Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? (21426 Views)

Shifi And Zeal Of Styl Plus Makes A Rare Appearance In Public. / Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back / Styl-Plus: Is Zeal Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by Bakreez: 2:30am On Oct 05, 2012
booqee: Those guys just aint it..when it comes to dis music tin.
How will they be when you started listening to music at the era when mad men such as Terryg came to limelight,someone needs to check your brain to see if it's still in order or else you might run mad listening to those noise you call music.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by Sleek05(f): 2:55am On Oct 05, 2012
Anytime my sis wanted 2 distract me from readin, she'l play their songs and off I went. Styl plus was d definition of soul music and wen dey sang hiphop 2, dey killed it. Come back styl plus and deliver us frm dis nonsense empty lyrical noisemakers. I also remember olufunmi remix, dose guys r just on point!
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by controlseven: 3:07am On Oct 05, 2012
Dey de Germany de sing "runaway" for that famous hospital. U know na?

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by Oti4truth: 3:51am On Oct 05, 2012
bobby17: 4 years don waka, we still dey carry go undecided
Perhaps, they forgot to add "4 years they will go coma" to their "4 years don waka" track. Though, I wish them quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by donmatin(m): 4:03am On Oct 05, 2012
They av an official page on facebook were u can find details abt dem.
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by TonySpike: 4:18am On Oct 05, 2012
In my opinion, I think Styl Plus lost it after the first album. Their calling was meant to be strictly acapella with soul. But the moment they chose to infuse pidgin english into their music and started the dance-hall craze, they lost a number of fans. I suspect they were trying to imitate the P-square group with their pidgin chants. They still have an opportunity to sing in their original acapella style, then I'd be the first to buy their album. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by Hemanwel(m): 4:52am On Oct 05, 2012
They actually performed on stage at d just concluded MTN PROJECT FAME.
O boy,Shiffy don lean oh!

"...evrytime I tried 2 settle down n hv a wife,evrytime I tried not to make dem cry....."

U'll alwaiz wanna knw d lyrics of their songs.Missin dem sha!!
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by fitzmayowa: 4:53am On Oct 05, 2012
pDude: Who is Styl Plus
Sanusi's publicist * Mufu *

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by ujchief(m): 4:54am On Oct 05, 2012
'we're working on a new album. . .'
Thats what u get whenever u ask a musician where hes been! Blackface has been working on a new album since like forever now...
Styl+ last album made it clear that they're strugling to remain in the music industry. Whenever u hear songs like '4 yrs don waka...'

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by vichofu(m): 5:12am On Oct 05, 2012
Iya Basira
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 05, 2012
Their time of fame is over,let other younger artist enjoy their fame
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 05, 2012
Who knows if they are preparing serious party jam f̶̲̥̅̊☺я 2013.
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by shilling(f): 7:02am On Oct 05, 2012
Styl plus was and still is the ish. Their most recent single (produced by Jesse jagz, I believe) isn't bad. I wish they were more relevant today cos they release gooood music.
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by spendogram: 7:52am On Oct 05, 2012
They performed at MTN Project Fame Grand Finale just last week or so but the performance wasn't that impressive. I expected more from them. They were so hot just less than a decade ago.
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by oladayo042: 8:06am On Oct 05, 2012
Olufunmi was the thing then. Love ya Styl Plus.
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by flimsy2(m): 8:31am On Oct 05, 2012
styleplus crew have been my best music the always come out with something reasonable and meaningful i just love their music.their first and third album.ima,stay alive,unbreakable,only u my best track.
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by baslone: 8:58am On Oct 05, 2012
Itz no surprise!

Boyz to MEN wanna be

They are still young and it's not to late

They berra go learn carpentry or sumthum
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by blackboi(m): 9:41am On Oct 05, 2012
ask "Black Face"grin
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by crackhouse(m): 10:18am On Oct 05, 2012
They should be somewhere going through initiation process into illuminati. Since they now lack the flow, they have to belong somewhere to keep the lyrics flowing. Expect them soon

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by doublecross(m): 10:44am On Oct 05, 2012
the truth is that there is nothing to sing about anymore. you can tell that from what 2face and the rest of them are currently doing. The latest songs i have been listening to these days are complete trash. Teryy G's even worst. just imagine..........................Tile wine amooooooooo nanana.....nanana......oya beremoleoooooo...nanana......nanana........make i sango sangooooooooooooooooooo...nanana.......nanana......ok danceee danceeoooooooo....nanana....oya ka jo tun le se.....................i weak men............

