Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,080 members, 7,835,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (881386 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 13, 2013
@Dinma14.....If

the BULKINESS is normal with your anatomy and also with the pelvic
physiology(functions),there carrying of pregnancy not a problem as a
thicker MYOMETRIUM is needed for pregnancy.But if this BULKINESS is
unusual and anomalies to the pelvic physiology den u av got cause to
understand,it may be behind ur chances of infertility enjoined to dat of
ur man's low sperm count.So wat's next?!We av dfrent drugs and
procedures to give conception to a woman(nor is spiritual!).These drugs
are in diz categories..such as 1)OVULATION INDUCTION 2)FSH/LH
SENSITIZATION 3)POSTMENOPAUSAL/P.O.F CONDITION
4)HYPERPROLACTINAEMIA/GALACTORRHOEA CONDITION 5)HUMAN CHORIONIC GONADOTROPINE(Synthetic one) 6)ASSISTED REPRODUCTIVE
TECHNIQUES(A.R.T)...These are enough to help u try conceive a baby,cost
and rare some may be.Also a general health/psychology/well-being is also
kindly necessary....be happy alwys! Don't really knw the age of ur
MAN...dnt knw his history....dnt knw if he has problem with
VARICOCELE....dnt knw if he goes bingeing.....dnt knw hw healthy he
is....Am nt an expert on diet,i may not knw wat kind of food he should
eat.For this i would advice u visit oda thread basically for
dis......However,visiting a doctor for a potential advice is
important....
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
oko-omoge:
Dr. Kathy,

Please is there any clinical solution for a woman who is very frigid, was a tomboy growing up.

I mean a woman who does not have any sexual feeling of any kind.

thanks
The woman should make an appointment with any of these specialty for her HEALING........GYNAECOLOGIST,SEX-THERAPIST,PSYCHOLOGIST and a SEXOLOGIST..............
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kindy: 12:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
Lucky-G-:
@Kindy.....This question can be answered briskly and briefly by the OBS dat dis ur C/S for you.I alwys advice women to start planning anoda pregnancy 1yr6months after a C/S,some OBS may advice a pass of just 1yr.This is to be sure that both UTERINE/ABDOMINAL incision/suture av properly healed up and that doing anoda C/S may not be discourage incase there is no birthing per vaginum.One year is enough.......u are also excused to visit ur OBS for this as well.

