Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879269 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chifreke(f): 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
Lucky-G-:
@chifreke........Some
times it thus happen that then urine HCG may be so small even to be
detected,dis may be dat ur IMPLANTATION took some days beyond 8days.U
should av it that the HCG in the SERUM increases faster compare to the
URINE.As regard to pregnancy symptoms,well in some pregnancy symptoms
may not be acute and may start showing up as ur gestation winds on.So,changes are not vaporatous but latent.But u av to relax,and no cause of alarm.But it is up to 2-3months of from ur lost period,u ar advice to do an OBSTETRICAL SONOGRAPHY to knw the development of the EMBRYO.Within this time,u shud take case note of special changes both positive and negative(not my prayer).This is to knw hw progressive ur pregnancy is going.As time moves on if no severe complication to ur preg.....u shall come to av those symptoms....if nt all......Ur OBS should be visited!
tanks...i have been registered with a doc..am being monitored as..i was told to allow the pregnancy to reach 3months plus..before further examinations could be done...i know it is going to be twins that why all things seems strange...once more tanks for making me stay strong..u too much
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by cocoC(f): 5:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hello doctor, I'm 29, just had a baby 10 weeks ago. My problem is dat I started bleeding again n sometimes spotting 2 weeks after lochia stopped till date. Don't know wat dat culd b. Prior to d pregnancy, I always bled 14days after my period for about 3days(even after sex with hubby ) n it it stops, repeating itself in d next mc. Went to c a doc, but he culdn't make any diagnosis, said I was ok. It made it difficult for me to conceive until I was placed on clomid. Lucky me, I got pregnant in december. But I don't understand d bleeding again. What culd it b cos I still want more kids n it's getting me worked up. Don't want d next pregnancy to take as long as d last one. Pls help me doc.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 06, 2013
@cocoC..........If

u are experiencing ABNORMAL UTERINE BLEEDING(AUB) with mixture of
POST-COITAL(after SEXX) BLEEDING,you are advice to meet a GYNAECOLOGIST
to diagnose separate or combined conditions as with 1)UTERINE POLYPS
2)UTERINE FIRBOIDS 3)ENDOMETRIOSIS 4)HORMONAL IMBALANCE 5)CERVICAL
FIBROMAS/CERVICAL POLYPS 6)ENDOMETRIOMAS 7)ENDOMETRIOID CYST 6)P.I.D/STI
7)VON WILLEBRAND FACTOR DYSFUNCTION.Others added to this list are
ENDOMETRITIS,PELVIC CELLULITIS,UTERINE CANCER/OVARIAN CANCER/CERVICAL
CANCER and PRIMARY FALLOPIAN TUBE CANCER.So you are expected to do the
do the following to rule out or confirm these conditions 1)TRANSCERVICAL
SALINE SONOGRAPHY 3)HYSTEROSALPINGOGRAPHY 4)FULL BLOOD COUNT 5)HVS
6)Hormonal profile test 7)PAP SMEAR or any GENITAL CYTOLOGY DIAGNOSIS for PRE-CANCEROUS GROWTH.Afta bin rigorous with this test,u should be able to knw ur complaint in a focus.However,some form of bleeding are not cause by anything and so are refer as DYSFUNCTIONAL UTERINE BLEEDING(DUB).For either AUB and DUB,ur GYN may put in for some IRON containing pills to avoid ANEAMIA from iron deficiency through ur over bleeding.But bleeding beyond 50ml is grave....pls! do visit a GYN for medical urgency.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jkelechi2001: 11:55am On Dec 06, 2013
Please, where can I buy misoprostol in ikeja. Am two weeks pregnant. Can somebody help me here. Am in a serious mess
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jkelechi2001: 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2013
Please, Where can i buy Misoprostol or mifepristone in Ikeja or any where around. am two weeks pregnant. can somebody help me here or any other drugs that can work. am in a serious mess. is very urgent
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by papooze4: 4:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
hello doctors in d forum......pls wat drug/medicine can i take to make a guy last long hard on bed when making love with is wife..pls i need answers wat medicine is best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jessywake(f): 5:22pm On Dec 06, 2013
thank u so much Dr for ur kindness. Dr my fertility hormone profile shows that my prolatin result is 3.2 ng/ml. pls wot does it mean?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
@jkelechi2001........You can check out for those ABORTIFACIENTS from the PHARMACEUTICAL DRUG CENTRE(PDC) of that environs.We dont give out ABORTIFACIENTS..........We dont advice ABORTION......beware!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
@jessywake.....the normal range for PROLACTIN HORMONE is 2-26ng/ml......aving 3.2ng/ml.....means no problem........it is NORMOPROLACTINAEMIA.........normal!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jessywake(f): 11:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
Lucky-G-:
@jessywake.....the normal range for PROLACTIN HORMONE is 2-26ng/ml......aving 3.2ng/ml.....means no problem........it is NORMOPROLACTINAEMIA.........normal!
thank you Dr.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Netz2(m): 10:04pm On Dec 07, 2013
@all Dr in this thread

have been seeing ur job and I do appreciate u guys

I just want u guys to help to look into my matter also ! as pics shown below !

