Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,735 members, 7,851,527 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:33 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (883394 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Creamychi(f): 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
thanks doc.will do just that.but i dnt understand what yhu mean by cd3
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by maryblinks(f): 8:50pm On Sep 18, 2013
thank u doc, what is d fertility blend all about n how would i knw it. My mum dosnt rely so much on medication she refer me to an herbal natural drugs.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by timiege(f): 11:23pm On Sep 18, 2013
Good day dr, I am a TTC patient I did complete hormonal profile n tis is d result, progesterone 1.3ng\ml,prolactin 21.2ng\ml,LH 3.0,fsh 11.0,estradiol 69,TSH 1.7,pls dr is everyting alrite and what do I need to do.thank you for ur respond.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kween1: 9:33am On Sep 20, 2013
Hi docs, A friend was diagnosed yestaday of STD seriously affecting her badder right now is there any posibility for it flushed out permanently?

thanks i awaits ur reply
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by destinedsh: 5:22pm On Sep 20, 2013
hello Doc,
great job you are doing here, God bless you.

i want to give glory to God that he has answered my prayer and am 4weeks pregnant.

Now, i have one concern, i take coffee atleast one to two cups a day. coz I have a 4year old, i work a 6-6 job and also studying for my ACCA exam in dec, so i really need something to keep me awake at night when reading and in the morning at work.

can i still continue to take coffee or substitute with lipton label tea.

thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 21, 2013
[quote
author=destinedsh]
hello Doc,
great job you are doing here, God bless you.

i want to give glory to God that he has answered my prayer and am 4weeks
pregnant.

Now, i have one concern, i take coffee atleast one to two cups a day.
coz I have a 4year old, i work a 6-6 job and also studying for my ACCA
exam in dec, so i really need something to keep me awake at night when
reading and in the morning at work.

can i still continue to take coffee or substitute with lipton label tea.

thanks[/quote]

pls substitute with LIPTON......it is nt adviceable u take COFFEE,because in pregnancy there is overly increase in frequency of urine and d intake of coffee worsen the stuff-just to avoid dehydration and a bad result sheet with HAEMOCONCENTRATION.Also,u are nt to overstress ur pregnancy....pregnancy itsef is a welcome....so dnt stress it...change ur pattern of lifestyle to suite ur PHYSIOLOGICAL changes u will observe in pregnancy....THANKS!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 21, 2013
[quote
author=Kween1]Hi docs, A friend was diagnosed yestaday of STD seriously
affecting her badder right now is there any posibility for it flushed
out permanently?

thanks i awaits ur reply[/quote]An STD goin down the BLADDER,is nt normally just call STD....it has now develop in2 URINARY TRACT INFECTION(UTI),we can now say it is a UROGENITAL INFECTION....i would advice,she do all necessary test/diagnosis on URINARY BACTERIAL COUNTS frm a complete URINE ANALYSIS....follow treatment....n i wish her GOODLUCK!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 21, 2013
[quote
author=derrygee]Doc pls help me clarify dis cos am really confused.I
discovered that after I took folic acid and calcium.I coul not feel any
sign of pregnancy again I was 5wks gone.I need to be sure if Dats wat
caused d miscarriage.so as to avoid anoda occurence.[/quote]FOLIC ACID(PYTEROGLUTAMIC ACID)...does not cos MISSCARRIAGE....it is mainly needed to avoid RACHISCHISIS of ur baby...Calcium supplement is also not terrible 2....all diz are CATEGORY A pregnancy medication..so dey are alryt.However,if u feel a mess about ur pregnancy afta their use...Meet a doctor to examine u for any miscarriage complications!...Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 21, 2013
[quote
author=ceira]Hi doc......i took some drugs(''taravid'' and
''diflucan'') in july n truout d month of august,i ddnt c my period n
evn nw n am nt pregnant....ps wt cn i do??[/quote]Tarivid is a QUINOLONES for U.T.I/STI infection,also DIFLUCAN is 4 MYCOTIC(FUNGAL) INFECTION...Some do av such complaints but it is rare.However,b4 complaining dat it may b d drugs cosin ur AMENORRHOEA,it is also wise u meet a good GYNAECOLOGIST to ward ur fears off ur chest by doin a PROBABLE D.D to pin-point ur cos...not menstruating,which medically knwn as AMENORRHOEA......smiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 21, 2013
[quote
author=magarchi]From 38 weeks ı started takıng long walks mornıng and
evenıng hopıng to trıgger labour wıth lots of house chores but to no
avaıl. my EDD ıs tomorrow and labour has refused to start. My doctor ıs
begınnıng to talk ınductıon and ı dont want to go through that
procedure. A frıend told me to use castor oıl, pls doc ıs castor oıl
effectıve ın trıggerıng labour and does ıt have sıde effects[/quote]u may wish to take a possible trial....as me.....CASTOR OIL...has never bin knwn for LABOUR INDUCTION....just keep in touch with ur OBS...he may guide u better....since i dnt av ur history with me....i cant go further tappin on u.Pls....u dnt av to trigger by all form of HARD-WORKING....b ursef.....it will...if it will.....
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 21, 2013
infogenius:

Do not bother about the implications.Just go ahead with ur fibroid nature cure therapy and that should take care of it.
nt so....knwledge is POWER....for her answer,it is easy....''OBLITERATE P.O.D or CUL-DE-SAC'' means,ur FIBROID(UTERINE LEIOMYOMAS),has got to a point dat it seems the P.O.D is out of affirmation....or a sign for it....but may nt b completely destroyed or covered out....daz actually itself,nt a problem,do awy with ur M.F...den,u shav av it in confirmation...nt in obliteration again
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 21, 2013
[quote
author=filcast]Hello Doc, my cousin conceived while on yeast medication
(Diflucan and ciproflaxine).She found out and stopped the treatment but
that was after she had taken the single dose Diflucan (150mg) and 7
tablets of 500mg cipro. She is fine and about 5 weeks on now but I just
want to get your opinion. Regards.[/quote]since she has conceived and no post-partum problem with she or her baby...no squalms..but it is nt adviceable to use some setting(ANTI-FUNGALS/FLUOROQUINOLONES) in pregnancy..as she did...some of diz drugs are CATEGORY D or some CATEGORY X....so tender ur leap..wen abt to fly!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 21, 2013
[quote
author=timiege]Good day dr, I am a TTC patient I did complete hormonal
profile n tis is d result, progesterone 1.3ng\ml,prolactin 21.2ng\ml,LH
3.0,fsh 11.0,estradiol 69,TSH 1.7,pls dr is everyting alrite and what do
I need to do.thank you for ur respond.[/quote]the best person dat can analyse ur test result is the LAB ATTENDANT..dat took ur HORMONAL ASSAY......If i were to analyse dis result...i wud av to take in2 assumption so manytings..b4 landing u off into a gap......those qsts..itself....u may nt understand!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by femlab13(m): 9:07am On Sep 21, 2013
Thank you doctor for responding to the early request, please, what can you recommend for a pregnant lady in first trimester who experiences loss of strength, general body weakness and vomiting. Thanks and God bless you real good for being a God sent solution to humanities.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 21, 2013
[quote
author=femlab13]Thank you doctor for responding to the early request,
please, what can you recommend for a pregnant lady in first trimester
who experiences loss of strength, general body weakness and vomiting.
Thanks and God bless you real good for being a God sent solution to
humanities. [/quote]actually i dont recommend any medical routines(drugs) for pregnancy-induced symptoms in d body,pregnancy is a period of general changes in the female anatomical/physiological changes.However,diz are usual with pregnancy and u dnt av to take any special medication except u av a health problem induced by ur pregnancy or a 1 b4 now.I may nt permit mysef to give u any drugs until i get a 1st OBS checking result frm u.However,for ur normal OBS routines i can help u...very much!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kween1: 10:38am On Sep 21, 2013
thanks you doct i appreciate. after diagnosis i will give feed back.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kween1: 10:42am On Sep 21, 2013
thank you doc i appreciate.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 21, 2013
Kween1: thank you doc i appreciate.
u r welcome..we r meeting for the result.....Ma!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by callola: 12:16pm On Sep 21, 2013
