Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,891 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879537 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 22, 2017
Teewai1621:
Good day doc,I had a natural miscarriage on 9th October after a scan that implies that I have a blighted ovum.The normal bleeding stopped after five days.I have being seeing some creamy,slimy and stringy discharge for some days now .My question is what could have caused the blighted ovum and can it be prevented? Secondly, does this discharge mean m ovulating coz I want to TTC right away.

The cause to blighted ovum is assumed to be Chromosome anomaly. The sense here is that you are carrying a pregnancy having a fetus that has chromosome numbers deviated from the standard.
Pregnancy is a thing of chance and so is a blighted ovum. The best way to prevent it is to avoid being pregnant. Here,it does not make sense!

If this discharge was transparent by appearance and gave a pattern when dried...perhaps followed by other ovulation exercise as observe by you before. Then you were in your ovulation.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Teewai1621: 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
[quote author=LuckyG1 post=6167537

If this discharge was transparent by appearance and gave a pattern when dried...perhaps followed by other ovulation exercise as observe by you before. Then you were in your ovulation.[/quote]

Thanks for your kind response Doc, the discharge is not transparent.Then, it comes out with force when I cough or sneeze.Thought it was over until i had the discharge later today .I hope this is no cause for alarm coz if I get u correctly if its not transparent it may not be ovulation.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 23, 2017
[quote author=Teewai1621 post=61676284][/quote]

No! No! I never meant that,I only said that for a complement. If the others were true, then your assumption was right.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by honeyjoy77: 8:22pm On Oct 24, 2017
[quote author=honeyjoy77 post=61207417][/quote]
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ApotiEriOluwa1(f): 7:05pm On Oct 25, 2017
R
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:39am On Oct 26, 2017
Doctor in the house, can I have your private line or whatsapp number.. need to discuss with you in private. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 28, 2017
@stephanos... I hope someone should have given you answers to your question elsewhere.

@ApotiEriOluwa... Your post was incomplete...

@honeyjoy77... Your quote wasn't mentioned, I guess.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by honeyjoy77: 2:30pm On Oct 28, 2017
honeyjoy77:
Please how long will it takes a person that was put to bed through CS to conceive next pregnancy
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 28, 2017
@honeyjoy77

Provided all things being normal,a pass of 6-9months is advised before she is expected to carry another pregnancy.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by honeyjoy77: 4:20pm On Oct 28, 2017
LuckyG1:
@honeyjoy77

Provided all things being normal,a pass of 6-9months is advised before she is expected to carry another pregnancy.
Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Sugarcious(m): 4:26pm On Oct 28, 2017
Don't forget to visit http://clickcare.com.ng and get all your health problems answered by qualified and certified doctors . It's free, private and fast. Chat with a doctor anytime. Try it out today. grin grin

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by veneza(f): 8:41pm On Oct 28, 2017
good evening gyn, please help me on this, I have trying to conceive for two years now,have done some few test,myself and HB but every thing appears perfect, my circle is 28days and its just constant, I took ovumine ,vit. E on the 5-9days of my Sept 2nd circle and the following circle came by 29th September which was regular.
The problem now is that my next circle is suppose to be on 26 October, yet I can't find it,I use PT stripe and it came negative, so I don't know what is wrong,also have been having constipation.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 28, 2017
veneza:
good evening gyn, please help me on this, I have trying to conceive for two years now,have done some few test,myself and HB but every thing appears perfect, my circle is 28days and its just constant, I took ovumine ,vit. E on the 5-9days of my Sept 2nd circle and the following circle came by 29th September which was regular.
The problem now is that my next circle is suppose to be on 26 October, yet I can't find it,I use PT stripe and it came negative, so I don't know what is wrong,also have been having constipation.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 28, 2017
veneza:

Give a week more for this,try to observe on yourself any changes that comes with either pregnancy or your flow.
Then try to carryout the home pregnancy test and a clinical blood test either to rule out or to confirm.

Be rest assured that the constipation may just be a thing of its own or something coming up with it. Eat properly as necessary and you will be just fine.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by veneza(f): 6:19am On Oct 29, 2017
LuckyG1:

Give a week more for this,try to observe on yourself any changes that comes with either pregnancy or your flow.
Then try to carryout the home pregnancy test and a clinical blood test either to rule out or to confirm.

Be rest assured that the constipation may just be a thing of its own or something coming up with it. Eat properly as necessary and you will be just fine.

