Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,552 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (880007 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dtime1: 6:05pm On Jul 13, 2008
Good day Dr,
Pls I was raped June 2006, I was a Virgin then, I tried having sex with my BF Nov 2007 but I could when he touched me me down there it hurt badly as in I screamed,and he said there was something hard there. That I should see a Doc but am ashamed to see one. Pls help me.
Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:47am On Jul 14, 2008
@ D time
I am sorry to hear about your rape however, I have to agree with your boyfriend and suggest you see a gyn.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by KarmaMod(f): 6:24am On Jul 14, 2008
Hello Kathy

I see you asked someone whether they you pantyliners in regards to their question about candasis. Are you implying that using them causes that?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by titilaelae(f): 4:44pm On Jul 14, 2008
KarmaMod:

Hello Kathy

I see you asked someone whether they you pantyliners in regards to their question about candasis. Are you implying that using them causes that?

I also need clarification on that. Does use of panty liners cause infection? Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:58pm On Jul 14, 2008
@karmamod, titilaelae
It is a simple question of why do we use pantiliners. To feel dry. However the moisture is still held and contained within the pantiliners. Pantiliners also have a waterproof lining which decreases ventilation to the vagina and vulva. Yeast loves moisture, heat and sugar. The pantiliners provide two of these requirements and the vaginal secretions produce sugars. Not every woman is equally sensitive but it is imperative to ensure adequate ventilation and decrease the heat in the vaginal area to prevent yeast. So, if you wear pantiliners, change them frequently.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tundysho(m): 10:56pm On Jul 14, 2008
Nenebran:

hello Kathyekiti,

Please i want to ask your some questions, can i get your email address am kind of shy nenebran@gmail.com thanks

Hi Doc Kathy,

You ve been doing a wonderful job on this forum and all users of this thread knows thats an understatement

Let me just chip in a point concerning the above contributor

I think you should resolve to attend to all complaints of people right on this thread so that others can benefit from it

There are so many peoples problems that people have benefitted from while not having to post the same problem on the thread

All our identities are hidden,so there is no reason for anybody to be shy for asking an all-important health related issue

Moreso non of us knew you through your e-mail,if not this thread,hence all questions should be treated on this thread only

Its just a suggestion i think will help everybody

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by titilaelae(f): 3:53pm On Jul 15, 2008
Kathy, Thanx for the enlightenment. wink
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nenebran(f): 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2008
EkitiKathy,
hi am still waiting for the reply
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ChiefS(m): 6:48pm On Jul 15, 2008
Dr in the House thanks for the great job you're doing.Please my wife is pregnant and underwent PCV test and the result was 30%.The Doctor complained it dropped from 34% the initial test she did at the beginning of the ante natal?Presently she is 5 months pregnant.What is the right PCV value and what can she do to improve on her PCV?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Krrush(m): 5:22am On Jul 16, 2008
ChiefS:

Dr in the House thanks for the great job you're doing.Please my wife is pregnant and underwent PCV test and the result was 30%.The Doctor complained it dropped from 34% the initial test she did at the beginning of the ante natal?Presently she is 5 months pregnant.What is the right PCV value and what can she do to improve on her PCV?
Thanks

Hmmm . . . .

Nenebran:

EkitiKathy,
hi am still waiting for the reply

Hmmm . . . .

@kathyekiti . . Doctor, may I apply for the night-duty locum position?

I have a short but useful resume:

Medical officer with relevant General-duty experience . . . And I'm available at night!

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:49am On Jul 18, 2008
@Krrush
aleuta continuasmiley welcome.
@chief s
is the pcv the same as hct? I am a little confused. I believe you are talking about her blood level but let me know so I may help
@ nenebran
I sent you a response already.