Good day docs, what's the cause of gummy/sticky discharge from my viginal? Will it affect my chances of conceiving? Am ttc pls hlp
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 21, 2013
[quote
author=callola]Good day docs, what's the cause of gummy/sticky
discharge from my viginal? Will it affect my chances of conceiving? Am
ttc pls hlp[/quote]Vaginal discharge(LEUKORRHOEA) in a normal or infectious condition is often sticky,dis is because the vaginal discharge contains mucinous and goblets cells wich ar responsible in d production of the gummy/sticky liquid.However,in some cases,this stickiness can takeplace in inflammative conditions either with STI or pelvicitis with PID.So,u avin a sticky discharge is nt an offence,but it bcoms an offence in d presence of a PELVIC wahala.Havin a sticky discharge does not mean it will affect ur conceiving a baby.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sunnygal: 2:09pm On Sep 21, 2013
Good day docs, i ve bin treating vaginal infection for 7months nw, it kips coming bck after evry week or month, ran a test, took d injections nd drugs prescribed, tried evry precaution, buying new underwears, making sure its cotton, to kiping there dry, no douching, nw its rashes around d surfaces, dis r d last drugs i took(clotrimazole, vaginal fmz, flucomol tab, bactrosec, azithrin), pls wat could be d cause nd solution nd advice,thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 21, 2013
[quote
author=sunnygal]Good day docs, i ve bin treating vaginal infection for
7months nw, it kips coming bck after evry week or month, ran a test,
took d injections nd drugs prescribed, tried evry precaution, buying new
underwears, making sure its cotton, to kiping there dry, no douching,
nw its rashes around d surfaces, dis r d last drugs i took(clotrimazole,
vaginal fmz, flucomol tab, bactrosec, azithrin), pls wat could be d
cause nd solution nd advice,thanks[/quote]th reason ur infections are repeating is because 1)u treat d infection halfway 2)u alwys treat ursef but u dnt treat ur sex partner 3)u av more dan 1 sex partner 4)u are usin drugs to which d infectious organism is resistant to 5)u may a condition of immuned breakdown...cosin u to a low wagin to infection 6)usin chemicals or lifestyles dat changes the vaginal ecosystem 7)increase use of anti-biotics predisposin u to genital fungal infection.....so search ur errors!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 21, 2013
[quote
author=sunnygal]Good day docs, i ve bin treating vaginal infection for
7months nw, it kips coming bck after evry week or month, ran a test,
took d injections nd drugs prescribed, tried evry precaution, buying new
underwears, making sure its cotton, to kiping there dry, no douching,
nw its rashes around d surfaces, dis r d last drugs i took(clotrimazole,
vaginal fmz, flucomol tab, bactrosec, azithrin), pls wat could be d
cause nd solution nd advice,thanks[/quote]but if u av done a test....a recent one...send it across...so i analyse the result....and tell u wat u should take.....But knw dat,GENITAL RASHES,often goes with GENITAL FOLLICULITIS...and also,GENITAL FOLLICULITIS goes with/maybe with GENITAL FURUNCULOSIS...mostly with FUNGAL/B.V/T.V/COLIFORM SPP...infections......so u av a small problem!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by itunumary(f): 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2013
Good evening Doctor, am new on this tread and well down for the good job you are doing for humanity. God bless you. Amen.

