Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,307 members, 7,867,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:05 AM

National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List (17891 Views)

GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards / Patrick Obahiagbon On National Awards! The Guy Dey Vex! / The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 10, 2012
HNosegbe: Dangote last year, Adenuga this year. Interesting.
The more money you acquire, the higher your award rankings.
I wonder who gets the GCON next year.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Demdem(m): 7:59am On Sep 10, 2012
HNosegbe: Dangote last year, Adenuga this year. Interesting.

Otedola will have his own next year. Qoute me.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by etunoman76(m): 8:02am On Sep 10, 2012
COOLDUN: This is another FIRST SCHOOL LEAVING CERTIFICATE AWARD by the most confused president of a dummy dominated country. Before I used to hear a word that says,let honors be given to those who honors are due for? But what today we are seeing a government who dishes out awards to people with questionable characters all in the name of retaining power in the next election. What and how has these awardees impacted in the lives of the masses in Nigeria? Majority of these awardees are not even known in the country. This is high time Nigerians should stand up and act or remain seated and be acted
upon.

And the excuse would be that most of the aforementioned people have not been found guilty, so they deserved to be conferred. Arrant nonsense!

I have not heard that a nobody was rewarded for one good attitude since I have been watching these awards.Why?

Recently I read about how a school boy returned a wallet that contained the sum 250,000 (Two Hundred and Fifty, Thousand Naira) that belong to the school authority in one of the South Western states of Nigeria, why can’t the federal government reward such an honest student in order to encourage other ones in the society? This will not happen because his parents are nobody, and cannot deliver a voting numbers for the government. Must the Awards be for only the politicians, business moguls, academicians; chieftancy titled ones, and well placed in the society? Next year we shall all see how people like Lawan Farook,Marline Oteh,Hembes,Umaru Dikko,James Ibori,D.Alemesiaghe,and co will be awarded the best awards in the country. What a failed state?
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by DaramphunOkon: 8:04am On Sep 10, 2012
we still hav a long way to go,very soon on our award list we will award boko haram 4 their wahala...gudluck shud tell me wat this award will do to me as a common Nigerian..chai..its simple, here in Nigeria we dont get our priorities rite
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by preciousoz: 8:09am On Sep 10, 2012
Brand_new: The more money you acquire, the higher your award rankings.
I wonder who gets the GCON next year.

Bode George, Alams, Tafa Balogun etc
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by bknight: 8:09am On Sep 10, 2012
I think dat Adenuga deserves an award for his input to d country. But a GCON? If only we had much regard for these national awards it won't be awarded shamelessly to those undeserving lot.

Can't ppl decline awards they certainly knw they dnt deserve. Its even those who deserve it dat reject it. This they do cos of d dishonor now associated wit d so-called national awards.

Even d GCFR is without prestige any more undecided
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by folahann(m): 8:09am On Sep 10, 2012
GCON? Jonathan is making a mockery of this award.
He should also give ex-militants award now.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by hassey(m): 8:11am On Sep 10, 2012
I cant bliv our president wo ever tink to giv out award, wen d vas majority of nigerian liv in poverty. Wat a shamble system our leader ar operation.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by executiveson(m): 8:20am On Sep 10, 2012
When will NL give their own award.
THREAD CLOSED!
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Babaji111(m): 8:24am On Sep 10, 2012
9ja gofmen dey gif me laugh for belle. Chei! Another GCON (Great Corruptors Of NIgeria) award again? shocked. But wait a minute, masses are suffering from insecurity, floods displacement, hunger, unemployment, bad roads, etc. Why can't the money use for organizing and awarding these rich men be diverted to tackle the problems in our country if the 'budget-money' have been siphoned as usual. grin
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by sapien(m): 8:30am On Sep 10, 2012
Nigeria,a failed entity in all ramifications!What is the worst governor,Emmanuel Ibn Laden Uduaghan,doing on that list?
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by abdulkayus(m): 8:31am On Sep 10, 2012
GEJ and 9ja is a huge joke kawai, and dey wil continue lyk dis as far as we keep mute and grumble online only. CIAO
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by sexyglow(f): 8:35am On Sep 10, 2012
I no see my name there
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by mila1121(m): 8:40am On Sep 10, 2012
There are issuing awards is not the problem. the problem is doing it with impunity
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by mrperfect(m): 8:48am On Sep 10, 2012
Well, that is good one.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 10, 2012
Aliko Dangote & Mike Adenuga, those are classic role models. Nigeria and Nigerians congratulate both of you for your meritorious achievements.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by vanstanzy(m): 9:06am On Sep 10, 2012
Opoki: This post is currently hiding

Is the post now playing hide and seek?
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 10, 2012
What exactly has Gabriel Igbinedion done to merit an award ?
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by vanstanzy(m): 9:11am On Sep 10, 2012
sexy glow: I no see my name there

Scratch my back and i'll scratch urs by putting ur name there, you know what i mean?
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by mymadam(m): 9:14am On Sep 10, 2012
taharqa:

Yea. I think the President's body language towards the Business/Investment community has be consistent and favourable( which is very good).