Thanks, I will just check up next weekend like you said.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 29, 2017
veneza:

Thanks, I will just check up next weekend like you said.
You are welcome!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by yakbauer: 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2017
Hello, Dr
Madams visitor is 10days late, longest since we got married for about 18 months now, she ran a quick PT & it came out -ve, although it's heart breaking what's bothering us the most is an unusual fluid that she sees when pees & tries to use tissue to wipe her under. It's a thick pap like gel, it doesn't drip out, it's only when she uses a tissue that she's able to rub it & see it, very scary.
This isn't the first time, the last time it happened it was during her ovulation window in August, which passed us coz i didn't want to take chances. The doc said its not unusual that some women have "glitches" in their cycles which could cause it, & that we should wait for a week before going back to d hospital if it hasn't siezed. It did so we didn't go back.
Now it's here again but this time it's at an odd time of d month which has no correlation with the last scenario.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
yakbauer:
Hello, Dr
Madams visitor is 10days late, longest since we got married for about 18 months now, she ran a quick PT & it came out -ve, although it's heart breaking what's bothering us the most is an unusual fluid that she sees when pees & tries to use tissue to wipe her under. It's a thick pap like gel, it doesn't drip out, it's only when she uses a tissue that she's able to rub it & see it, very scary.
This isn't the first time, the last time it happened it was during her ovulation window in August, which passed us coz i didn't want to take chances. The doc said its not unusual that some women have "glitches" in their cycles which could cause it, & that we should wait for a week before going back to d hospital if it hasn't siezed. It did so we didn't go back.
Now it's here again but this time it's at an odd time of d month which has no correlation with the last scenario.
Does this discharge smell awful? Any other characteristics to show vaginal infection?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by yakbauer: 2:46pm On Oct 29, 2017
LuckyG1:
Does this discharge smell awful? Any other characteristics to show vaginal infection?

No it doesn't smell... Sorry I.missed the fact that after this the period came with serious abdominal pains, on the 40th day, this is 10 days late
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 29, 2017
yakbauer:

No it doesn't smell... Sorry I.missed the fact that after this the period came with serious abdominal pains, on the 40th day, this is 10 days late

There isn't anything to bother about,those paplike discharges are normal cyclic vagina exudates that often confirm anovulary discharges.

Those menstrual discomfort as pains are normal. She can make use of any of those helping OTC for relieving pains.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by anastasia49: 9:23pm On Oct 29, 2017
Please doctor,is a sperm count of 13million considered okay for a man?I've been trying to conceive for two years now and although my doctor says it's okay, Google tells me otherwise.I will really appreciate a second opinion .Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 29, 2017
anastasia49:
Please doctor,is a sperm count of 13million considered okay for a man?I've been trying to conceive for two years now and although my doctor says it's okay, Google tells me otherwise.I will really appreciate a second opinion .Thanks

It is not too bad at all but if it can appreciate to at least 20 million per mil litre just to take to the acceptable standard then it will be great.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by anastasia49: 6:54am On Oct 30, 2017
LuckyG1:

It is not too bad at all but if it can appreciate to at least 20 million per mil litre just to take to the acceptable standard then it will be great.

Thank you very much doctor.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by swtdarling(f): 5:48pm On Oct 30, 2017
Good evening doc

I recently went for pelvic scan, everything looks ok. But I noticed '' thin endometrial plate is noted ''. Please is this normal?

Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 30, 2017
swtdarling:
Good evening doc

I recently went for pelvic scan, everything looks ok. But I noticed '' thin endometrial plate is noted ''. Please is this normal?

Thank you

Yes! It is normal. What period of your cycle was this scan done?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by swtdarling(f): 9:05pm On Oct 30, 2017
LuckyG1:

Yes! It is normal. What period of your cycle was this scan done?

Thank you. On CD 5
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 30, 2017
swtdarling:

Thank you. On CD 5

What then do you expect? You are just 5days gone in a new cycle,the estradiol regulating the thickening of the endometrial plate is still at its low surge. It is therefore not expected of the endometrium to thicken at this point in time. Another thing to take note of,the uterine lining can also get thinning when the background level of estradiol is consistently low(hypoestrogenism). This can affect fertility and even implantation, for the fact that some level of thickening is expected of the endometrium before implantation can take place.

