Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,492 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra (9584 Views)

Prosecutor Is Loosing The Battle Against Saraki / Military Releases Pictures Of Battle Against Boko Haram In Gombi / Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by abifoluwa: 10:05pm On Sep 06, 2012
“I will call my elder brother and Governor of Abia state, Chief Theodore Orji, to make sure that what is going on here also take place there to his property and businesses.

“We can no longer continue this kind of life. People must live purposeful lives; we are going to start looking for his business associates also and that is why I am here today to supervise the demolition of these buildings.

“This is part of my administration’s effort in making sure that criminal activities are eradicated in Anambra state. We will not stop until Anambra becomes safe” Obi said.

He explained that the efforts are geared towards eradicating crime and flushing out hoodlums from the State. The Governor said due process of the law had been initiated to prosecute the suspect while government was going after all his investments in the country as no kidnapper or criminal would be allowed to enjoy the proceeds of his illegal activities.

Some of the indigenes of the area who spoke with the Nation yesterday at Oraifite confessed that the 36-year-old suspect was a terror before he was arrested.

was that obi calling Orji his bro? they are not from the same state sebi. P.s jst an observation, make una no abuse me o
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by chucks185: 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2012
[quote
author=berem]Nice development from the Anambra state government.we
cannot fold our arms and watch the southeast engulfed with the
kidnapping menace.I hope other SE governors will do the same.[/quote] nne u always make sense.
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by Johnchike(m): 10:42pm On Sep 06, 2012
I support Governor Peter Obi 100percent. Kidnapping destroys the economy of a state as investors can no longer invest, even the indigenes can't return to their states. If rich men build houses in Anambra, a lot of people would be employed in construction but kidnapping makes this impossible. If rich men return back, traders and marketers would gain huge profits but kidnapping makes this impossible. Anambra state is now an oil producing state thus attracting international investors. Kidnapping would scare everyone away. Governor Peter Obi, thanks for fighting kidnapping. This should serve as a warning to all neighbours in a compound that refuses to report terrorism and kidnapping to the police. One day, your whole compound would be demolished and the land forfeited forever.
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by asha80(m): 10:49pm On Sep 06, 2012
Johnchike: I support Governor Peter Obi 100percent. Kidnapping destroys the economy of a state as investors can no longer invest, even the indigenes can't return to their states. If rich men build houses in Anambra, a lot of people would be employed in construction but kidnapping makes this impossible. If rich men return back, traders and marketers would gain huge profits but kidnapping makes this impossible. Anambra state is now an oil producing state thus attracting international investors. Kidnapping would scare everyone away. Governor Peter Obi, thanks for fighting kidnapping. This should serve as a warning to all neighbours in a compound that refuse to report terrorism and kidnapping to the police. One day, your whole compound would be demolished and the land forfeited forever.

shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 07, 2012
who is insulting ndi Anambra? Ikemba Nnewi is from Anambra, zik is from Anambra, cyprian ekwensi from Anambra , chinua Achebe from Anambra. Ojukwu is my maternal uncle
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 07, 2012
I wonder why this has suddenly turned into an attack against igbos! undecided
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by Afam4eva(m): 9:15am On Sep 07, 2012
Biafra4tharmy: who is insulting ndi Anambra? Ikemba Nnewi is from Anambra, zik is from Anambra, cyprian ekwensi from Anambra , chinua Achebe from Anambra. Ojukwu is my maternal uncle
So fvck what. Nna mechie onu gi osiso. It's because of people like you that people insult Ndi Anambra. Stop giving Anambra a bad name.
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by dozies: 9:29am On Sep 07, 2012
Ndi be anyi o, Umunna, onye buru aso n'elu bu onwe ya ka o buru ya bu aso.

All Ibos are one and equal, we all share thesame fate. Please can you stop this vainful effort of dividing what God has made to be one and focus on how best we can be our brothers keeper. Please.
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by onyengbu: 9:30am On Sep 07, 2012
afam4eva:
So fvck what. Nna mechie onu gi osiso. It's because of people like you that people insult Ndi Anambra. Stop giving Anambra a bad name.
But its also because of people like zombie zuby77 that he said what he said.

You should have scolded the apaiwa called Zuby77 with the same force with which you scolded that biafra army. guy

You see, thats how these things work. You insult my people I insult yours. The only difference is that when an i-diot like chino11 was running around with his madness, it was ONLY people from anambra that were scolding him.