Thanks Dr, I will do as u said
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
@Debbyray......As a matter of fact,cant tell what may or may not be wrong with you because av not done a test for that.But i knw dat a COPIOUS VAGGINAL FLUX(LEUKORRHOEA) ranges with P.I.D/S.T.I/U.T.I.So u ar advice to do a HVS or ENDOCERVICAL DISCHARGE MCS as well with URINE MCS.After that,u are advice to follow medication with written sensitivity.Doing a SONOGRAPHY is also needed to knw much details with ur UTERUS and ADNEXAL BODIES.Treat ur husband as well!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Debbyray: 4:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
Thank you very much doc,will go nd do those tests nd get bak 2 น.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by temitopsy03(f): 11:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
Hi Doc am 20 i menstrate ones in 4 or 5 month,started menstrating at age 14 tinkin it'll regulate itself but no i'm worried Doc wat shuld i do.pls reply
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 3:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
Dr, pls what is the meaning of this preg test using pt strips one line is dark while the second line is light.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by willarrie(m): 5:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
Hi Doc,u're God sent and only God can reward you.I got married 9mnts ago and M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ wife ȋ̝̊̅§ yet to take in,we did some test and it was discovered she has a small sized fibroid bt Τ̲̅ђε̲ Gym said its not big enuf to disturb her chances of concieving,How true ȋ̝̊̅§ that and finally,it appears she took in last mnth tho we did't. Go4a test bt her period did'nt come as usual and there were changes in her body but after a mnth she felt pains in her tommy and suddenly Τ̲̅ђε̲ flow came wt so much pains,nw she's Φƙα̲̅ψ ,pls advice
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
@TEMITOPSY.....u
are advice to visit a GYN to check properly for any problem regarded to
1)ANOVULATION 2)HORMONAL IMBALANCE 3)GRANULOSA CELL HYPOPLASIA(FSH/LH
INSUFFICIENCY) 4)SALVAGE SYNDROME(with irregular periods) 5)PITUITARY
ADENOMA(if nipple discharge) 6)HYPOPITUTARISM/HYPERPITUITARISM as well
with any THYROID GLAND problem...So u ar advice to do the following test/scan to knw the cos of ur problem 1)SONOHYSTEROSALPINGOGRAPHY 2)HORMONAL PROFILE or ASSAY of the hormones distribution in ur body 3)HVS/URINE MCS for any problem with P.I.D/UTI .These test are good and enough....i hope with diz...God helping you...u sha knw ur problem.Visiting ur GYN is good and adviceable,he may be able to confirm if it is normal or abnormal.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 14, 2013
@oluwawunm........Dont
really knw the kind of HPT using,we have dfrent HPT and each has dfrent
form of how to show a woman is pregnant.Does a show of darklines mean a
prenancy for that specific HPT strip? If so,then it shows a possibility
of being pregnant.Notwithsatnding,u still av to repeat this pregnancy
test again.Repeating the test may show good grade because HCG increase everyhour in pregnancy and to be self-conscious of FALS-IS-POSITIVE result.So,afta an HPT u ar kindly advice to do a profound BETA-HCG serum TEST!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 14, 2013
@willarrie..........I
cant advice otherwise,since a medical doctor has confirm that her
fibroid cant affect her present fertility fate.I do advice u remain at a
steady touch with the GYN,he still has much to offer to u n ur
wife.Regarding her FIBROID,wat's is the mass of the growth? Wat her
age?.The major concern here is her health,not getting pregnancy,cos wen
she is fine getting pregnant will alwys become easy? Has she bin
recently examined again?...Is the mass increasing or not? Some UTERINE FIBROID(UTERINE LEIOMYOMAS) do increase in size as time proceed,is der any tendency ur wife's own may follow such a fashion? Did the GYN take note of ur wife's ESTRADIOL(ESTROGEN)?...Is her fibroid attach to any familial tendency?..........Just so many question u need to sit ur GYN over ask him as well as ur wife? I wish ur wife..all the best........
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Amab: 6:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
kathyekiti: Hello,
I am an ob/gyn in private practice in NY.  I will be willing to
answer Ob/Gyn questions with the normal perfunctory disclaimer. 
Thank you Dr. Balogun and Naijaking for this great idea.

4/21/2009
It has been over a year since I started on this thread.  I would
like to thank all of you for allowing me the opportunity to help my own
with the skills I have learnt in a foreign land.  You all have been
more than gracious with your blessings, thanks, and prayers.  This
being said, I am not here everyday.  This is work I do pro bono on
my own time.  I am in a busy private practice and I try to answer
questions as soon as possible.  Please refrain from follow up posts
asking why I have not responded.  Thank you so so much
7/3/09
I thoroughly enjoy helping however, although I have asked politely,
several posters are still repeating their posts.  It makes the
thread longer than it needs to be.  Henceforth, I will not reply
any posts that are repeated within a week.  Thank you and I look
forward to helping you

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by crystalsaint(f): 10:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
for the past 2months...have been feeling pain at the waist and I also have abdominal pain.am TTC.after having fun with my husband...for the next 3days...watery substance will be coming out.please what's the problem with me?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:10am On Dec 16, 2013
@crystalsaint........Do
u just aving this pains both waist and abdominal pains as regular? Do u
experience this pains most after doin fun with ur husband? Do u
experience this pain quite unbearable when avin ur
ovulation/menstruation? Do u av this pains on passing urine? does the
pains associate with any another symptoms again? As for the
discharge,does it smell? What is the colour of the discharge? Do u
experience it all the time after 3days after fun with ur husband? Do u also av problems with passing urine? Just so many question to ask,you therefore advice to do HVS to knw if u av any P.I.D cases with the copious vaginal flux and the GYN may also check u for any problem relatec to CHRONIC PELVO-PERITONEAL PAINS(C.P.P.S) and odas with PELVIC CONGESTION SYNDROME(PCG),mean yl,doing a URINE MCS is meant to knw if u av any ASSYMPTOMATIC URINARY TRACT INFECTION........so visit the M.D now!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dinma14: 12:24pm On Dec 16, 2013
Thanks so much Doc. God bless U.
How can one concieve with endometriosis. Cause that's what my gyn s suspecting. He gave me clomid,folic acid and vit. E. That's what I ve been taking for d past 5months.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 16, 2013
@Dinma14.............If

