Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance (7179 Views)

Akwa Ibom Tribunal Update: PDP Ends Defense…confident On Performance Of Witnesse / Christians Should Vote For Candidates Based On Performance / Obasanjo V Jonathan: Nigerians Give Verdicts On Performance Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by shizzle11(m): 10:21am On Sep 10, 2012
Loooling at the level of disapproval of okupe's comment. But truth be told, on the two areas he mentioned, i.e power and electoral reforms, he was spot on.
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by shizzle11(m): 10:27am On Sep 10, 2012
idowuswap: I never believe that igbo peepps can become president.well bcuz of thier greediness & robbery mind thieves 419

You are a complete disgrace not only to ur immediate family, but also to ur entire ethnic group.

What a waste of spermatozoa!
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by gbadexy(m): 10:28am On Sep 10, 2012
idowuswap: I never believe that igbo peepps can become president.well bcuz of thier greediness & robbery mind thieves 419
Guy wetin be dis na?
Face the discussion at hand.
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Orikinla(m): 10:35am On Sep 10, 2012
That Idi-ot Okupe should read the following on
https://www.nairaland.com/1042204/suicide-rate-rise-since-election.[/size]

[size=28pt]The 2011 Elections were massively rigged in the South Eastern states and south-southern states.
The 1993 June 12 Elections remains the freest so far after the 1979 presidential elections.

I repeat that Okupe is an IDI-OT

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by folahann(m): 10:56am On Sep 10, 2012
The better election we're having.
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Demdem(m): 11:05am On Sep 10, 2012
lets get somthing straight. The Retardeen hasnt done anything about electoral reform. Appointing Jega probably to him is electoral reform but its not. The Uwais report on electoral reform is there, what has the retardeen done about it?

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Rhapsody1(f): 11:16am On Sep 10, 2012
Willzkid: It should be: Okupe rates GEJ high on performance.
The Goodluck I know will not do that
People can really be funny at times. The Goodluck you know? So what exactly are you trying to say? That the Goodluck you know could not have rated himself high as said by Okupe or what? Ok. Will wait for him to disprove Okupe since someone who knows Goodluck has said so.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by dnawah(m): 11:20am On Sep 10, 2012
Our old people say"whenever a lizard falls from a tree and there nobody to praise him,he will nod his head many times & say am too much".but the fact still remain,"it is something that a magician cannot do.":-D
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by druid06(m): 11:31am On Sep 10, 2012
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by banki(m): 11:35am On Sep 10, 2012
jmaine: The high pass mark on Electoral processes and power supply are easily visible & justified . . . .

But yet, it still doesn't equate to fulfilling all electoral promises he made. Though the aforementioned good ratings are bedrocks to any society who desires meaningful uplift in her affairs

Electoral Reform....high pass mark"single term of 7years" oh ok....
power sector reform.... if after we spend collectively 20billion us dollars over the last 14 years and we dont have anything to show for it i think we are doomed as a country.

Mark my words... the solution to the promblem with PHCN remains deregulation and not privitisation, what worked in the telecom sector is deregulation, allow PHCN compete with other companies for the generation transmission and distribution of electricity, dont sell them off to private individuals.

When i saw the list of people buying off PHCN i laughed very soon Asari dokubo and tompolo would start fighting and asking why the "Niger Delta "was not alllowed to bid, the people from river Niger and Benue would destroy the power plants of abdulsalami because he it is thier land and water that generates water to shiroro!...I think Gej should leave the scoring to the people who he governs, and if popular opinion is anything to go by this government has so far FAILED WOEFULY and i would score them a low 25%.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 10, 2012
StarBoard: Pathetic self-assessment.
It's sickening when someone needs to assess himself in the overall light of the general situation in the country.
How this fella got a Ph.D is beyond me really.Are we sure he didn't award it to himself, based on the original post?
and wht effect hs yr question 2 ds post. Nigerians now find pleasure in hurling insults @ GEJ becos its now seen as a way 2 get significance in any public forum.
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by bknight: 11:43am On Sep 10, 2012
No doubt, electricity has improved, even d mosquitoes in my house can attest to dat grin..I hope it doesn't get worse wit d recent resignation of barth nnaji undecided
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by dedeike: 11:46am On Sep 10, 2012
Mr president, you forgot to add that you promised to ensure equity by making sure that each state of the federation has at least a federal university.
In one year, you have fulfilled this promise by establishing nine new federal universities and mobilised them with 2 billion each for take off.
You also promised to increase literacy in the north and you have started that with the successful launch of the Almajiri school system.

