Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879803 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by surgeon(m): 4:15am On Nov 20, 2008
[size=14pt]Dr. Kathy, thanks for your Obstetrics contribution in the new health-magazine.[/size] [size=14pt]Out next week[/size][size=14pt], folks. Now you can archive Dr. Kathy Ekiti in glossy print format![/size]

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 11:37pm On Nov 21, 2008
@izzabett
Ovulation occur 14 days before the onset of menses. You need to know the number of days in your cycle to be able to calculate your fertile days

@modupsie

I would advise your friend to go see her gyn. If possible, she should take a home pregnancy test prior to her visit.

@surgeon
Congrats!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by izzabett(f): 10:39am On Nov 24, 2008
Thanks doc Kathy.
My cycle is 28 days.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 24, 2008
hello,

a question about epidural

are there certain people who shouldnt take it
what if u have a history of backpain/scoliosis
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 9:30pm On Nov 25, 2008
@izzabett

You will ovulate 14 days before the onset of your menses. Grab a calendar and plot the dates. Try to have sex at least two days before the calculated date and on the date.

@salsera

Scoliosis just makes the epidural difficult to place. People who have back pain due to herniated lumbar discs may not be candidates for the epidural. That being said, it is immensely important to have a skilled anesthesiologist.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:26am On Nov 26, 2008
thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bolajigirl(f): 5:19pm On Nov 27, 2008
hi doc i am a lady of 29.i jus got married n i am trying to conceive.wat do i do
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bolajigirl(f): 2:54pm On Nov 28, 2008
hi doc
i am a lady of 29 years old.i have been sexually active for over a year now and jus got married a month ago.the only form of contraceptive i used then was getting up quickly,washing then taking alabukun afterwards.the alabukun contains i think aspirin and cafeine.and it was recommended to me by a pharmacist friend.then some months to my wedding i took the alabukun and postinor 2.i never got pregnant those times sha.now i am married and some thoughts have been coming to my mind.one is i hope the alabukun didnt damage anything.i went for a pelvix scan and everything is normal,no fibroid and other stuffs are normal.then i did hsv test and discovered i have candida albucan and i treated with secnidazole and my husband took it too.my period is normal within 28 days.i am jus worried if i am fertile and if d alabukun didnt damage.then i want to knw if lubricants r safe while trying to conceive?pls help me i really want to knw if i am ok.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bolajigirl(f): 3:04pm On Nov 28, 2008
hi doc
i am a lady of 29 years old.i have been sexually active for over a year now and jus got married a month ago.the only form of contraceptive i used then was getting up quickly,washing then taking alabukun afterwards.the alabukun contains i think aspirin and cafeine.and it was recommended to me by a pharmacist friend.then some months to my wedding i took the alabukun and postinor 2.i never got pregnant those times sha.now i am married and some thoughts have been coming to my mind.one is i hope the alabukun didnt damage anything.i went for a pelvix scan and everything is normal,no fibroid and other stuffs are normal.then i did hsv test and discovered i have candida albucan and i treated with secnidazole and my husband took it too.my period is normal within 28 days.i am jus worried if i am fertile and if d alabukun didnt damage.then i want to knw if lubricants r safe while trying to conceive?pls help me i really want to knw if i am ok.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by go4gold107(m): 6:57pm On Nov 29, 2008
hi doc
thx for all your advice so far. may God continue to bless you with more wisdom.
My wife has entered her second trimester (18 weeks). I am really impressed with the progress so far but I have some moe concerns. When we try to do those natural things (lol, lie love making), I am very scared of getting her to climax. Is climaxing good for a pregnant woman? Can it can cause pre-term delivery? I heard nipple stimulation might not also be too good. Is it true?

