Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (880480 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:03pm On Oct 11, 2008
@kechai

There are several. The cheapest is flagyl (metronidazole) which are pills. There is metrogel (also metronidazole) which is a gel and the newest is clindesse (clindamycin) a vaginal cream with one application.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by princessk1: 5:55pm On Oct 11, 2008
hmm, thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by princessk1: 7:14pm On Oct 12, 2008
pls does raspberry help? (inducing labour)
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Snowwy: 7:26am On Oct 13, 2008
:-x
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mimimimi(f): 4:58pm On Oct 13, 2008
@ doctor,

i would appreciate if you can give me a solution to my problem,am a lady of 24 and am a virgin,my man too is a virgin too and we have been trying to break the hymen all these while for more than 2months now,but every time we try to do that he injures me.there was a time i evn had a tear,is this how it is hard to disvirgin or is it because the guy is not experienced?because am really fed up of this problem.
thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olabola(f): 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2008
@kathyekiti

please when am i likely to ovulate? my last menstrual date was 30th of sep, the previous months before it was 1st sep, 4th of aug and 7th of july. how many days circle do u think this is?

i wrote u sometime ago that i went to see a Gyn and he gave me some drugs which included clomid Clomiphene Citrate Fertility Drug. i have finished one course of the drug and he gave me some dates to make sure i have sex which are 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th and 18th.i have been having sex since the instructed date but i still want to be sure if this dates are right coz i can't wait to get pregnant.

one more thing Dr, i don't think i ovulate coz i seem not to notice any slippery discharge like egg white. i understand that the Clomid drug given to me makes one fertile but do u think it is okay? or can u suggest another drug for me to take which wil make me ovulate? is it true that if an egg has fertilized and u happen to have hard sex, it can bring it down without u knowing coz i kept wondering if i have been conceiving all the while but it is always coming down due to my ignorance of having hard sex during that period. and finally, is it save to drink red wine while u ovulating and having sex? can it the alchohol stop the sperm from forming with an egg?

thank u Dr as i awiat r reply
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 14, 2008
hi Kat, good job! dnt know if this is within ur scope, what causes the virgina minor and major lip to be swollen. seems like one of the lips is slacked?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 14, 2008
I find it difficult to hold urine for 30mins. Cud anything be wrong Kat?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:55am On Oct 15, 2008
@ princess K
Not that I know of

@snowwy

sorry, same answer as last time
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:03am On Oct 15, 2008
@mimimimi

Don't be frustrated. It happens even with the most experienced of partners. A lot of patience and loads of lubricant. good luck.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ebonyj(f): 2:44pm On Oct 15, 2008
Hi Dr Kathyekiti,

I had an IUD Copper coil inserted(hormone free) in February this year and I want to have it removed as I want to try for another baby, will I experience any bleeding afterwards? Will I be able to get pregnant immediately? Would I get any side effects from having it removed?
My cycles is usually between 20 and 28 days.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sagacious(f): 3:09pm On Oct 15, 2008
Hi Dr Kattyekiti,

Thanks for been there, I will like to find out the side effect of excessive prolactin homone in body and how can it affect fertility in a woman? is it inherited or what can be the possible cause and cure?

Thanks

Sagacious
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by babanne(m): 5:47pm On Oct 15, 2008
Hey doctor, i read your responses to peoples complaints and i must say you are doing a good job.
But on menstrual cycle, i once read an article online that says it is  from 21-45 days.if this is true, many of those ladies complaining can be healthy ones. what do you say.

http://managediabetesforlife..com
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:34pm On Oct 15, 2008
@olabola

The cervical mucus changes are not very specific. You have a 28 cycle based on the dates and as I vaguely recall, I didn't think that you needed clomid because you had regular periods. Since you are on the clomid now, your cycle may be off based on the dates you take the clomid. Alcohol has no effect and neither does "hard sex" I think you are being impatient, and I say that with all love. You have a good normal cycle and the clomid might make it difficult to determine your fertile days
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:36pm On Oct 15, 2008
@bluntpis
I need further description. Is it the minora or majora that is swollen or slacked?
As for the urine, you may have a urinary tract infection? Have you ever been pregnant? How many pregnancies? When did this start? Do you wake up at night multiple times to urinate? Do you lose urine if you sneeze, laugh or cough?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:40pm On Oct 15, 2008
@ebonyj
You may have spotting after the removal but you shouldn't have any problem conceiving

@sagacious

High prolactin will stop ovulation. No ovulation, no baby. It can be caused by brain tumors, psychotropic drugs or most commonly, unknown reasons. there are medications to reduce the levels after which the patient will start ovulating and can then conceive
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by babanne(m): 9:14am On Oct 16, 2008
Hey doctor, i read your responses to peoples complaints and i must say you are doing a good job.
But on menstrual cycle, i once read an article online that says it is from 21-45 days.if this is true, many of those ladies complaining can be healthy ones. what do you say.

http://managediabetesforlife..com
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sagacious(f): 10:13am On Oct 16, 2008
@ kathyekiti,

Thanks for enlighten us, I am grateful indeed, i will like to found out if high level of prolactin have anything to do with Rhesus factor , especially O negative rhesus factor
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Meridian(f): 11:24am On Oct 16, 2008
Good day Dr. Kathy,

Just yesterday 15.10.08 (i.e 25 days after the miscarriage) i saw brownish stains even till now. Please Dr. can you tell me what it means and hope it does not pose any danger?

