Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878325 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mishB(f): 7:31am On Sep 22, 2017
LuckyG1:

I have told you she should be patient and that with time she will take in again. Pertaining to helping her conceive in the least faster, of course there are helping drugs to cause induction of ovulation. She should seek the advice of a medical doctor incase of using any.
Thanks so much for your quick response....We do appreciate
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 24, 2017
Hi Dr. My gynae placed me on clomid, i saw my period two days late and it wasnt flowing normal so i went for a scan, the result of the scan is below:

Normal sized, non gravid uterus is seen - 49mm×41mm×44mm.
No adnexal pathology is identified
No collection seen in the P.O.D

Impression
1. A cyesis
2. Normal pelvic scan

Please help me out on the interpretation.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:37am On Sep 24, 2017
olajideojora:
Hi Dr. My gynae placed me on clomid, i saw my period two days late and it wasnt flowing normal so i went for a scan, the result of the scan is below:

Normal sized, non gravid uterus is seen - 49mm×41mm×44mm.
No adnexal pathology is identified
No collection seen in the P.O.D

Impression
1. A cyesis
2. Normal pelvic scan

Please help me out on the interpretation.

Good morning.
A normal pelvic scan was done. A normal sized womb was observed with no pregnancy with the other upper reproductive organs in conjunction, no disease condition was identified. The pouch,a space lingering between the womb and the outlet to the anal canal is fluidless.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Fynebouy: 9:08am On Sep 24, 2017
Hi Doc,

I just bled and passed clot and I am 6 weeks pregnant. Blood test showed BHCG at 119,223nmol while progesterone is 50nmol. At conception, BHCG was 1438 while progesterone was 80. Seems BHCG has increased but progesterone is decreasing. A.m. on 2 vials Lubion, 2 pressures 400mg Cyclogst, omg progynova and one 75mg aspirin. I can't do a scan until tomorrow but could you advise whether to increase meds now?
Many thanks undecided
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 24, 2017
Fynebouy:
Hi Doc,

I just bled and passed clot and I am 6 weeks pregnant. Blood test showed BHCG at 119,223nmol while progesterone is 50nmol. At conception, BHCG was 1438 while progesterone was 80. Seems BHCG has increased but progesterone is decreasing. A.m. on 2 vials Lubion, 2 pressures 400mg Cyclogst, omg progynova and one 75mg aspirin. I can't do a scan until tomorrow but could you advise whether to increase meds now?
Many thanks undecided

Who gave the prescription?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Janix2: 7:19pm On Sep 28, 2017
Can staph aureus infection detected via hvs block fallopian tubes especially if it has stayed untreated for long? thanks doc
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 30, 2017
Janix2:
Can staph aureus infection detected via hvs block fallopian tubes especially if it has stayed untreated for long? thanks doc

Good morning.
There is no special clinical substantiality that provide claims S. aureus responsible for tubal occlusion. Specially concern organisms responsible for it are G. neisseriae and C. trachomatis. Reason being that these organisms are interiorly proactive than S. aureus.

Now,by virtue of time if a S. aureus infection lingers to the extent of the uterine adnexa by efforts of vagina penetration,douching or infectious toxaemia; strains of such species of less interior activity comes proactive in a polymicrobial relationship. This may lead to pus formations that are likable to occlude the tubes. However,it only for chronic assumed causes.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Janix2: 10:47am On Sep 30, 2017
LuckyG1:

Good morning.
There is no special clinical substantiality that provide claims S. aureus responsible for tubal occlusion. Specially concern organisms responsible for it are G. neisseriae and C. trachomatis. Reason being that these organisms are interiorly proactive than S. aureus.

Now,by virtue of time if a S. aureus infection lingers to the extent of the uterine adnexa by efforts of vagina penetration,douching or infectious toxaemia; strains of such species of less interior activity comes proactive in a polymicrobial relationship. This may lead to pus formations that are likable to occlude the tubes. However,it only for chronic assumed causes.
Thanks Doc!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Redeemed(f): 8:17pm On Sep 30, 2017
Hi Doc,
I had hsg test done and got this result. Pls I need a better interpretation of it. Thank you in advance for your reresponse.