Just try and apply some wisdom.
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by Afam4eva(m): 9:50am On Sep 07, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

But its also because of people like zombie zuby77 that he said what he said.

You should have scolded the apaiwa called Zuby77 with the same force with which you scolded that biafra army. guy

You see, thats how these things work. You insult my people I insult yours. The only difference is that when an i-diot like chino11 was running around with his madness, it was ONLY people from anambra that were scolding him.

Just try and apply some wisdom.
I try as much as possible not to get into any of this Anambra Vs others debate. But it's imperative to note the obvious braggart nature of people like Chino who see everything good about Anambra and nothing good about other parts of Igboland. Unfortunately, this is a view that's shared by a handful of Ndi-Anambra. These has made other Igbos to be suspicious of wary of them. I know these things but i choose not to engage in such pettiness because i want a united Igbo land. That nott withstanding, Anambra remains my favourite Igbo state even ahead of my own state(Enugu) because i feel Anambra's success today is the success of Ndi-Igbo nile. Btw, i have talked with Zuby and he has agreed to sheath his sword. I just hope that people like Chino will not keeep fanning the embers of war by asserting the ever annoying and rudely chauvinistic disposition that seeks to put Anambra at the Zenith and other Igbos close to satan in the ladder of achievement.
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by onyengbu: 10:29am On Sep 07, 2012
afam4eva:
I try as much as possible not to get into any of this Anambra Vs others debate. But it's imperative to note the obvious braggart nature of people like Chino who see everything good about Anambra and nothing good about other parts of Igboland. Unfortunately, this is a view that's shared by a handful of Ndi-Anambra. These has made other Igbos to be suspicious of wary of them. I know these things but i choose not to engage in such pettiness because i want a united Igbo land. That nott withstanding, Anambra remains my favourite Igbo state even ahead of my own state(Enugu) because i feel Anambra's success today is the success of Ndi-Igbo nile. Btw, i have talked with Zuby and he has agreed to sheath his sword. I just hope that people like Chino will not keeep fanning the embers of war by asserting the ever annoying and rudely chauvinistic disposition that seeks to put Anambra at the Zenith and other Igbos close to satan in the ladder of achievement.
You shouldnt have just talked to zuby cos he did more damage here than chino.

Chino is usually more interested in telling the world that the sun rises and sets in anambra but your guy zuby has been attacking anambra people. Thats different. Dont get me wrong, chino is an arxehole and everyone knows that but even from your comment above, there is still a veiled dislike (if i may use the word) for anambra people. Reason being that even though you alleged that it is a handful of anambrarians that shared chino's view, you still termed it unfortunate. Go through your post above and see what I mean.

I might be wrong but talking to zuby is not enough in my own opinion. He did a lot of damage here.
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by pazienza(m): 11:51am On Sep 07, 2012
I understand zubby very well, my people have a way of demeaning other igbos,and they feel superior to other igbos,i hate that attitude of theirs and i always get angry whenever i hear them say things like onye imo, wawa,and nwa aba for ebonyi people.

I can remember when we went for a family member traditional marriage at ebonyi,my people kept behaving like they are superior to those people.
I felt really bad,we can't achieve igbo unity if some igbos feel that they are better than others,this is a big problem,the fact that those people did not get exposed to western education on time is no fault of theirs,we should be looking at how to help them catch up,and not ridicule them, we should learn to imbibe the spirit of onye aghana nwanne ya.

Zubby raised a serious problem facing the igbo nation today,but i don't think here is right place for that discussion.

But ehm zubby,do you still remember that enugu guy from nkanu area,called ngwu ekelu omu?
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 07, 2012
pazienza: I understand zubby very well, my people have a way of demeaning other igbos,and they feel superior to other igbos,i hate that attitude of theirs and i always get angry whenever i hear them say things like onye imo, wawa,and nwa aba for ebonyi people.

I can remember when we went for a family member traditional marriage at ebonyi,my people kept behaving like they are superior to those people.
I felt really bad,we can't achieve igbo unity if some igbos feel that they are better than others,this is a big problem,the fact that those people got exposed to western education is no fault of theirs,we should be looking at how to help them catch up,and not ridicule them, we should learn to imbibe the spirit of onye aghana nwanne ya.

Zubby raised a serious problem facing the igbo nation today,but i don't think here is right place for that discussion.