you have following our discussion,u will observe when buzzed u up on a
particular problem,....it is ADENOMYOSIS.ADENOMYOSIS is ENDOMETRIOSIS
INTERNA or a ENDOMETRIOSIS condition where ENDOMETRIAL TISSUE is
obviously found to be retained in the muscles of the WOMB,this is one
reason for the bulkiness of the womb when someone is not pregnant.If ur
doctor suspect ENDOMETRIOSIS,he may actually be insunuating that ur
endometrial tissue may be retained in other organs of the body,such
places where endometriosis can occurs is the
OVARIES,CERVIX,LIGAMENTS,LUNGS as well as the PERITONEUM.Women with
ENDOMETRIOSIS do av problem with aving conception dis is because of thier
low chances................U treat ur ENDOMETRIOSIS 1st b4 u think of
aving pregnancy.ENDOMETRIOSIS is a severe riskfactor to some pregnancy complication daz even if u get pregnant with the problem,so u will close monitoring to avoid severe maternal prolems as well as fetal problems.However,there good ways to manage it!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dinma14: 4:07pm On Dec 16, 2013
What treatment or drugs do I need for it. I think mine is @ my fallopian tube cause it hurts me, that was why I went for d HSG. Thank God it has nt blocked my tubes. My Doc thinks I can concieve with it but sometimes I think he s a bit confused. Each time I see period and go to him all he does s give me clomid, flagyl, vit. E and folic acid
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by crystalsaint(f): 6:25pm On Dec 16, 2013
no...not at all...the only pain is the abdominal pain and have once been treated for UTI..I did MCS and endo...they didn't find anything.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by crystalsaint(f): 6:28pm On Dec 16, 2013
no foul discharge...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Debbyray: 8:37pm On Dec 16, 2013
Av done the endocervical swab 2day,was told 2 come bk on wednesday 4 †ђξ result bt am rilly worried cos av neva 4 once got pregnant nt 2 talk of avin an abortion nd av nt always bin cautious of using condom at tyms.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:19am On Dec 17, 2013
@Debbyray........Why not us both wait for ur result,it your result that will tell us if you have any related disease vagginal discharge or just a copious vaginnal discharge as a result of cervical eversion or any normal cause.Please let's wait.....thanks!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 17, 2013
@Crystalsaint.........have
u made an appointment with a doctor,so he scan over your abdominal cavity(DIAGNOSTIC
LAPAROSCOPY)? I kindly advice u to do dat,not leaving it out,u also
expected to do SONOGRAPHY of the uterus and the adnexal
bodies.Kindl,these are done to show if any organic instinct is blended
with ur complaint.But if your complaint is completely with functional
instinct,then all is well.But this must be confirm by a
doctor........the test u did was it after i told u to do another or
these were past test?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 17, 2013
@Dinma14.......Though

