Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up (11495 Views)

What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores / Punishment You Hated As A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by pedestal82(m): 3:29pm On Sep 05, 2012
Hated washing plates, and doing my Laundry. Though males my mum insisted we learn how to
Cook, so back then, if u want to make me cry, just give me Beans to wash (the process of
Removing the skin) for making of Moi-Moi or Beans cake. Never seem to be able to get that
Chore right!

1 Like

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Lolaabokoku(f): 8:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
Washing the bathroom, toilet and gutter then we live in a face me i slap you apartment. It wasnt funny then cos i have no choice than using a short broom to scrub the army green spyrogera.. Nyama *goes out to vomit*

10 Likes

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by slimyem: 8:49pm On Sep 05, 2012
washing walls-my mum made me wash the walls in the kitchen every weekend.
It was a gloss-painted cream wall and she'd make me wash it to a point i could reach with my hands.
I dreaded Saturdays!

1 Like

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Laurel28(f): 10:20am On Sep 06, 2012
I hated washin plate especially pot

2 Likes

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by DBestDoc(f): 5:30pm On Sep 06, 2012
Laundry, Laundry, and again Laundry.
I'm not Lazy though.lol
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by tjskii(f): 8:29am On Sep 07, 2012
Cutting yam o,hated it with a passion,especially those big ones with chuku chuku hair on the body

12 Likes

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 07, 2012
tjskii: Cutting yam o,hated it with a passion,especially those big ones with chuku chuku hair on the body
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by cmespeak: 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2012
Filling empty bottles with water.

5 Likes

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by pedestal82(m): 1:58pm On Sep 07, 2012
cmespeak: Filling empty bottles with water.
Lolz, wow I 4got that one, my mum so beat me, because of empty bottles
In the fridge, it was my duty to make sure they are always filled.
Hate that chore man!
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by thesherriff(m): 3:29pm On Sep 07, 2012
Nna I hated picking stones from rice then uncle bens rice was for bigger boys angry

4 Likes

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 22, 2013
fetching water
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by OperaMini1(m): 1:55pm On Mar 25, 2013
Mine was the washing of bitter leaf.

2 Likes

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by daylae(m): 3:12pm On Mar 25, 2013
I hated all home chores,but laundry i hated most. . .would sometimes hide my heap of dirty clothes under the bed from my mum.
But just send me on an errand then am happy and smilling, just make sure you wont be tired of waiting cus is just a way of telling me to go play.

8 Likes

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by tasandra: 5:06pm On Mar 25, 2013
I hated washin plate and toilet angry
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 25, 2013
Doing my laundering!
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 25, 2013
washing plates especially the one with remains of eba and soup on it

4 Likes

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Localamos(m): 6:23pm On Mar 25, 2013
I hated all chores >(

I was lazy and not motivated back then. Hope my kids don't take after me in this particular manner!

2 Likes

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by ahmedgafar7(m): 6:25pm On Mar 25, 2013
Laurel28: I hated washin plate especially pot
YOU DON GET AM

1 Like

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 25, 2013
cmespeak: Filling empty bottles with water.
You got me there! grin
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by ahmedgafar7(m): 6:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
~vicky~:
washing plates especially the one with remains of eba and soup on it
10000000000000 likes

3 Likes

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
Localamos: I hated all chores >(

I was lazy and not motivated back then. Hope my kids don't take after me in this particular manner!

what ever you reap, you must sow! cool

2 Likes

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Sweetapple007(f): 6:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
I hate washing plates.
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by YoungBrain: 6:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
washing of pepper/tomatoes with bare hands then grinding with stone

3 Likes

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Rocktation(f): 6:27pm On Mar 25, 2013
Doing dishes. Doing dishes. Doing dishes. Hate it! Hate it!! Hate it!!!
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 25, 2013
@ op
Had no choice to hate any. As d first child, Mom and Dad were a lot stronger and disciplinary. Twas a'do or burn' issue. Damn I envy my siblings! Lol

1 Like

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 25, 2013
I hated cleaning the louvres. Damn, I still do.

3 Likes

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by JamesLucia: 6:29pm On Mar 25, 2013
kai gosh! i hated to wash okro soup pot hmmmm even now i still hate am o

1 Like

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by seedord247(m): 6:29pm On Mar 25, 2013
I hate washing my Assss after excretion. angry

1 Like

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by honeric01(m): 6:29pm On Mar 25, 2013
sweeping the compound!
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by kobofun(m): 6:29pm On Mar 25, 2013
Guess, i was a pretty good kid while growing up. wink I hated Saturdays though, we had to pick beans, help my younger sister to loosen her hair and take our herbal concoction - foul smelling, gall-tasting 'agbo' ***vomits***
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by obi123: 6:30pm On Mar 25, 2013
the winner is doing laundry

i can start with just my clothes ,uniform, socks and underwear by the time i'm done , i will have net curtains, wrapper , popsi's singlets , his house native, all the kitchen tea towels,the sofa covering etc my mum will just be finding them and throwing it down to me at the backyard from the balcony

1st runner up is ironing
This is my mum oh, please can you just run iron on this my skirt for me, and she holds up one skirt with 5 million pleats , i will now spend the next 10mins trying to figure out how to start

23 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

One Special Thing God Did For You This Year! / Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue / My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.