It is also interesting that the no of awardees was reduced to 149 this time around from 359 last year. I would like to see the full list though to see how credible the awardees are this year and going forward...I notice that some govt officers were named again- as far as I am concerned I strongly feel that NO govt official should be given or receive any award while they are serving in order to ground them(in any case, you do not receive an award just cos you attain a position but cos of what you did with the position, which should be judged AFTER one may have left the position).

I will hold my congratulations for now till I see the full list even if the reduced number of awardees this year is a positive

Seconded. God bless Nigeria.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by mymadam(m): 9:17am On Sep 10, 2012
sexy glow: I no see my name there

Relax, Madam! 2nd list go soon come! I believe say my name too go de for the list. I don try for motherland oo. God bless Nigeria
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 10, 2012
nawa ooo. GEJ should also give otedola award or even wait till ibori is released and give him award of the best performed ex governor
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by mymadam(m): 9:20am On Sep 10, 2012
folahann: GCON? Jonathan is making a mockery of this award.
He should also give ex-militants award now.

Yes, he might... but not until 'just before 2015'... the election year. Why that time? Don't ask me oo, go ask GEJ! God bless Nigeria.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by sexyglow(f): 9:22am On Sep 10, 2012
vanstanzy:

Scratch my back and i'll scratch urs by putting ur name there, you know what i mean?
lol
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by emenim(m): 9:22am On Sep 10, 2012
It's a pity that Nigerian national awards have lost it's value and repute. They have even turned it to a quarterly give away to every "aki" and "pawpaws" you find on the road. Now mark my words very soon you will hear Nigeria giving out awards to the most innovative beggar on the street
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by talkingfingers: 9:23am On Sep 10, 2012
sub_zidi: ACNE and the rest of you ignorant brats criticizing Chioma or speculating whatever means used in getting her babies! I'm almost forced to pronounce that God puts you in a position whereby you would also require IVF and it fails you like 10times oever!!! People are soooo ridiculous, like are you seriously kidding me?? shocked Its your type that would still judge her if she ended up childless for the rest of her life mcheeeeeew!!!
Keep judging people when you've not walked a mile their shoes!!! Cant people just be happy for others without all these stoneage/devilish/busy-body sneering attitude! May God forgive your IGNORANCE!!
At post : congrats Chi-baby and i tap into your anointing!! YES whether IVF/PTF/QYZ... cool

Dis one miss road sha...

1 Like

Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by sexyglow(f): 9:25am On Sep 10, 2012
mymadam:

Relax, Madam! 2nd list go soon come! I believe say my name too go de for the list. I don try for motherland oo. God bless Nigeria
Ok o i dey wait my padi
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by banki(m): 9:26am On Sep 10, 2012
Willzkid: Does any one remember that governor's father who when confronted with the gargantuan failure of his son in the first term blatantly replied- "if person pikin fail class, shebi na to repeat the class now"?
His name is Gabriel Igbinedion.
That Gabriel Igbinedion, the father of Lucky Igbinedion (the greatest pen-robber ever produced on this side of the saharra per-capitally) is on that list, makes my heart cry..
The same man that completely ran down Edo state alongside Anenih, through his not-too-brilliant ugly son..
Gabriel, a professional showboater, grandstander whose OXYGEN is people's ATTENTION, always looks for ways to rub it in our faces..
This man should have been doing time in Oko, if our law enforcement bodies were up their task..

At this rate will one day apologize to Ibori

I disagree with you on that one... Gabriel Igbinedion may be luckys father and lucky is not his only son, I still have loads of respect for the Esama of Benin kingdom, yes i remember the defunct okada airlines and its value to the nigerian economy then, Igbinedion Education Center, the University too are great achievments, call him a show boater but he also creates jobs for people through ITV radio and Tv, in all the points you have stated above you havent accused him of public fund embezelment, instead you accused him of being a father to lucky so he must do time in oko?if every richman would invest more in his people and his locality like the esama has done nigeria sure would be a better place
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by banki(m): 9:29am On Sep 10, 2012
preciousoz:

Bode George, Alams, Tafa Balogun etc

Those onces already have national awards of CFR....
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:29am On Sep 10, 2012
I sometimes wonder the value of these awards, only a few merit it and most just make a joke of the whole thing.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by jamil2(m): 9:36am On Sep 10, 2012
boladez:

Yes ooooooo, Farouk, Otedola and Tafa balogun, infact Mahmud Tukur should make that list. The way our leaders are going they will drive this country into a revolution with all this nonsense they drive hard into our faces.

Adenuga is alleged to be involved in the Subsidy scam and also has MAJOR tax issues with the FIRS.......next thing he bags National honours, GCON for that matter.........Bode George nko? add am

Penkele mess, na cancer, Fibroid , Ruptured appendix, high BD and Food poisoning go kill them all....second base jare.

Seriously, I think Nigerians should massively protest the on going madness called government at the national level.

At least you have a mouth to talk about these messes currently going in this country, but on a serious note Nigeria deserve to be fracas and form a new leadership so as to see if any good result will pop up.
Re: National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List by Toktee(m): 9:45am On Sep 10, 2012
[quote author=etunoman76][/quote] What is gabriel suswan name doing on that list?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abba Kyari, Kawu Awarded 10 TV/Radio Licenses To Self, Cronies - Daily Nigerian / Wike Lacks Popular Support To Help Tinubu In Rivers – Peterside / Sokoto: APC Holds Governorship Campaign Rally In Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.