You are advice to repeat scanning a day before your ovulation. It is expected that the endometrium shall have thickened to normal assuming no case of hypoestrogenism. You may match it up with a hormone profiling too.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by swtdarling(f): 9:46pm On Oct 30, 2017
LuckyG1:

What then do you expect? You are just 5days gone in a new cycle,the estradiol regulating the thickening of the endometrial plate is still at its low surge. It is therefore not expected of the endometrium to thicken at this point in time. Another thing to take note of,the uterine lining can also get thinning when the background level of estradiol is consistently low(hypoestrogenism). This can affect fertility and even implantation, for the fact that some level of thickening is expected of the endometrium before implantation can take place.

You are advice to repeat scanning a day before your ovulation. It is expected that the endometrium shall have thickened to normal assuming no case of hypoestrogenism. You may match it up with a hormone profiling too.

Okay. Thanks a lot. God bless
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by AMI3(m): 1:37am On Oct 31, 2017
PLACE ORDER NOW FOR YOUR SALON, ORTHOPEDIC, DENTAL AND SURGICAL INSTRUMENTS. CALL 08109649068 0R EMAIL amabooks72@gmail.com

you can be our sales representative on commission bases

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Gloriaakin24(f): 8:21am On Oct 31, 2017
Good morning doc pls below is my pelvic scan result I did yesterday.

urinary bladder is well distended with clear urine. it shows thickness and smoothness.

normal sized uterus with AP diameter of 4.56cm and length of 9.03cm.

myometrial echoes are uniform except for an anterior subserosal round mass measuring 4.19cm X 4.20cm.

endometrial thickness is 9.8mm.
both adnexa are free.
pouch of Douglas is empty.

impression: subserosal uterine myoma.

pls will the about result affect my fertility?

I did hsg too but the test was inconclusive I was told to come and repeat the test again tomorrow which will be cd12.
is repeat of the test immediately safe? am scared to go thru d pain again.

yesterday was cd10
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2017
Gloriaakin24:
Good morning doc pls below is my pelvic scan result I did yesterday.

urinary bladder is well distended with clear urine. it shows thickness and smoothness.

normal sized uterus with AP diameter of 4.56cm and length of 9.03cm.

myometrial echoes are uniform except for an anterior subserosal round mass measuring 4.19cm X 4.20cm.

endometrial thickness is 9.8mm.
both adnexa are free.
pouch of Douglas is empty.

impression: subserosal uterine myoma.

pls will the about result affect my fertility?

I did hsg too but the test was inconclusive I was told to come and repeat the test again tomorrow which will be cd12.
is repeat of the test immediately safe? am scared to go thru d pain again.

yesterday was cd10

Madam,
Subserosal uterine fibroids develop on the outer surface of the uterus and continue to grow outwards, giving the uterus a knobby appearance. As these fibroid tumors are located on the outer surface of the uterus, when they grow in size, they start exerting pressure on the surrounding organs and in some extreme case they may even obtain their blood supply from these organs.

Sometimes, enlarged subserosal fibroids may compress the fallopian tubes. In these instances, infertility can occur due to the blockage of the fallopian tube, thereby preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Overly large sized serous mass can even distort the pelvic position of the fallopian tube resulting another diverse form of infertility. Regarding the size, it is only required for this mass to be removed if one has been trying to conceive and to ease symptoms.

You can recall your appointment if you so please,it is expected that you should find time to be comfortable with the screening exercise as to avoid some certain problems bedevilling the procedure.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Gloriaakin24(f): 4:37pm On Oct 31, 2017
LuckyG1:

Madam,
Subserosal uterine fibroids develop on the outer surface of the uterus and continue to grow outwards, giving the uterus a knobby appearance. As these fibroid tumors are located on the outer surface of the uterus, when they grow in size, they start exerting pressure on the surrounding organs and in some extreme case they may even obtain their blood supply from these organs.

Sometimes, enlarged subserosal fibroids may compress the fallopian tubes. In these instances, infertility can occur due to the blockage of the fallopian tube, thereby preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Overly large sized serous mass can even distort the pelvic position of the fallopian tube resulting another diverse form of infertility. Regarding the size, it is only required for this mass to be removed if one has been trying to conceive and to ease symptoms.

You can recall your appointment if you so please,it is expected that you should find time to be comfortable with the screening exercise as to avoid some certain problems bedevilling the procedure.

thanks for your response sir
so what can I do to stop the fibriod from growing to the uterus except surgery
on the hsg av been spoting brown when I wipe can I still go for the test
tomorrow?

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.