Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up (7978 Views)

How Jesus Died For Our Sins : The Road To Easter / Ooni Of Ife’s Spirit Knocked My Door In Nigeria On The Day He Died – Prophet / Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Ubenedictus(m): 1:13pm On Sep 08, 2012
seriallink:

Bros I'm fine thx

If Christ died for the elect only, what's the point worshiping God through him? This is strange & confusing to me man, well, I was taught from childhood that Christ died for the sins of entire world! This is the first time I'm hearing this from a Christian, or are you not?
i believe you are a protestant, if you wish to know more about the idea that christ died for the elect only (i dont personally believe it), then you should read the works of the founder of reformed theology John Calvin. He is the guy who proposed the idea, it doesnt make sense to be and i think it contradicts the bible but if you want to know what it says then read up on calvinism.
Peace

1 Like

Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by crosbreaka: 2:14pm On Sep 08, 2012
obadiah777: YOUR ANALOGIES ARE CHILD LIKE. NO DISRESPECT TO YOU OF COURSE. LETS CONCLUDE IT LIKE THIS WITH A VERSE FROM YAHAWAH . ISAIAH 55 VS 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

I guess that's a neat smart way of saying you don't want to think and I should leave you alone?
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 08, 2012
crosbreaka:

I guess that's a neat smart way of saying you don't want to think and I should leave you alone?
nah thats a polite way of saying your logic is too juvenile for me to handle. either you get with this truth or you dont. its just as simple as that. what you are doing is called 'GAINSAYING'. Trying to pick apart every tiny little thing.
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2012
Ubenedictus: i believe you are a protestant, if you wish to know more about the idea that christ died for the elect only (i dont personally believe it), then you should read the works of the founder of reformed theology John Calvin. He is the guy who proposed the idea, it doesnt make sense to be and i think it contradicts the bible but if you want to know what it says then read up on calvinism.
Peace

Thankx man
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by crosbreaka: 5:33pm On Sep 08, 2012
obadiah777: nah thats a polite way of saying your logic is too juvenile for me to handle. either you get with this truth or you dont. its just as simple as that. what you are doing is called 'GAINSAYING'. Trying to pick apart every tiny little thing.

Stop talking grammar and explain:

How does the blood sacrifice make them eligible as the 'elect'?

You said everyone had an equal shot at it.yet others get eternal salvation but only a few are chosen for heaven.why does Jesus have to die so that a bunch of men who are good can assist him to govern?

You can't explain what you believe in?
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 08, 2012
crosbreaka:

Stop talking grammar and explain:

How does the blood sacrifice make them eligible as the 'elect'?

You said everyone had an equal shot at it.yet others get eternal salvation but only a few are chosen for heaven.why does Jesus have to die so that a bunch of men who are good can assist him to govern?

You can't explain what you believe in?
the blood sacrifice did not make them eligible as the elect. the sacrifice sealed their elect status. their works made them eligible as the elect. maybe if you were not such a rebellious strong headed person you would have been one of the elect grin grin grin

and you never heard me say only a few are chosen for heaven. the leaders in heaven are chosen first. those are the elect. the citizens of heaven are being chosen as we speak. try to stop being rebellious so you can be chosen grin
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by crosbreaka: 6:00pm On Sep 08, 2012
obadiah777: the blood sacrifice did not make them eligible as the elect. the sacrifice sealed their elect status. their works made them eligible as the elect. maybe if you were not such a rebellious strong headed person you would have been one of the elect grin grin grin

and you never heard me say only a few are chosen for heaven. the leaders in heaven are chosen first. those are the elect. the citizens of heaven are being chosen as we speak. try to stop being rebellious so you can be chosen grin

You're talking imaginations that you cannot explain or defend and you think you're funny.

What does this mean:

'the sacrifice sealed their elect status'

Explain!

You said it isn't blood sacrifice that made them eligible but their being virtuos.so what do you mean by:

' the sacrifice sealed their elect status'
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 08, 2012
crosbreaka:

You're talking imaginations that you cannot explain or defend and you think you're funny.

What does this mean:

'the sacrifice sealed their elect status'

Explain!

You said it isn't blood sacrifice that made them eligible but their being virtuos.so what do you mean by:

I SUGGEST YOU READ THE BOOK OF REVELATION CHAPTER 7 . BEING SEALED MEANS YOU ARE PERMANENTLY BOUGHT INTO HEAVEN. YOU MADE IT. YOU CAN NEVER BE REJECTED AGAIN. THATS WHAT THE BLOOD DID. IT SEALED THEM.
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by crosbreaka: 6:10pm On Sep 08, 2012
obadiah777: I SUGGEST YOU READ THE BOOK OF REVELATION CHAPTER 7 . BEING SEALED MEANS YOU ARE PERMANENTLY BOUGHT INTO HEAVEN. YOU MADE IT. YOU CAN NEVER BE REJECTED AGAIN. THATS WHAT THE BLOOD DID. IT SEALED THEM.

