Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,624 members, 7,955,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:37 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (895373 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by shithapuns: 6:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
hello doc.. i hv been noticing something 4 a while now, when i suck my dw n,ipple.s... i get a little aftertaste in my mouth...defintely not milk..but something not too pleasant...just cant descibe it...but physically no fluid comes out from the Tip.s .....has any1 experienced anything like this b4?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dahmeyjay: 1:56pm On Aug 23, 2013
Hello Doc, whenever I have sex with my guy I always experience pain in my private part thus making me not to enjoy it. pls wat is d cause of this and hw can I correct it. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Julbu(m): 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2013
Please does right ovarian mass prevent pregnancy.i ve been ttc for over a year
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by callola: 6:31pm On Aug 23, 2013
Pls doc in the house, i have been xperiencing egg white discharge every week all thru my cycle. I noticed it in april this year and i saw the discharge for 2wks non stop. I met my doc but he could not offer any solutions. Pls, i dnt knw if its affecting my chances of conceiving cos am ttc. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by marieclassic: 8:00am On Aug 24, 2013
Doc, I most coment u all for the nice work u re doin to restore good health. I ven't since my period for 3yrs now. I went for a hormonal imbalance test like 2yrs ago n I was diagnosed wit hyperprolactimia. I also ve lactation on my breast. I was given bromocriptine but the side effect disturbed me a lot. I was weak n havin neasea so someone introduced me to vitex. Pls I need ur advice urgently. Thanks n God bless u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by swtme(f): 11:27am On Aug 24, 2013
Doctor I commend u 4 d grt work u av bn doing, tnx so much n I pray that d gud lord will grant u all ur heart desires n also strengthen u.
I am 26 yrs old n a mother of 2 girls n I gave birth 2 them thru CS,d first one in d yr 2007 cos her heart beat was getting low so they had to do an urgent CS, she weighed 4.5kg.I did d second CS in d yr 2011 b4 I fell into labour cos I had a ghastly motor accident in 2010 i broke my leg n did a surgery so cos of d implant I had in my leg( which I still av now)I was advised 2 do d CS she weighed3.8.
The question now is that can I still av a normal delivery n even if I am gonna do a CS at what age do u think its not advisable 4 me 2 do it?tnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 12:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
@all,I'll attend to your questions shortly.I've been very busy lately.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Eumaca: 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
Pls doc, I started bleeding on my CD14, it started little for a whole day before it came flowing heavily for the next three days. My doctor gave me Primolut to be taken for 7 days(twice daily). On the fifth day I had serious migraine so I discontinued. Two days later on CD25, I started bleeding again.
I am really confused now. I don't even know which one to count as CD1 as this is the third time I m bleeding this month, 1st, 14th, 25th. The doctor said I don't have fibroid . What could be the cause? And I need to get pregnant.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bcolah(f): 10:08pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hmmm, I've been ttc for a couple of months now. Did blood work, 'twas fine, hsg was fine too. Dh had zero sperm count and high fsh 33.890 and lh 16.78, total testosterone 3.08, prolactin 158.30.

Recently, I had severe cramps after my period for like 5 days and watery discharge. Did a scan and was told PID was likely.
Don't know if my PID infected dh. Could it be the reason for his no sperm count too.
Yet to do hvs though.

Would appreciate ur response

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omodara2: 11:07am On Aug 27, 2013
hello doctor,
i am five month pregnant and i ave been having discharge which scratches me whenever i am stained and its like watery substance. I was given mycoten to be using on it. Right now i used sanitary pad so that the discharge wont touch me body and to prevent inching.
please does dis ave any effect on the baby in the womb.
thanks. earnestly waiting for respond.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Mamabugi(f): 12:05pm On Aug 27, 2013
kathyekiti: Hello,
I am an ob/gyn in private practice in NY.  I will be willing to answer Ob/Gyn questions with the normal perfunctory disclaimer.  Thank you Dr. Balogun and Naijaking for this great idea.

