Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,217 members, 7,839,138 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List (17873 Views)

GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards / Patrick Obahiagbon On National Awards! The Guy Dey Vex! / The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by naptu2: 3:15am On Sep 10, 2012
The system that has been adopted since 1999, is to give the higher categories of awards to politicians, ex military rulers and businessmen (who are allegedly corrupt) and give the lesser awards to more deserving individuals (teachers/principals who have served for decades and founded many schools, soldiers who have shown bravery in battle, health workers, etc).

1 Like

Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Nobody: 3:21am On Sep 10, 2012
Seriously, Nigeria is a huge joke.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by COOLDUN: 4:05am On Sep 10, 2012
This is another FIRST SCHOOL LEAVING CERTIFICATE AWARD by the most confused president of a dummy dominated country. Before I used to hear a word that says,let honors be given to those who honors are due for? But what today we are seeing a government who dishes out awards to people with questionable characters all in the name of retaining power in the next election. What and how has these awardees impacted in the lives of the masses in Nigeria? Majority of these awardees are not even known in the country. This is high time Nigerians should stand up and act or remain seated and be acted upon.

I have not heard that a nobody was rewarded for one good attitude since I have been watching these awards.Why?

Recently I read about how a school boy returned a wallet that contained the sum 250,000 (Two Hundred and Fifty, Thousand Naira) that belong to the school authority in one of the South Western states of Nigeria, why can’t the federal government reward such an honest student in order to encourage other ones in the society? This will not happen because his parents are nobody, and cannot deliver a voting numbers for the government. Must the Awards be for only the politicians, business moguls, academicians; chieftancy titled ones, and well placed in the society? Next year we shall all see how people like Lawan Farook,Marline Oteh,Hembes,Umaru Dikko,James Ibori,D.Alemesiaghe,and co will be awarded the best awards in the country. What a failed state?

5 Likes

Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Dukeofgarri: 4:35am On Sep 10, 2012
dont tell me jimoh ibrahim is on it too? is he? grin grin
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 4:36am On Sep 10, 2012
Hmmmm!.........This User is Currently Afraid of Banning.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Ishilove: 4:40am On Sep 10, 2012
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
Hmmmm!.........This User is Currently Afraid of Banning.
Coward! angry
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by dayokanu(m): 4:54am On Sep 10, 2012
At least half of our population must be award winner now
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Ramcie(f): 4:57am On Sep 10, 2012
Hmm, last year Aliko Dangote, this year Mike Adenuga . Next year it might probably be Edwin Clark grin grin
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Nobody: 5:24am On Sep 10, 2012
BOKO HARAM WILL MAKE THE LIST .
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by boladez(m): 6:14am On Sep 10, 2012
airmark: The list is incomplete without Farouk Lawan.

Yes ooooooo, Farouk, Otedola and Tafa balogun, infact Mahmud Tukur should make that list. The way our leaders are going they will drive this country into a revolution with all this nonsense they drive hard into our faces.

Adenuga is alleged to be involved in the Subsidy scam and also has MAJOR tax issues with the FIRS.......next thing he bags National honours, GCON for that matter.........Bode George nko? add am

Penkele mess, na cancer, Fibroid , Ruptured appendix, high BD and Food poisoning go kill them all....second base jare.

Seriously, I think Nigerians should massively protest the on going madness called government at the national level.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Nobody: 6:16am On Sep 10, 2012
have they recovered the awards gej said would be stripped from ibru and co?
how many of these awardees will lose their awards in a year or two?
last year, there were not enough awards to go around. have they sorted out the people who were left out?

and most importantly, who gives a fk about these awards fpor being part of the pdp clique?

i propose that any snide g--ri jokes on this thread be forgiven - thats how irritated i am
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by bestofthisyear(m): 6:20am On Sep 10, 2012
The same guy who's partly responsible for fuel shortages wins a national honor..... cry lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Willzkid(m): 6:35am On Sep 10, 2012
Does any one remember that governor's father who when confronted with the gargantuan failure of his son in the first term blatantly replied- "if person pikin fail class, shebi na to repeat the class now"?
His name is Gabriel Igbinedion.
That Gabriel Igbinedion, the father of Lucky Igbinedion (the greatest pen-robber ever produced on this side of the saharra per-capitally) is on that list, makes my heart cry..
The same man that completely ran down Edo state alongside Anenih, through his not-too-brilliant ugly son..
Gabriel, a professional showboater, grandstander whose OXYGEN is people's ATTENTION, always looks for ways to rub it in our faces..
This man should have been doing time in Oko, if our law enforcement bodies were up their task..

