Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878619 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Prettyuche(f): 3:24pm On Jun 15, 2019
2Ballz:

Write out your fears for me to see.
And from what I have observed so far, your panicky is largely attached to your carrying pregnancy, right?

I kip thinking am going to die from heart attack or failure cos of the constant palpitations that has tripled with this pregnancy.am just 10 weeks and my bp is 140/80.I checked on Monday.am 29
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 3:34pm On Jun 15, 2019
Prettyuche:

I kip thinking am going to die from heart attack or failure cos of the constant palpitations that has tripled with this pregnancy.am just 10 weeks and my bp is 140/80.I checked on Monday.am 29

Okay.
I have seen your fears now.
I want you to relax and take a chill...

Take a note and a mirror near you perhaps looking at yourself, write 10 ways/options at least you can try on to possibly rid out or reduced your thinking of dying by an heart failure.

Post them for me to see.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by daimsy(f): 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2019
2Ballz:

How do you know you have fibrosis of the uterine lining?
What were your symptoms?
And how do you know it is severe?
I did Hsg test Sir.
Inability to conceive.
Very scanty periods that last for just a day.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by migeoart(f): 11:06pm On Jun 15, 2019
2Ballz:

Have you being in any medication lately, past few weeks or months?
When did this all start?
yes!like earlier stated have bin on freeflow capsule since april is a fertility drug anyway but i stopped immediately i started feel drowsy
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:33am On Jun 16, 2019
daimsy:

I did Hsg test Sir.
Inability to conceive.
Very scanty periods that last for just a day.
Alright, you did an HSG. Good!
In other words, you are telling me that the Radiologist wrote on the result sheet by implication that he was suspecting or even confirmed an Asherman's syndrome or uterine synechiae. Am I right?

Or, you suspected it yourself?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:51am On Jun 16, 2019
migeoart:
yes!like earlier stated have bin on freeflow capsule since april is a fertility drug anyway but i stopped immediately i started feel drowsy
Okay. Can I know if you are not in any medication for the now?

You wrote, you did some scan and a saclike body was found.
Where was this sac located?
Were you experiencing any of these symptoms to the ones you gave me:
1. heaviness of the breast
2. morning or evening fever
3. Nausea and/or vomiting
4. frequency to urinate
5. others.

Which of these symptoms has died down?
When was the last time you had your flow?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by daimsy(f): 1:28pm On Jun 16, 2019
2Ballz:

Alright, you did an HSG. Good!
In other words, you are telling me that the Radiologist wrote on the result sheet by implication that he was suspecting or even confirmed an Asherman's syndrome or uterine synechiae. Am I right?

Or, you suspected it yourself?
He wrote severe uterine synechia.
And retroverted uterus.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:10am On Jun 17, 2019
daimsy:

He wrote severe uterine synechia.
And retroverted uterus.
Method hasn't changed, the aim is to remove the scars via hysteroscopy. It should be done by an experienced surgeon or gynosurgeon so as to avoid forming more scars than were removed. Application of some gel-like solution may be applicable to avoid fibrosis between walls of the uterus(womb) after severing the scar or adhesion. Likely from hence, he may decide to place you on estrogen/progesterone therapy just to disallow forming of scar in place of normal functioning tissue.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by daimsy(f): 9:21am On Jun 17, 2019
2Ballz:

Method hasn't changed, the aim is to remove the scars via hysteroscopy. It should be done by an experienced surgeon or gynosurgeon so as to avoid forming more scars than were removed. Application of some gel-like solution may be applicable to avoid fibrosis between walls of the uterus(womb) after severing the scar or adhesion. Likely from hence, he may decide to place you on estrogen/progesterone therapy just to disallow forming of scar in place of normal functioning tissue.

thank you Sir.
Please, is the procedure painful and expensive?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:17pm On Jun 17, 2019
daimsy:
thank you Sir.
Please, is the procedure painful and expensive?
I don't think it is expensive for you. And I don't think it will cause you pain if it is being done by an experienced surgeon...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by daimsy(f): 8:08pm On Jun 17, 2019
2Ballz:

I don't think it is expensive for you. And I don't think it will cause you pain if it is being done by an experienced surgeon...
God bless you.
I'm grateful Sir.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 5:51pm On Jun 18, 2019
daimsy:
God bless you. I'm grateful Sir.
You're most welcome.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by iamfertile(f): 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2019
@ 2Ballz. I'm just reading through your post & I'm really impressed. Maybe God bless you.. Pls, I need some help:
I've been TTC for almost 4years now. I did my 1st hsg in 2017 but it was like the doctor didn't do it correctly so I was asked to do another one in a different hospital last year(May 14th,2018( the results says right tune open but couldn't see the left due to contrast spasm)& I conceived right away that same month but lost the pregnancy at 12th weeks(scan says that the baby stopped growing) so I did evacuation. 3months after I did another hsg thinking it will help me concentrate again but it didn't work still saying the same results(the results says right tune open but couldn't see the left due to contrast spasm). Dr. Suggested laparoscopy & I did it last month(May 31st). Result: the Dr. said the dye didnt pass through the tubes but the dye wet the tube & they noticed little tracks of it in the uterus. So they conclude that the tunes are blocked. Can hsg & laparoscopy result contradict? Dr. suggested IUI/IVF but some people on Trying to conceive thread said I shud try chinese herb(yi mu cao & xi xian cao), serrapeptase, castor oil massage , clean point tampon, etc. That it has worked for them to unlock their tubes & got pregnant. I don't know what to do because I'm so devastated right now. Pls, advice, pls
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by iamfertile(f): 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2019
@ 2Ballz. I'm just reading through your post & I'm really impressed. Maybe God bless you.. Pls, I need some help:
I've been TTC for almost 4years now. am 33yrs old. I did my 1st hsg in 2017 but it was like the doctor didn't do it correctly so I was asked to do another one in a different hospital last year(May 14th,2018( the results says right tune open but couldn't see the left due to contrast spasm)& I conceived right away that same month but lost the pregnancy at 12th weeks(scan says that the baby stopped growing) so I did evacuation .I noticed that since the miscarriage my period has changed from regular 28days cycle to 31, 35, even last month was 38days cycle & the flow has reduced from 3days to 1 or 2days though am ovulating. 3months after I did another hsg thinking it will help me concentrate again but it didn't work still saying the same results(the results says right tune open but couldn't see the left due to contrast spasm). Dr. Suggested laparoscopy & I did it last month(May 31st). Result: the Dr. said the dye didnt pass through the tubes but the dye wet the tube & they noticed little tracks of it in the uterus. So they conclude that the tunes are blocked. Can hsg & laparoscopy result contradict? Dr. suggested IUI/IVF but some people on Trying to conceive thread said I shud try chinese herb(yi mu cao & xi xian cao), serrapeptase, castor oil massage , clean point tampon, etc. That it has worked for them to unblock their tubes & got pregnant. I don't know what to do because I'm so devastated right now. Pls, advice, pls.
Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:31pm On Jun 21, 2019
iamfertile:
I've been TTC for almost 4years now. am 33yrs old. I did my 1st hsg in 2017 but it was like the doctor didn't do it correctly so I was asked to do another one in a different hospital last year(May 14th,2018( the results says right tune open but couldn't see the left due to contrast spasm)& I conceived right away that same month but lost the pregnancy at 12th weeks(scan says that the baby stopped growing) so I did evacuation .I noticed that since the miscarriage my period has changed from regular 28days cycle to 31, 35, even last month was 38days cycle & the flow has reduced from 3days to 1 or 2days though am ovulating. 3months after I did another hsg thinking it will help me concentrate again but it didn't work still saying the same results(the results says right tune open but couldn't see the left due to contrast spasm). Dr. Suggested laparoscopy & I did it last month(May 31st). Result: the Dr. said the dye didnt pass through the tubes but the dye wet the tube & they noticed little tracks of it in the uterus. So they conclude that the tunes are blocked. Can hsg & laparoscopy result contradict? Dr. suggested IUI/IVF but some people on Trying to conceive thread said I shud try chinese herb(yi mu cao & xi xian cao), serrapeptase, castor oil massage , clean point tampon, etc. That it has worked for them to unblock their tubes & got pregnant. I don't know what to do because I'm so devastated right now. Pls, advice, pls.
Thanks

If I am allowed to play ignorance for the time being, can I really know where the contradiction is coming from?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by iamfertile(f): 11:39am On Jun 22, 2019
2Ballz:

If I am allowed to play ignorance for the time being, can I really know where the contradiction is coming from?