Contrast film: Both fallopian tubes and uterine cavity were outlined. The outlined uterus is capacious however it is normal in position and outline. The round lucencies seen in the upper part of the uterine cavity are likely due to uterine fibroid. Air lucencies are also seen within the cavity. The fallopian tubes shows normal caliber and outline with free intraperitoneal spillage of contrast at their fimbrial ends. Delay film show loculation of contrast in the pelvis likely due to pelvic adhesions. Conclusion: Bilateral patent fallopian tubes.

Note: I did myomectomy last year, did pelvic scan April this year and the result was fine.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:47am On Oct 01, 2017
I wish Nigeria and all Nigerian women a happy independence day. Irrespective of the numerous challenges in and of life we still exist. It only shows we are more than conqueror. Don't give up,wives!

2 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 01, 2017
Redeemed:
Hi Doc,
I had hsg test done and got this result. Pls I need a better interpretation of it. Thank you in advance for your reresponse.

Contrast film: Both fallopian tubes and uterine cavity were outlined. The outlined uterus is capacious however it is normal in position and outline. The round lucencies seen in the upper part of the uterine cavity are likely due to uterine fibroid. Air lucencies are also seen within the cavity. The fallopian tubes shows normal caliber and outline with free intraperitoneal spillage of contrast at their fimbrial ends. Delay film show loculation of contrast in the pelvis likely due to pelvic adhesions. Conclusion: Bilateral patent fallopian tubes.

Note: I did myomectomy last year, did pelvic scan April this year and the result was fine.

Good morning Redeemed.
This is the interpretation of your HSG done.

Both tubes and your womb were seen and in normal boundaries covering the normal space naturally attributed.
The X-ray non-absorbing part with a contriving black appearance of the womb is an assumed uterine myomatic display (fibroid) .
Fallopian tube is shown to have normal boundaries consisting a normal internal diameter. A free spilled of the filming medium at the ovarian end of the tubes gave clues of patency.
However on delaying the filming were seen presumably scars around the tubes. These scars are located between surfaces on the tubes.
Finally, your both tubes are assumably non-occluded.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2017
Redeemed.

Should you have viewed the reply I gave you before 3:03pm,you may kindly go over it again being that a little modifications were done.

Thanks for bearing with me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Azaebere: 8:41pm On Oct 01, 2017
Hello Dr. Happy Independence. Amen to your independence wish to us.
Yes it completed the 30days this time. It came on the 25th of September.
LuckyG1:

Has the 30-day completed before placing this complaint?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 01, 2017
Azaebere:
Hello Dr. Happy Independence. Amen to your independence wish to us.
Yes it completed the 30days this time. It came on the 25th of September.

Now do you still have any reason to fear,or time has made you to learn something?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rbae: 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rbae: 1:07pm On Oct 02, 2017
LuckyG1:

Now do you still have any reason to fear,or time has made you to learn something?

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
Rbae:
Hello Doctor. Please, my cousin has fibroid and after her menses ,clots do come out on the 6th day. Small clots.
She also have infections which shes treating, Shes so scared cos she always have abdominal pains and whenever she's urinating she farts all d time.
She is receiveing treatments but she's is so worried and down at the moment cos she's getting married next mnth. She's in my house now cos I cannot let her kill herself with worry.
Pls, what else can she do?

Hypermenorrhea( increase menstrual fluid volume) is a normal phenomenon with fibroid with clot removal. Abdominal pains are merely due to contraction of the uterine musculature and mass in proportion to when she is having her normal cyclic bleeding.

Removal of flatus(fart) during urination may only stand as an epiphenomenon to the fibroid but much more tending to result from lower abdominal infection or lower urinary tract infection.Infection,you said. What infection per se?
What test has she done to check it? And then,what sort if treatment is she into?