4/21/2009
It has been over a year since I started on this thread.  I would like to thank all of you for allowing me the opportunity to help my own with the skills I have learnt in a foreign land.  You all have been more than gracious with your blessings, thanks, and prayers.  This being said, I am not here everyday.  This is work I do pro bono on my own time.  I am in a busy private practice and I try to answer questions as soon as possible.  Please refrain from follow up posts asking why I have not responded.  Thank you so so much
7/3/09
I thoroughly enjoy helping however, although I have asked politely, several posters are still repeating their posts.  It makes the thread longer than it needs to be.  Henceforth, I will not reply any posts that are repeated within a week.  Thank you and I look forward to helping you
plz i am a young gal nt married,my signs 4 mesratn changed n dis tym around my bust ir grnwn big n it's painful. I dnt knw if it is nomal? N av nt yet seen my meses,bt at d corner.tnx 4 ur cntributn.

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bibinwaka: 5:32pm On Aug 27, 2013
doctor, am in a fist. 4d past 2mths i hav bn seeing my menses 2wice in a mth.
wat do i do, is it normal?
am ttc my 3rd baby, pls reply asap. thx.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Creamychi(f): 11:22pm On Aug 27, 2013
Doctor,i want to say your type is a one in a million...i ant to say a big thank you for the wonderful job you have been doing through this thread...the lord will bless and increase in you ijn..
Here goes my question...i want to when it is appropriate time to go for test such as hormonal assay test,is it after mc or before mc in other to have a reliable result?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nweike1: 6:09pm On Aug 28, 2013
Dahmeyjay: Hello Doc, whenever I have sex with my guy I always experience pain in my private part thus making me not to enjoy it. pls wat is d cause of this and hw can I correct it. Thanks

Causes of superficial dyspareun ia include vaginitis such as candida vulvovaginitis, vaginismus, scarring from previous surgeries such as repair of episiotomy, colporrhaphy, or simply from inadequate pre-intimacy before intercourse.
Causes of deep dyspareunia include endometriosis, pelvic masses like fibroids, pelvic inflammatory disease/ pelvic infection.
Go and see ur gynaecologist, so he can diagnose the problem and offer appropriate treatment
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nweike1: 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2013
Julbu: Please does right ovarian mass prevent pregnancy.i ve been ttc for over a year

Not typically, except it is a hormone secreting tumor such as a virilizing ovarian tumor which is very rare. Or if it is an endometrioma. Nevertheless, its essential u have a scan done to characterize the type of mass and its dimensions, that is whether simple/complex cyst, bilateral or not, papillary excrescenses on surface or not, ascites etc whoch could suggest a malignancy. Your gynae can better advise u on the next line of action based on the type of mass it is.
Note, could be a functional, benign or malignant cyst
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nweike1: 6:32pm On Aug 28, 2013
$wtme:
Doctor I commend u 4 d grt work u av bn doing, tnx so much n I pray that d gud lord will grant u all ur heart desires n also strengthen u.
I am 26 yrs old n a mother of 2 girls n I gave birth 2 them thru CS,d first one in d yr 2007 cos her heart beat was getting low so they had to do an urgent CS, she weighed 4.5kg.I did d second CS in d yr 2011 b4 I fell into labour cos I had a ghastly motor accident in 2010 i broke my leg n did a surgery so cos of d implant I had in my leg( which I still av now)I was advised 2 do d CS she weighed3.8.
The question now is that can I still av a normal delivery n even if I am gonna do a CS at what age do

u think its not advisable 4 me 2 do it?tnx
As per normal delivery, its not advisable because of the risk of uterine rupture, which most times claims the life of baby, may lead to death of the mother or during the surgery, the fallopian tubes are tied (meaning u cant concieve again) or the uterus is removed altogether if the tear ia much. An elective cs at term, or at least at 36 weeks, before the onset of labour is advisable
U can start trying for another baby now I.e. as its 3 years since ur last delivery