I mean if hsg says 1 tube is patent the other 1 couldn't be seen due to contrast spam & laparoscopy said both tubes are blocked - I don't understand what could have blocked the tube since I was able to get pregnant last year. pls, what can I do because its getting too long- 4years TTC? thank you,sir
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2019
iamfertile:

I mean if hsg says 1 tube is patent the other 1 couldn't be seen due to contrast spam & laparoscopy said both tubes are blocked - I don't understand what could have blocked the tube since I was able to get pregnant last year. pls, what can I do because its getting too long- 4years TTC? thank you,sir
Alright. Before you conceived, the previous year had it that you did HSG that probed a non-blockage of a unilateral(one sided) fallopian tube. We should have to reason that you were able to conceive because of the unaffected tube. Fertilization could have as well happened in other affected tube as at then but this is rare or chances even low if at all we should accept a partial blockage.
You took in and probably could have felt the condition has weaned off but in time you decided to make checking again months or years after the pregnancy loss. This time the result has it much unexpected insisting on a bilateral(two opposite) blockage with one trying to assumed a partial blocking.
This is no contradiction, this is a case of Chronic Salpingitis lead to liquiding or pus-plugging of the tubes. Causes are long stayed tubal infectious activities from Gonorrhea, Chlamydia or even Tuberculosis.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:48pm On Jun 22, 2019
iamfertile:
Thanks

As regarding those supplements, how sure are you about what they post? You know people could write big about their product just to make sale. While not ask your doctor on how long you could be before trying on other options to carry conception and see how much time you can give to try those products and if they are not coming up to expectations, you can then go for your doctor's choice.

Just never give up, and don't ever be sad. Ensure to know all you need and be rest assured that you will have a child. Keep trying options but try as much as possible to avoid being duped and intoxicating your system with senseless chemicals.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by iamfertile(f): 10:15pm On Jun 23, 2019
@2Ballz,
thank you, sir. I will do just that. I believe I will have children. I really appreciate your time. may God bless your home
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by iamfertile(f): 1:44pm On Jun 25, 2019
2Ballz:

As regarding those supplements, how sure are you about what they post? You know people could write big about their product just to make sale. While not ask your doctor on how long you could be before trying on other options to carry conception and see how much time you can give to try those products and if they are not coming up to expectations, you can then go for your doctor's choice.

Just never give up, and don't ever be sad. Ensure to know all you need and be rest assured that you will have a child. Keep trying options but try as much as possible to avoid being duped and intoxicating your system with senseless chemicals.

All the best!

Thanks, I really appreciate you,Sir.

Dr. is there something I can do to reverse my cycle back to 28day(it has changed to 35, 38days) after the miscarriage? secondly, I don't see those eggs white cervica mucus unlike before & Dr. said my hormonal profile is OK. I will upload the hormonal test & pelvic scan here

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by iamfertile(f): 1:51pm On Jun 25, 2019
2Ballz:

All the best!

pls, don't say I'm disturbing you-- I'm happy seeing someone i can freely talk to..... here's my husband's SFA. is it Ok

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 9:56pm On Jun 25, 2019
iamfertile:

Thanks, I really appreciate you,Sir.

Dr. is there something I can do to reverse my cycle back to 28day(it has changed to 35, 38days) after the miscarriage? secondly, I don't see those eggs white cervica mucus unlike before & Dr. said my hormonal profile is OK. I will upload the hormonal test & pelvic scan here
The Abdominopelvic scan is okay if properly done and demonstrated.
As for the reproductive hormone profiling, I may hold up anything to say until cycle days of which those hormones were analyze is given. Don't assume, if you can't recall prepare for another one.

Usually adult female with issues with fertility and associating long menstrual cycle have problems with their reproductive hormone distribution in greater percentage of women. Others may be linking with other endocrine problems such as with the thyroid and adrenal glands. But if none these are involve then it be structural or idiopathic.

Your cycle days can improve and perhaps the frequency to observe ovulation come umpteen if we can know the root cause to what is responsible for the abrupt change. This all depends on proper diagnosis and special treatment and then management following.
Were you the one that told me you have a history of PCOS?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 9:58pm On Jun 25, 2019
iamfertile:

pls, don't say I'm disturbing you-- I'm happy seeing someone i can freely talk to..... here's my husband's SFA. is it Ok

I can't make out anything from what you posted. You may write it out for easy deciphering.
Oh! You really not a burden.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by iamfertile(f): 10:19am On Jun 26, 2019
2Ballz:

I can't make out anything from what you posted. You may write it out for easy deciphering.
Oh! You really not a burden.