We richly applaud your kind gesture of housing her as to droop her worries and fears. We also encourage her to seek resolve to her problems by doing a removal of the fibroid from an established clinic if at all symptoms can't let her be or probably to eschew rooms for subfertility after marriage.

You may reach me: Kog315@yahoo.com.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rbae: 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
LuckyG1:

Hypermenorrhea( increase menstrual fluid volume) is a normal phenomenon with fibroid with clot removal. Abdominal pains are merely due to contraction of the uterine musculature and mass in proportion to when she is having her normal cyclic bleeding.

Removal of flatus(fart) during urination may only stand as an epiphenomenon to the fibroid but much more tending to result from lower abdominal infection or lower urinary tract infection.Infection,you said. What infection per se?
What test has she done to check it? And then,what sort if treatment is she into?

We richly applaud your kind gesture of housing her as to droop her worries and fears. We also encourage her to seek resolve to her problems by doing a removal of the fibroid from an established clinic if at all symptoms can't let her be or probably to eschew rooms for subfertility after marriage.

You may reach me: Kog315@yahoo.com.

She did a scan, HVS and urine mcs. I will send u an email now. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 02, 2017
Rbae:

She did a scan, HVS and urine mcs. I will send u an email now. Thanks.

Hope you received the mail?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by swtbiddy(f): 6:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hello Doctor please what is the daily dosage for cabergoline? My prolactin is at the border line, I don't secrete milk and my period is regular 26-28 days cycle. My doctor prescribed bromocriptine but when I took it in 2014 the side effects were terrible and I had terrible acne. When I told him he still insisted that I should buy bromocriptine. I went online and discovered that cabergoline is better so I just bought it and I need your help on dosage . Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Janix2: 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
Pls doc,what best herbal product or drug to boost sperm count and motility! goodevening doc!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 02, 2017
swtbiddy:
Hello Doctor please what is the daily dosage for cabergoline? My prolactin is at the border line, I don't secrete milk and my period is regular 26-28 days cycle. My doctor prescribed bromocriptine but when I took it in 2014 the side effects were terrible and I had terrible acne. When I told him he still insisted that I should buy bromocriptine. I went online and discovered that cabergoline is better so I just bought it and I need your help on dosage . Thanks.

Initial dose should be twice a week for 0.25mg. But 1.0mg can be taken once in a week. This is for oral route administration.
Confirm this prescription with that written on the drug leaflet or as directed by a medical doctor.

Why should you want a lower prolactin when you have a regular cycle, no nipple discharge and no libido disturbance(assumed)? Borderline,as in?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
Janix2:
Pls doc,what best herbal product or drug to boost sperm count and motility! goodevening doc!
Am sorry I don't know.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 04, 2017
Good evening doc, after going for flushing, the result read 'minimal tubal opening of both tubes'... what is the implication and can I get pregnant with such report? My endometrial lining also measured 17mm on cd13. Will it affect implantation ? I normally ovulate on cd15. What is the solution to reduce the thickness of the lining? Thanks and God bless.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 05, 2017
Queen1010:
Good evening doc, after going for flushing, the result read 'minimal tubal opening of both tubes'... what is the implication and can I get pregnant with such report? My endometrial lining also measured 17mm on cd13. Will it affect implantation ? I normally ovulate on cd15. What is the solution to reduce the thickness of the lining? Thanks and God bless.

Good morning madam.

Nothing much but at least an improvement to the former. Perhaps the flushing has done some good. As you know a tube may not be at it 100% functioning to promote fertilisation of the ovum,but for normal reproductive activities of which pregnancy is inclusive a greater percentage to normal functioning is required.

The rush to carry pregnancy is not needed now,you may have to see it necessary to give the tubes time to improve above what it is. This requires checking over time interval.

The reason for this is clear enough as to avoid any case of ectopic pregnancy. When the tubes calibre have been sustained and conditions causing the blockage is done away,then pregnancy is advised.

