Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (880755 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 4:13pm On Sep 10, 2013
mamaoge: Hello Docs in the house!
I just did a pelvic scan which showed I have multiple fibroids. This is not news to me cos I have always known. The scan was only a prerequisite for the commencement of a fibroid nature cure therapy I have subscribed to.

My concern is that the result also shows 'obliterated Pouch of Douglas'. I simply want to know the implication of this. Ive searched the net but have not got a definite interpretation. Somebody should please help. Thank you.

N.B: Sorry I had to repeat this as it had not been attended to. Someone should please respond. Thank you

Do not bother about the implications.Just go ahead with ur fibroid nature cure therapy and that should take care of it.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mamatwins: 9:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
Hello Docs,
Been trying to conceive for over a year now,been diagnosed off and on of high prolactin,Have used Bromegon for like 2years now off and on,also taken clomid twice with no effect.I had another hormonal test this week,I hope you can help interpret the test result
FSH 2.530,LH 10.47,PROLACTIN 1020.00,PROGESTERONE 21.77. This test was taken on the 21st day of my cycle.Also which day of the cycle is best to take the test,am kinda confused.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mamaoge: 12:12pm On Sep 11, 2013
infogenius:

Do not bother about the implications.Just go ahead with ur fibroid nature cure therapy and that should take care of it.

Thanks infogenius.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Furitfulme: 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2013
doctor, i have taking time to read your responses to peoples health challenges. but pls, my mc ranges from 28 to 53, it has never being regular right from time, my mp lastfo 7 day too and i also do not know when i ovulate. this is killing as i do not know when my period comes, when ovulating, and no pregnancy to show in 3 years of marriage and i do not even get wet for sex.
i went for test with my husband, the test showed high proclatin which has being corrected and my husband has been taking proceed plus for 5 months now. what do we do?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Julieni: 5:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
Doctors in d aus, please i have been ttc after M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ first and last ssingle shot of depo, and i missed M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ period Fø̲̣̣я̅ 5months, no̝̊̅ώ, its 2 month since M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ perod came back.

Just wonderng if there are good fertility pills you can prescribe to hasten M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ chances of getting pregnant, please help!!!

Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 12, 2013
debby999: [color=#006600]Dear doc, thank you for answering all these questions, may God bless you richly

Am 29 and married. Had my first baby at 2012 Through C.S because my BP was a bit high.
then after three month of delivery i had my period for two months, it lasted only two days and it was scanty too
After Then i have not seen it again. i went to see a gyn and she gave me coc pils.Because she refused to tell me what it does i did not take it.

You should have taken the pills.The pills were given to you to enable you regulate your periods and breakthrough bleeding.

debby999: [color=#006600

Few days ago i started having a gummy discharge i used to have anytime am ovulating.

note: when i was pregnat i was not eating well cos i lost appetite
which continued after delivery, i got to slim dat my bosom milk did not lactate, even though my boy was sucking contionously, but when i pressed it nothing came out. please i want another baby as my boy has grown big.
thank you!
am re-ganing the lost weight now even though it still remaning, but am eating well. another month has past no period. pls answer me Doc. i thank God for you!

I do not know ur definition of eating well.Do u eat foods that enhances fertility? There are various reasons why you have not seen ur periods lately and above all includes stress and possible hormonal imbalance.

But on the other side, other factors could be low body weight, low body fat percentage, very low calorie or fat intake, emotional stress, strenuous exercise or an underlying medical conditions and illnesses.

I want u to consider these and improve on ur lifestyle or c a doc for proper evaluation.
i thought it was for family planning, when i asked he walked out, i keept it so i can ask what it does.
pls can i still take ita? i still have it. should i aslo take vitamin b6?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 12, 2013
debby999: [color=#006600]Dear doc, thank you for answering all these questions, may God bless you richly

Am 29 and married. Had my first baby at 2012 Through C.S because my BP was a bit high.
then after three month of delivery i had my period for two months, it lasted only two days and it was scanty too
After Then i have not seen it again. i went to see a gyn and she gave me coc pils.Because she refused to tell me what it does i did not take it.

You should have taken the pills.The pills were given to you to enable you regulate your periods and breakthrough bleeding.

debby999: [color=#006600

Few days ago i started having a gummy discharge i used to have anytime am ovulating.

note: when i was pregnat i was not eating well cos i lost appetite
which continued after delivery, i got to slim dat my bosom milk did not lactate, even though my boy was sucking contionously, but when i pressed it nothing came out. please i want another baby as my boy has grown big.
thank you!
am re-ganing the lost weight now even though it still remaning, but am eating well. another month has past no period. pls answer me Doc. i thank God for you!

I do not know ur definition of eating well.Do u eat foods that enhances fertility? There are various reasons why you have not seen ur periods lately and above all includes stress and possible hormonal imbalance.