Also u need to be screened during pregnancy for gestational diabetes mellitus with a 1 hour 50 g glucose challenge test when u are 24 to 28 weeks pregnant, in view of the weight of ur first baby
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nweike1: 7:23pm On Aug 28, 2013
Eumaca: Pls doc, I started bleeding on my CD14, it started little for a whole day before it came flowing heavily for the next three days. My doctor gave me Primolut to be taken for 7 days(twice daily). On the fifth day I had serious migraine so I discontinued. Two days later on CD25, I started bleeding again.
I am really confused now. I don't even know which one to count as CD1 as this is the third time I m bleeding this month, 1st, 14th, 25th. The doctor said I don't have fibroid . What could be the cause? And I need to get pregnant.
Common causes of intermenstrual bleeding include a submucous fibroid or endometrial polyp. It may also overlap with causes of post coital bleeding ( bleeding after sex) which include chronic cervicitis, cervical erosion, cervical polyp etc it could also be due to a midcycle estradiol surge (but its unlikely based on ur description). Get a transvaginal scan done and let ur gynae examine ur cervix.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by obeyyourhealth(m): 4:40am On Aug 29, 2013
SYMPTOMS AND TREATMENT OF TUBERCULOSIS.

Tuberculosis can affect anyone and anywhere. It is
estimated that approximately 1/3 of the world's
population has been infected by mycobacterium
tuberculosis. Currently, tuberculosis is the third largest
cause of death after cardiovascular disease and
respiratory disease. Tuberculosis is a disease of the
biggest causes of death in the group of infectious
diseases. Until now, tuberculosis remains a global health
problem and foremost.

How Tuberculosis is contracted

Tuberculosis is an infectious disease cause by
mycobacterium tuberculosis germ. Tuberculosis (TB) is
transmitted through the air (through the spark sputum
tuberculosis patients). When people with TB cough,
sneeze, talk or spit, they sprinkle the tuberculosis
bacteria into the air. A person can be exposed by
inhaling the bacteria,a small number of tuberculosis
germs can infect someone. In children the source of
infection is generally derived from adult patients with TB.Patients with tuberculosis with status of positive acid-fastbacilli can infect at least 10 to 15 people every year.
These bacteria when frequently entered and
accumulated in the lungs, will develop well into a lot and
can be spread through blood vessels or lymph nodes.
Therefore, infection of TB can infect virtually all body
organs like the lungs, brain, kidney, gastrointestinal
tract, bone, lymph nodes, and others. The Organs often
infected with tuberculosis bacteria is the lungs.
Someone who is infected with TB germs do not
necessarily become ill. Tuberculosis germs can become
inactive (dormant) for many years to form a cell wall in
the form of a thick layer of wax. When a person's
immune system declines, likely contracted the illness
tuberculosis becomes greater.

Tuberculosis symptoms

The main symptoms of patients with tuberculosis are
coughing up phlegm for 2 to 3 weeks or more. Cough
followed by additional symptoms of phlegm mixed with
blood, coughing up blood, shortness of breath, body
weakness, decreased appetite, weight loss, malaise,
night sweats without physical activity, fever more than 1
month. These symptoms can also be found in lung
diseases other than tuberculosis, such as bronchitis,
asthma, lung cancer and others.

How to Tuberculosis Test

In children, tuberculin test is most useful examination to
show whether the child is infected with mycobacterium
tuberculosis. But it is often done with Monteux test.
Monteux test injection site is generally on the upper half
left forearm. It is injected into the skin and in wait for 48
~ 72 hours in measuring the diameter of the swelling
that occurs.

Treatment of tuberculosis

Treatment of tuberculosis lasts long(6-9 months) even
more than that. Patients with tuberculosis can be cured
by taking drugs completely and regularly and to improve
the immune system with good nutrition and regular
exercise.

For More Information, kindly visit
www.obeyyourhealth..com

Follow us on Twitter:www.twitter.com/obeyyourhealth

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/obeyyourhealth

HEALTH IS WEALTH.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 5:30am On Aug 29, 2013
marieclassic: Doc, I most coment u all for the nice work u re doin to restore good health. I ven't since my period for 3yrs now. I went for a hormonal imbalance test like 2yrs ago n I was diagnosed wit hyperprolactimia. I also ve lactation on my breast. I was given bromocriptine but the side effect disturbed me a lot. I was weak n havin neasea so someone introduced me to vitex. Pls I need ur advice urgently. Thanks n God bless u