But ehm zubby,do you still remember that enugu guy from nkanu area,called ngwu ekelu omu?
i'm much disappointed in Ndi Enugu because of their obvious jealousy at the declaration of anambra state as an oil producing entity. I thought we are one? If any wawa man cross Anambra i go butcher am with kogites trust me Biafra4tharmy nah Nwa Aguleri. We are stockpiling M16 and Ak49 rifles grenade launcher and RPG . wawa people stay clear or...
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by achi4u(m): 12:37pm On Sep 07, 2012
Biafra4tharmy: i'm much disappointed in Ndi Enugu because of their obvious jealousy at the declaration of anambra state as an oil producing entity. I thought we are one? If any wawa man cross Anambra i go butcher am with kogites trust me Biafra4tharmy nah Nwa Aguleri. We are stockpiling M16 and Ak49 rifles grenade launcher and RPG . wawa people stay clear or...
na wa o! how can you butcher your own brothers because of ordinary oil?
I think we should unite instead of divide.

daz the Biafran spirit!
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by Dainfamous: 12:43pm On Sep 07, 2012
What all this noise about?
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2012
i want to issue a stern warning to kogites and ndi sabo who have joined them to try to steal anambra oil. We know you are jealous and we the supreme fraternity of Aguiyi ndi Aguleri are stockpiling for the looming massacre . Be warn, i snap this pics from our training camp yesterday at omambala river

Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by achi4u(m): 3:06pm On Sep 07, 2012
Biafra4tharmy: i want to issue a stern warning to kogites and ndi sabo who have joined them to try to steal anambra oil. We know you are jealous and we the supreme fraternity of Aguiyi ndi Aguleri are stockpiling for the looming massacre . Be warn, i snap this pics from our training camp yesterday at omambala river
gringringringrin Wetin be the name of that last one ogabiafra
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by pazienza(m): 3:12pm On Sep 07, 2012
Biafra4tharmy: i want to issue a stern warning to kogites and ndi sabo who have joined them to try to steal anambra oil. We know you are jealous and we the supreme fraternity of Aguiyi ndi Aguleri are stockpiling for the looming massacre . Be warn, i snap this pics from our training camp yesterday at omambala river

Is this how you intend to actualize biafra, by being aggressive to your fellow igbos,if our fathers had your mindset biafra wouldn't have lasted for a month,you are a disgrace,you don't know what biafra stands for,i suggest u stop using biafra as a moniker here.
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by Costa2000(m): 3:23pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ifere na emem maka na umunnem amaro na ha bu umunne,ma obu onye Anambra,Abia,Imo,Enugu ma obu Eboyi anyincha bu ofu,Igbo Bu Igbo,Igbo adiro abuo.Abum nwa Anambra mana onye obuna bu onye Igbo bu Nwannem rue echi.Obu ife nwute ka obu na anyi ga abia ebea na akotosi onwe anyi.Ndi mgbe gboo si ONYE MALA ASU YA SUO NA IKWE ONYE AMAGHI ASU YA SUO NA ANA,Umuigbo ibem udodili onye obuna.
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by pazienza(m): 3:23pm On Sep 07, 2012
abifoluwa:

was that obi calling Orji his bro? they are not from the same state sebi. P.s jst an observation, make una no abuse me o

They are brothers,they both hail from different tribes that form the igbo nation,yea they are igbo brothers from different parts of igboland ie abia and anambra states,but states are but artificial creations, igboland is not.
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by omasogood(m): 8:09am On Sep 08, 2012
Has anyone thought about this,majority of the kidnap victims would have either done 419,FRAUD,stolen money from the government,sold illegal drugs,fake medicine,underpaid their employees & possibly even kidnapped others,I maybe wrong but the word "naija" seems to be synonymous with the saying,"what goes around comes around"

I'm saying all this because all over the world kidnappers target mostly the rich who they believe are the cause of their inability to access wealth & rich folk don't help by continuously widening the gap between rich & poor,year in year out
For kidnapping & other crimes to stop the black on black crime curse must be broken on all sides rich & poor & only the government of today headed by our dear 5000 naira note supporter aka "jonashoes subsidyluck" can get the ball rolling to break this curse,also the story of wooley lynch,the slave master from 100s of years ago who introduced the divide & rule strategy to his fellow white folk needs to be given worldwide publicity so that black folk will realise why they never work together like the asians & instead prefer to kill each other & covet each others' property & money
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by cjrane: 10:05am On Sep 08, 2012
omasogood: Has anyone thought about this,majority of the kidnap victims would have either done 419,FRAUD,stolen money from the government,sold illegal drugs,fake medicine,underpaid their employees & possibly even kidnapped others,I maybe wrong but the word "naija" seems to be synonymous with the saying,"what goes around comes around"