But on the other side, other factors could be low body weight, low body fat percentage, very low calorie or fat intake, emotional stress, strenuous exercise or an underlying medical conditions and illnesses.

I want u to consider these and improve on ur lifestyle or c a doc for proper evaluation.
i thought it was for family planning, when i asked he walked out, i keept it so i can ask what it does.
pls can i still take it? i still have it. should i aslo take vitamin b6?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mamatwins: 8:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
mamatwins: Hello Docs,
Been trying to conceive for over a year now,been diagnosed off and on of high prolactin,Have used Bromegon for like 2years now off and on,also taken clomid twice with no effect.I had another hormonal test this week,I hope you can help interpret the test result
FSH 2.530,LH 10.47,PROLACTIN 1020.00,PROGESTERONE 21.77. This test was taken on the 21st day of my cycle.Also which day of the cycle is best to take the test,am kinda confused.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by michealismenton: 6:25am On Sep 13, 2013
may God bless u doctor. Pls doc pertaining2 my abnormal menstrual flow due 2 d D&C i had 9months ago, u prescribd dat i tak i shud take vitex supliment. Wen i went 2get it, dey askd me which type of vitex and i was speechles becos i dont knw there types. Plz doc which kind of vitex suppliment do i nid 2regularize my flow? Tanx am 22yrs old. Does it hav any side effect?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Chyvy(f): 6:47pm On Sep 13, 2013
Chyvy: Hello Doc, I've been having pain on my left lower abdomen. I'd also been feeling feverish (had malaria). I also recently started producing milk when I'm not pregnant. I'd also treated UTI last two weeks (I've bn on honeymoon). I saw a doc who requested for a abdominal and pelvic scan and d result is as follows:

Abdomen:
Few slightly dilated calcyges in Lt renal medulla with slight pain/tenderness over it.
No calculus seen within
Outlines are smooth
Respiratory mobility is seen
Measuring 101 x 58 x 24mm on d Rt
102 x 56 x 23mm on Lt
Corticomedullary diff + central sinus echoes are maintained
No adrenal mass, ascites, or calculus or peeirenal collection is seen

Liver is normal measuring 129mm in Rt mid clancular line
Mobile with resp and homogenously normal

Spleen is 90mm in its longest dimension
Homogenously normal in echotexture
Smooth in outlines
Respiratory mobility normal
Stomach and intestines seen within V/S limits

Pelvic:
Uterus anteverted smooth in outlines
Measures 47 x 36 x 44mm
Cavity empty
Myometrium homogenous in echopattern
Bilateral cystic adnexal masses
Measuring 40 x 13 x 20 on d Rt being L x Ap x width
30 x 28 x 31 on d 10:01:23 PM being L x hts x width
The left has a septum within it
POD and Adnexae are free

Pls Doc, what does this mean? Pls reply

Pls Doc, I haven't been attended to. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by derrygee(f): 8:30pm On Sep 13, 2013
Doc pls help me clarify dis cos am really confused.I discovered that after I took folic acid and calcium.I coul not feel any sign of pregnancy again I was 5wks gone.I need to be sure if Dats wat caused d miscarriage.so as to avoid anoda occurence.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by magarchi: 9:52am On Sep 14, 2013
From 38 weeks ı started takıng long walks mornıng and evenıng hopıng to trıgger labour wıth lots of house chores but to no avaıl. my EDD ıs tomorrow and labour has refused to start. My doctor ıs begınnıng to talk ınductıon and ı dont want to go through that procedure. A frıend told me to use castor oıl, pls doc ıs castor oıl effectıve ın trıggerıng labour and does ıt have sıde effects
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ceira(f): 3:08pm On Sep 14, 2013
Hi doc......i took some drugs(''taravid'' and ''diflucan'') in july n truout d month of august,i ddnt c my period n evn nw n am nt pregnant....ps wt cn i do??
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 8:22am On Sep 16, 2013
Furitfulme: doctor, i have taking time to read your responses to peoples health challenges. but pls, my mc ranges from 28 to 53, it has never being regular right from time, my mp lastfo 7 day too and i also do not know when i ovulate.this is killing as i do not know when my period comes, when ovulating, and no pregnancy to show in 3 years of marriage and i do not even get wet for sex.
i went for test with my husband, the test showed high proclatin which has being corrected and my husband has been taking proceed plus for 5 months now. what do we do?

Pls could you tell me what you took in correcting your prolactin.I will advice that your hubby runs another fluid test to know his level of improvement.
For you, you will have to correct your irregular periods by supplementation and eating healthy fertility boosting foods.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 8:29am On Sep 16, 2013
Julieni: Doctors in d aus, please i have been ttc after M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ first and last ssingle shot of depo, and i missed M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ period Fø̲̣̣я̅ 5months, no̝̊̅ώ, its 2 month since M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ perod came back.

