfield
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by funkYb: 9:42pm On Aug 31, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]This's the first time I'm hearing the name. The importance people attach to themselves at times is funny.

Like u read my mind,she is d one attaching unnecessary importance to herself...where as who cares?
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by cesil92: 9:57pm On Aug 31, 2012
I don't even know her. Even if she passes infront of me 100 times, I wouldn't recognise her.
Please pix of her cos I don't even know her.
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by Ndipe(m): 9:58pm On Aug 31, 2012
Naval sadiq: BEFORE BECOMING A BEUTY QUEEN I BET SHE WAS ALWAYZ ON HER KNEES PRAYING TO GOD TO EMERGE WINNER.NOW SHE HAS ACHIEVED THAT AND HAS DECIDED TO FORSAKE HER CREATOR.WHO DECEIVE YOU SAY YOU FINE SELF.

May God Guide us in His Grace through Jesus Christ, Amen.
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by Nobody: 1:45am On Sep 01, 2012
Nonsense talk....what won't our celebs do these days to stay in the limelight. Beauty fades my dear. When u have wrinkles, those people would not even look at u once, talkless of twice....mtchewwww!
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by collins011(m): 7:19am On Sep 01, 2012
CHESSBOARD: Imagin this Old cargo, abeg whoever falls to sin because of you in the Church must be John Okafor aka Mr IBU undecided

abeg help me tell am oh. first i dont even no her, second she is old cargo. let her get a life
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by chris51(f): 8:24am On Sep 01, 2012
I believe that what prompted her not going to church is the controversy sorounding her marriage to Dr Soleye, who was legally married with children
Nike is not as beatiful as Bianca & others who were still strong in their faith
She should know that her presence was embarrasing decent people in the church, hence they look at her.
The look is not that of admiration but of annoyance
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by thehomer: 10:29am On Sep 01, 2012
omenziate: Delusions of grandeur

Whatever she may be, she definitely isn't deluded. She actually is a former beauty queen.
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by ELVIKING(m): 3:36pm On Sep 01, 2012
But she attends social activities abi?
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by anyerhovwo(f): 5:12pm On Sep 01, 2012
This no excuse joor
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by anyerhovwo(f): 5:12pm On Sep 01, 2012
This is no excuse joor
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by anyerhovwo(f): 5:17pm On Sep 01, 2012
Exponental: She was definately a perpetual late comer.
If she really wants 2 attend church services, she can as well get to church before d start of service, sit @ a place dat she wont be noticed.
............or.............
Wear a customize cloth labelled
"concentrate, dont blame me if u miss heaven".

Correct...
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by yam: 7:12pm On Sep 01, 2012
bigx: This's the first time I'm hearing the name. The importance people attach to themselves at times is funny.

i wonder why 11 peolpe like ur post.if dont know nike oshinowo dat means two things

tell me the kind of person u are especially if u are a nigeria and u learned, no offence intended .
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by yam: 7:15pm On Sep 01, 2012
chris51: I believe that what prompted her not going to church is the controversy sorounding her marriage to Dr Soleye, who was legally married with children
Nike is not as beatiful as Bianca & others who were still strong in their faith
She should know that her presence was embarrasing decent people in the church, hence they look at her.
The look is not that of admiration but of annoyance

i hope dis will nt end be a tribal issue

but in beauty, i dnt think bianca is as beautiful as nike oshinowo.

perphaps u like dem yellow.oshinowo complexion is nt for all
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by chyziani: 7:44pm On Sep 01, 2012
Rubbish! Who`s she please Accord that ***** no attention, she`s worth it. Wonder why`s on the frontpage anyway. I pray I`d be the last person to comment on `tis thread... Amen!
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by Excell50: 3:32am On Sep 02, 2012
Nike who! Hmmm avn't heard of d name b4, no matter hw nice u might luk sure ur no beautiful dan ma late grandma@120 years of age., come 2 my church i bet u wunt gt a 2nd stare.. I tink diz d worst reason one cn eva gv 4 nt atendíng church .. beside if u work into d house of God wit d ryt mìndset u wnt notice ppl luking@yu... Wel u cn gv diz ur excuse 2 kidz ok
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by bigx(m): 4:43am On Sep 02, 2012
Re: Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 02, 2012
thehomer:

Whatever she may be, she definitely isn't deluded. She actually is a former beauty queen.

So beauty queens cannot suffer from delusion? Infact most suffer from inumerable psychological issues. She lost touch with society and she is fighting hard to be relevant in the celebrity gist world. But judging by responses I think its backfiring in her face hard!!!
She should go do something important like run a charity or campaign against HIV,Breast or Cervical Cancer.
And why did the poster even write stuff like "The long legged pretty,brilliant beauty queen bla bla bla"? We don't need you to help tell us all that. Let us see her make our opinions.
TO START WITH, SHE IS SO IRRELEVANT IN THE "CELEB WORLD", PEOPLE DONT EVEN KNOW HER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? / Questions For Evolutionists And Atheists / 10 Ways Sinners Celebrate Easter- By Tosyne2much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.