Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879514 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by honeyjoy77: 10:42pm On Oct 07, 2017
honeyjoy77:
Please how long will it takes a person that was put to bed through CS to conceive next pregnancy.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Trish102(f): 10:23am On Oct 08, 2017
Please I sent you an email, kindly reply when you see this. It's urgent. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Trish102(f): 2:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ijebusomaada: 4:05pm On Oct 10, 2017
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Janedera(f): 4:10pm On Oct 10, 2017
Good afternoon Doctor... I saw my mensuration on the 9th of August, I have 35days cycle.. Am supposed to see it on the 22nd of September but up till now I have not seen anything.. Am kind of worried cos diz happened to me during Dix time last year I overlooked it cos I thought I was pregnant but after having a test it was negative
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 14, 2017
Abidex114:

I Was, Due To The Scarcity Of The Drug. I Accidentally Came Across It Two Days Ago And I Have Started It Again Since Then. The Heart Beat Corresponds With My Heart Beat. What Should I Do About The Bulge Eyes? The Drops(hypotears) I Am Using Isn't Working And The Oitment(chloraphenicol) Irritates Me So I Stopped It. Please Help Me

@ Abidex114 and All in the house, Please where can i get the Carbimazole drug , i have gone round almost all pharmacy i know in lagos still none had it, house, do anybody know where i can fine it please, i am having serious hyperthyroidsm, help
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Abiodunhezekiah(m): 5:22pm On Oct 14, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]BASIC LIFE SUPPORT TRAINING BLS

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 17, 2017
Trish102:
Please I sent you an email, kindly reply when you see this. It's urgent. Thanks

I have received several mails but I guess there is few to be attended to. Kindly indicate which might be yours I might have or haven't received.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Stormyweather(m): 11:19am On Oct 18, 2017
Good morning all, this is somewhat urgent. I have a friend who has some medical issues. Her menstruation is usually very painful, takes about 5 days. She has clot whitish discharge which she says flows very well. It's thick. Her lower abdomen hurts and she was recently treated for PID. After taking some drugs which name I can't lay my hands on currently, the pain during mensuration reduced but it returned again. There was a time she was rushed to the hospital because of frequent stomach ache. That was when she was treated for PID and STI. She is experiencing lower abdominal pain when she pees and sex is now painful. Please who can help out here? It's urgent please. She was told to do culture test but doctors are currently on strike. What's the way forward please? Any professional would do. Thanks in advance.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 18, 2017
Stormyweather:
Good morning all, this is somewhat urgent. I have a friend who has some medical issues. Her menstruation is usually very painful, takes about 5 days. She has clot whitish discharge which she says flows very well. It's thick. Her lower abdomen hurts and she was recently treated for PID. After taking some drugs which name I can't lay my hands on currently, the pain during mensuration reduced but it returned again. There was a time she was rushed to the hospital because of frequent stomach ache. That was when she was treated for PID and STI. She is experiencing lower abdominal pain when she pees and sex is now painful. Please who can help out here? It's urgent please. She was told to do culture test but doctors are currently on strike. What's the way forward please? Any professional would do. Thanks in advance.

She need not have to see a medical doctor to have a culture done on her urine and vaginal discharges. Vaginal and urethral swabs are carefully done in most diagnostic health centres she should make an appointment to have one visited.

Dysuria( discomfort during urination) and dyspareunia(coital discomfort) are associative symptoms of lower urinary tract infection/lower reproductive infection with both sides of the cervix involved.

She is advised to stick to sensitivity as written on the swab result sheet. No se.x during this period and that her se.x partner should have her/himself screened.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Stormyweather(m): 12:50pm On Oct 18, 2017
LuckyG1:

She need not have to see a medical doctor to have a culture done on her urine and vaginal discharges. Vaginal and urethral swabs are carefully done in most diagnostic health centres she should make an appointment to have one visited.

Dysuria( discomfort during urination) and dyspareunia(coital discomfort) are associative symptoms of lower urinary tract infection/lower reproductive infection with both sides of the cervix involved.