Just wonderng if there are good fertility pills you can prescribe to hasten M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ chances of getting pregnant, please help!!!

Thank you

If your periods are ok, then eat fertility boosting foods and take prenatals.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 8:30am On Sep 16, 2013
michealismenton: may God bless u doctor. Pls doc pertaining2 my abnormal menstrual flow due 2 d D&C i had 9months ago, u prescribd dat i tak i shud take vitex supliment. Wen i went 2get it, dey askd me which type of vitex and i was speechles becos i dont knw there types. Plz doc which kind of vitex suppliment do i nid 2regularize my flow? Tanx am 22yrs old. Does it hav any side effect?

Vitex chasteberry.It has no side effects I know of.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 8:51am On Sep 16, 2013
@chyvy
Sorry for answering late,
Everything viewed is normal,
the cyst sighted will disappear overtime.
Nothing to worry about.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 8:53am On Sep 16, 2013
derrygee: Doc pls help me clarify dis cos am really confused.I discovered that after I took folic acid and calcium.I coul not feel any sign of pregnancy again I was 5wks gone.I need to be sure if Dats wat caused d miscarriage.so as to avoid anoda occurence.

Hey, did a dr confirm ur miscarriage.Pls say only good things to urself.If u eventually have a miscarriage then your mouth did it.Pls see a dr.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 8:55am On Sep 16, 2013
magarchi: From 38 weeks ı started takıng long walks mornıng and evenıng hopıng to trıgger labour wıth lots of house chores but to no avaıl. my EDD ıs tomorrow and labour has refused to start. My doctor ıs begınnıng to talk ınductıon and ı dont want to go through that procedure. A frıend told me to use castor oıl, pls doc ıs castor oıl effectıve ın trıggerıng labour and does ıt have sıde effects

Congratulations.I believe you have put to bed.What day is the naming?
Do not worry, labour will start soon.Just relax and be urself.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by janita: 2:39pm On Sep 16, 2013
good day doctors in the house, pls I will like to find out if a fibroid surgery can be done immediately after a cs. Thank u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DaKing007(m): 2:08am On Sep 17, 2013
janita: good day doctors in the house, pls I will like to find out if a fibroid surgery can be done immediately after a cs. Thank u
During CS, the uterus is brought out and its contents( fetus, fabroid) are emptied bf the end of d operation. YES
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by magarchi: 8:36am On Sep 17, 2013
infogenius:

Congratulations.I believe you have put to bed.What day is the naming?
Do not worry, labour will start soon.Just relax and be urself.

Doc, ı stıll haven't delıvered and am really worrıed.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by maryblinks(f): 9:33am On Sep 17, 2013
Dr am vry happy to be in this forum as i've tried many times to post on dis forum bt today am oportune so am happy. Pls Dr, am 20yrs and am having an irregular menstrual circle and it's getting me sick n worried. I pls help me cos am dying inside of me.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 11:18am On Sep 17, 2013
maryblinks: Dr am vry happy to be in this forum as i've tried many times to post on dis forum bt today am oportune so am happy. Pls Dr, am 20yrs and am having an irregular menstrual circle and it's getting me sick n worried. I pls help me cos am dying inside of me.
U're welcome into dis great community.Sis,can u tell me what u weigh & ur height?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 11:29am On Sep 17, 2013
magarchi:

Doc, ı stıll haven't delıvered and am really worrıed.
y d worry?u'll labour anytime soon.it may even take a few more days.u'll b ok.Wishing u a safe delivery.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by janita: 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2013
@daking007 thanks for the info. Can I get your email add, I have to other questions I want to ask
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Creamychi(f): 10:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
hello doctor,i wud like to knw d cause of seeing m.p just once.am suppose to start my m.p ystrdy but i noticed that i just had a light discharge which was nt much@all.pls help me cos since ysrdy hv nt seen again
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Creamychi(f): 10:20pm On Sep 17, 2013
i do hv irregular periods like span of over 44days,what can i use to correct it. Thanks,my height is 167.5cm, weight 68kg
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DaKing007(m): 8:54am On Sep 18, 2013
janita: @daking007 thanks for the info. Can I get your email add, I have to other questions I want to ask
Davidking936@yahoo.com
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by maryblinks(f): 12:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
thanks to u doc, i weigh 61kg and my height is 162.5cm.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 12:49pm On Sep 18, 2013
@ creamy chi and Maryblinks
You are normal weight for your height.Pls run an hormonal assay on cd3,
Or if you can lay hands on fertility blend. That should help.

Also pls eat more of veggies,fruits and more proteins less carbs.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by filcast(m): 5:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
Hello Doc, my cousin conceived while on yeast medication (Diflucan and ciproflaxine).She found out and stopped the treatment but that was after she had taken the single dose Diflucan (150mg) and 7 tablets of 500mg cipro. She is fine and about 5 weeks on now but I just want to get your opinion. Regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.