Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,750 members, 7,851,567 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:06 PM

Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before (2483 Views)

Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? / Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? / Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by Mynd44: 8:16pm On Sep 08, 2012
Whatever rocks your boat.
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by DExplorer1: 8:19pm On Sep 08, 2012
Hey people! I think you both need a break. The exchange isn't neccessary. We could remain on the topic without jabs. Pls., ok
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by Mynd44: 8:22pm On Sep 08, 2012
D-Explorer:
Hey people! I think you both need a break. The exchange isn't neccessary. We could remain on the topic without jabs. Pls., ok
okay
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by talishaf: 8:24pm On Sep 08, 2012
Mynd_44: First of all, go read your initial post about the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of an African man and what is that?
I guess if you can defend that then it is safe to conclude that the first thing I think about Colombians are drug traffickers and the first thing I think of white American women are fat, lazy and incredibly stupid people who think the world revolves around them.
Nuff said you effed up admit it and keep walking

Im not going to let your personal feelings intercede with what i was really getting at. I was talking in reference to my experiences and its the same with everyone, everyone has a percieved thoughts on things that they have never encountered. And yes i will defend what i say because i will not let anyone turn something i said into something that its not im done and i hope u are too! Nothing left to be said
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by omega25red(m): 8:33pm On Sep 08, 2012
poster

if you see red flags, you should probably trust your gut insticnt. By the way where exactly did you meet him? and how far from NY are you?

if you are not too far maybe you can give it a shot by meeting and talking for real instead of hiding behind a computer screen.
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by vislabraye(m): 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2012
African guys are stable. Like all marriage proposals b kiaful (is my Engrish language gud cheesy)

1 Like

Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by akintun: 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2012
Pls do d guy a favor, and reject his advances.

1 Like

Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by Flygerian1(m): 1:40am On Sep 09, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

You forgot to add liars, murderers, thieves, adulterers, rapists, ignorant, misogynists, whores, fake bible thumpers, and opportunists.
All countries got the aforementioned above.

1 Like

Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by Flygerian1(m): 1:41am On Sep 09, 2012
claremont:
Really?! So African men are now womanisers and have poor command of English? We don suffer sha!
I dey tell u!
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by peroskyeze(m): 1:43am On Sep 09, 2012
once u see my joystick u will never leave me alone
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by Flygerian1(m): 1:47am On Sep 09, 2012
talishaf:
Is that hard to believe let me set this straight many men are womanizers and just so happen all of the Africans Ive met have been the same way they love the chase only talking of experience
Tiger Wood cheated on his wife. Is that hard to believe that he is NOT an African?
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by Flygerian1(m): 2:02am On Sep 09, 2012
talishaf:

Okay so who said that i was judging every african based on the few that i met.
And i quote: "But also when u think of African men u think of womanizer and not so good e(E)nglish".

So my sista, u said it, don't deny. Thats just the height of generalization!
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by Mynd44: 5:54am On Sep 09, 2012
^^
don't mind her. She Typed all these things with her hands and when it was pointed to her, she went all defensive.
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by skillet(m): 9:57am On Sep 09, 2012
^^^^ when i think of mynd 44, i think of this stuck up, spoilt snub, who thinks because he is intelligent, the sun rises and sets in his asse. does that mean i am judging him?

if you guys cant understan english, say so and lets help you. she spoke of her perceptions not her conclusion. she was asking that you help change her perceptions and all you did was fuel them.

and why do u only pick on chicks? and only online too. smh.
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by Mynd44: 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2012
That was so intelligent of you. Now go read our conversion again and come back to edit your post
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by OmoAlata(f): 5:30pm On Sep 09, 2012
Flygerian.:

Tiger Wood cheated on his wife. Is that hard to believe that he is NOT an African?

But he IS an African. All black people originated from Africa tongue
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by skillet(m): 5:42pm On Sep 10, 2012
Mynd_44: That was so intelligent of you. Now go read our conversion again and come back to edit your post

i have read it and you are right. i see your point. so i have edited my post accordingly.
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2012
basisop:

Sharrap! We are the best. @OP Don't play too smart because as a Nigerian he will surely outsmart you.

If i slap you now, all this NL guys will say i don smoke.

Better respect yourself oh!

I look like your mate
angry
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by MrsChima1(f): 6:57pm On Sep 10, 2012
Flygerian.:

All countries got the aforementioned above.

Duh! But he was talking about African men. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by MrsChima1(f): 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2012
Omo Alata:

But he IS an African. All black people originated from Africa tongue

White and Asian people too. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by AtheistD(m): 9:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

You forgot to add liars, murderers, thieves, adulterers, rapists, ignorant, misogynists, whores, fake bible thumpers, and opportunists.