What is 'Pronite N' (spelling may not be correct) tablet and injection use for?  Is it good for me?

Cheers!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ebonyj(f): 2:23pm On Oct 16, 2008
Thanks Dockey
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 17, 2008
I need further description. Is it the minora or majora that is swollen or slacked?
As for the urine, you may have a urinary tract infection? Have you ever been pregnant? How many pregnancies? When did this start? Do you wake up at night multiple times to urinate? Do you lose urine if you sneeze, laugh or cough?

it is the majora that is swollen.

What is Unrinary tract infection? i ve neva been pregnant b4. yes i do wake to urinate multiple times @ nite but i dnt lose urine when i sneeze, cough or laugh.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:16pm On Oct 17, 2008
@babanne

The range for what is "normal" is 21-35 days. To add more confusion, a woman's cycle may change by a couple of days monthly. Another thing that complicates this is the fact that many women will go by calendar months which the body doesn't recognize i.e. just because you have your period on the 2nd of one month doesn't mean you will have it on the 2nd of the next month.

@sagacious

Totally unrelatedsmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:17pm On Oct 17, 2008
@meridian

it may be your first menses. Don't fret. I'm not sure of the medication and unfortunately without the right spelling, I can't verify it. I'm so sorry for your loss

@ebony J
Anytime
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:20pm On Oct 17, 2008
@bluntpis

The majora is normally more swollen than the minora. A urinary tract infection is also known as a "bladder infection." You need to see your doctor as the nighttime urination may be signs of detrusor instability (bladder irritations) or even diabetes.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ikamefa(f): 11:13pm On Oct 17, 2008
@dockey

are you also a plastic surgeon? grin grin grin
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bece: 3:46pm On Oct 18, 2008
hi doc is there any drug to tighten vagina?i had stiches after my first child but when i had my second child there was no tear so no need for stiches according to the doc.but now i dont feel tight again though my husband is not complaining.my mum told me to use alum and black soap but am scared of using it.what can i use.
2.my husband likes fingering so much and i always tell him its dangerous though he has been doing it for 7 years but am still always scared that maybe he can hurt my womb or other things.
thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by angelt: 11:13am On Oct 20, 2008
hi, doctor how can i know my ovulation, i learnt it is possible to mesurate without ovalatio
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Meridian(f): 11:21am On Oct 20, 2008
Dr. Thank you. The brownish discharge i noticed, eventually was my menses. That is to say that my menses started on 15.10.08. When should i expect my ovulation.

Can ovulation be induced? If yes, what are the drugs for it. Also, can induced ovulation be fertile?

The right spelling of that drug is "Primolut N". What is it use for? Can i take the tablet and the injection?  Pls advise.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jpphilips(m): 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2008
@ kathyekiti

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology
« #565 on: September 14, 2008, 03:57 AM »

@ebonie

I can not imagine why a gyn would place an iud in a patient without any children who wishes to have a child in 6 months. It wouldn't be my first choice in a patient like you but the deed is done.

what would you prescribe if i may ask?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olive4rl(f): 2:01pm On Oct 20, 2008
thank God for making come in contact with you . and i know that you can be of help to me.
for some month now( 6-8 months) i have been noticing some blood spots from my private part during my ovulation period( change my pant two time during this period,because of the blood). i went for a urine culture test and i was told it's HEAVY GROWTH OF E.COLI , he priscibe some drugs for me, but it just stopped for two months and now it's back again. i feel pains in my stomach especiallu my chest region. please help me.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jpphilips(m): 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2008
olive4rl (f)
naija area

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology
« #669 on: Today at 02:01:07 PM »

thank God for making come in contact with you . and i know that you can be of help to me.
for some month now( 6-8 months) i have been noticing some blood spots from my private part during my ovulation period( change my pant two time during this period,because of the blood). i went for a urine culture test and i was told it's HEAVY GROWTH OF E.COLI , he priscibe some drugs for me, but it just stopped for two months and now it's back again. i feel pains in my stomach especiallu my chest region. please help me.

if really you saw the result and it is E.coli, fluconazole 150mg for three days wont be a bad idea.
the other symptoms you re talking about might be something else,
run the test again to be sure,
and what other drugs did he prescribe abinitio?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Meridian(f): 8:42am On Oct 22, 2008
Dr. Thank you. The brownish discharge i noticed, eventually was my menses. That is to say that my menses started on 15.10.08 and uptill now there is some stains[i][/i]. What is responsible for this.  When should i expect my ovulation.

Can ovulation be induced? If yes, what are the drugs for it. Also, can induced ovulation be fertile?

The right spelling of that drug is "Primolut N". What is it use for? Can i take the tablet and the injection?  please advise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.