You promised to give education priority attention and you did just that by increasing funding to above 400 billion in line with UNESCO requirement.
During your campaigns to Edo, you promised to fix Benin-Ore and you have started that through the award of that road to Reynolds construction co and Borini.
You have also fixed IHOVBOR power plant all in one year.

You promised to make Onitsha the hub of commercial activities in Nigeria and you have started that with the commissioning of the Onitsha ports and the award of engineering designs for the construction of a new Niger Bridge. At IMO state, you assured them of your resolve to complete Owerri-Onitsha road and you have done just that.

At Aba, you promised to Refurbish Alaoji power station and you have done just that adding over 300 MW to the national grid. You have also reopened the NNPC depot boosting economic activities in Aba again.

In Enugu, you promised to remodel and reconstruct the Enugu international airport and you re doing just that. You also promised to fix Enugu-Onitsha-Enugu and Enugu-PORTHARCOURT.
While you have re-awarded Enugu-Onitsha under the SURE P, we still believe and expect that Enugu-Portharcout will be done before the expiration of your tenure given the assurances of your minister of works.
That notwithstanding, you have refurbished the 9th mile express which is a major gateway to the East from North.

In Kogi, you promised to fix Auchi-Okene, Abuja-Lokoja highways. You have given Auchi-Okene to Setraco to handle. Abuja-Lokoja which was abandoned has been re awarded under SURE P.
you have also refurbished GEREGU power plants .

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by seunfuckgarri: 11:57am On Sep 10, 2012
LET THE SLEEPING DOG LIE, I THOUGHT THE 'BARKING DOG IS SLEEPING'.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by jmaine: 11:57am On Sep 10, 2012
banki:

Electoral Reform....high pass mark"single term of 7years" oh ok....
power sector reform.... if after we spend collectively 20billion us dollars over the last 14 years and we dont have anything to show for it i think we are doomed as a country.

Mark my words... the solution to the promblem with PHCN remains deregulation and not privitisation, what worked in the telecom sector is deregulation, allow PHCN compete with other companies for the generation transmission and distribution of electricity, dont sell them off to private individuals.

When i saw the list of people buying off PHCN i laughed very soon Asari dokubo and tompolo would start fighting and asking why the "Niger Delta "was not alllowed to bid, the people from river Niger and Benue would destroy the power plants of abdulsalami because he it is thier land and water that generates water to shiroro!...I think Gej should leave the scoring to the people who he governs, and if popular opinion is anything to go by this government has so far FAILED WOEFULY and i would score them a low 25%.

You appear smart but your mischief is threatening to erase that advantage . . .My post you quoted said electoral processes which had to deal with elections organised under GEJ watch . . .It's pure mischief to wash that away

It also pure mischief to talk about 14 yrs when GEJ is how many years old as the hench man piloting Nigeria . .and it also pure mischief to wash away the current visible strides in the power sector. With the exit of Barth the man Nnaji the sour end . .

On your power deregulation proposal , you did made valid points about the names who propped up cos they were scary. And, I don't know the dynamics of the power sector as much as Barth and his team does, but i plunge my faith and believe on their established and proven expertise to deliver . .

As per the scoring end, yes it is us who should be the final judge but that doesn't mean the executioner won't also judge his progress report on promises rendered and delivered, if any.

Okupe just mentioned two justified achievements but was wrong to equate them as "all" . . That falls flat on the face of simple inference,extrapolations and deductions . . .

A case of a good content but a wrong caption . . .
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by maclatunji: 12:16pm On Sep 10, 2012
naijababe:

I can't believe the day will come when I'll agree with you somewhat! Don't know about the power part but definitely agree somewhat on electoral process. He's yet to fill 5% of his electoral promises though

Electoral processes ke? You mean like the one we saw in the South-South and South East where in some polling stations there was 100% turn out in favour of Jonathan in some cases over 100% sef. That election is not close to being the best, that tag has to go to the June 12 1993 election.