She is advice to stick to sensitivity as written on the swab result sheet. No se.x during this period and that her se.x partner should have her/himself screened.
thank you so much. In the meantime what do you propose for partial comfort? Please do you have an idea how much she will do tge test in other test centres? Where she is, is very underdeveloped.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2017
Stormyweather:
thank you so much. In the meantime what do you propose for partial comfort? Please do you have an idea how much she will do tge test in other test centres? Where she is, is very underdeveloped.
For the now she should adopt the following measures to ease her discomfort:

1) Avoidance of intromission (of the vagina) of any kind.
2) Sitz bathing using warm water-izal mixture or just warm water.
3)Avoidance of wearing tight fitted short panties. The use of light pants to allow ventilation is advised.
4) Avoid giving in to itching pull.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Stormyweather(m): 6:24pm On Oct 18, 2017
LuckyG1:

For the now she should adopt the following measures to ease her discomfort:

1) Avoidance of intromission (of the vagina) of any kind.
2) Sitz bathing using warm water-izal mixture or just warm water.
3)Avoidance of wearing tight fitted short panties. The use of light pants to allow ventilation is advised.
4) Avoid giving in to itching pull.
she said there are no itches. Any painkiller you can recommend for the period pain
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 18, 2017
Stormyweather:
she said there are no itches. Any painkiller you can recommend for the period pain

Okay. She may get to use any of those NSAIDs OTC of acetaminophen derivative,better still discuss her cramping with a local drug dispenser with an initiative to both receive the drug and prescription. Provided all things being normal.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Stormyweather(m): 9:55am On Oct 19, 2017
[b
LuckyG1:

Okay. She may get to use any of those [/b]NSAIDs OTC of acetaminophen[b] derivative,better still discuss her cramping with a local drug dispenser with an initiative to both receive the drug and prescription. Provided all things being normal.
thanks Oga but help me in English abeg
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Merxi: 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hello Doc..... I saw my period on the 3rd of this month and it ended on d 7th.... I used rogotinor last week but since I wasn't sure abt it nd since it was d first time of using d drug I bought postinor 2 nd used one of d tablet d day after I used d rogotinor.... So d prob now is i av bn bleeding since yesterday...... I don't know weda to call dat my period or not wic is obviously too early..wat could be d cause nd wat do u tink i shud do? I await ur reply...... Tanx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2017
Merxi:
Hello Doc..... I saw my period on the 3rd of this month and it ended on d 7th.... I used rogotinor last week but since I wasn't sure abt it nd since it was d first time of using d drug I bought postinor 2 nd used one of d tablet d day after I used d rogotinor.... So d prob now is i av bn bleeding since yesterday...... I don't know weda to call dat my period or not wic is obviously too early..wat could be d cause nd wat do u tink i shud do? I await ur reply...... Tanx

My friend you have done no well in the misuse of levonorgestrel derivative drugs. Individually,symptoms are lasting and could provoke other sleepy complication(s). Active sexual females using these drugs often for granted overlook some loop sided functions associating with use. And when the root function is achieved it only ends in the wake of other subclinical problems.

Levonorgestrel derivative drugs are mainly taken to cause cess to ovulation. When ovulation is hindered, it will lead to a failure of a body called corpus luteum. This could have sustained the cycle a bit longer before menstruation but on the use of this drug it shortened it leaving the yet-to-mature uterine lining prone to shedding out quite early.Most females may experience it as an ordinarily spotting which might appear long enough as a fluctuations in cyclic periods. In other words if this medication is used during an interval closer to the beginning of a new cycle then the bleeding may not come as appealing as necessary.