I have more but you get the point. wink

Yeah but you could say that about most races.

Maybe fake bible thumpers are their key trait here.
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by MrsChima1(f): 10:45pm On Sep 10, 2012
Atheist:-D:

Yeah but you could say that about most races.

Maybe fake bible thumpers are their key trait here.

So your original post where you said African men are better than other men in all areas is fake as well? grin grin grin grin grin

If it apply to one...it should apply to all. So the bottom line is there is no nationality of men better than the next. However...Black men are on the bottom of the totem pole unfortunately.
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by Mynd44: 10:48pm On Sep 10, 2012
skillet:

i have read it and you are right. i see your point. so i have edited my post accordingly.
I can't help but SMH
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by AtheistD(m): 12:34am On Sep 11, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

So your original post where you said African men are better than other men in all areas is fake as well? grin grin grin grin grin

If it apply to one...it should apply to all. So the bottom line is there is no nationality of men better than the next. However...Black men are on the bottom of the totem pole unfortunately.

No, African men are better than other Black men in most regards. In regards to the negatives you mentioned earlier (ra.pe, liars etc) you will find that common amongst most groups.
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by MrsChima(f): 1:18am On Sep 11, 2012
Atheist:-D:

No, African men are better than other Black men in most regards. In regards to the negatives you mentioned earlier (ra.pe, liars etc) you will find that common amongst most groups.

By your own admission..Africans men are netter than other blacks but they are not better than White or Asians men? GOTCHA. Now that why Black men are on the bottom of the totem pole.

Oh...add denial and oretentious on the list!
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by talishaf: 9:02am On Sep 11, 2012
People can write their views on whatever, I can accept another's opinion or view because I am open minded and can
relate to the points others make. It's not about things pointing to me that got me defensive it was the "ignorant and uneducated part" and not even to forget i just made this account before the response. Its funny cause people can be so quick to call someone those things as if they have superior education or have no ignorance at all. Not only that but just knowing who I am, that is furthest from the truth. My post was tht from my own experiences and for those who pay closer attention i should have made that been known. When i said "when you think of africans you think of womanizers and..." thats the first thing that comes to my mind based on my experiences but tht does not mean I view every African man in that way. My post was intended for a different purpose rather than to be disputed in ways that reflected qualities that i am not, and because of that i got defensive.

don't mind her. She Typed all these things with her hands and when it was pointed to her, she went all defensive.[/quote]
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by Mynd44: 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2012
Bla bla bla
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by adconline(m): 4:33pm On Sep 11, 2012
Ok so i recently met this guy and hes from new york, and in the beginning he told me that his mom was nigerian and his father black. I am attracted to him but by looking at his picture he looks like an average african american so i associated that with an american accent, that was totally not the case. SO we finally talked over the phone and he has a nigerian accent which kinda threw me back because i couldnt pair his voice with what i saw. Immediately from the beginning he was calling me baby and that he wanted a serious relationship those were red flags as well but the main thing is i dont know how to feel now because the whole thought of dating an african is a little scary and unsettling seeing how i never dated a african before. But also when u think of african men u think of womanizer and not good english or understanding of different culutres. Something in me is telling me to just turn the other way and not invest any of myself into thiswhat

Your experience as claimed does not really exist, because you have never dated one. BTW, Africa is a continent of over 800 million with different races including white, black, and Arab. It seems you learned geography from Sarah Palin?
It seems you are living in your insular and myopic world- You equate accent with "good English". Since you are a lady, go and check out Indra Nooy, CEO of PEPSICO and tell me if her American accent is better than yours, tell us your net-worth.

Your post is full of stereotypes and you sound very close-minded, so it's better you stick with "good' people you are comfortable with. If you ever be with this uneducated and uncultured man, he's always gonna be on the edge trying to prove you wrong based on the assumptions u have about him.

1 Like

Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by Mynd44: 8:19am On Dec 07, 2020
Mynd44:
It is ignorant to judge almost 80 million individuals by the barely one thousand you have met. If you are educated, you will know that not everyone in a community can be bad. Not every individual can be a womanizer or a wife better. As if those traits don't exist in Chinese or Indian men too. Abeg make una clear jorh
I take this back. All Nigerian men are bad. We are demons avoid us cheesy grin cheesy angry cheesy angry
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by BaddieFreak(f): 8:52am On Dec 07, 2020
Be very careful when it comes to Nigerian men, don't say I didn't tell you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Naija Babes Are Into Runs... / My Fiancee Confessed Of Being Intimate With Another Person. What Can I Do? / The Funniest Stories Of Cheating/infedility You Have Ever Heard In Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.