your suspect seem no harm but for your good,having abdominal/pelvic
pains goes afar beyond the fallopian tubes and other region in the
pelvis too.You are advice to meet a good radiologist so he can do
DIAGNOSTIC LAPAROSCOPY of your abdominal cavity and as well into ur
ABDOMINOPELVIC cavity.Your P.O.D also need be check and not letting
alone ur RECTOVAGINAL SEPTUM and all with ur repoductive organs with the
upper pelvic organs.You have a right to ask your doctor,why should he
be giving CLOMID,FOLIC ACID,FLAGYL,VIT E......and odas....Why
flagyl?...Is he suspecting a bacterial infection......Why folic acid? Is
he suspecting any ANAEMIC condition? Already,we knw the function of the
clomid(for ur own good!).The management of ENDOMETRIOSIS is usually not
met up with the medication he usually render to u.ENDOMETRIOSIS has a
special way of bin handle both in drugs and surgeries.However,go and do
all i sed n bring me result.Your doctor must as well do some form of D.D
to knw the special cos of ur condition by ruling n confirming other
cases.And finally,go and do a PAP SMEAR or a PAP TEST n bring the result!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jessywake(f): 8:03pm On Dec 17, 2013
thanks

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by hitmij: 1:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
Hello doctor,
Please I need your help. I was told by my doctor that I had PCOS or POS and was placed on Metformin (Glucophage) 500ml morning and evening, because I was not seeing my period.
Now the issue is that I need to get pregnant and want to find out if I take clomid without seeing my period if I will get pregnant.
Now I cannot see my doctor because each time I go to his office he tries to abuse sexually. I cannot change him because to my fiancé that is his godfather and small god.
Please I need your urgent advice.
Thank you and God bless you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Debbyray: 4:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
Here is †ђξ result of ♍γ̲̣ test doc:
Epithelial cell(++)
Pus cell(+)yeast
Cell(++++)no virginals
Culture yielded moderate growth growth of Candida Alblican.
Was prescribed wit ofloxacin tablets400mg,mycoten vaginal tablets,flagyl,fluconazole,vit c.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by estilo(f): 9:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
Good evening doc,

Please help me to interprete the following result, it's actually for a friend of mine.

PT test blood
Says weak positive, low hcg hormone.

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 19, 2013
@jessywake.........75%
of the condition is normal,nearly all average woman in a population do
experience this and some may find aving conception has a problem,while
others experience this but later it self-limit on no proper
medication.The other 25% may be abnormal and cud result from problems
with the upper or lower reproductive tract of the woman or that of the
reproductive tract of the man.You are therefore advice to visit a GYN that may confirm normalty or abnormalty.Some case of abnormalty may be 1)UTERINE CERVIX trauma 2)MUCOPURULENT CERVICITIS 3)uneven narrowing of the UTERINE CERVIX 4)Over thickness of ur CERVICAL DISCHARGES 5)Over driedness of the ENDOCERVIX 6)sex-styles(it matters) 7)poor seminal motility(poor movement of the seminal fluid...man's problem)........Also a POST-COITAL TEST is adviceable for u n ur man....if u av prob with making pregnancy.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 19, 2013
@hitmij........It
is unwise of u to report the doctor motives here,actually this thread
is not meant for this form of issue.It carries a cohort of dishonour
among practising medicos.If u are to make and appointment next with
him,ask him for a chaperon or go with urself a chaperon,with a chaperon
by u,he cant abuse u as u felt b4.However,on ur problem,CLOMID as an
ANTI-ESTROGEN drugs is verily use also with METFORMIN combination.CLOMOPHENE CITRATE(CLOMID) is meant for OVULATION INDUCTION,n most women with STEIN-LEVENTHAL SYNDROME(PCOS) on using CLOMIPHENE CITRATE do ovulate and have conception.I do believe ur GYN will reconcile to the fact of using it to help ur infertility.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 19, 2013
@Debbyray.....If the implication of the test showed that u got a moderate CANDIDA ALBICAN growth.It is obvious u got to treat ursef with ANTIFUNGAL as given to u there.Ofcos u can use FLUCONAZOLE.......What i don't get is ur ''NO VIRGINA''........wat do u min....or let me ryt it as ''NO VIRGINA CULTURE YIELDED MODERATE GROWTH OF CANDIDA ALBICAN''...........it is quite confusing...pls write very well:
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 19, 2013
@estilo.....It means u r pregnant though the positive may be weak due to small serum hCG.You may check it as time goes on,n the result may improve into BIG FAST POSITIVE(BFP) if all physical conditions to the test are constant and external influences are ruled out!

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.