At this rate will one day apologize to Ibori

2 Likes

Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Acidosis(m): 6:39am On Sep 10, 2012
congratss!! will receive mine someday..
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by manosteel(m): 6:49am On Sep 10, 2012
I thought GCON is reserved for vice president only while GCFR is reserved for the president.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Tozer(m): 6:53am On Sep 10, 2012
HNosegbe:

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/news-update/60929-adenuga-mobolaji-johnson-others-on-2012-national-honor-lists.html
"Imminent Nigerians"? Was that a typo or outright error? Eminent Nigerians it should be. Thought newspaper editors should know better.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by omenka(m): 7:01am On Sep 10, 2012
The very essence of the national awards has been totally bastardized by succesive administrations especially given the crop of awardees we saw last year. Evry crook in nigeria wants to have a political appendage to their name. In my opinion, that woman who honestly labours day in day out by the roadside selling pepper and pears to feed a mouth or two, whom often times is denied her right to eek a living out of her petty trade when a 'big man'(big crook?)Is in town, deserves an award more than any of those rapists, murderers, ritualist and 419ers who get the awards evry passing year. The country is beset by all manner of problems from corruption to terorism yet they act like its all good. My only pain is, when it finally implodes the public enermies have a better chance of survival with their private jets and yatchs... Please awardees, give nigeria a chance to grow so that even when you wanna take a vacation you cld just step into the next local govt and you wld believe you are in the carribean, and when you have flu, cough or stomach upset, you could check into the hospital down the street instead of risking your life and money going overseas... Just a chance is all we ask..

1 Like

Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by katordidi(m): 7:03am On Sep 10, 2012
I wonder what a certain Gabriel Suswam is doing on that list, God help us
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by tutee1000: 7:05am On Sep 10, 2012
Suswam? with all the court cases of election manipulations and certificate forgery? The "cabals" are being revealed by and by...
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by talkingfingers: 7:08am On Sep 10, 2012
The ceremony is for Monday, the 17th? Isn't that too close?? Just seven days to get all those plaques and medals constructed. Ah! Some 'awardees' had better respect themselves and show up with their own medals, just in case.

1 Like

Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by talkingfingers: 7:13am On Sep 10, 2012
And at four governors annually on average, about 24 would have been settled after eight years. That should account for almost all the PDP governors. Er, a national honour for whoever came up with that formula.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Lanspower(m): 7:13am On Sep 10, 2012
Wey Madam own? I mean our 'brilliant' first Lady... Give am GCE abeg

3 Likes

Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Abbycite(m): 7:14am On Sep 10, 2012
One thing about dis award is that, it doesn't really affect me a bit. They can choose to award their children/families for all I care.

But d day a reasonable man accept this award is d day he looses his reason. Kudos to d Achebes, Soyinkas of dis world that knew d real meaning of d award...the higher ur corrupt practice, d higher ur award.

Just look at all d corrupt-convict of Nigeria and u will realize dat they are all national award winners....cecilia Ibru, Otedola, Tafa Balogun, Ibori and co
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by condralbede(m): 7:23am On Sep 10, 2012
Some ppl just tanda dey recieve national award,wat good hv dey done 4 d poor masses?hw dis thr awards in anyway goin to reduce d cost of garri in d market?nah question i ask oh.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 10, 2012
This award so lacks credibility, instead of giving it to true patriots, they are simply sharing it among themselves. What a mess. I really sorry for this country.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by talkingfingers: 7:28am On Sep 10, 2012
Lanspower: Wey Madam own? I mean our 'brilliant' first Lady... Give am GCE abeg

I dey tell you! Lol.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 10, 2012
I cant wait to get a GCON! I must take more loans and expand and hire 100,000 Nigerians. So help me God!

1 Like

Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 10, 2012
Full and able bodied men and women went for the olympics and they came home as total failures. Now it is the handicapped, the paralyzed that are raking in the desired gold medals. I think these pipo deserve the National Honour and not those morons. Infact it time we voted in physically challenged pipo into the seat of power since the physically complete ones arent capable. By GEJ's standard, methink National Honours should also go to DSP Alamesigha, and Bankole since patricia etteh was a beneficiary last time. I heard the kingpin of kidnappers in anambra agitating for that too...lol
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by killuminati(m): 7:39am On Sep 10, 2012
How does so-called awards affect the life of the common man on the street undecided

Poverty is killing Nigerians slowly and our clueless govts are busy wasting money on some bs. Ordinary agege bread man nor fit buy, everything is disorganised and you guys are still awarding yourselves by yourselves

May God forgive y'all!
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by subzidi: 7:44am On Sep 10, 2012
ACNE and the rest of you ignorant brats criticizing Chioma or speculating whatever means used in getting her babies! I'm almost forced to pronounce that God puts you in a position whereby you would also require IVF and it fails you like 10times oever!!! People are soooo ridiculous, like are you seriously kidding me?? shocked Its your type that would still judge her if she ended up childless for the rest of her life mcheeeeeew!!!
Keep judging people when you've not walked a mile their shoes!!! Cant people just be happy for others without all these stoneage/devilish/busy-body sneering attitude! May God forgive your IGNORANCE!!
At post : congrats Chi-baby and i tap into your anointing!! YES whether IVF/PTF/QYZ... cool
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by etunoman76(m): 7:53am On Sep 10, 2012
Must this award jamboree (show of shame) take place every year? What are the criteria used to determine the awardees?
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by albertfish: 7:55am On Sep 10, 2012
iz diz national honor o gudluck nd petient award,ibori must mk d list

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Nyesom Wike Poses With His Wife & Children / Recession: FG Summons Emergency Session Over Economy / 2nd Niger Bridge: South-east Lawmakers Mum On Budget Slash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.