Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up (11501 Views)

What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores / Punishment You Hated As A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by stainlessify: 12:06pm On Mar 26, 2013
ekwah: mehn I worked like I donkey, but I now appreciate the skills I acquired back then especially my cooking skills.

I was the eldest in the House. Popsy would keep his shirts for me to wash every now and then.
Mumsy was a petty trader (Akara na'im she dey sell) so I always had to come back early from school, take stuff down to
our sales joint and then fry yams and potatoes until she showed up. cry

In addition, I would go back home and start preparing dinner since mumsy would always be at her sales joint at that time.

She also sold 'taliya' (home made Hausa-style spaghetti) at a secondary school every morning and I was in charge of making those every freaking evening! angry

I haven't even mentioned bathing my younger ones, cleaning the home, doing dishes... the list goes on.

Those days were the worst, but now I am an OGA AT THE TOP cool grin No more House chores as it's now my younger ones' turn.

U b reli husband material...
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by BuBBle1(f): 12:16pm On Mar 26, 2013
Washing mortar and pestle after using it to pound eba/yam, will soak it in water till the next day lunch. Weeding our surroundings/farm work it was by fire by force.Then no amount of pretense will save me.
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Tinkybabe(f): 12:30pm On Mar 26, 2013
This thread is so funny!

Mine was/is gutting and scaling fish..There's a particular fish called red fish my mum likes. This fish has got to have the most scales in the world!and guess what?she gets a box of it chopped sadso you can imagine how difficult it is getting the scales off.I could spend 2 hours struggling with the fish. embarassed
To make matters worse, that's the fish she takes to her friends anytime she goes visiting.she goes "Tinky,I promised my friend that I would get her a box of red fish,so I've got two boxes here shocked One for the house and the other for her.pls my dear, help me clean the fish and spice it like you do ehn.oko mi".Like seriously!!

A box contains about 70 pieces.yes!

1 Like

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by cigaricon(m): 1:13pm On Mar 26, 2013
Ok lemme tell you guys why i loved cooking.
When cooking stew, half of the fresh tomatoes goes to my tummy and so does when frying beaf-i fry one, i eat the next and it goes like that tongue

Cooking rice, i didnt have to pick the stones out first, i have tactics that makes all these things easy for me.

Also pounding yam arrgh i love that job mehn. Pound small, chop small

When making abacha, all the young garden eggs goes to my tummy and so does the ugba (dont know what it is called in english) and sliced kpomo cheesy

WHY I DONT LIKE HELPING SOMEONE ELSE OR SOMEONE ELSE HELPING ME IS THAT I DONT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO THE ABOVE angry

2 Likes

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 26, 2013
~vicky~:

what ever you reap, you must sow! cool
no escape for him
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 26, 2013
cmespeak: Filling empty bottles with water.
lolz me too, then mum is like; "if i get those broomsticks u call legs near that deep freezer, you'll see what i will do to you"
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Odunnu: 1:59pm On Mar 26, 2013
Ironing: Till today, I hate ironing.

Pounding yam: that one used to be every tuesday and saturday. I most attimes feign illhealth to dodge this.
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by topmostg: 3:47pm On Mar 26, 2013
Osc: Plate washing and i brake them evrtime till my mum stop sending me to wash plates
its break...
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 26, 2013
booqee: whaaaaaattt?! Dude are u phucking kidding me?! shocked
not kidding o! The truth!
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2013
Segun agagu:
Omo. And be boi..omo u lucky oooo..I go like make u my roommate or make we dey live together. I hate cooking. No worry I go buy all d food stuffs. Lolss

lolz grin
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by answerme(f): 7:35pm On Mar 26, 2013
grin
pure123: i can wash clothes for the whole street but spread on d line was my problem...........my brothers/sister would bring out their clothes saying, dont worry u jxt wash we will spread.......

HILLARIOUS grin
pure123: i can wash clothes for the whole street but spread on d line was my problem...........my brothers/sister would bring out their clothes saying, dont worry u jxt wash we will spread.......

HILLARIOUS
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by otodeluxe(m): 6:58am On Mar 27, 2013
i so much hated washing plates
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by bank2k4real(m): 11:27pm On Mar 31, 2013
grin grin

black_beau: Plucking waterleaf

Like seriously??
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by zeb04(f): 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2013
I hate washing plate, hate washing and poundin peper I just have this feeling that my body wil itch me nd argg hate cutting yam. I can pay someone to cut yam 4 me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saying ''thank You' After Meal Still Relevant In Our Society? / One Special Thing God Did For You This Year! / My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.