Vitex can help too.But I will also add that you improve ur intake of vegies especially ewedu and vit b6.Get fertility blend as it also contains vitex.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 5:32am On Aug 29, 2013
callola: Pls doc in the house, i have been xperiencing egg white discharge every week all thru my cycle. I noticed it in april this year and i saw the discharge for 2wks non stop. I met my doc but he could not offer any solutions. Pls, i dnt knw if its affecting my chances of conceiving cos am ttc. Thanks

What symptoms did you notice that accompanied the discharge?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 5:50am On Aug 29, 2013
bibinwaka: doctor, am in a fist. 4d past 2mths i hav bn seeing my menses 2wice in a mth.
wat do i do, is it normal?
am ttc my 3rd baby, pls reply asap. thx.

It is not normal since it had not been so from the beginning.
But you will need to see a doc.It may be an indication of sexually transmitted
infections such as Gonorrhea (condition referred to as PID) that have caused the inflation of the uterus.
And sometimes the cause is not too clear.You will have to c a doc for proper diagnoses.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MarJuly(f): 10:40am On Aug 29, 2013
Hello doctor in the house, i want to know if there are any other tests a ttc woman should go for apart from Hormonal Assay, HSG and Follicular tracking scan. Cheers
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bibinwaka: 10:48am On Aug 29, 2013
thx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Beelie: 5:48pm On Aug 30, 2013
Good evening Dr.
I took clomid from cd3 for 5days. I had a folicular cyst (2.0cm x 2.1cm)before I started the clomid. I went for a scan to monitor my ovulation. below is the result of the scan.
Uterus Normal size, Anteverted
Empty cavity with endometrial linning measuring 7mm
No gestational sac seen. No fibroids.

Uninary Bladder. Uniformly filled, Normal outline, No stones, No mass.

Adnexae/POD Free, No Mass, no fluid collection
RIGHT OVARY 14.3mmx20.3mm, 13.9mmx 10.3mm, 13.2mm x 15.8mm, 17.9mm x 75.5mm.
LEFT OVARY. 13.5mm x 12.7mm, 14.1mm x 15.1mm, 18.7mm x 15.4mm.

From my scan;
Pls how many eggs will i release?
Can both ovaries release eggs?
Is the 7mm thickness good enough for implatation?
Is the thickness going to increase or does it decrease towards ovulation and after?
I begged my Dr i want hcg triger(read about it online) and he said i dont need he but later prescribed it. He asked me to take it this evening or tomorrow.
Pls based on my scan, when is the best time for me to take the hcg trigger?
When am i to ovulate ?
i don't normally have ovulation signs, and was thinking i donot ovulate, and that was why i went for the monitoring
Thank u very much. God bless u.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by eigenstate: 9:04am On Aug 31, 2013
pls How effective is Postinor 2 taken at once, i mean the 2 tablets taken as a single dose?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by callola: 12:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
infogenius:

What symptoms did you notice that accompanied the discharge?
no symptoms
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Beelie: 3:13pm On Aug 31, 2013
Beelie: Good evening Dr.
I took clomid from cd3 for 5days. I had a folicular cyst (2.0cm x 2.1cm)before I started the clomid. I went for a scan to monitor my ovulation. below is the result of the scan.
Uterus Normal size, Anteverted
Empty cavity with endometrial linning measuring 7mm
No gestational sac seen. No fibroids.

Uninary Bladder. Uniformly filled, Normal outline, No stones, No mass.

Adnexae/POD Free, No Mass, no fluid collection
RIGHT OVARY 14.3mmx20.3mm, 13.9mmx 10.3mm, 13.2mm x 15.8mm, 17.9mm x 75.5mm.
LEFT OVARY. 13.5mm x 12.7mm, 14.1mm x 15.1mm, 18.7mm x 15.4mm.

Dr. Pls u have not attended to my question. Pls help me.