Another issue is that she complains of tummy ache somewhere well above the navel but below the chest. is it normal?

thx for ur assistance as usual doc.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:54am On Dec 05, 2008
@bolajigirl
Make sure you are taking a folic acid containing multivitamin. I would also suggest you plot your menses on a calendar so as to determine your cycle length

Alabukun will not have any effect on your fertility and most certainly is not a contraceptive. You have only been lucky so far not to get pregnant if this was your only form of contraception
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:56am On Dec 05, 2008
@go4gold

orgasm is perfectly safe. As for the pain, I would suggest she see her ob as it could be a number of things including, very commonly, heartburn
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by go4gold107(m): 8:27am On Dec 05, 2008
@ doc

Thx so much once again. She saw her ob and he said it is heartburn. He suggested yoghurt, milk and ice cream. Any suggestion from you?

Thx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by osazeet(m): 5:40pm On Dec 05, 2008
HURRAY,
MY WIFE IS NOW 15WKS PREGNANT, THANKS DOC AND EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD, GOD WILL ANSWER EVERYONES PRAYER IN HERE. BUT DOC MY WIFE COMPLAINS OF CONSTANT HEADACHE ESPECIALLY AFTERNOONS, WHAT DRUGS CAN BE APPROPRIATE FOR HER AT THIS MOMENT, FOR I RESTRICT HER FROM DRUGS INTAKE.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 9hmo(m): 8:14am On Dec 06, 2008
Dear doc.Thanks a lot for all your advice in this forum.May God continue to bless and increase your knowledge.
I`m getting married to my fiancee next year April, but i don`t want her to get pregnant until our wedding night or after wedding,
Please advice me on the best contraceptive that we will be using which will not affect her womb.
/NB/ We have been using ANDREWS LIVER SALT till date. How effective it is and any side effect?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by titilaelae(f): 6:00pm On Dec 10, 2008
Hi Doc, its me again. I happened to be your first patient on this thread. I lost that one and to God be the glory I'm carrying a 20something weeks pregnancy but still with co-existing multiple fibroids. My concern now is the best sleeping position. I've gathered that it should be the left side but the fibroids are on the right side while the fetus is on the left side of my tummy (the occasional kicks and blows so suggest grin)so when I lay on my left its like am sleeping on the fetus and that the weight of the fibroids is pressing it down.

I want to find out if the left side sleep is generally recommended for every pregnant woman or certain peculiarities like mine could give me the liberty to sleep on my back on right side. Am less concerned about my own comfort, what matters more to me is the safety of this precious one. I don't want to take chances. Do I continue on my left side. Thanks for your usual kind responses.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Krrush(m): 7:30am On Dec 11, 2008
Kathy's gone AWOL, folks . . . Dare I debutize?  . . and maybe cause Obsterics mayhem? . . grin

[size=17pt] Doctor[/size]
                                                                [size=14pt]secrets[/size] [size=16pt] .[/size]
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by titilaelae(f): 10:04am On Dec 11, 2008
Krrush:

Kathy's gone AWOL, folks . . . Dare I debutize? . . and maybe cause Obsterics mayhem? . . grin

I wonder oh, oya now, go ahead and deputize but no mayhems here o shocked shocked
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by prompt(f): 11:18am On Dec 11, 2008
DOC.
AM A LADY OF 28YRS AND HAVE BEEN HAVING CHANGES IN MY MENTRUAL CYCLE.
I USE TO SEE MY PERIOD FOR 4DAYS LATER IT BECAME 3DAYS AND NOW IT GOES FOR 2 DAYS, WAT CULD BE THE CAUSE AND SOLUTION AM WORRIED CUASE I WULD SOON GET MARRIED.

ALSO I WANT TO KNOW WAT LEUCORHIA MEANS AND IT'S CAUSE. THANKS
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Sammiejo: 8:55am On Dec 13, 2008
Dr kath,
I am 38 wks gone and would like to hold my baby ASAP. I am told that sex can help . Is this true? Can I try the missionary position? I hear walking helps too, is it true? Pls help with any other tips. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Meridian(f): 4:57pm On Dec 13, 2008
[color=#000099][/color] lipsrsealed[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][font I am missing Dr. Kathy. Can someone tell me where she has gone to and when she's coming back. Dr. truly i'm missing you. I have alot of things to share with you and seek for your advice. Please come back, i'm missing you greatly.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Meridian(f): 5:00pm On Dec 13, 2008
lipsrsealed[color=#000099][/color]I am missing Dr. Kathy. Can someone tell me where she has gone to and when she's coming back. Dr. truly i'm missing you. I have alot of things to share with you and seek for your advice. Please come back, i'm missing you greatly.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by otesy: 6:33pm On Dec 13, 2008
What causes slight pains after urinating, just at the end of passing urine? Is it a gyneacological problem, and is it sexually transmitted?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:56am On Dec 15, 2008
Hi guys,
Sorry for being AWOL. Krrush, I owe you onesmiley Without further ado:

@go4gold

i would advise that she actually stay away from dairy. It can aggravate the heartburn. Small frequent meals and no eating 2 hours prior to bedtime

@osazeet
Congrats!!! She needs to increase her water intake. She shouldn't detect any color in her urine when she uses the bathroom. It may help her headache
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:00am On Dec 15, 2008
@9hmo

I am curious as to how exactly you were using the andrew's liver salt for contraception. Please explain.

@titilaelae

So happy to hear you are chugging along nicely. I smile everytime I see your posts. The reason why we tell patients to sleep on their left is to alleviate the pressure on the major blood vessels of the mom's body. This being said, sleep anyway that makes you comfortable. You always have to remember that your baby is in a sac of water. It acts as a shock absorber so don't worry, friendsmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:04am On Dec 15, 2008
@prompt

There is no cause for alarm. The length of a woman's cycle can change over the course of a lifetime. I think you are asking of leukorrhea. It is a term to describe a white vaginal discharge that is not an infection i.e. normal no need to fretsmiley

@sammiejo

38wks already? wow. Walking and sex does help. Make sure your husband releases in you. The magic is in the semen. Good look.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by spoilt(f): 1:05am On Dec 15, 2008
kathyekiti:

@9hmo

I am curious as to how exactly you were using the andrew's liver salt for contraception. Please explain.

Kathyekiti i share your curiousity.  
Ive heard all sorts. Club soda, bitter lemon, even vitamin C!!! Ignorance truly is a scourge!!  grin grin
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:06am On Dec 15, 2008
@meridian

I'm  back.  So sorry.  I needed some R&R.  Next time, I will leave a note on the thread

@otesy
You may have a urinary tract infection.  Please see your MD to have your urine tested.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 15, 2008
Hi doc, gud job!

am not pregnant but i gat breast milk. when i squeeze my breast it comes out, for like five days now. It seems strange to me. Pls is any thing wrong with me?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Cayon(f): 10:55am On Dec 15, 2008
i'll talk to the nurse on my job 2day but thought i should ask -

i'm not cold but i cant stop shivering . (mostly, chest area) and my heart is beating kinda fast.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by titilaelae(f): 4:12pm On Dec 15, 2008
kathyekiti:

@titilaelae
So happy to hear you are chugging along nicely. I smile everytime I see your posts. The reason why we tell patients to sleep on their left is to alleviate the pressure on the major blood vessels of the mom's body. This being said, sleep anyway that makes you comfortable. You always have to remember that your baby is in a sac of water. It acts as a shock absorber so don't worry, friendsmiley
Thanks friend, am grateful to you for being there. Missed you last week, so glad you're back and well.

Now I have a fresh complaint, my urine has taken a 'near-lucozade' (yellow) colour in the last 6 days. Ive only been taking my folic acid/calcium/B-Co and ferrous tablets. What could be responsible, and will ordinary  increase of my water intake make it clear? Thanks again and remain blessed.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ChiefS(m): 10:28am On Dec 16, 2008
Thanks Doctor for all your advice.my wife has finally given birth howbeit thru c-section.This is the second c-section.She had Eclempsia in her 1st delivery in february last year but this time around she didn't experience it.However her pelvis was on borderline and she couldn't dilate beyond 7cm.My questions are:
1)Is it safe to have a third baby?

2) How long after the the last delivery is it safe to have another pregnancy?

3)What is the safest contraceptive to avoid any unwanted pregnancy since we cant abort once she conceives.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.