I have to make a quick announcement. If I receive one more 419 email, I will be forced to make my email address private. I am sick and tired of insulting people's mothers and raising my blood pressure at the idiots who make my work as a Nigerian physician more difficult

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Krrush(m): 7:02am On Jul 18, 2008
kathyekiti:

@Krrush
aleuta continuasmiley welcome.
@chief s
is the pcv tha same as hct? I am a little confused. I beleive you are talking about her blood level but let me know so I may help
@ nenebran
I sent you a response already.

I have to make a quick announcement. If I receive one more 419 email, I will be forced to make my email address private. I am sick and tired of insulting people's mothers and raising my blood pressure at the idiots who make my work as a Nigerian physician more difficult

@kathyekiti

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Yeah, "aleuta", the sruggle continues oo!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ChiefS(m): 2:46pm On Jul 18, 2008
it is the same as the blood level.I'm not a medical person so I dont know the other term you are talking about.

Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2008
@chiefS
The reason obs fuss about the blood level is because we know the patient is going to lose blood at the time of delivery so we like our patients bulked up with regards to the blood level. I like my patients to have a level of at least 34. This is an arbitrary number. The issue here is that your wife is not yet full term and her blood level is low. I would advise iron supplementation and increase consumption of foods that are rich in iron such as beef, spinach e.t.c. Don't be worried as this can be easily addressed. Just be careful with the iron supplementation as it can cause constipation. good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by lifegal(f): 6:32pm On Jul 18, 2008
hello doc.

Lost the pregnancy @22weeks 2days
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Krrush(m): 12:06am On Jul 19, 2008
lifegal:

hello doc.

Lost the pregnancy @22weeks 2days

sad sad * sigh *
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:30am On Jul 19, 2008
@lifegal
Please accept my deepest sympathy. When things have calmed down a little, if it is ok with you, I would like to know exactly what happened. Perhaps we may be able to prevent it. Don't be hard on yourself. The one thing that I have learnt in obstetrics is that doing everything right doesn't necessarily lead to the preferred outcome. Take heart

2 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:33am On Jul 19, 2008
Hi to everybody,
I will no longer make my email available as my email is being clogged with 419 messages. For those that have my email address, please respect my privacy as I will NOT reply any new questions as of today 7/18/08. I will respond to all previous questions sent to my email once. Any follow up questions MUST be on this forum. I really meant well but this is getting ridiculous. I am deleting 25-30 419 emails each day. Unfortunately because of my schedule, I am unable to check my email daily so when I do, you can imagine,
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by CH3COO(m): 7:02pm On Jul 19, 2008
Hello Docs,
Need help with a sprained ankle, it's been two-and-a-half years. Please don't tell me to try the rice method - I already did. MRI results came out negative.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 10:23pm On Jul 19, 2008
@ch3coo
It is extremely unusual to have pain from a sprained ankle for 2 1/2yrs, that being said, I would refer you to other doctor in the house thread since I specialize in 0b/gyn. Perhaps my colleagues will be able to help you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by HCH3COO: 12:44am On Jul 20, 2008
kathyekiti:

@ch3coo
It is extremely unusual to have pain from a sprained ankle for 2 1/2yrs, that being said, I would refer you to other doctor in the house thread since I specialize in 0b/gyn. Perhaps my colleagues will be able to help you.
Didn't go through with the rehabilitation process or recommended strengthening exercises, hoping it would heal on its own. It didn't.

Thanks for the input.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kikik(f): 10:09pm On Jul 20, 2008
i had 2 surgical abortions in the past 4 months and i`m not willing to go through the same prosedure.Can you please advice me on any herbs i can use to have a safe abortion.I suspect i should be 2 weeks pregnant as my breasts are getting swollen and i have a metallic taste in my mouth.I used a condom but it somehow leaked and i just don`t know why i`m getting pregnant every time i have sex.

Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Gamine(f): 11:57pm On Jul 20, 2008
Girl Sorry o.

But why are you getting preggie at all.