2 face on the other hand is just singing rubish..........my people steady steady...oya steady steady....................if i say tomatoe and you say tomadoe na the same tomatoes..................God help this country

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by onyxo76(m): 10:53am On Oct 05, 2012
i just love the track titled imagine that.i think i ll look for their cd in my collection this weekend .
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by helpnhandkay: 11:15am On Oct 05, 2012
They were on Mtn project fame grand finale...and I was so disappointed cos they sounded like some amateur singers...I couldn't bliv Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ was shiffi singing...Zeal tried tho
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by 1money: 1:17pm On Oct 05, 2012
I like styl +. They sing good music.
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by Soukiss(m): 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2012
i had that one of dem . hv R.I.P ? abi
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 05, 2012
Relevance is the answer and thats why when you are off it,you are gone. Times are fasting change and everyone desire that same change.Styl Plus first body of works was not an album.i think just 6tracks.it wasnt sane not to have an album,what kind of management will do that.it was their 1st effort and would have easily upgraded to the mainstream,they are afraid to change or blend with other artistes cos why would they stay in abuja,Lagos is the Hub of entertainment in africa,Imagine they were not sure of themselves and have mediocre producers in their own crew.You cannot be aloft and expect to enjoy patronage.Now to be fair isnt wizzy better than all of them in thousand way,very obvious.Do you still wonder why a better artiste and 2face Main competitor then,Faze is out in oblivion,yeah because he believes too much in himself and he even named his label Independent.no way you have to bring a new and different thing to the fans to gain more grounds and relevance.Though everyboy says Davido is Proud and arrogant but they cannot deny that Dami Duro is a hiT,different sound.if you know how to do it we will see you.thats why R kelly is a Living Legend.He calls himself the weather man.and true He is.
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by afolayangs(m): 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2012
slimyem: They are a fine bunch of artistes...
..just that most of their kind of music does not thrive in the Nigerian market..
Their unpopular songs are really cool!
If e nor be "free madness" "been long you saw me", "kukere",some incoherent babbles or basically something to shake body and jump to,e nor go reach to hear for most Nigerians.
i concurr
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by Seyilome(m): 4:17pm On Oct 05, 2012
EVEN IF NOBODY HEAR STYL PLUS AGAIN BUT I WILL ALWAYS LISTEN TO THEM THEY ARE MY BLOOD MUSICIAN WHEN EVER I PLAY THEM IT IS LIKE PARACETAMOL TO ME AND IT MOVES ME,THEIR MUSIC MAKES ME THINK OF PAST TO PRESENT.I ALWAYS SAY WITH STL PLUS MUSIC IS POSSIBLE.WHAT IS WRONG WITH STYL PLUS IS NIGERIA MUSIC MENTALLITY,WE ONLY LISTEN TO BEAT WITH NO GOOD LYRICS SUCH AS TERRY G,AND Y STYL PLUS TOO HAD TO MOVE TO ABUJA?,I HAVE ALL THEIR ALBUMS AND SINGLES.I LOVE STYL PLUS WITH THEIR GOLDEN VOICES,AND I AM ONE OF THEIR FAN CLUB MEMBER,THEY ARE BEEN PROMOTING ONLINE BY A LADY IN AUSTRALIA CALLED NIKI STEWART,PLS LET US PROMOTE STYL PLUS POSITIVELY.PEACE!
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by switnjl: 5:19pm On Oct 05, 2012
pDude: Who is Styl Plus

like seriously??!!!!
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by switnjl: 5:21pm On Oct 05, 2012
Soukiss: i had that one of dem . hv R.I.P ? abi

I don't think so. I would have known by now.
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by switnjl: 5:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
doublecross: the truth is that there is nothing to sing about anymore. you can tell that from what 2face and the rest of them are currently doing. The latest songs i have been listening to these days are complete trash. Teryy G's even worst. just imagine..........................Tile wine amooooooooo nanana.....nanana......oya beremoleoooooo...nanana......nanana........make i sango sangooooooooooooooooooo...nanana.......nanana......ok danceee danceeoooooooo....nanana....oya ka jo tun le se.....................i weak men............

2 face on the other hand is just singing rubish..........my people steady steady...oya steady steady....................if i say tomatoe and you say tomadoe na the same tomatoes..................God help this country

hmmmmmm.!!!! God help us all
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by b0y(m): 5:36pm On Oct 05, 2012
The guys were into drugz at one time, heard this gist from a close pal to the group. Somehow i think the whole ish went awry and that consequently led to their inconsistencies afterwards. The guys are full time ganja breeds who just happen to have a face that implies otherwise. They look far from done tho cos my friend still tells ♏ë he spots them in a renowned studio in abj...Let's not expect anything MASSIVE from this crew ever again. They made their mark when they had the chance. Let's just digest the babbling we get to hear now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beauty Queen & Model, Joy Omoge Celebrates Birthday With Pool Party (Video) / Ronke Oshodi-Oke Pictured With Her Beautiful Mother / Angelina Jolie Or Jenifer Aniston: Who Is Da Bomb?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.