Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' (40996 Views)

Cancer Drugs A Cure For HIV – Says Researchers / Pot Belly Vs Flat Belly / How To Reduce Pot Belly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by sexyverah(f): 1:32pm On Sep 11, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tie urself to a tree for seven days without food nd water.. on d seventh day ur belle go flat pass deflated tyre lol smiley

1 Like

Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2012
y2kaustin: ...Why No insults?Wen u were busy drinkin Gulder,eatin point and kill fish,brokoto,round about,kpomo,shaki,edoh,egufe,ike eran,asun etc,u didn't knw d resultant effect?Now ur joystick is like a tooth pick,why won't the lady move on.Mtcheew!
jeeeez! That was harsh! How can you say his dicck is life a toothpick? You don see am before?
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2012
omowolewa: 1. Try gym and other tommy reduction excercise(40 press-up per day).
2. Try eating less and stop eating at nights. Maybe you try fasting.
3. Reduce fat and carbohydrate intake to reduce tommy line fat build-up.
4. Drink water 30min before breakfast.
5. ON A LIGHTER MODE, stop seizing the delivery of fart from you stomach whenever nature supplies it. You see, your tommy may contain abundant natural gas and that needs to be expelled. Wherever it comes,don't seize it. Even in a meeting or your boss' office, fire it.

Hahahaha....Abundant natural gas. Funny thread. Some people do not know that farting helps the stomach.

Even if you are in the bus and natures visits you, fire the bomb and bone ur face like say na sound from exaust. If one sharp man catch you, make you just codesly tell am say U can't cheat nature na.......

Girls take note too and be figure 8... lmao.

2 Likes

Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by folahann(m): 1:39pm On Sep 11, 2012
[size=16pt]Is having Pot Belly a Sickness.[/size]
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by santakris(m): 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2012
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 11, 2012
aribisala0: Simple Identify where you are now and make a plan

How old are you roughly(age range)
Height
Weight
Occupation = sittting at desk or physically active.
Are you a car driver
What do you eat. Keep a diary for about 2 weeks of every single thing you eat and drink for two weeks to get an idea of your eating habits.

Gaining a pot belly is easier from age 30 and more difficult to shed.
Entails life style changes that are almost impossible if you live in Nigeria but you can try.

The summary of if is your body is a machine and food is its fuel.Imagine continuing to put fuel in your tank after it is full. You need to make a number or mental "discoveries"
Food is primarily a fuel and not a source of PLEASURE or COMFORT or for BOREDOM relief.
If you are overweight you have probably trained your self to eat a lot more than you need and stopping suddenly will result in considerable psychological distress.
What might work is a gradual change and eventual cutting out of certain offending foods
Depending on how bad your situation I would advise the gradual reduction and eventual stopping of
Bread,Biscuits and ALL sugar.
Flour based snacks in general eg pies,donuts rolls etc
Meat if possible stop all meat
Avoid fried food (Sorry no dodo kai!)
Avoid all processed or artificial drinks and drink only water or squeezed natural juice
Avoid butter
STart Eating
more fish,chicken is okay(not fried)
fill yourself with fruits and vegetables
carrots,water melon,pawpaw,banana,roast plantain yam are all very good
Water intake must increase substantially
Drinking garri with peanuts is fine
Eat as much peanuts as is reasonable ( peanuts are a complete meal)
Exercise is alway talked about but I suggest only two exercises to start with Walking and or swimming.
Aim to walk at least 2 Km daily if you are starting from zero and try and raise this to about 5km in about 2 months. Walking is not a stroll. In Nigeria this would have to be early morning or late at night. Get a good pair of trainers and walk your planned route as fast as you can.You should be shortly out of breath afterwards but it must not be too easy.Thereafter ( 2 months)you can go for something more vigorous.
The most effective exercise I have seen for weight loss is BOXING training but this is really hard for beginners if you fancy this join a boxing gym you will agree that Jesus is LORD!!

Nice write up. You harsh ooo.lol.

Eat garlic and bitter kola. But be ready to mess no be small.

Oatmeal for breakfast and maybe yam for lunch or dinner at 6. I will explain to you how these foods burn fat in layman's language.

When you eat, your body uses up energy to break down food. The more time it takes to break down this food, the more energy your body uses which inturn burns fat. Also include beans and other protein. They take time to break down, keeping you full for long, thereby making you eat less.

Pot belly is gold mine for bacteria's and all that. You need to wash away those toxins. Exercise and increasing your water intake goes a long way in achieving your overall weigh loss goal.