So,you are advised to watch some days more. Perhaps it could be cyclical. You may tell us if you have had this kind of bleeding before. Wait a cycle more, reach out to us if you find it disturbing and if this present flow last beyond 7days,write us.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by wowfairy(f): 4:32pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hello doc i am confused about what irregular period means and i will like you to enlighten me. Between july and oct cycle my period has been 27,31,29,31 cycle days and the duration is 5days flow.my first question : do i have an irregular menstrual cycle
2: my breast always feels heavier like 5days prior to the blood showing please is this normal? Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 19, 2017
wowfairy:
Hello doc i am confused about what irregular period means and i will like you to enlighten me. Between july and oct cycle my period has been 27,31,29,31 cycle days and the duration is 5days flow.my first question : do i have an irregular menstrual cycle
2: my breast always feels heavier like 5days prior to the blood showing please is this normal? Thanks

When a cycle by consistency has lost its restraint to maintain a normal cycle length,that is irregular cycle leading to changes in start of flow-irregular menstruation. It is accustomed and associating with variation in cycle length either as dry uterine bleeding (spotting) or a provoking uterine flow.

By virtue of this claim,you clearly get to understand your cycles have been irregular by character.

It is just few matured females that experienced a cycle of an unchanging length as compared with the general women populace. It is no big deal then since normal reproductive activities are affected by both known and unknown factors. Minding this,irregulation within some limit may be taken for a normal cyclic affair. Hopefully, it has help us not to keep striving to maintain a cycle length knowingfully well that a normal adult female may hardly keep a particular cycle length.

What then is not an irregular cycle?
Putting in mind the later part of the former paragraph,the following illustration may help you to understand what many women have termed irregulation and is not;

1) if I am a woman having my cycle length between e.g. 28 and 29 as experience by me always. Then this is not an irregulation although her cycle length exhibitted some variation but at least within some managemental limit.

2) having a short cycle length such as 20-24 days or overly lengthy cycle as with 30-35 provided all things equal.

Lastly,having breast heaviness before one sees her flow is normal.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 19, 2017
If you have mailed through nairaland platform,I may not see it. I do always see somebody has sent a mail but I can't go through them,may be I really don't know how to go over them. I am open to learn anyway. However, use the email account I have provided again and again in order to reach me if you care.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Merxi: 6:40pm On Oct 19, 2017
LuckyG1:

My friend you have done no well in the misuse of levonorgestrel derivative drugs. Individually,symptoms are lasting and could provoke other sleepy complication(s). Active sexual females using these drugs often for granted overlook some loop sided functions associating with use. And when the root function is achieved it only ends in the wake of other subclinical problems.

Levonorgestrel derivative drugs are mainly taken to cause cess to ovulation. When ovulation is hindered, it will lead to a failure of a body called corpus luteum. This could have sustained the cycle a bit longer before menstruation but on the use of this drug it shortened it leaving the yet-to-mature uterine lining prone to shedding out quite early.Most females may experience it as an ordinarily spotting which might appear long enough as a fluctuations in cyclic periods. In other words if this medication is used during an interval closer to the beginning of a new cycle then the bleeding may not come as appealing as necessary.

So,you are advised to watch some days more. Perhaps it could be cyclical. You may tell us if you have had this kind of bleeding before. Wait a cycle more, reach out to us if you find it disturbing and if this present flow last beyond 7days,write us.
Gud evening doc, I have never had this kind of bleeding before. I will get back to you after some days.... Tanx so much for ur reply
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by wowfairy(f): 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2017
[quote author=LuckyG1 post=61579038]

By virtue of this claim,you clearly get to understand your cycles have been irregular by character.
Thanks doc,how then can i regulate my cycle? Do i need to run a hormone profile or something or there are supplements i can take to this effect? Thanks once again for your time
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 19, 2017
[quote author=wowfairy post=61579977][/quote]

You can only control or regulate that which is under your obligation, not hormones. However, you can affect them for your own good.

If you care to regulate anything you should at least know to discretion what that thing is and all about...

Let's plan with you and know how you fair.
Make a profile of your hormones and let us discus privy afterward if you don't mind.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by proudmom38(f): 9:31pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hello doctors in the house......

Please I would like to know what causes a fetus heart to stop beating!

I was pregnant and started my ANC at 9wks and had my first scan, everything was fine then....

@12wks I decided to go for scan again on my own to check how my baby was doing, only to find out that the heartbeat had stopped 2wks before then (that's at 10wks)

Was told to go for second opinion even third opinion which all came back same (missed abortion). My dr adviced me to come in for evacuation which was done last week Thursday!