Doctor, is it possible to have periods twice in a month??
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:34am On Jul 21, 2008
@gamine

yes it is. It depends on your cycle length. Someone with a 21 day cycle can have a period twice in a month.

@kikik
unfortunately, I am an ob/gyn and not a herbalist. As for why you get pregnant, it is because you are having unprotected sex. If a condom is leaking, then you should obtain emergency contraception

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by titilaelae(f): 2:30pm On Jul 21, 2008
kikik:

i had 2 surgical abortions in the past 4 months and i`m not willing to go through the same prosedure.Can you please advice me on any herbs i can use to have a safe abortion.I suspect i should be 2 weeks pregnant as my breasts are getting swollen and i have a metallic taste in my mouth.I used a condom but it somehow leaked and i just don`t know why i`m getting pregnant every time i have sex.

Thank you

OMG! What some folks are looking for is the same some other peeps are geting rid off!. God, wither are thine eyes? cry cry cry cry cry sad

4 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Shibrino(f): 2:34pm On Jul 21, 2008
Hello Dr. Kathy, thank God for people like you in this forum.  My prayer for you is that you will always find answers from God to your problems.  May HE continue to strenghten you.

I am a 37 year old lady, married for a year and six months running.  I missed my period in April 2008 and after 12 days, it came up and lasted for about 2 weeks.  I went to see my doc and  he recommended a pelvic scan which I did and the result revealed some particles and suggested evacuation.  No fibrod was seen.  I did D&C to clean up and since then, my 25/26 days cyrcle change to 29, 30 32. My doc said I was having homornal inbalance and placed me on 28 days pills.   And I usually have heavy bleeding and severe pains each time my period comes up.  Now I can't even predict my ovulation.  Please help me as I need a baby desperately.  My doc prescribed clomid and vitamine E which I have taken monthly for 3 months now.  Could it be responsible for the severe pain during my period? Please help me.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by princessk1: 5:41pm On Jul 21, 2008
pls doc how unsafe is it to sleep on ur back in the third trimester?i get tired of this left side sleepin thing.thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by firstlady4(f): 6:11pm On Jul 21, 2008
Your friend should talk to her God that is the only way out now if medical professionals fail. shocked
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by largie(f): 8:45pm On Jul 21, 2008
Hi Dr Kathy
I really appreciate ur inputs here and pray God loads you and yours with blessings each day.I want to tell you i am now 7wks + preg.I went for the results of the blood work i had though every other thing came out right but the doc said something about low thyroid.Could you pls educate me on this.I still have further test to run on it though.
Thanks and God bless
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Enflamme: 9:34pm On Jul 21, 2008
Hi, i just joined nairaland and i'm pleased to know that you are giving free advise and all.
My problem is this,i've lost 4 pregnancies between march 2007 and now,the last one was in june and was told i had fibroids and it had choked the foetus,the docs say i have to have surgery and he scheduled me in for end of august,had an evacuation two weeks ago,but last tuesday,i started bleeding heavily,it's still on and associated with massive pain,i called the doc and he says it's the fibroids acting up.he asked me to take primolut n twice daily for ten days.
My question is this,one,he didn't give me anything for the pain or the weakness i'm feeling.
Two,doesn,t this mean my surgery should be moved forward.
What else should i do,isn't there some sort of drugs i should be on or something.
The docs here are vague and don't talk much,i'm a HOUSE(the series)junkie and know some medical terms and have been with some medical students during university days,just wish the docs will tell me more.
Three,what are my chances of having children after the surgery.
I'm engaged,have no kids,stay in lagos,nigeria and scared.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:49am On Jul 22, 2008
@shibrino
I have a few questions. What meds are you taking now? When is the pain, before your period or during you period? How old are you?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:51am On Jul 22, 2008
@princess K
The reason for telling you to sleep on your side is an attempt to improve perfusion to the baby however you also have to realize that sleeping on your back will decrease blood flow to the lower half of your body leading to leg cramps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.