Goodluck.
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by y2kaustin(m): 1:52pm On Sep 11, 2012
berem: jeeeez! That was harsh! How can you say his dicck is life a toothpick? You don see am before?
...D bitter truth is alway harsh baby,i knw his dicck,definitely wil b lyk a tooth pick,dats y d babe moved on and 4 ur informate.Pot bellied men normally av dat kind of dicck,they'l av 2 raise d stomach up b4 d triumphant entry into d .....Em,em!
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by shadrach77: 1:58pm On Sep 11, 2012
stop drinking "odeku" grin grin grin
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by abbey621(m): 2:00pm On Sep 11, 2012
y2kaustin: ...D bitter truth is alway harsh baby,i knw his dicck,definitely wil b lyk a tooth pick,dats y d babe moved on and 4 ur informate.Pot bellied men normally av dat kind of dicck,they'l av 2 raise d stomach up b4 d triumphant entry into d .....Em,em!

Mr. know it all, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, the size of your belly has nothing to do with how developed your stick becomes. Stop feeding us nonsense, HABA! Try hereditary or other biological factors, I believe that would make more sense, for example Asians have the shortest stick length while Africans the longest, but that does not mean there are no short stick men in Africa or no long stick in Asia.
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by Onyema1(m): 2:04pm On Sep 11, 2012
You need to start running or jogging at least 4 miles a day for a start. After one month, start lifting weight and working your abs. Start with 50 Crunches, 50 sit ups and 50 push ups every day. The key to loosing the belly fat is lots of cardio exercises, the crunches etc and weight lifting will tone your body and define your muscles.

Drink lots of water and stop drinking beer, all sorts of soda, and sugary juice drinks.

You must continue this routine for about a year before you get the kind of abs that is presentable grin. Your self confidence will increase, you will think and look smarter. You will ultimately have no need to visit the doctors, except if you have accident.

Most importantly! you MUST have the determination to achieve a flat abs, it's a lot of hard work. In most cases your body would just tell you to forget the exercise and rest, once you succumb, there you go, nothing for you.

Do what I have said, and your life will never remain the same.
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by gentleone(f): 2:04pm On Sep 11, 2012
try FIJK flusher. do lots of exercise, eat lots of fruits annd vegetable and don't eat late at night, forget dinner anything after 7pm. its gonna be a gradual process but u'll lose the pot belly.
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by onyeego(m): 2:12pm On Sep 11, 2012
Ha Naija, everyone knows the solutions to everything yet we are surrounded by PROBLEMs that needs solutions undecided
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 11, 2012
onye ego: Ha Naija, everyone knows the solutions to everything yet we are surrounded by PROBLEMs that needs solutions undecided

May you live long, Sir!
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 11, 2012
Fall in love with fruits and vegetables. Make sure you always have them in store. Secondly, try out exercises. That way, i believe your body will tone out.
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by penzino(m): 2:23pm On Sep 11, 2012
writejhn27: Stop drinking beer with lots grains and sugar, like gulder. Heineken is a good drink. Also try situp. It will help. Don't eat late at night.

Wait o shocked. Why Girl go leave man because say belly big na wah o. Before una know the belle nor big before? Before na big men dey get big belly but now na poor men dey get big belle.

Everybody wan sexy. Na wah o.
u don forget say na 4beta for stay for worse for run?:-D
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 11, 2012
me fink there is more to the reason why ur girl dumped you, cos i bet you dat same girl would jump inside Mr. Ibu's car @ a flash of some naira notes. as for ur pot-belly, me fink you are a prisoner of ur own mind! you've gat just pot-belly and fink its a problem? move around d streets and see people with real life problems.
count ur blessings dude! appreciate you for you! live and enjoy life! you only live once and that's d info!!

.......music playing in my room....♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ (reach for the stars)by will.i.am ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

4 Likes

Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by Hezzymania(m): 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2012
Why not get a fijk flusher, and use 4teaspoonful every nyt b4 going to bed, it works like fashola.
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by linearity: 3:05pm On Sep 11, 2012
ibukunoluwa66: My fiancee left me cause of my protruding belly.
I stopped eating late at nite now and i did a lot of things that were not really convenient
I don't know what else to do .

I want to find a lasting solution to my protruding belly

Pleases give me a aid to help dis.

No insults please

The girl is not been sincere to you why he left you....chances are..you have pot belly before you met her and that did not discourage from starting the relationship and continued it up and till lately...

Back to your question...there are no magic bullets to reducing pot belly....it is all about 'calorie in and calorie out'...it takes about 3,5000 calories to add 1 lbs or about 0.46 kg. The combination of portion control and exercise will do it....Since you did not know your metabolic rate...that is how many calories your body burns at rest....This is what I will do if I were you....

1. Buy a scale....measure yourself weight and note it down.
2. Eat your normal food or reduce it to a level you can live with.
3. Engage in some exercise.
4. In a week's time, measure your weight again...
5. If you weight is higher than before, that means you have to keep a closer eyes on what you eat and also exercise more.
6. If your weight is about the same, it is good...it means that the combination of your food and exercise are equilibrium...so you know what to adjust.
7. If it lower, it means you are on target, adjust if you still have some room.