Pls, I'm about to enter 38wks now but my feet are swollen and wen I woke up in d morning they disappeared. I just want to kno if this is normal.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2013
[quote
author=itunumary]Good evening Doctor, am new on this tread and well
down for the good job you are doing for humanity. God bless you. Amen.

Pls, I'm about to enter 38wks now but my feet are swollen and wen I woke
up in d morning they disappeared. I just want to kno if this is normal.
[/quote]it is normal...often cos by increase pelvic vein compression..dis may show up in swolleness of the feet...it also show in somewomen an high blood pressure,daz were u nid go for check of ur B.P.Some common coses of swollen feet in preg are 1)TOXEAMIA OF PREG 2)KIDNEY DISEASE 3)FATTY LIVER IN PREG 4)MIRROR'S SYNDROME 5)HELLP/PRE-ECLAMPSIA 6)PREG-INDUCED DIABETES/H.B.P and odas..I wud advice u do a CHECK....but i knw it is normal....An OBS is good for this!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 21, 2013
[quote
author=itunumary]Good evening Doctor, am new on this tread and well
down for the good job you are doing for humanity. God bless you. Amen.

Pls, I'm about to enter 38wks now but my feet are swollen and wen I woke
up in d morning they disappeared. I just want to kno if this is normal.
[/quote]for ur swollen feet condition...1)avoid sendentry lifestyle even at ur 38wks 2)alwys urinate as possible as it comes 3)reduce ur salt intake(dnt stop it completely it is important for ur THYROID to function beta in dat it contains IODINE) 4)dnt sit-stand on ur feet....alwys stretch dem out 5)dnt sit-stand on ur feet wen sittin on d edge of ur bed 2 6)b positive about ur PREGNANCY
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sunnygal: 7:15am On Sep 22, 2013
Good morning docs, d test was done 3 months ago, Dis is d test result, nd d oda is d prescription i was given, it went after one month it came bck

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2013
sunnygal: Good
morning docs, d test was done 3 months ago, Dis is d test result, nd d
oda is d prescription i was given, it went after one month it came bck
u still av to conduct anoda test,for ur here to knw ur present state of health...dat of the past 3 months add to ur history,it is very important u conduct anoda test because widin 3months to now many tins can happen...when u av done it...let me or us knw....Thanks!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by itunumary(f): 6:48pm On Sep 22, 2013
Lucky-G-:
for ur swollen feet condition...1)avoid sendentry lifestyle even at ur 38wks 2)alwys urinate as possible as it comes 3)reduce ur salt intake(dnt stop it completely it is important for ur THYROID to function beta in dat it contains IODINE) 4)dnt sit-stand on ur feet....alwys stretch dem out 5)dnt sit-stand on ur feet wen sittin on d edge of ur bed 2 6)b positive about ur PREGNANCY
Sir, thanks a lot for this advice. Tomorrow is my antenatal. So I will check my B.P and report back to you. Pls what type of exercise can I be doing now. Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Furitfulme: 10:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
thanks doc, i took dostinex. pls what kind of supplement and fertility boosting food do i need to eat to correct the irregular circle that has been there, right from the early yrs of my mensuration and how do i feel and know when am ovulating, for am 36 now and i pray God to be pregnant this yr 2013.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 23, 2013
[quote
author=itunumary] Sir, thanks a lot for this advice. Tomorrow is my
antenatal. So I will check my B.P and report back to you. Pls what type
of exercise can I be doing now. Thanks and God bless you.[/quote]officially,house shores and mundane duties.....simple stress and self-manipulation is nt advice.....if u feel u want to exercise dey shud b perform on trivial grounds nt for any important...stay awy frm far greater stress...exercise ur minds with PAEDIATRIC BOOKS concerning ur baby's 1st year and lifelihold.....In all this exercise....alwys remain positive of ur LABOUR soon to come.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 23, 2013
[quote
author=Furitfulme]thanks doc, i took dostinex. pls what kind of
supplement and fertility boosting food do i need to eat to correct the
irregular circle that has been there, right from the early yrs of my
mensuration and how do i feel and know when am ovulating, for am 36 now
and i pray God to be pregnant this yr 2013.[/quote]No special supplement/food for fertility boosting,ur balance diet is enough to keep ur body organs functioning ryt.However we av DRUGS to cos OVULARY INDUCTION in women with SECONDARY AMENORRHOEA of PITUITARY/GONADAL origin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.