Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,113 members, 7,838,820 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (881867 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mamaoge: 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hello Docs in the house!
I just did a pelvic scan which showed I have multiple fibroids. This is not news to me cos I have always known. The scan was only a prerequisite for the commencement of a fibroid nature cure therapy I have subscribed to.

My concern is that the result also shows 'obliterated Pouch of Douglas'. I simply want to know the implication of this. Ive searched the net but have not got a definite interpretation. Somebody should please help. Thank you. kiss
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2013
Mar July: Hello doctor in the house, i want to know if there are any other tests a ttc woman should go for apart from Hormonal Assay, HSG and Follicular tracking scan. Cheers

Pls see attachment in my sig.I hope this will help.

@all, I'm a bit busy will reply ur posts soonest.Thanks.

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 3:11pm On Sep 02, 2013
Pls doc, my period is rushing seriously and it comes in a clothing way.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:23am On Sep 03, 2013
low systolic blood pressure and normal diastolic after my last child.pls doctor explain.it has since remain like that y
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by onose01(f): 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2013
Hello Doc. Thanks 4 ur help on dis forum. I hv bn TTC for abt 10 months now 2 no avail. Pls can u prescribe good fertility drugs/vitamins that i can purchase here in nigeria? Any other advice will b appreciated.
Thanks a bunch.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by alvinapee: 4:40pm On Sep 04, 2013
Hello doctor just to know am a new mum ma 3month baby is teeting can I use bonababe and paracetamol for her n teeting powder?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mamud3: 6:42pm On Sep 04, 2013
please dr, wat are the suppliment for
ovarian cyst
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Chyvy(f): 10:03pm On Sep 05, 2013
Hello Doc, I've been having pain on my left lower abdomen. I'd also been feeling feverish (had malaria). I also recently started producing milk when I'm not pregnant. I'd also treated UTI last two weeks (I've bn on honeymoon). I saw a doc who requested for a abdominal and pelvic scan and d result is as follows:

Abdomen:
Few slightly dilated calcyges in Lt renal medulla with slight pain/tenderness over it.
No calculus seen within
Outlines are smooth
Respiratory mobility is seen
Measuring 101 x 58 x 24mm on d Rt
102 x 56 x 23mm on Lt
Corticomedullary diff + central sinus echoes are maintained
No adrenal mass, ascites, or calculus or peeirenal collection is seen

Liver is normal measuring 129mm in Rt mid clancular line
Mobile with resp and homogenously normal

Spleen is 90mm in its longest dimension
Homogenously normal in echotexture
Smooth in outlines
Respiratory mobility normal
Stomach and intestines seen within V/S limits

Pelvic:
Uterus anteverted smooth in outlines
Measures 47 x 36 x 44mm
Cavity empty
Myometrium homogenous in echopattern
Bilateral cystic adnexal masses
Measuring 40 x 13 x 20 on d Rt being L x Ap x width
30 x 28 x 31 on d 10:01:23 PM being L x hts x width
The left has a septum within it
POD and Adnexae are free

Pls Doc, what does this mean? Pls reply
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
[color=#006600]Dear doc, thank you for answering all these questions, may God bless you richly

Am 29 and married. Had my first baby at 2012 Through C.S because my BP was a bit high.
then after three month of delivery i had my period for two months, it lasted only two days and it was scanty too
After Then i have not seen it again. i went to see a gyn and she gave me coc pils.Because she refused to tell me what it does i did not take it.

Few days ago i started having a gummy discharge i used to have anytime am ovulating.

note: when i was pregnat i was not eating well cos i lost appetite
which continued after delivery, i got to slim dat my bosom milk did not lactate, even though my boy was sucking contionously, but when i pressed it nothing came out. please i want another baby as my boy has grown big.
thank you!
am re-ganing the lost weight now even though it still remaning, but am eating well. another month has past no period. pls answer me Doc. i thank God for you!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DaKing007(m): 8:17am On Sep 07, 2013
ufobabe:

DOCTOR, ME SELF I NO UNDERSTAND.

maybe, u can tell the type of bacteria from her symthoms.

1. she had crawling insects all over her body.worm like movement.

2. she is reducing everyday. she is negative 2 HIV, AA genotype, O+ blood group,xtra test NORMAL SIZE

3. at times stifeness in her legs just can't move the right leg.

4. irregular menstration.

