Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete (4315 Views)

Is It True Dat God Does Nt Hear D Prayer Of A Sinner.... / Yisraylite, How Come You Believe Dat D New Testament Is Fake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by babs787(m): 3:35pm On Jan 05, 2008
2Pilgrim.1

Is the bible complete or not?
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by pilgrim1(f): 3:50pm On Jan 05, 2008
babs787:

2Pilgrim.1

Is the bible complete or not?

Drop your Muslim hypocrisy and then you will find me a pleasant discussant.
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by babs787(m): 4:16pm On Jan 05, 2008
@pilgrim

Back to the topic;

Is the bible complete?
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by pilgrim1(f): 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2008
pilgrim.1:

Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by olu4life(m): 12:58am On Jan 07, 2008
Pls is d holy bible complete cos am curious 2 kno? And pls dis thread is not 4 getin upclose and personal our dear pilgrim. D chapters dat i listd above (but not all) were all in d old testament but dere was no new chapter in d new testament. As dose who want 2 kno d bible am talkin about, it is d ILLUSTRATED BIBLE (New Jerusalem Version)
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 07, 2008
olu4life:

Please is d holy bible complete because am curious 2 kno? And please this thread is not 4 getin upclose and personal our dear pilgrim. D chapters that i listd above (but not all) were all in d old testament but dere was no new chapter in d new testament. As dose who want 2 kno d bible am talkin about, it is d ILLUSTRATED BIBLE (New Jerusalem Version)

what is ur question?
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by pilgrim1(f): 5:45am On Jan 07, 2008
olu4life:

Please is d holy bible complete because am curious 2 kno? And please this thread is not 4 getin upclose and personal our dear pilgrim. D chapters that i listd above (but not all) were all in d old testament but dere was no new chapter in d new testament. As dose who want 2 kno d bible am talkin about, it is d ILLUSTRATED BIBLE (New Jerusalem Version)

@olu4life,

Even though I'm quite occupied, before my schedule gets really clogged up this week, here's a quick reply to yours.

I'm not one of those you can easily goad into a so-called "curiosity" 2 kno; nor am I one of those who gets upclose and personal. If discussants are willing to enter into a genuine discussion or debate without ulterior motives, I have never been shy in proffering answers to their genuine enquiries.

What you have offered here is simply a false alarm dressed up as a "curious 2 kno" agenda. WHY? For the simple fact that this same issue has been addressed one TOO MANY times already! Lazy thinkers who "want 2 kno d bible" should have done some homework themselves and realized that the New Jerusalem Bible was a Catholic sponsored project that has NO FIDELITY to God's WORD!! I have addressed this very issue AGAIN and AGAIN in several threads - see just one example: (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-83120.64.html#msg1627876). Let me quote you an excerpt:

[list]
Now a word as to translations of the Bible. It is important that we understand the revelation of God in His WORD as He has given it. Translations in many instances do not convey the accurate reading of the texts in their original languages - and we have seen this time and again.

The fact that even the Catholic Church has not been satisfied with a single English translation of the Bible is the reason why she has sponsored several translations in English - including the New American Bible (NAB, 1970), the Jerusalem Bible, JB 1966 [which was subsequently revised to produce the New Jerusalem Bible, NJB 1985), the Douay-Rheims (DRB, 1582-1610), and the Challoner-Rheims (1752, a revision of the DRB) which heavily reflect Roman Catholic slant of doctrines than fidelity to the Biblical texts.[/list]

I also took time to explain why Catholic-sponsored translation work on the Bible is a sad adventure for the gullible reader - the example I gave on Genesis 3 v 15!!

Not only so, I have often hinted on WHY Muhammad was heavily influenced by Catholicism and went on to make a huge fallacy in the Qur'an where he assumed that the Trinity was comprised of the Father, the Son and MARY!! Go through the Bible yourself - any translation, any version - and you will never find any verse where Biblical Christianity EVER assumed that MARY was part of the Trinity! So where did Muhammad derive that fallacy from and included it in the Qur'an as a "revelation" from 'Allah'?

This is just the kind of thing that the Muslim enjoys - because when he considers the TRANSLATIONS, VERSIONS and commentaries of men who have lost touch with God (such as the NIV Commentaries in so MANY instances), the Muslim then thinks he has enough ammunition against the Bible itself which he seeks to castigate. If you bring up that same rule of thumb and examine the translations and versions of the Qur'an, you find even more colossal controversies that Muslim translators and scholars up until this very day have never attempted resolving.

There are two basic reasons why your so-called "curiosity" is simply a pretence (sorry, but truth hurts):

~ (a) you pretended this is a fresh enquiry by recycling issues that have been soundly addressed;

~ (b) you obviously refused to do some homework yourself and share knowledge with people.

I do not wait to trump up "questions" for any curiosity for others to address: I prayerfully ask for help that God may grant me wisdom, mercy and truth to understand His revelation and purposes, regardless the bitter accusations that men (whether Christians, Muslims, or others) have pretentiously alleged against His WORD.