the Lil scrap/injury u can view on top my breast there was due to slight injury that happened to me long ago !! many yyeaers now ! it was just a slight little cut positioned above my breast earlier but due to me scracting the wound it became that !!

have tried some measures given to me by neighbors but doesn't seems to clear the stuff off to get my real flesh back !!!

all I need is ur help with a pescribtion of drugs or cream that be affection and clear it off !!!!

thanz as I wait for better result!!!

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Queen1(f): 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
Hi Drs in the house, I had an ultrasound yesterday and was diagnosed with (1) Funtional Ovarian Cyst and (2) Chronic PID. What drugs can I use to cure these plus how long is the treatment supposed to last?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 09, 2013
@Netz2........This

is not a matter of taking a special drug or cream to remove or cure the
chest tumescence.You are kindly advice to visit a practising clinician
to see to this chest growth or whatever.He may advice a mammography of
ur entire brreast this is to confirm or rule out any case of pre-cancerous
cells.Please am not saying you have brreast cancer,please get me! He may also which a
BIOPSY to be done to preferential examine the tissues of that growth
better.Other of clinical procedure or test may be carried out if he/she
suspect any insiduous pathology in apposition to the pathognonomy of the
condition as the physical may presumed.But the underlining issue here
is dat......make an appointment with a clinician as quick as possible!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 09, 2013
@Queen1.......Every

SEXUALLY/REPRODUCTIVE woman do make FUNCTIONAL CYST of the OVARIES.The
reason most women do not complain about this is because the OVARIAN
FUNCTIONAL CYST does degenerate in time,so it is NORMAL.OVARIAN
FUNCTIONAL CYST cud be FOLLICULAR CYST(during the FOLLICULAR PHASE) or
CORPUS LUTEUM CYST(during the LUTEAL PHASE).These cyst are sed to be
physiological(normal) if the CYST in dimension are not greater than
5cm.If u av a FUNCTIONAL CYST it is not a PATHOLOGICAL OVARIAN cyst like
those of DERMOID CYST,PCOS,ENDOMETRIOID CYST n oda OVARIAN
TUMESCENSE.You are advice to check again at a past of every 3months to
see if the growth is increasing of decreasing.FUNCTIONAL OVARIAN CYST
does alwys degenerate,so no fear.As regarded to ur P.I.D,u are advice to
do HVS or ENDOCERVICAL DISCHARGE MCS for infection with the FALLOPIAN
TUBES,UTERUS n OVARIES n afta dat follow SENSITIVITY.I indeed don't to give u drugs because u av to do a special test to knw the CAUSATIVE AGENT,after u av done dat,come back and i shall give u drugs according to sensitivity.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 09, 2013
Dear Patient,
Mailling me through Nairaland is alwy abortive and epileptical.If you see or have the need to mail me,pls do send your message across through my mailbox.Thanks!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Julieni: 9:24am On Dec 09, 2013
Gm doc,

my sis inlaw is 2months pregnant and keeps vomitting and each time she drinks or eat anything, she vomits it, then she went to her doctor and he precribed avomine for her 2wice a day... And she has been taking it for over a week now, just want to ak, is it safe and can he keep taking it all thru her pregnancy... Jusst scared for her taking drugs.

i am also preggo, but i never had any mrning sickness, vomiting or Spitting. i feel for her and want to know...