5. lost of memory. she sometimes forget easily.

from all these, i guess u can tell the type of bacteria she had.
  please help her
  thanks

She has to do microscopy culture n sensitivity test(mcs). A good lab can do it to know the particular bacteria that is responsible for the infection, and the particular drugs that can fight the infection.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DaKing007(m): 8:22am On Sep 07, 2013
oluwawunmi: Pls doc, my period is rushing seriously and it comes in a clothing way.
Yea, when there is heavy flow, it usually clot, that's not a problem. But since you are lossing more blood during your period, you should ensure you take blood supplements n eat enough vegetables. Cheers!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by fame12k(m): 12:28am On Sep 08, 2013
Please i am an anatomist, graduated from unilorin, currrently
at the final stage of my masters program in Anatomy.
I need a place where i can learn how to use x-ray machine,
CT scan MRI, ECG etc.
i believe my knowledge in human structure, functions and
radiographic anatomy will make me learn fast.
Please i really want to learn this, any advice where this can
be done, please let me know. i have not being able to get
any medical diagnostic centre where i stay.
anywhere in lagos, Ibadan or ilorin will be ok.
Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 7:23am On Sep 08, 2013
DaKing007:
Yea, when there is heavy flow, it usually clot, that's not a problem. But since you are lossing more blood during your period, you should ensure you take blood supplements n eat enough vegetables. Cheers!
thx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 2:35pm On Sep 08, 2013
just4francisca: doc. Pls am very greatful to meet u here. Am a young woman. There is this pain i normally ve in my lower abdomen most especially when am menstrating, and during that period if i wnt to go to toilet is a problem it will look as if my private part 'll pull off. But after d menstruation stops its will disappear. So the problem now is that am not menstrating and dat same pain just came for d past 4days now, and i was suppose to see my period may be on d 4th or so of september. Because of that i hard to purchase accurate for pregnancy test to check if am pregnant but it shows negative. Pls doc. Can u tell me what could cause that? thanks

Please let us know if your menses finally showed up and if the pain came with it.May I ask how long have u been going thru this experience?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 2:48pm On Sep 08, 2013
onose01: Hello Doc. Thanks 4 ur help on dis forum. I hv bn TTC for abt 10 months now 2 no avail. Pls can u prescribe good fertility drugs/vitamins that i can purchase here in nigeria? Any other advice will b appreciated.
Thanks a bunch.

Have you and your hubby undergone any test?This is important.Well, I will not prescribe any drug except Folic acid for now and maybe prenatals.All you need to work on is improving your diet and taking more of fertility foods inorder to improve your chances.
You can get plenty information here regarding what you can eat and improve your chances without drugs in these threads.
https://www.nairaland.com/318334/trying-conceive-child-ttc
https://www.nairaland.com/920221/weight-loss-gain-ladies-trying
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 2:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
oluwawunmi: Pls doc, my period is rushing seriously and it comes in a clothing way.

How long has it been this way? My advise is simple,see a dr immediately for proper evaluation of underlying conditions,this is not normal and there could be a cause or various causes eg anemia and should not be taken with levity.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 09, 2013
[color=#006600]Dear doc, thank you for answering all these questions, may God bless you richly

Am 29 and married. Had my first baby at 2012 Through C.S because my BP was a bit high.
then after three month of delivery i had my period for two months, it lasted only two days and it was scanty too
After Then i have not seen it again. i went to see a gyn and she gave me coc pils.Because she refused to tell me what it does i did not take it.

Few days ago i started having a gummy discharge i used to have anytime am ovulating.