Some Dieting rules:
1. As much as possible, avoid foods that are white...eg white bread, white rice, garri, etc...
2. As much as possible, avoid fried food.
3. Eat lots of fruits, fiber, vegetable, drink lot of water, etc..
4. As much as possible, Stop eating processed food, canned food, etc...
5. Beer, mineral, etc also contain lots of calories and sugar that will readily be converted to fat once it hits your stomach..

Exercise rules:
1. Include exercises that would target your stomach muscles...push ups, strength training in the GYM, etc.
2. I usually prefer getting the cardio-exercise going and steady for weeks before start adding strength training this mix
3. Also know that, for every additional 1 lbs or 0.46 kg of Muscles you are able to add, you burn additional 35-50 calories at rest each day...which means, if you can add or replace 10 lbs of fats with 10 lbs of muscles....you burn additional 1 lb of fat each week at rest.

1 Like

Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by jpphilips(m): 3:05pm On Sep 11, 2012
ibukunoluwa66: My fiancee left me cause of my protruding belly.
I stopped eating late at nite now and i did a lot of things that were not really convenient
I don't know what else to do .

I want to find a lasting solution to my protruding belly

Pleases give me a aid to help dis.

No insults please

Go for an Abortion or pray for a mis-carriage
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by abbeybanks(m): 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2012
try dis "trocar and cannula"
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by osogwu(m): 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2012
At initial stage,u will like yourself cos any cloth u put on will fit u ,girl will follow u because of ur freshness but after d rain comes d storm.it can be controled by eating litle and light food with alots of water in d morning.Eat any thing like cake and energy drink in d afternoon.Stay clear from meat and acohol.if u can keep dis 4 one month, ur belly will return to its normal shape.NOTE,do not stay hunger 4 so long b4 u eat because d hunger sensation will force u 2 over eat.
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 11, 2012
You could try all em solutions and tips or you could just live with it.

Everyone is not meant to have flat tummy. grin grin
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by bknight: 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2012
Sit ups. If u are very diligent wit it, it'll reduce in 30days. Its painful & exhausting but its ur jackpot. Slimming teas et al are jst craps. Eat whenever u wish, just get very religious with sit ups,mornings and evenings.

1 Like

Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by GentleNaaz(m): 3:38pm On Sep 11, 2012
dia r 2 bst ways 1. Go 2 a 4kniza,he wl put valve at ur tummy 4 easy lessening of ur protruded tummy. 2. Try gymnastics; do it atleast 5 hr daily 5 days a week
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by Ivbade: 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2012
If you re still battling with pot belly, that means you have not heard about LIDA kitchen. They specialize in caring for folks that are weight conscious, those with diabeties and those suffering from pile. These people are good and am talking from experience. This is their nos- 08022226782. And the beautiful thing about them is that they deliver to your doorstep.
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by otumfour(m): 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2012
if ur fund of eating fatty foods.......get some xenical caps......shixt tht fatty out
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by Biggyd2: 3:45pm On Sep 11, 2012
For your diet, try :http://www.everydiet.org/diet/hallelujah-diet. Stick to the book and see the result. Erhm… will not be easy at first.

You need a good exercise regime. If you can't get to a gym there are exercises that don't need so much space that you can start with at home. See

Walk exercise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRGMTxEsFoE&feature=relmfu (4 mile walk at home)

Workouts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8ckvVIs2PQ&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_380354

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2iDADWOukM&feature=relmfu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNDsGliURms&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1BR2AVelF0&feature=relmfu

There are sooo many exercises to help you online. Remember to start from a low level before advancing to higher ones. Hope these help a bit. AND WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE TO DO MAKE SURE YOU DO TO PLEASE YOURSELF.
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by Martini101(m): 3:52pm On Sep 11, 2012
penzino: Start doing situp, start by counting down with mayb 30 4a start.
. 30 for a start! U wan make the belle burst?
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 11, 2012
Why would I want to lose my pot belly though?

Rick Ross School of thought... cool
Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by ektbear: 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2012
You need to lose body fat, basically.

Here is what you need to do:

1. Reduce the amount of calories you eat daily.
2. Increase the amount of calories you burn daily.

(1) can be accomplished by cutting down on beer, alcohol, and fattening foods. Eat more fruits and vegetable. Eat smaller portion sizes. And eat more frequently...going a long time between meals tends to result in one eating bigger meals.

(2) can be accomplish through cardio and weight training. Cardio directly burns calories, and weight training indirectly burns calories by adding muscle to your frame (your muscles "eat" a lot of calories).

But yeah, I recommend tackling this issue from both ends.

Also, it is pretty much impossible to lose body fat from one part of your body alone (aside from surgery). So doing crunches at the gym won't help. It will actually make things worse...your stomach will look even bulkier.

You need to lose fat all over your body.

1 Like

Re: Help With Cure For 'Pot Belly' by ektbear: 4:21pm On Sep 11, 2012
Also, there are no such things as fast results. You'll see gradual improvement. But turning a pudgy, plump body into a fit one takes time. Expect 6 months to 1 year for a total transformation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test / Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" / Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.