Thank you so much doc.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 09, 2013
@Julieni........PREGNANCY
is a time when GASTROINTESTINAL physiological changes are expected and
humble.Few GASTROINTESTINAL changes local with pregnancy are
GASTROPARESIS and ESOPHAGITIS n GASTRO-ESOPHAGEAL REFLUX
DISEASE.VOMITTING is usually normal with all of them as well as style of
life during pregnancy.This usually worse during the 1st trimester and
may in some women come to a reduce effect in thier 2nd trimester.For normal case,this symptom of VOMITING if not HYPEREMESIS GRAVIDARIUM(H.G) will either reduce or stop at the start of her 2nd trimester.The use of AVOMINE is meant to stop the vomiting to avoid DEHYDRATION n maternal weightloss.It will help her! But if it turns too unbecoming,she should visit her OBS to check for any cos with THYROID DISEASE IN PREGNANCY as with subclinical instincts with H.G....thanks!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mamaoge: 4:07pm On Dec 09, 2013
@Moderator/Admin, how long will this LuckG-sringed copy and paste doctor be allowed to mislead/misinform people on this well-intended thread . The thread itself may as well be closed since there are no genuine doctors on board anymore angry shocked. The current trend is appaling. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omonakpa: 9:03am On Dec 10, 2013
am very happy to be part of this, i have been ttc since april 2009 but all in vain, may this year i went for hsg and they said my fallopian tubes are block, sin the i have been trying chiness herbal product to unblock it naturally instead of operation as said by my doc. pls help me what other way will go plsssss urgent reply
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 11, 2013
@omonakpa.......The
first mistake you did was to overlook your tubal blockage with an eye
of mundane preserve for chinese herbal medicines.The moment a HSG
promounced ur tube blocked,the first step is to carry that result sheet
to a medical doctor so he discus the way out for you.TUBAL BLOCKAGE can
be cos by 1)PID(C.TRACHOMATIS INFECTION) 2)TRAUMA on the TUBES 3)SCAR on
the tubes after an ECTOPIC PREGNANCY(if u given birth) n
odas..However,to return patency to ur tube(s),u are advice to visit a
GYN.He may choose to carryout some gynaecological procedures such as 1)SALPINGOSTOMY 2)SALPINGOLYSIS 3)TUBOPLASTY.These are just the way about n it all depends on the severity of ur OCCLUDED(BLOCKED) TUBE.It often may be the case of taking a drug to open,no special drug for that....although some drugs may help remove adhesion.So,it all depends on wat the GYN has to say.Please do make an appointment with a medical doctor!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dinma14: 4:24am On Dec 12, 2013
Hello Doc, I ve been ttc for 1yr plus. I ve done several scans which states that I ve bulky retroverted uterus and no fibroid. just had my hsg which said my tubes cleared/patent. And hubby's count s 9million.. What next can we do? Am currently on folic acid.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kindy: 6:59am On Dec 12, 2013
Hello Dr,
Please is it safe to get pregnant 11months after C-Section Birth.

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 12, 2013
@Dinma14........You

did not tell us more about ur physicals,you did not tell us ur age,u
only gave us the IMPLICATIONS of the SCAN u did.Though a TTC u did not
also tell also if u av maintained pregnancy to term or not to term
b4.You got a BULK RETROVERTED UTERUS.A retroverted uterus is a uterus
dat is tipped-backward from the bladder,and does not lie at angle 90
degree to the bladder as in the normal anatomy.Having a RETROVERTED
UTERUS does not write u off.Often normal with some women while some cases with
some pelvic pathology.Regarding ur BULKINESS,it also cud be that ur
uterus has enlarge beyond the normal echoic texture and this may want me
to ask some lively and vivid question if there observe any form of
HOMOGENOUS/HETEROGENOUS MASS in the MYOMETRIUM(check ur scan
result).Some cases of BULKY UTERUS is associated with
ADENOMYOSIS(Endometrial tissue in the MUSCLE of the UTERUS).Do u sufa a
severe menstrual cramp? Do u sufa intermenstrual bleeding? n odas? To
work dis bulkiness is essential and degree of bulkiness shud go into
play too.Using of FOLIC ACID is a door of making your fertility
comprehensive.FOLIC ACID is not for inducing pregnancy,but using it is
mainly for ur general well-being,However it is very important for
pregnant women to eschew SPINA BIFIDA.A full seminal analysis is needed
to give yardstick or references to ur man's semen,writing some millions
can help it all.Try and visit a good GYN.........However,der ar notable
way of handling ur problem.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 12, 2013
@Kindy.....This question can be answered briskly and briefly by the OBS dat dis ur C/S for you.I alwys advice women to start planning anoda pregnancy 1yr6months after a C/S,some OBS may advice a pass of just 1yr.This is to be sure that both UTERINE/ABDOMINAL incision/suture av properly healed up and that doing anoda C/S may not be discourage incase there is no birthing per vaginum.One year is enough.......u are also excused to visit ur OBS for this as well.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dinma14: 1:52pm On Dec 12, 2013
Hello Dr,thanks for your reply. I am 31yrs old 5.8ft, I weigh 74kg. I ve had a D/C before like 7yrs ago. Yes I sufa heavy flow and painful mestraution and I cloth as well. I started my menses @ age 11 and it has been heavy since then.

The scan s as follows: a bulky anteverted uterus with homogenus myometrium. No fibroid. The endometrial thickness is 6.9mm. The uterine cavity is empty.