I'm saying all this because all over the world kidnappers target mostly the rich who they believe are the cause of their inability to access wealth & rich folk don't help by continuously widening the gap between rich & poor,year in year out
For kidnapping & other crimes to stop the black on black crime curse must be broken on all sides rich & poor & only the government of today headed by our dear 5000 naira note supporter aka "jonashoes subsidyluck" can get the ball rolling to break this curse,also the story of wooley lynch,the slave master from 100s of years ago who introduced the divide & rule strategy to his fellow white folk needs to be given worldwide publicity so that black folk will realise why they never work together like the asians & instead prefer to kill each other & covet each others' property & money

You have a criminal mind. "Majority" of kidnap victims aren't even rich. They may merely have a rich relative or brother who doesn't even give him a penny, but who the kidnappers believe will pay a ransom for his relative's life.
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by freesoul3(f): 10:11am On Sep 08, 2012
it is precisely because of the ZUBY77s in enugu and other parts of igboland that you need a Chino11 in anambra state
this zuby fool has done more damage to igbo unity with his foolish and fake statistics than chino can ever do in a whole year
anambra people constantly scold and abuse chino for his ways
enugu people simpply caution zuby lightly and pretend not to see it
anyaoku ajoka
tufia

@topic, kudos to peter obi!
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by ZUBY77(m): 1:39pm On Sep 08, 2012
free_soul: it is precisely because of the ZUBY77s in enugu and other parts of igboland that you need a Chino11 in anambra state
this zuby fool has done more damage to igbo unity with his foolish and fake statistics than chino can ever do in a whole year
anambra people constantly scold and abuse chino for his ways
enugu people simpply caution zuby lightly and pretend not to see it
anyaoku ajoka
tufia

@topic, kudos to peter obi!

Where does anyaoku come into this? As a matter of fact, it is you Anambra people that answer anyaoku as a name #jokes.

Nobody is jealous of you people, atleast not me. I live in Onitsha. I made most of my money in Onitsha. I have a house at Awada Onitsha, i have my business there as well. I dont hate Anambra state, they are Igbos like me. I have many friends from Ekwulobia, Nanka, Oko etc. I know every corner of Anambra state.
The problem here is that you people see it as a normal thing to call Ebonyi people 'umu Aba', enugu people ' ndi wawa' in public. But you people dont accept bad names in public like you want other igbos to do.
Why so much anger against me here? Because someone finally decided to take up the e-war with you.
If we must agree to be one Igbo, then let us have equal status in the table. Your individual millionaires are good for all of us. As a matter of fact, we have individual millionaires all over Igboland, not just your state. Yours may be bigger in numbers but then 'so what' ?
You dont see others brag about them.
When we were one state -Anambra and Enugu- Jim Nwobodo was the governor.
Jim is from Nkanu in Enugu. What happened? How did you allow that to happen despite all your millions?
You see we are united down here in Enugu, so we will always win you. You can see us as fools, uneducated, poor but the capital of Igboland is Enugu. Half of the buildings in Enugu urban belongs to Anambra people. We are one and the same. For the fact that government decided to divide us doesnt change that.

Catholic church parish in Ugwuoba enugu state is still under Awka Anambra diocess. some parts of Ebenebe see themselves as enugu state.
See what i mean?
I was driving to Isuochi last week and found out that Anambra and Abia are just the same. Same goes ti Awgu in Enugu and Okigwe in Imo. Same place, same people, same language, same foods etc.

I apologie for what i said about Anambra people. It was out of anger. My brother was kidnapped and we have one Anambra man in custody since then. He refused to tell the police what happened. He has been denying hs involvement with the kidnapping. We discovered a text message which he used in collecting 8million naira kidnapping ransome in Edo state. He agreed to that one but not that of my elder brother.
Maybe now you can understand my anger over the people especially when kidnapping issues come up. Just like this topic. Not on everything.
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by Theblessed(f): 3:22pm On Sep 08, 2012
[size=16pt]Good on him!