I am not reading anything.I don't have time to waste reading boring fairytales.

Use your words to explain what you claimed.or are you just programmed like a robot to repeat words you hear? What does this mean:

' the sacrifice sealed their elect status'?
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2012
crosbreaka:

I am not reading anything.I don't have time to waste reading boring fairytales.

Use your words to explain what you claimed.or are you just programmed like a robot to repeat words you hear? What does this mean:

' the sacrifice sealed their elect status'?
you are too slow to even grasp simple explanations. if after all i have typed you still are lost, then i suggest you ask your school teachers for a refund in english comprehension classes already taken in the past. then again you are spiritually dead so whatever i am saying will be going over your head. either way i am not going to be able to help you. you need either an actual lobotomy or a spiritual lobotomy.
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by bigmaut: 7:27pm On Sep 08, 2012
obadiah777: he did not die for our sins. he only died for the sins of 144,000 chosen leaders of the next world. the elect. the first fruits. the rest of you ill pay for your sins galatians 6 vs 7
He didnt died for our sins or wash away our sins,he was killed(murdered) b/c of our sinful nature he only brought d goodnews to mankind to make them change their sinful way & worship God but they murdered him & turn d despicable act around woe betide anyone that has a hand in his death will still pay for d sacrilege "it better 4 him not 2 be born"...said;jesus
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by bigmaut: 7:32pm On Sep 08, 2012
frank3.16:
Na waoo, religion... I am beginin to get sick of it all.

Infact, God, I didn't ask u to create me, we had no agreement b4 I was created. Did I wrong u in another world. All I know is that I jst saw mysel here in this very harsh world, now I am told that I must live a particularly way if not I will b thrown into burning hell, it makes no sense. Pls take me whereever I was in peace b4 I was created, u can have ur heaven, bt pls don't send me to hell. Abegooo, make una c meoooo, I didn't ask to b createdoooo ha. I have tried to repent bt its nt jst workin, nothin makes sense, and I am told I will b punisjd for not uinderstanding.
sound funny,just as yur popsie & momsie born yu into dis goddam jungle called nigeria without yur consent or knowledge why not ask them first?. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by crosbreaka: 9:22pm On Sep 08, 2012
obadiah777: you are too slow to even grasp simple explanations. if after all i have typed you still are lost, then i suggest you ask your school teachers for a refund in english comprehension classes already taken in the past. then again you are spiritually dead so whatever i am saying will be going over your head. either way i am not going to be able to help you. you need either an actual lobotomy or a spiritual lobotomy.
obadiah777: you are too slow to even grasp simple explanations. if after all i have typed you still are lost, then i suggest you ask your school teachers for a refund in english comprehension classes already taken in the past. then again you are spiritually dead so whatever i am saying will be going over your head. either way i am not going to be able to help you. you need either an actual lobotomy or a spiritual lobotomy.

You did not explain what this means after you have said good works/obedience and not sacrifice led them to be 'elect':

Your had to sacrifice his 'beloved son' so that a bunch of good people would be part of his government.you're as silly if not more than those that believe believing Jesus died for them would give them automatic ticket to paradise.

You cannot explain the significance of why a leader must punish/kill himself so that certain wrongs of his 'chosen ones' who are good people too can be written off by him to 'ensure' they be with him.silly concept of a silly god idea.
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by putro(m): 11:00pm On Sep 08, 2012
What baffle me most is christians discounting the word of the bible. For the wages of sin is death. If truly christ died for our sins, why is there still death?. I have the impression religion is confused.
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by putro(m): 11:14pm On Sep 08, 2012
bigmaut:
He didnt died for our sins or wash away our sins,he was killed(murdered) b/c of our sinful nature he only brought d goodnews to mankind to make them change their sinful way & worship God but they murdered him & turn d despicable act around woe betide anyone that has a hand in his death will still pay for d sacrilege "it better 4 him not 2 be born"...said;jesus
first time i'm reading something sensible about the death of christ and first time exornorating God from his death.
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by putro(m): 11:23pm On Sep 08, 2012
seriallink:

Na wa oh bros, take am easy on d Bible; it's divinely inspired Book~
Yes divinely inspired by constantine at the council of nicea. We all know the story
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by putro(m): 11:54pm On Sep 08, 2012
Delafruita:
right and wrong is not about the consequence or expected consequence.people do bad things to "good" people.doesnt mean that those "bad" people always reap what they sow.like i always say,the concept of good and bad is dependent on the times and practices prevalent in the society
good point. even in bible days slavery was normal.kill them all and their children and women was even instructed by God and it was not a sin then but because the society condemns such acts it becomes a sin.
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 09, 2012
crosbreaka:

You did not explain what this means after you have said good works/obedience and not sacrifice led them to be 'elect':

Your had to sacrifice his 'beloved son' so that a bunch of good people would be part of his government.you're as silly if not more than those that believe believing Jesus died for them would give them automatic ticket to paradise.