My hubby's own:
Mortility- Active 35%. Sluggish 35%. Non motile 30%.
Morphology- Normal 80%. Abnormal 20%
WBC- 3-5/HPF
Total sperm cell count/ml- 9x10 6 cells/ml
Semen culture : No pathogen isolated after 48hrs incubation @ 32c
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
@Dinma......Starting

with ur man seminal fluid analysis,the SPERM MOTILITY is alryt,the
SPERM MORPHOLOGY is also alryt.the WBC/HPF not a thing to worry much
with.However,the number of sperm cells is quite small.This is an
occassion of OLIGOSPERMIA(POOR SPERM COUNT).A normal sperm count should
atleast range with 60-150 million cells/ml,some narrowed values as with
20-40million cells/ml ar also accepted.You av an HOMOGENOUS
MYOMETRIUM,this means the muscle of ur uterus is of a complete
uniformity and no dfrent body of tissue was found inside.U got a good
thickened ENDOMETRIUM but the thickness of the ENDOMETRIUM usually
dwindles with AGE,PREGNANCY,MENSTRUAL CYCLE PHASES,DRUGS nd oda
phases,so i cant bet u on dat.Talking aby ur menstrual cramping,u ar
advice to confirm from anoda SCAN if trully u av any suppose condition
cosin ur severity.Some MENSTRUAL CRAMP ar secondary and do follow with
serious bleeding such conditions may nid more clinical check up.Ur BMI
is approximately 23.6....no problem with dat..I kindly advice u do another PELVIC USS or HYSTEROSCOPY to ascertain the main cos to ur BULKY UTERUS.Ur complain may make the Medical doctor to diagnose on coses with SECONDARY DYSMENORRHOEA/MENORRHAGIA/SECONDARY INFERTILITY.....
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by IBNIYAS: 9:46pm On Dec 12, 2013
good day doc. Im was ameloreah patient since 2005 my period stopped flowing wtout drug snc 2006 b4 i gt married 2011 i did sm test because of my high polatin i ws placed on bromocriptine 4 3mnths during dis period my period flow normal 4 dt 3mnths, when i stpd d drugs it did nt cm again. My gyn told me 2 continue using d drug Aftr 2mnths again i stopped cos of financial constraint as God want it, i became pregnant aftr 3mnths i stopped d drugs. My son is 15mnths and 2wks nw still breastfeeding bt yet to see my period. Does it mean it can not come out normally again? I hd my son tru cs whn can i start preparing 4 another pregnancy? Im presently 32yrs lost my vaginity @30yr whn i gt married, is long time vaginity affeting polating?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dinma14: 9:48pm On Dec 12, 2013
Thank you so much Doctor may God meet u @ ur point of need. Actually this s nt my first scan. I ve done scan countless times and even CT scan, hsg and all points to d bulky uterus and no fibroid.
What I want to know is can I concieve with a bulky uterus and what can I do to concieve, any drugs , routine things, wen to dtd or even diets etc?
And also for my hubby, what can he do to improve his count.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by okoomoge2(m): 6:58am On Dec 13, 2013
Dr. Kathy,

Please is there any clinical solution for a woman who is very frigid, was a tomboy growing up.

I mean a woman who does not have any sexual feeling of any kind.

thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Debbyray: 9:06am On Dec 13, 2013
Good morning doc,am 23yrs old nd also married. Dis past few months av bin takin note of ♍γ̲̣ discharge nd period.♍γ̲̣ period W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ b regular 4 like 2 or 3months nd its date W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ change all of a sudden nd i do av severe cramps xcept if i use felvin dats wen i W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ feel only slight pain. Av always av vaginal discharge 4 a yl nw,i complained 2 a 6ta nurse in oct nd she prescribed sm drugs 4 me which is flagyl.argumentine nd mycoten cream cos †ђξ †ђξ discharge was smellin nd ♍γ̲̣ vaginal was itchin me sm1 bt nt a serious itching ooo. After completin †ђξ drugs †ђξ smell nd †ђξ itchin stopped bt it lasted 4 a yl cos nw it has bin fluctuatin 4rm smellin 2 nrmal 1 witout itching.am tryin 2 get pregnant also bt ntin 4 nw pls wat do น tink is wrong wit me?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 13, 2013
@IB
NIYAS........Firstly,long tym VIRGINITY does not affect the PROLACTIN
HORMONE or LACTOTROPE.Secondly,u can still have pregnancy normally.You
nid to understand that,breastfeeding as a lactating act in small bite
inhibit a woman's fertility and this mainly use by some woman in dia
early puerperium to avoid bin pregnant.You also have to knw that u av an
history of high prolactin hormone in the
blood(HYPERPROLACTINAEMIA),this usual affects ur infertility is
responsible for ur nips discharge b4 ur pregnancy.If you have a history for nipplle discharge(GALACTORRHOEA) not when lactating,this means that in some chances it can repeat itsef again.Inshort in some women,it worsen with 1st/2nd pregnancy.I did not knw if u severe bleed during/after giving birth,increase bleeding does affect a woman's fertility and a secondary infertility can broke out(SHEEHAN'S SYNDROME).If ur baby is 15month2weeks as u sed,u can start or settle for anoda pregnancy afta a proper assessment from a GYN.He may see the need to wait anoda further 3months on a medical scrutiny.

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.