Do you actually think your problem is endometrial line thickening?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Redeemed(f): 10:27am On Oct 05, 2017
@Doc, thank you so much for kind gestures, only a few people can actually be so helpful. May God bless and honour you.

I have gone through your response to my post again and honestly speaking I don't know the next thing to do again. I'm in a confused state.
Sir, I would mind if you can recommend next line of action.
Thanks so much, I appreciate.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 05, 2017
Redeemed:
@Doc, thank you so much for kind gestures, only a few people can actually be so helpful. May God bless and honour you.

I have gone through your response to my post again and honestly speaking I don't know the next thing to do again. I'm in a confused state.
Sir, I would mind if you can recommend next line of action.
Thanks so much, I appreciate.

Was it that you didn't understand me?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Redeemed(f): 9:27pm On Oct 05, 2017
I understood the part which says patent tubes but the part that says scars are located around surfaces of the tubes, I understand not shocked shocked. Could it delay conception?
LuckyG1:

Was it that you didn't understand me?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:42am On Oct 06, 2017
Redeemed:
I understood the part which says patent tubes but the part that says scars are located around surfaces of the tubes, I understand not shocked shocked. Could it delay conception?

That's something related to Pelvic adhesion. It can be frustrating at times and could cause delay to conception. Pelvic adhesion may cause unnecessary attachment of the tubes to abdominal bodies causing a difficulty to conceive. It usually results from scar formation of a previous operation done on that organ.

Please I need you to run another check again-HSG to confirm the adhesion and fibroid.

Let us know about when done.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 06, 2017
LuckyG1:

Good morning madam.

Nothing much but at least an improvement to the former. Perhaps the flushing has done some good. As you know a tube may not be at it 100% functioning to promote fertilisation of the ovum,but for normal reproductive activities of which pregnancy is inclusive a greater percentage to normal functioning is required.

The rush to carry pregnancy is not needed now,you may have to see it necessary to give the tubes time to improve above what it is. This requires checking over time interval.

The reason for this is clear enough as to avoid any case of ectopic pregnancy. When the tubes calibre have been sustained and conditions causing the blockage is done away,then pregnancy is advised.

Do you actually think your problem is endometrial line thickening?

Thank you very much doctor, I raised the issue of ectopic pregnancy to the doctor that did the flushing and he said he didn't think it can get to
that. He advised I should try to get pregnant within three cycles before deciding on the next step.
I'm actually not in a rush though, due to the nature of my husband job, we see about three times in a year that is why I try to maximise the opportunity whenever he is coming around.
I'm concerned about the endrometrial lining thickening because of the scary things I heard about it.I will focus more on the tubal opening. Thanks once again for the response. GOD bless.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by honeyjoy77: 4:52pm On Oct 07, 2017
Please how long will it takes a person that was put to bed through CS to conceive again.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Redeemed(f): 8:10pm On Oct 07, 2017
Good evening doc and trust you had a rewarding day. I did a pelvic scan today in other to follow up on the hsg test I had two week ago.

Below is the narration:
USS shows a bulky uterus with an AP diameter of 5.2cm. The myometrium is expanded by solid tissue masses with echo textures and AP diameters of 1.0cm in the mid anterior wall and 1.6cm in the upper anterior wall. They are intramural in locations. Internal Os is closed. Both adnexae appear free. Pouch of Douglas is empty. No free pelvic collection sighted. No cyst. No cyesis.

Note: During the procedure, the man told me that he saw an un-ruptured egg and I'm even expecting menses to show tomorrow, I don't know what he means sir.
Thank you and God bless in Jesus name.

LuckyG1:

That's something related to Pelvic adhesion. It can be frustrating at times and could cause delay to conception. Pelvic adhesion may cause unnecessary attachment of the tubes to abdominal bodies causing a difficulty to conceive. It usually results from scar formation of a previous operation done on that organ.

Please I need you to run another check again-HSG to confirm the adhesion and fibroid.

Let us know about when done.

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.