It will only have to affect the Big Wigs of the Land for action to be take, isn't it undecided undecided

And, those who are unperturbed to join in the eradication of this evil in our society, should wait until it happens to their own loved ones - sons, daughters, wives, mothers, Father and entire family as it has now happened to the Obi then, they will see the light to stop evil whereever and whenever it stirs up its head!

It is one of those things that won't happen to you or anyone else, until it does.

We all have turns in life and the Obi has had his, next will be you unless everyone sings with one voice!
[/size]
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by Theblessed(f): 4:03pm On Sep 08, 2012
ZUBY77:

Where does anyaoku come into this? As a matter of fact, it is you Anambra people that answer anyaoku as a name #jokes.

Nobody is jealous of you people, atleast not me. I live in Onitsha. I made most of my money in Onitsha. I have a house at Awada Onitsha, i have my business there as well. I dont hate Anambra state, they are Igbos like me. I have many friends from Ekwulobia, Nanka, Oko etc. I know every corner of Anambra state.
The problem here is that you people see it as a normal thing to call Ebonyi people 'umu Aba', enugu people ' ndi wawa' in public. But you people dont accept bad names in public like you want other igbos to do.
Why so much anger against me here? Because someone finally decided to take up the e-war with you.
If we must agree to be one Igbo, then let us have equal status in the table. Your individual millionaires are good for all of us. As a matter of fact, we have individual millionaires all over Igboland, not just your state. Yours may be bigger in numbers but then 'so what' ?
You dont see others brag about them.
When we were one state -Anambra and Enugu- Jim Nwobodo was the governor.
Jim is from Nkanu in Enugu. What happened? How did you allow that to happen despite all your millions?
You see we are united down here in Enugu, so we will always win you. You can see us as fools, uneducated, poor but the capital of Igboland is Enugu. Half of the buildings in Enugu urban belongs to Anambra people. We are one and the same. For the fact that government decided to divide us doesnt change that.

Catholic church parish in Ugwuoba enugu state is still under Awka Anambra diocess. some parts of Ebenebe see themselves as enugu state.
See what i mean?
I was driving to Isuochi last week and found out that Anambra and Abia are just the same. Same goes ti Awgu in Enugu and Okigwe in Imo. Same place, same people, same language, same foods etc.

I apologie for what i said about Anambra people. It was out of anger. My brother was kidnapped and we have one Anambra man in custody since then. He refused to tell the police what happened. He has been denying hs involvement with the kidnapping. We discovered a text message which he used in collecting 8million naira kidnapping ransome in Edo state. He agreed to that one but not that of my elder brother.
Maybe now you can understand my anger over the people especially when kidnapping issues come up. Just like this topic. Not on everything.

[b][size=16pt]Why are you apologising?

Apologising for the truth?? Stop apologising because, you said the truth!

The truth is the light and it's only darkness (evil) that doesn't like the truth so, stand up and be counted - Call evil, the 'EVIL' it is, it won't bite!

The Bible say that, they shall perish, the wicked shall perish as these wicked lay abouts are perishing now in the hands of the law of the land (Psalm Chpt. 1 v 6 and Chapt. 37).

It is enough of Anambara people!

In Igboland, Anambara people are always the first to discriminate among their Igbo brothers. And I ask, if other Igbos are inferior to them, where do they come from by the way? I have never seen a people so discriminatory in Igboland than this lot. They always get pleasure in putting down, other Igbos.

Why? Because, of their own insecurity and it's about time we check 'History' to know who is truly 'an Igboman/woman' and about their existence, it's about time!

They are a people influenced by material wealth and gain of this world therefore, if you do not share their material values you're nobody to them - woe betide you all, "who stores up treasures on earth where moth and rust destroys and where thieves break in and still" Matthew Chpt 6 v.19 - 24.

At least, these evil lay abouts who committed this atrocity, have now discovered that the treasures they laid in their fathers compounds/villages are now being bulldozed down under their own eyes - gooooood!!!!!!

Food for thought for you, all!!!!

[/size][/b]]
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by Theblessed(f): 4:09pm On Sep 08, 2012
abifoluwa:

[size=16pt]You don't have to come from the same state to be brothers in 'Arms' - fighting evil! [/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This News Just brought fear to the camp of PDP / Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition / Omo-agege Condemns Brutal Attacks On Nigerians, Calls For Decisive Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.