Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! (34325 Views)

The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? / The 5 Most Expensive Places To Live In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by fheezy2009(m): 8:00am On Sep 04, 2012
Hehehehe
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 04, 2012
Ministers hill, Maitama and Asokoro, Abuja. Forget having to pay for your house and all, when you now need to dig your own borehole/ find your own water and put your generator, it becomes more expensive than banana island.
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by efyguy(m): 8:23am On Sep 04, 2012
victoria garden city.....lekki lagos..try and see
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Chinom(m): 8:52am On Sep 04, 2012
Anybody that pays N100m for a property anywhere in Lagos is a MUGU. "nuff said.

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by ABUGEORGE(m): 8:57am On Sep 04, 2012
We are talkin about the most expensive place, is ur home not expensive. No state in dis nigeria dat is not expensive why mentioning two,. My own state, kogi, edo, is expensive for all d people to live in. D most expensive place is HEAVEN.
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Chinom(m): 9:07am On Sep 04, 2012
The real beautiful homes in Nigeria are country homes built by rich Nigerians. I have been to somebody's home in the village and i thought i landed at the Garden of Eden. Drive in alone was about half a kilometer, lined up with well kept trees.
In Lagos, they will sell a block of cement, nothing more to you for N150m just because it's located in the so-called high brow area.

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by onyxo76(m): 12:05pm On Sep 04, 2012
i think it depends on what aspect of living we are looking at, when it comes to transport abuja is relative cheap regarding cab fare but lagos is something else, you might end up paying about 3000 naira for a 10 minute journey.Abuja beats any other city hands down when it comes to accommodation an land acquisition.so bloody expensive, why would i buy a plot for 100 million just because i want to stay in abuja? i'd rather go to my home town and build a 40 room story building that will serve as a student hostel with that kind of money.
By far i believe staying in cities such as ibadan, ilorin, akure in the south west is really ok if you want to escape all these expensive places.
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by DAVE5(m): 12:47pm On Sep 04, 2012
My toilet cos u cant jst afford to live there atall, seriously

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Dubemkelly(m): 1:22pm On Sep 04, 2012
When we talk of xpensive places 2 live,it goes beyond accommodation, u need 2 put in place cost of living,medicals,food,transportation,entertainment nd so....Wat abt doz places which r very far 4rm civilisation where u need 2 board a canoe nd b4 goods get 2 dem,d prices must hv doubled up...Boleh is more xpensive in PH dan Lag. We need 2 put those tinz in place if we must access
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Jarus(m): 1:40pm On Sep 04, 2012
Chinom: The real beautiful homes in Nigeria are country homes built by rich Nigerians. I have been to somebody's home in the village and i thought i landed at the Garden of Eden. Drive in alone was about half a kilometer, lined up with well kept trees.
In Lagos, they will sell a block of cement, nothing more to you for N150m just because it's located in the so-called high brow area.

Abi o. All these Lekki and Banana Island houses are not as beautiful as Chief Adesoye's countryhome in Offa. Ditto for Dr Femi Adekanye's countryhome.
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by prinxard(m): 1:43pm On Sep 04, 2012
Asemo11: Abuja day learn 4 where bayelsa day
guy u know book joor! So expensive!!
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by kimbaby: 2:00pm On Sep 04, 2012
ABUJA 1000% this city takes it hands down, if transportation is cheap here it is because the distances are not so far apart and we don't have hold-ups like lagos, lagos is a full state and it is very large while abuja is just a city in FCT.

ACCOMODATION OMG! FIRST OF ALL TO SEE LANDLORDS COLLECTING 1YR NA WAHALA, U CAN PAY 7M FOR DUPLEX WITH BQ IN GWARINPA AND IT WILL BE 2YRS OH! THAT'S 14M, AND GWARINPA IS NOT EVEN THE KOKO, ONE BDROOM BQS(i made sure i said bq not chalet cos they are so small sometimes 2people can't be in the kitchan at once) will cost u 350-600k in kubwa, dutse, gwagwa and all those places that are not even considered town, then gwarinpa, life camp, jabi, utako, mabushi,jahi, games village, sun city etc will cost u 600k-1m, before u now get to garki and wuse 800k-1.2m, then finally wuse 2, asokoro and maitama where they can charge in 2m or in dollars plus service charges in some places.

is it making your hair u can pay 10k fix ur hair in wuse NOT TO TALK OF ASOKORO

is it school fees, check out all the one bedroom schools( i call them that cos people can just make shift their duplex, convert 2 rooms to school and be collecting like 200k per annum in gwarimpa there's even a school ACIC THAT COLLECTS 14,000 DOLLARS IN GWARINPA

is it buying clothes in boutiques, some look at you from head to toe before they let you in e.g private collections in wuse 2

i can go on and on and on that's y there are so many graduates in this town who are employed in the daytime but still go out at night as prostitutes.

nb: gwarinpa is just a better version of festac
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by annastacie: 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2012
try ajegunle the most expensive place to live grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 05, 2012
israel ben-zion:

1000sqm is more than 2 plots of land, hope u know?

Wrong.
1000sqm is above a standard plot (648sqm) and not up to 2plots
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2012
tooblessed: Try Maidugari, Jos and Damaturu grin

Just can't quantify it cos its d ultimate price.....DEATH courtesy Bokoharam!grin grin
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 07, 2012
Donmichaelz: Maitama,abuja -#1.5 billion a plot of land

Asokoro,abuja-#1.0 billion a plot of land
If u don't believe me

Gwarimpa(my area) -#400 million

If u stil doubtin,come to my house and I will take u there....

Are u sure these aint acres of land? Cos I know of 1.06 hectare of land @ Asokoro cadastral Zone for 1.2b
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Lyth: 1:40pm On Sep 08, 2012
shilling: Nigerians are loud that's for sure. Just the other day I was in the bus when this lady got on. She was at the front of the bus and I could hear her at the back speaking Yoruba and everyone was staring at her smh.
U 4 real? Wat has ur molue ordeal got 2 do wit d topic now? *smh* (if this was a bus I'm pretty sure most folks here wld be staring at u too)

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Homeyfav: 3:52pm On Nov 30, 2017
Most expensive places to live in Abuja www.landforsale.ng/expensive-districts-live-abuja
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Homeyfav: 3:58pm On Nov 30, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Family Escapes Death In A Terrible Accident (PHOTOS) / Beautiful Photos Of Different Places In Nigeria / Owerri Flooded, Vehicles Submerged, Traders Flee (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.