which continued after delivery, i got to slim dat my bosom milk did not lactate, even though my boy was sucking contionously, but when i pressed it nothing came out. please i want another baby as my boy has grown big.
thank you!
am re-ganing the lost weight now even though it still remaning, but am eating well. another month has past no period. pls answer me Doc. i thank God for you!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Issfat: 12:48pm On Sep 09, 2013
i was amelioria patient with high polatin since 2004. I ws placed on oral pill in 2006 to regulate the period without the homonal test. The period comes monthly with the pills after 2yrs i stopped, no regulation of d period. I ws wt no period 4 another 2yrs dt ws till 2010. In 2010 whn i gt married i visited another gynecologist who asked me to do homonal test and place me bromocriptine as a result of high polatin i ws on bromocriptine for 6mths when i stopped no period for 3 months after stopping d drugs i ws thinking of starting again whn i discoverd i ws pregnant, my son ws one year on 31st of august delivered wt cs. Since birth till now no period, im still breast feeding him. My question is that will my period ever regulate itsef without drug? When is it advisable to start preparing for another pregnancy? I will be 32yrs in jan 2014 my son will be 1 yr and 5 months then. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 09, 2013
@issfat what type of pill were givne to you.
breasfeeding might not make ur period to come, wait till you stop breastfeeding me, to be very sure.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Issfat: 4:06pm On Sep 09, 2013
Issfat: i was amelioria patient with high polatin since 2004. I ws placed on oral pill in 2006 to regulate the period without the homonal test. The period comes monthly with the pills after 2yrs i stopped, no regulation of d period. I ws wt no period 4 another 2yrs dt ws till 2010. In 2010 whn i gt married i visited another gynecologist who asked me to do homonal test and place me bromocriptine as a result of high polatin i ws on bromocriptine for 6mths when i stopped no period for 3 months after stopping d drugs i ws thinking of starting again whn i discoverd i ws pregnant, my son ws one year on 31st of august delivered wt cs. Since birth till now no period, im still breast feeding him. My question is that will my period ever regulate itsef without drug? When is it advisable to start preparing for another pregnancy? I will be 32yrs in jan 2014 my son will be 1 yr and 5 months then. Thanks
i was takn white and brown 28 tablets oral pill before my homonal test, after d test it ws discovered dt i hv high polatin and ws placed on bromocriptine . When do u think i should stop breastfeeding due to my age and my medical history in other to start prepare for the next pregnancy. Im fearing early menopause
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dadymonso: 6:39pm On Sep 09, 2013
Doc, good evening. Pls is it possible to be pregnant with my IUD in place. I didn't see my period for August and I did home pregnancy test and it shows +ve. Now my friend is saying I should remove the IUD immediately to avoid a miscarriage. Pls how possible is this because I am out of my station now so I can't see my gyn now.
Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by femlab13(m): 7:57pm On Sep 09, 2013
Good evening doc and thanks for ur help, pls what advice or prescription can you give to a lady with stomach ache while pregnant for about 6weeks. Good bless you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by yettyade(f): 2:34am On Sep 10, 2013
Hello doctor balogun pls I constantly have headach
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DaKing007(m): 10:45am On Sep 10, 2013
femlab13: Good evening doc and thanks for ur help, pls what advice or prescription can you give to a lady with stomach ache while pregnant for about 6weeks. Good bless you
Abdominal pain at this early trimester of pregnancy is not normal, I advice you do an ultasound scan to confirm the site of implantation of your fetus.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mamaoge: 10:58am On Sep 10, 2013
Hello Docs in the house!
I just did a pelvic scan which showed I have multiple fibroids. This is not news to me cos I have always known. The scan was only a prerequisite for the commencement of a fibroid nature cure therapy I have subscribed to.

My concern is that the result also shows 'obliterated Pouch of Douglas'. I simply want to know the implication of this. Ive searched the net but have not got a definite interpretation. Somebody should please help. Thank you.

N.B: Sorry I had to repeat this as it had not been attended to. Someone should please respond. Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Issfat: 1:37pm On Sep 10, 2013
Issfat: i was takn white and brown 28 tablets oral pill before my homonal test, after d test it ws discovered dt i hv high polatin and ws placed on bromocriptine . When do u think i should stop breastfeeding due to my age and my medical history in other to start prepare for the next pregnancy. Im fearing early menopause
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2013
debby999: [color=#006600]Dear doc, thank you for answering all these questions, may God bless you richly

You should have taken the pills.The pills were given to you to enable you regulate your periods and breakthrough bleeding.

debby999: [color=#006600

thank you!

I do not know ur definition of eating well.Do u eat foods that enhances fertility? There are various reasons why you have not seen ur periods lately and above all includes stress and possible hormonal imbalance.

But on the other side, other factors could be low body weight, low body fat percentage, very low calorie or fat intake, emotional stress, strenuous exercise or an underlying medical conditions and illnesses.

I want u to consider these and improve on ur lifestyle or c a doc for proper evaluation.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 3:59pm On Sep 10, 2013
@ issfat,to answer ur questions, your periods can be restored without drugs you only need supplementation.But I will suggest you eat foods that can help you regulate ur hormones.Vegies, fruits are great.Avoid sugars.

What is ur weight like? There are underlying reasons why ur period have not been restored.I will not say ur breastfeeding has caused the delayed periods as there are other factors.My boy was a yr old about 16days ago, he still breastfeeds and shows no sign of stopping but my dw has started experiencing her periods since feb (If I remember well),infact she is on now.

Get going on vitamin like b6 and take enuf vegies in ur meals and infact more of ewedu less potash.
And of course u can start making for another baby right away.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2013
Dadymonso: Doc, good evening. Pls is it possible to be pregnant with my IUD in place. I didn't see my period for August and I did home pregnancy test and it shows +ve. Now my friend is saying I should remove the IUD immediately to avoid a miscarriage. Pls how possible is this because I am out of my station now so I can't see my gyn now.
Thank you

Interesting! I am hearing this for the first time honestly because of its success rate.But if that is the case,y keep the IUD, remove it as it no longer serves its purpose.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 4:07pm On Sep 10, 2013
femlab13: Good evening doc and thanks for ur help, pls what advice or prescription can you give to a lady with stomach ache while pregnant for about 6weeks. Good bless you
See ur doc.But you may need to look at what u consume as some these things you eat may play a part.

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.