#Getreal
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by jmaine: 12:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
maclatunji:

Electoral processes ke? You mean like the one we saw in the South-South and South East where in some polling stations there was 100% turn out in favour of Jonathan in some cases over 100% sef. That election is not close to being the best, that tag has to go to the June 12 1993 election.

#Getreal

You are the one who needs to get real . . .
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Bukkyade: 12:30pm On Sep 10, 2012
dedeike: Mr president, you forgot to add that you promised to ensure equity by making sure that each state of the federation has at least a federal university.
In one year, you have fulfilled this promise by establishing nine new federal universities and mobilised them with 2 billion each for take off.
You also promised to increase literacy in the north and you have started that with the successful launch of the Almajiri school system.

You promised to give education priority attention and you did just that by increasing funding to above 400 billion in line with UNESCO requirement.
During your campaigns to Edo, you promised to fix Benin-Ore and you have started that through the award of that road to Reynolds construction co and Borini.
You have also fixed IHOVBOR power plant all in one year.

You promised to make Onitsha the hub of commercial activities in Nigeria and you have started that with the commissioning of the Onitsha ports and the award of engineering designs for the construction of a new Niger Bridge. At IMO state, you assured them of your resolve to complete Owerri-Onitsha road and you have done just that.

At Aba, you promised to Refurbish Alaoji power station and you have done just that adding over 300 MW to the national grid. You have also reopened the NNPC depot boosting economic activities in Aba again.

In Enugu, you promised to remodel and reconstruct the Enugu international airport and you re doing just that. You also promised to fix Enugu-Onitsha-Enugu and Enugu-PORTHARCOURT.
While you have re-awarded Enugu-Onitsha under the SURE P, we still believe and expect that Enugu-Portharcout will be done before the expiration of your tenure given the assurances of your minister of works.
That notwithstanding, you have refurbished the 9th mile express which is a major gateway to the East from North.

In Kogi, you promised to fix Auchi-Okene, Abuja-Lokoja highways. You have given Auchi-Okene to Setraco to handle. Abuja-Lokoja which was abandoned has been re awarded under SURE P.
you have also refurbished GEREGU power plants .

With all these alone, I rate him 75% already. It takes a bloody liar to rate him lower
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by damola57: 12:33pm On Sep 10, 2012
Just like a lizard should jump down from a tree and be nodding the head. Jona is a drunk. Am not surprise.
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by HumbleServant(m): 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2012
Bros u too try, i salute u.
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by chucky234(m): 12:45pm On Sep 10, 2012
StarBoard: Pathetic self-assessment.
It's sickening when someone needs to assess himself in the overall light of the general situation in the country.
How this fella got a Ph.D is beyond me really.Are we sure he didn't award it to himself, based on the original post?
Na Zoology Ph.D na,no competition for their class that time na him make am fit pass,but nobody know whether na PASS him take graduate sha.
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by miccheck57: 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2012
jmaine: The high pass mark on Electoral processes and power supply are easily visible & justified . . . .

But yet, it still doesn't equate to fulfilling all electoral promises he made. Though the aforementioned good ratings are bedrocks to any society who desires meaningful uplift in her affairs

With all due respect sir, pls shut up...... Which mumu electoral reforms?.... The fact that u av constant electricity supply doesn't mean others do
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by HumbleServant(m): 12:47pm On Sep 10, 2012
HumbleServant: Bros u too try, i salute u.
Make we dey greet oga Jona, so dat he can help Nigeria swallow BIG FISH
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Dee60: 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2012
Time will tell.
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 10, 2012

watchout for the 40 man laptop guys! Dem don come again o!

WHERE THE HELL IS BEAF!!!!
Re: Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance by jmaine: 12:57pm On Sep 10, 2012
miccheck57:

With all due respect sir, pls shut up...... Which mumu electoral reforms?.... The fact that u av constant electricity supply doesn't mean others do

My post says Electoral processes and an ediot responded otherwise . . .

Rearrange yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Magu's Rejection An Attemt To Undermine Anti-corruption War - Transparency Int'l / "Martin Elechi, The Elder With Reproach" - Ebonyi Government Slams Ex Governor / Lagos Election: Sanwo-olu Wins At Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.