From my scan;
Pls how many eggs will i release?
Can both ovaries release eggs?
Is the 7mm thickness good enough for implatation?
Is the thickness going to increase or does it decrease towards ovulation and after?
I begged my Dr i want hcg triger(read about it online) and he said i dont need he but later prescribed it. He asked me to take it this evening or tomorrow.
Pls based on my scan, when is the best time for me to take the hcg trigger?
When am i to ovulate ?
i don't normally have ovulation signs, and was thinking i donot ovulate, and that was why i went for the monitoring
Thank u very much. God bless u.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olasmith10(m): 5:55pm On Sep 01, 2013
visit us at Devine medical diagnostics and ultrasounds
Here at Devine medical diagnostics, we offer a wide range of medical diagnostic sonography which includes but not limited to:
1.TRANSVAGINAL PELVIC ( GYNECOLOGY) ULTRASOUND
2.TRANSABDOMINAL PELVIC (GYNECOLOGY) ULTRASOUND
3.TRANSVAGINAL OBSTETRICS ULTRASOUND
4.TRANSABDOMINAL OBSTETRICS ULTRASOUND
5.TRANS RECTAL PROSTATE ULTRASOUND
6.TRANSABDOMINAL PROSTATE ULTRASOUND
7.THYROID ULTRASOUND
8.BREAST ULTRASOUND
9.TESTICULAR ULTRASOUND
10.SONOHYSTEROGRAPHY
11.FOLLICULOMETRY/INFERTILITY ULTRASOUND

Also, even if you have your own ultrasound machine, we can be of immeasurable service to you in;
1.ULTRASOUND TRAINING OF ALL CADRES OF STAFF
2.3D/4D ULTRASOUND TRAINING
3.CONSULTANCY SERVICES IN SETTING UP AND EQUIPPING OF DIAGNOSTIC CENTERS NATIONWIDE
4.SECOND OPINION ON DIFFICULT ULTRASOUND CASES.

ALL WE NEED TO CONVINCE YOU SIR/MADAM IS JUST ONE PATIENT! PLEASE GIVE US THE OPPORTUNITY AND COMPARE US ONLY WITH THE BEST, THEN BE THE JUDGE!!

ADDRESS: 35 BEACHLAND ROAD, BESIDE JEDIDAH SCHOOL, AREPO LAGOS- IBADAN EXPRESSWAY

PHONE::08074661732

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by just4francisca: 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2013
doc. Pls am very greatful to meet u here. Am a young woman. There is this pain i normally ve in my lower abdomen most especially when am menstrating, and during that period if i wnt to go to toilet is a problem it will look as if my private part 'll pull. But after d menstruation its will disappear. But d problem now is that am not menstrating and dat same pain just came for d past 4days now, and i was suppose to see my period may be on d 4th or so of september. Because of that i hard to purchase accurate for pregnancy test to check if am pregnant
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by just4francisca: 6:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
doc. Pls am very greatful to meet u here. Am a young woman. There is this pain i normally ve in my lower abdomen most especially when am menstrating, and during that period if i wnt to go to toilet is a problem it will look as if my private part 'll pull off. But after d menstruation stops its will disappear. So the problem now is that am not menstrating and dat same pain just came for d past 4days now, and i was suppose to see my period may be on d 4th or so of september. Because of that i hard to purchase accurate for pregnancy test to check if am pregnant but it shows negative. Pls doc. Can u tell me what could cause that? thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by just4francisca: 6:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
just4francisca: doc. Pls am very greatful to meet u here. Am a young woman. There is this pain i normally ve in my lower abdomen most especially when am menstrating, and during that period if i wnt to go to toilet is a problem it will look as if my private part 'll pull. But after d menstruation its will disappear. But d problem now is that am not menstrating and dat same pain just came for d past 4days now, and i was suppose to see my period may be on d 4th or so of september. Because of that i hard to purchase accurate for pregnancy test to check if am pregnant
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by just4francisca: 9:16pm On Sep 01, 2013
doc. Pls am very greatful to meet u here. Am a young woman. There is this pain i normally ve in my lower abdomen most especially when am menstrating, and during that period if i wnt to go to toilet is a problem it will look as if my private part 'll pull off. But after d menstruation stops its will disappear. So the problem now is that am not menstrating and dat same pain just came for d past 4days now, and i was suppose to see my period may be on d 4th or so of september. Because of that i hard to purchase accurate for pregnancy test to check if am pregnant but it shows negative. Pls doc. Can u tell me what could cause that? thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.