Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! (34330 Views)

The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? / The 5 Most Expensive Places To Live In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by pufectskin: 3:18pm On Sep 03, 2012
that is just a waste of money. Nigerians enjoy telling ppl they paid a lot for crap.
In the US, anyone can live in similar houses or even better for much less money
than is paid for houses at Banana Island. As for Lekki, I stay there, and it is money
paid to buy rubbish houses in a washed down neighborhood. We just pay money but we dont
get value...I cant wait to leave this country...and when I am gone this time...I am gone for good.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by opee1231(f): 3:19pm On Sep 03, 2012
Alalubosa estate Aleshinloye Ibadan grin
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 03, 2012
Ile-Ife:
Agidingbi, Eleyele, Sabon-Gari, Nyanya, Challenge, Mokola, Fajuyi, Ojo, etc

hahahaha, I was expecting mayfair, road 7, and probably ooni palace way...Lolz!

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 03, 2012
pufectskin: that is just a waste of money. Nigerians enjoy telling ppl they paid a lot for crap.
In the US, anyone can live in similar houses or even better for much less money
than is paid for houses at Banana Island. As for Lekki, I stay there, and it is money
paid to buy rubbish houses in a washed down neighborhood. We just pay money but we dont
get value...I cant wait to leave this country...and when I am gone this time...I am gone for good.

Nope hun...u will always come back cos nothing like HOME smiley Nigeria is very sweet!
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by chucky234(m): 3:21pm On Sep 03, 2012
İ have spent time in Maitama and İ must say its not as expensive as Banana island in Lagos,Lagos has more expensive places than any other state in Nigeria.
Many estates around Lekki penninsula,İkoyi,Victoria İsland are damn expensive,transport fares in Abuja are also nothing compare to Lagos especially taxi fares.

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by dartsidius7(m): 3:21pm On Sep 03, 2012
most definately lasgidi, i.e. banana island. and lekki, which is a water logged area, and the cost of constructing your foundation could be as high as 5m.
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Palmos: 3:23pm On Sep 03, 2012
The mst xpensive place 2 live is port harcout. Sake of d port. So things are cost mst xpecially housing nd food.thanks all

2 Likes

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by adexmurphy: 3:23pm On Sep 03, 2012
cheesy
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by ifyalways(f): 3:24pm On Sep 03, 2012
Banana island
Some parts of abuja.
VGC, ikoyi, chevron, lagos some parts of Port harcourt. Opebi, Allen lagos.
Some parts of yenagoa
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 03, 2012
dartsidius7: most definately lasgidi, i.e. banana island. and lekki, which is a water logged area, and the cost of constructing your foundation could be as high as 5m.

you know the area well, you will need to sandfill, then the foundation must be piled else the house may sink with time...so respect a house owner in lekki, banana, nicon town, et al...even more than an estate owner in the states...lol!
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by anitank(f): 3:25pm On Sep 03, 2012
See arguement o shocked. Even peeps living in mushin are argueing grin grin
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by chicabonit(f): 3:25pm On Sep 03, 2012
bayelsaaaaaaaaaaaaaa grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by toyintiwal(m): 3:26pm On Sep 03, 2012
LMAO.... Area Boy

Ikoyi cemetery grin grin[/quote]
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by dontador(m): 3:27pm On Sep 03, 2012
Independence lay-out, enugu state.... That area is too expensive, you can get a plot of land for 1billion upwards.... gringringrin
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by ITbomb(m): 3:27pm On Sep 03, 2012
DailyNews:

Lagos and Abuja, but Lagos is gradually going higher than Abuja now o. especially banana island, Nicon town, a twin dupe goes for 7mil per annum, lekki phase1 (scheme1) a duplex goes bw 3 - 4mil per annum on rent o, not buying. a plot of land in Nicon town goes for 150milion naira, same with lekki phase1 (though there are hardly empty land in lekki phase1 now), but u can get at 80 - 150mil depending on location, etc. so this adds up to the rent cost. and to do power of attorney, you need to know how much for some places in island, though lekki exclusive cos govt. settled that.

Then when ur living there after paying rent or building ur house or leasing, what about ur children school? is also on the high rate...so in all, Lagos (the aforementioned areas o), and Abuja are the most expensive places or states to live in Nigeria. But its not that justified though.
You never told me you are into real estate.

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by kumbalo(m): 3:27pm On Sep 03, 2012
Pakonte: gamajan,,,kofa maigari,,lafia lolo.....jakusko local govt,,,yobe state
you're not asked to list places you've lived before. Ewu

2 Likes

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Afam4eva(m): 3:28pm On Sep 03, 2012
ifyalways: Banana island
Some parts of abuja.
VGC, ikoyi, chevron, lagos some parts of Port harcourt. Opebi, Allen lagos.
Some parts of yenagoa
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 03, 2012
ITbomb:
You never told me you are into real estate.

Not exactly sir...but...Lolz...how is your day going
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by floridam(m): 3:30pm On Sep 03, 2012
The most expensive place to live in for me Is in the villages where they sell #100 and #200 recharge cards for #110 and #220 respectively that if there is even any.
To buy drugs sef na wahala.
Some foodstuff also cannot be bought unless you ride on ur bicycle or enter okada to town that is if u see any sef.
Sometimes u trek some kilometres to town before u can get things done.

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by anitank(f): 3:30pm On Sep 03, 2012
kumbalo:
Lol!!!

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Amdoyin(m): 3:31pm On Sep 03, 2012
Banana island all d way.....
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by anitank(f): 3:31pm On Sep 03, 2012
floridam: The most expensive place to live in for me Is in the villages where they sell #100 and #200 recharge cards for #110 and #220 respectively that if there is even any.
To buy drugs sef na wahala.
Some foodstuff also cannot be bought unless you ride on ur bicycle or enter okada to town that is if u see any sef.
Sometimes u trek some kilometres to town before u can get things done.
Wetin u de do for village?? Are u a corper?
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by stepone(m): 3:31pm On Sep 03, 2012
dj187: Maitama (abuja) is d most expensive area in naija followed by banana island (lagos).......A plot of land Maitama = N600,000,000 & above , Banana island = N250,000,000 & above

your quote is not true. am not sure of Abuja but Banana island is noting less than 800 million, 1 billion upward.
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by crackhouse(m): 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2012
ujukala: I never planned to live in Abuja when Im home but, I think it is quite expensive.
pls don't even contemplate coming back cos u may be dead on arrival. Kidnapping, daylight and night robbery, bombing, money rituals, fraudsters, police wahala, jelousy, political thuggery, bad roads, corruption, envy and charms are all the embodiment of naija. Are u scared already? Don't be o.k, it's still ur fatherland but ........ Just pray hard before coming. Haha
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2012
kumbalo:

Guy, u got me rolling on the floor, u better come on here n help me up....lol

2 Likes

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Abujafood: 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2012
Hmm read all comments so far and some are really funny

But Seriously some Abuja Highbrow districts like Maitama, Asokoro and Wuse 2 are very expensive for accommodation compared to Lasgidi, I've lived in Lag for many years when it comes to Lagos experience, I'm a consultant in that area. But seriously most of you wont believe there are houses in Abuja where annual rent is N30 million not to talk of silly amounts people pay for 'affordable' services.

Sure transportation is reasonable since taxis in Abuja are more than buses and the roads are good so for the guy who said he paid N250 for taxi in Abuja, I can understand that!

On the outskirts of town in the satellite towns things are a bit cheap but I'm talking of Abuja main town!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Beautiful Photos Of Different Places In Nigeria / Owerri Flooded, Vehicles Submerged, Traders Flee (Photo) / My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.