My questions now is....

1. What could have caused the baby to stop developing without any bleeding or spotting?
2. Please when is my period likely to start after the evacuation?
3. When is the right time to resume sex after the evacuation?

Please Note.....
I'm not in any kind of pains and I'm not bleeding either since 3days ago!

Thanks in anticipation!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 20, 2017
proudmom38:
Hello doctors in the house......

Please I would like to know what causes a fetus heart to stop beating!

I was pregnant and started my ANC at 9wks and had my first scan, everything was fine then....

@12wks I decided to go for scan again on my own to check how my baby was doing, only to find out that the heartbeat had stopped 2wks before then (that's at 10wks)

Was told to go for second opinion even third opinion which all came back same (missed abortion). My dr adviced me to come in for evacuation which was done last week Thursday!

My questions now is....

1. What could have caused the baby to stop developing without any bleeding or spotting?
2. Please when is my period likely to start after the evacuation?
3. When is the right time to resume sex after the evacuation?

Please Note.....
I'm not in any kind of pains and I'm not bleeding either since 3days ago!

Thanks in anticipation!

Good morning. We pray you bear with the loss of your pregnancy.
I can't help but ask why fetal heartbeat cessation comes mostly between 9-12weeks of gestation.
The following are assumed causes/risk factors:

1) Idiopathic-causes are yet to be identified.

2) immunological- heartbeat cessation might have resulted from the interplay of in-built system immunity that could have lead to increase fetal stress factors.

3)placental circulation- a fail on the part of blood circulation between the growing fetus and pregnant subject may stand as a risk to causing a cess beating of the heart. Infact most placental conditions leads to pregnancy loss as a result of intruding into the normal growing functioning heart. This initiates as;
i) Falling off of the placenta body.
ii) placenta bleeding( minute or largely macroscopic)
iii) clotting clogs of placental vessels.
iv) malformations of the placental body
v) wrongly situated placental body.
v) umbilical torsion.

4) Abnormal growing of the heart organ/ malformation.

5) lineage predisposition.

6)infections and other limiting factors.

Soon enough has the body is preparing to cause an abortion,simultaneously it is in-preparation to have a cyclic period kick start. It is not expected to be too soon.
Atleast within a 2-week droop of hCG and prolactin,one should expect changes that comes with having an ovulation for the fact that the pregnancy hasn't aged into term.

With no discomforts at hindsight neither any psychological trauma still in check, carry on! Enjoy!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Temmyfunmi: 9:53am On Oct 20, 2017
Morning Doctor,
I will like to know what could make my mestration to be coming for 2days while it used to be for 4days before but for the past 2months(the last one and the one I just finished yesterday)it has been 2days.I have used home test(accurate) but it shows one stripe.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 20, 2017
Temmyfunmi:
Morning Doctor,
I will like to know what could make my mestration to be coming for 2days while it used to be for 4days before but for the past 2months(the last one and the one I just finished yesterday)it has been 2days.I have used home test(accurate) but it shows one stripe.

A normal menstruation should at least flow between 2-7days. Changes within this range is allowed provided the cycle length is maintained.
Changes in bleeding intervals results from the interplay of the reproductive hormones and other factors( known or unknown). For example, after using some form of contraceptives afew number of adult females may experience random number of spotting within a cycle while others may not. Some may indulge in some medication that may cause blood thinning leading to much flow as a side-effect and then the psychological factors.

So,changes within the normal range is normal and does not call for any clinical diagnosis until it is found associating with other unhealthy factors.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by proudmom38(f): 5:28pm On Oct 20, 2017
LuckyG1:

Good morning. We pray you bear with the loss of your pregnancy.
I can't help but ask why fetal heartbeat cessation comes mostly between 9-12weeks of gestation.
The following are assumed causes/risk factors:

1) Idiopathic-causes are yet to be identified.

2) immunological- heartbeat cessation might have resulted from the interplay of in-built system immunity that could have lead to increase fetal stress factors.