You cannot explain the significance of why a leader must punish/kill himself so that certain wrongs of his 'chosen ones' who are good people too can be written off by him to 'ensure' they be with him.silly concept of a silly god idea.
LEVITICUS 17 VS 11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

MATTHEW 15 VS 24 "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by crosbreaka: 12:48am On Sep 09, 2012
obadiah777: LEVITICUS 17 VS 11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

MATTHEW 15 VS 24 "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

You've just contradicted yourself.you stated that the 'elect' gained salvation and became 'elect' not through sacrifice but good works/obedience of the law.

I can see you're in total confusion and fighting hard to even convince yourself.

If I may add the sacrifice mentioned in leviticus is animal,not human sacrifice.also that is offered by a sinner as symbol of repentance and not by God on behalf of sinners.also the sinner makes the sacrifice to God and not God making a 'sacrifing' to himself,of himself for the sinner regardless of repentance.
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 12:55am On Sep 09, 2012
crosbreaka:

You've just contradicted yourself.you stated that the 'elect' gained salvation and became 'elect' not through sacrifice but good works/obedience of the law.

I can see you're in total confusion and fighting hard to even convince yourself.

If I may add the sacrifice mentioned in leviticus is animal,not human sacrifice.also that is offered by a sinner as symbol of repentance and not by God on behalf of sinners.also the sinner makes the sacrifice to God and not God making a 'sacrifing' to himself,of himself for the sinner regardless of repentance.
works first and then sealed. wasnt no such thing as faith then cuz christ hadnt come. the elect got selected by their works. now get with the program or get rolled on. the question is ARE YOU GOING TO GET ON BOARD WITH THE LORD SO YOU CAN BE PART OF THE NUMBER ? ARENT YOU TIRED OF BEING A VULNERABLE CONFUSED HOMO SAPIEN NOT KNOWING YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE ?

1 Like

Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by crosbreaka: 12:56am On Sep 09, 2012
I'm still waiting to understand what the below statement mean after you stated the 'elect' became 'elect' not through atonement:

How did ' the sacrifice sealed their elect status'?

If they were already 'elect' through being good and were free from damnation then what's the use for your crucifixion doctrine?

And I can see one thing you've totally brushed aside that christians hold on to is the belief in 'original sin',which is the catalyst christians use to brainwash themselves to believe in the necessity of human sacrifice of Jesus.
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 1:02am On Sep 09, 2012
crosbreaka: I'm still waiting to understand what the below statement mean after you stated the 'elect' became 'elect' not through atonement:

How did ' the sacrifice sealed their elect status'?

If they were already 'elect' through being good and were free from damnation then what's the use for your crucifixion doctrine?

And I can see one thing you've totally brushed aside that christians hold on to is the belief in 'original sin',which is the catalyst christians use to brainwash themselves to believe in the necessity of human sacrifice of Jesus.
THE QUESTION IS ARE YOU GETTING WITH THE LORD OR NOT ? THATS ALL I WANT TO KNOW. KILL ALL THAT OTHER NOISE YOU ARE MAKING. ARE YOU DOWN WITH THE PROGRAM OR NOT ?
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by F00028: 3:24am On Sep 09, 2012
obadiah777: THE QUESTION IS ARE YOU GETTING WITH THE LORD OR NOT ? THATS ALL I WANT TO KNOW. KILL ALL THAT OTHER NOISE YOU ARE MAKING. ARE YOU DOWN WITH THE PROGRAM OR NOT ?
really?...that's your response? undecided
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by crosbreaka: 3:41am On Sep 09, 2012
obadiah777: THE QUESTION IS ARE YOU GETTING WITH THE LORD OR NOT ? THATS ALL I WANT TO KNOW. KILL ALL THAT OTHER NOISE YOU ARE MAKING. ARE YOU DOWN WITH THE PROGRAM OR NOT ?

No sir!
Coercion isn't going to work when you cannot explain the most important thing you believe in.what is the need of your god killing himself or his son because a bunch of good men known as 'elect' already saved from damnation by their good works are to join him in a heavenly government? Does that make any sense or have any meaning to you? Those who even believe Jesus died for everyone to make heaven in a magical way are sincerely smarter than you're in this your web-like ideas of yours you can't explain and ended up entangled in.