Whatever people have said against the Bible (I also was guilty of the same), yet it is the same Bible (not Catholic agenda in the NJB) that set me free and gave me such fervent hope in the love and redemption which God has offered the world through His Son, Jesus Christ. No matter the bitter accusations against the Bible, it still carries the message of salvation in the MESSIAH that all the prophets (OT and NT) have preached and taught - that God may be glorified in the earth.
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by Nobody: 5:52am On Jan 07, 2008
is oluife still "curious 2kno"?
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by dafidixone(m): 11:10am On Jan 07, 2008
If truely you are curious you should read this thread from the start you will get your answer. Abi na another thing you wan hear? grin
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by babs787(m): 12:41pm On Jan 07, 2008
@pilgrim

You posted garbage that made no sense. Is your bible complete or not and I need straight forward answer please.

@Davidylan

is oluife still "curious 2kno"?

Have you answered him?

@Dafidixone

If truely you are curious you should read this thread from the start you will get your answer. Abi na another thing you wan hear?

Meaning what? Is the bible complet and if it is complete, tell me the version that is complete.

Thanks

cool
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by IDINRETE: 10:53pm On Jan 07, 2008
Even if it is complete, it will still be a fable, nasty and filthy book period! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by dafidixone(m): 5:06pm On Jan 09, 2008
Meaning what? Is the bible complet and if it is complete, tell me the version that is complete.

You are funny ooo grin

Have you read any bible that is not complete before? And if yes, what exactly are the omisions?

grin grin grin

Eyin Imale won yi sa cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by pilgrim1(f): 6:03pm On Jan 09, 2008
@babs787,

babs787:

@pilgrim

You posted garbage that made no sense. Is your bible complete or not and I need straight forward answer please.

The only people who ever refer to my sane posts as "garbage" are those who can no longer understand English language! grin All you needed to do was upgrade your scholarship before reading my entries; and then understanding will become easier for you - and then you will see how my rejoinder cut through the conceit being pretended here as "curious 2 kno".
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by babs787(m): 7:00pm On Jan 09, 2008
@pilgrim.1

The only people who ever refer to my sane posts as "garbage" are those who can no longer understand English language! All you needed to do was upgrade your scholarship before reading my entries; and then understanding will become easier for you - and then you will see how my rejoinder cut through the conceit being pretended here as "curious 2 kno".

No need to beat about the bush. All I ask of you is to tell me if your BIBLE IS COMPLETE OR NOT.

Thanks
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by pilgrim1(f): 7:08pm On Jan 09, 2008
@babs787,

babs787:

@pilgrim.1

No need to beat about the bush. All I ask of you is to tell me if your BIBLE IS COMPLETE OR NOT.

Indeed, no need to beat around anything. All I asked was this:

pilgrim.1:

Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2009
@olulife

The first christian council that decided the books of the bible canonized 73 books not 66,so the bible with 66 are incomplete.

These 7 books,tobith,baruch,1&2 macabees,wisdom,sirach,judith and some parts of daniel and Jeremiah were removed by the Anglican church in 1885
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by Abuzola(m): 2:18pm On Sep 19, 2009
Yap, the bible isn't complete. Have you ever wondered why the protestant bible contains some unknown chapter of the bible ?
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 21, 2009
Abuzola:

Yap, the bible isn't complete. Have you ever wondered why the protestant bible contains some unknown chapter of the bible ?

Which chapter are u reffering to
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by Abuzola(m): 11:53am On Sep 21, 2009
Verses of luke, mathew, john etc and chapter like the lost son, Sinner etc
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by Nezan(m): 12:13pm On Sep 21, 2009
Produce them here.
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by Abuzola(m): 12:15pm On Sep 21, 2009
Stupid old man who doesn't know his bible.
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by Nezan(m): 12:18pm On Sep 21, 2009
Wise boy who says my Holy Book is incomplete, produce the verses and chapters that have been ommitted,
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by Abuzola(m): 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2009
You so stupid, are you asking me ? Why not go to a protestant church and a catholic bible and compare them, i won't feed you with information so change ur style hypocrite
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by jem94518: 9:07am On Nov 27, 2017
I heard that the Bible was assembled by Constantine leader4 of Rome who worshipped pagen idols...but had a vision and paganism out God (Creator of ADAm and EVE) in. So he gathered all of his religious croonies in...and they were the ones that decided what would be in andm what would be left out. Can anyone verify this story...
Re: Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:14am On Nov 27, 2017
jem94518:
I heard that the Bible was assembled by Constantine leader4 of Rome who worshipped pagen idols...but had a vision and paganism out God (Creator of ADAm and EVE) in. So he gathered all of his religious croonies in...and they were the ones that decided what would be in andm what would be left out. Can anyone verify this story...
its false.The bible was compiled decades after the death of constatntine at the synod of hippo in 393 CE,These was later ratified at the councils of carthage in 397 and 419 CE

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Caught With Voodoo That He Has Used To Tied Down His Church Members / Spiritual Home: Report Your Case Today And Have A Solution. / Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.