3)placental circulation- a fail on the part of blood circulation between the growing fetus and pregnant subject may stand as a risk to causing a cess beating of the heart. Infact most placental conditions leads to pregnancy loss as a result of intruding into the normal growing functioning heart. This initiates as;
i) Falling off of the placenta body.
ii) placenta bleeding( minute or largely macroscopic)
iii) clotting clogs of placental vessels.
iv) malformations of the placental body
v) wrongly situated placental body.
v) umbilical torsion.

4) Abnormal growing of the heart organ/ malformation.

5) lineage predisposition.

6)infections and other limiting factors.

Soon enough has the body is preparing to cause an abortion,simultaneously it is in-preparation to have a cyclic period kick start. It is not expected to be too soon.
Atleast within a 2-week droop of hCG and prolactin,one should expect changes that comes with having an ovulation for the fact that the pregnancy hasn't aged into term.

With no discomforts at hindsight neither any psychological trauma still in check, carry on! Enjoy!

Thank you so much for this detailed explanation doctor! God bless you abundantly!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 22, 2017
proudmom38:

Thank you so much for this detailed explanation doctor! God bless you abundantly!
Amen and have a pleasant morning!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by samadeyemi007(m): 1:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
Good day doctor, I have these two issues here:
1.My wife is in her first trimester, but she's been having this stomach ache cum stomach pains. Most time it last for about 10 minutes after which she'll be OK.
2.Also she's bn vomiting virtually everyday, if she has not vomited in a day, she won't be ok. And anytime she's vomiting its like she want vomit her intestine.
Pls are these normal?
Is there advice to relate to conditions?
Thanks doc. Happy Sunday
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Teewai1621: 2:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
Good day doc,I had a natural miscarriage on 9th October after a scan that implies that I have a blighted ovum.The normal bleeding stopped after five days.I have being seeing some creamy,slimy and stringy discharge for some days now .My question is what could have caused the blighted ovum and can it be prevented? Secondly, does this discharge mean m ovulating coz I want to TTC right away.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 22, 2017
samadeyemi007:
Good day doctor, I have these two issues here:
1.My wife is in her first trimester, but she's been having this stomach ache cum stomach pains. Most time it last for about 10 minutes after which she'll be OK.
2.Also she's bn vomiting virtually everyday, if she has not vomited in a day, she won't be ok. And anytime she's vomiting its like she want vomit her intestine.
Pls are these normal?
Is there advice to relate to conditions?
Thanks doc. Happy Sunday

Welcome.

These are normal pregnancy symptoms of the 1st trimester. She would soon do well and perhaps her first time, if I may guess.

1. Normal changes leading to abdominal discomfort could result from slight to severe uterine cramping. The womb is a muscular body and it's expected to stretch other bodies of its as regarding its increment in size. This is a normal round ligament pain. Other causes could have been the effect of this size increase on her lower intestinal tract,as a result of that she may have to face pains from intestinal spasm and constipation. For a quick relief she is pardoned on the use of Paracetamol. But if symptom ontinues,she is advise to discuss it through with her doctor on her next appointment.

2.Vomiting in 1st trimester is normal too. Infact it is a normal symptom with most preggy first timers.However, it is not daily welcome exercise. Feeling of nausea and vomiting also result from changes associating with pregnancy.If she is vomiting;

i) is she vomiting?
ii) does it have a particular time?
iii) where does she always vomit?
v) is she having other symptoms apart from abdominal pain and vomiting?
vi) does she normally feel nausea at any given stress?
vii) what is her food dislike and like? Has she been having some her dislike lately?
viii) what do you think could be trigging her off? Could it be frying food,eating fried food,could it walking of cold floor or water floor,could it watching some movies or something, could it be some odors(perhaps soaps or perfumes)...?

Although it is may be welcomed preggy symptom,but may not be necessary daily. It is therefore assumed that as she goes into the other trimesters things will appear. However, if vomiting comes too compulsive she should discuss this with her OBS. The doctor in charge of it may see the need to prescribe some drugs to ease this difficulty. This is usually done especially if she is complaining of heartburn.

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.