Would Jonathan kill himself or his son or even resign so that a bunch of 'good men' who have minor mistakes can rule nigeria with him? What's the rationale behind such action?
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Jenwitemi(m): 8:36am On Sep 09, 2012
There is no rationale in christian doctrine and that is why it is a religion... no, that is why it is christianity. And that is also why obadiah has been floundering all the while with his replies. He can't explain what his religious beliefs entails because he does not understand them himself. And neither does he, as his fellow christian brethrens, have to understand them because. They just simply worship. Obadiah does not have to understand what he worships or why he has to worship... he just worships like a robotic zombie. That is all that is required of him, so go easy on him, bro.
crosbreaka:

Would Jonathan kill himself or his son or even resign so that a bunch of 'good men' who have minor mistakes can rule nigeria with him? What's the rationale behind such action?
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 09, 2012
F00028:
really?...that's your response? undecided

crosbreaka:

No sir!
Coercion isn't going to work when you cannot explain the most important thing you believe in.what is the need of your god killing himself or his son because a bunch of good men known as 'elect' already saved from damnation by their good works are to join him in a heavenly government? Does that make any sense or have any meaning to you? Those who even believe Jesus died for everyone to make heaven in a magical way are sincerely smarter than you're in this your web-like ideas of yours you can't explain and ended up entangled in.

YOU TWO KNUCKLEHEADS BETTER GET IT TOGETHER. HEAR OR FORBEAR. THIS AINT NO JOKE. IF YOU NEED JOKES YOU ARE IN THE WRONG SECTION AMIGOS. THIS HERE IS SERIOUS BIDNESS. YOU CORNBALL NIGGAZ ARE IN THE WRONG SECTION. THIS AINT NO BASKETMOUTH SHOW.
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by LagosShia: 9:32am On Sep 09, 2012
obadiah777:

YOU TWO KNUCKLEHEADS BETTER GET IT TOGETHER. HEAR OR FORBEAR. THIS AINT NO JOKE. IF YOU NEED JOKES YOU ARE IN THE WRONG SECTION AMIGOS. THIS HERE IS SERIOUS BIDNESS. YOU CORNBALL NIGGAZ ARE IN THE WRONG SECTION. THIS AINT NO BASKETMOUTH SHOW.

Subhanallah!

The christian is going gaga! No answer available but 'he believes' grin

Here too no answer:

https://www.nairaland.com/1042498/christians-why-christianity-better-me#12109930
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 09, 2012
LagosShia:

Subhanallah!

The christian is going gaga! No answer available but 'he believes' grin

Here too no answer:

https://www.nairaland.com/1042498/christians-why-christianity-better-me#12109930
i have wisdom enough ( all praises due to Yahawah for bestowing a lowly man like myself with wisdom knowledge and understanding ) to be able to decipher between gainsayers and genuinely curious people. that cornball crosbreaka is a gainsayer. grin
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by LagosShia: 9:41am On Sep 09, 2012
obadiah777: i have wisdom enough ( all praises due to Yahawah for bestowing a lowly man like myself with wisdom knowledge and understanding ) to be able to decipher between gainsayers and genuinely curious people. that cornball crosbreaka is a gainsayer. grin

Well yes calling him names would make you feel better.but the fact remains you couldn't answer him.and when you can't answer someone as low as what you call 'gainsayer',then I can sense you're in deep $hit!
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 09, 2012
LagosShia:

Well yes calling him names would make you feel better.but the fact remains you couldn't answer him.and when you can't answer someone as low as what you call 'gainsayer',then I can sense you're in deep $hit!
By his grace, there is no question anyone, and i mean anyone in here, can throw at me and i would not have a real biblical answer for. the answers to the question he needs ? i already posted. like scripture says ' be slow to speak and quick to listen'. if he took the time to remove his pudgy fingers from the keyboard and actually read all the answers i gave him, he would find the answer to his question. but like the typical gainsayer he is, he is quick to type and slow to listen ( read and understand the answers supplied ).
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by LagosShia: 9:56am On Sep 09, 2012
obadiah777: By his grace, there is no question anyone, and i mean anyone in here, can throw at me and i would not have a real biblical answer for. the answers to the question he needs ? i already posted. like scripture says ' be slow to speak and quick to listen'. if he took the time to remove his pudgy fingers from the keyboard and actually read all the answers i gave him, he would find the answer to his question. but like the typical gainsayer he is, he is quick to type and slow to listen ( read and understand the answers supplied ).

Yeah right! wink
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by F00028: 10:48am On Sep 09, 2012
KNUCKLE HEADS? am not falling for that. if want to turn the dialogue into an abusefest cos you got nothing of substsnce good luck wit crosbreaka.

obadiah777: i have wisdom enough ( all praises due to Yahawah for bestowing a lowly man like myself with wisdom knowledge and understanding ) to be able to decipher between gainsayers and genuinely curious people. that cornball crosbreaka is a gainsayer. grin

oh the Good Lord may have given you somethings but He didn't give you wisdom.
He doesnt give everything to everybody...unfortunately sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

God knows I love Frank / How To Worship Goddess Artemis / When Did The Old Covenant End? - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.