Thank you,Sir.
I Am not the one with PCOS.

I may not get the exact medical terms but I'm sure you'll understand.
I did FSH, LH, PROLACTIN, ESTRADIOL & TESTOSTERONE on CD3 & Progesterone on CD21.
Here's the results :
FSH - 10.5(3.0-12.0)minlml
LH-9.6(0.5-10.5)minlml
PROLACTIN- (16.2(1.2 - 19.5)nglml
ESTRADIOL - 19 (9- 175)pglml
TESTOSTERONE - 0.4(0.2 - 0.95)mglml
(Bronchemically suggestive of nerunogenadotrophil norunogonadison on a background of hyperprolactivemia

Progesterone - 2.8(2.0 - 25.0)nlml
(Bronchemically suggestive of ovulatory cycle)
When i had miscarriage last year May(13th) I was given 2bottles of Bromergon(2.5mg), clomid & some other drugs(antibiotics) that I cant remember their names & I am not on any fertility drugs.

Hubby SFA result...
Count - 86 * 106lml
Pus Cell - 2.3ivf
Culture - 40% (Non motile)
Abnormality - 40% (Active)
20% Sluggish
Appearance - Creamy
Viscous
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Olujanny: 12:32pm On Jun 26, 2019
Hello sir. Thanks for the good work. God bless you. Could you please recommend a drug for DH to boost sperm? The count is 10.3 × 10 (raised to power 6)
20% sluggish, 20% abnormal.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 3:15pm On Jun 26, 2019
Olujanny:
Hello sir. Thanks for the good work. God bless you. Could you please recommend a drug for DH to boost sperm? The count is 10.3 × 10 (raised to power 6)
20% sluggish, 20% abnormal.
It is recommended that a full analysis is demonstrated and studied before any form of counseling is given.
Critical overview of the criteria surrounding a SFA is much official for me to apply sense to the little you have presented here.

I hope you understand me?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 3:42pm On Jun 26, 2019
iamfertile:

Thank you,Sir.
I Am not the one with PCOS.

I may not get the exact medical terms but I'm sure you'll understand.
I did FSH, LH, PROLACTIN, ESTRADIOL & TESTOSTERONE on CD3 & Progesterone on CD21.
Here's the results :
FSH - 10.5(3.0-12.0)minlml
LH-9.6(0.5-10.5)minlml
PROLACTIN- (16.2(1.2 - 19.5)nglml
ESTRADIOL - 19 (9- 175)pglml
TESTOSTERONE - 0.4(0.2 - 0.95)mglml
(Bronchemically suggestive of nerunogenadotrophil norunogonadison on a background of hyperprolactivemia

Progesterone - 2.8(2.0 - 25.0)nlml
(Bronchemically suggestive of ovulatory cycle)
When i had miscarriage last year May(13th) I was given 2bottles of Bromergon(2.5mg), clomid & some other drugs(antibiotics) that I cant remember their names & I am not on any fertility drugs.

Hubby SFA result...
Count - 86 * 106lml
Pus Cell - 2.3ivf
Culture - 40% (Non motile)
Abnormality - 40% (Active)
20% Sluggish
Appearance - Creamy
Viscous

Alright.

As at the time you were presented with this report and the time to which this analysis was done,I can best say your ovaries were grossly not responding to both FSH and LH. Also, to have had high levels of these hormones at CD3 meant that the previous cycle before this analysis might not have been ovulatory.
The common sense here would be to have high levels of prolactin hormone in the blood whenever there is insufficiency on the part of the ovaries to respond to high stimulatory substances, just as in the report.
When all these happen, estrogen necessary to increase uterine lining for preparation for menstruation will be low(as in the report). The estrogen serving as feedback mechanism to shut down FSH and LH is not produced enough to tell the brain to stop producing of them. So, they have no choice than to increase in the blood(as in the report).

Furtherstill, no dominant follicle cyst will be formed. No normal ovarian cyst will be formed to coexist into the substance for progesterone hormone synthesis as well.
A low progesterone hormone will be washed into the blood too(as in the report). From the bloodprogesterone concentration written on your report, anyone of medical inclination to female reproduction can quickly presume that this cycle having this profile was locked out of the Progesterone or Luteal phase.
Thus, by the nature of this report I should expect lengthening of your normal cycle days, non-ovulation, galactorrhea, low libido, intercycle bleeding and mild to moderate other systemic complaint.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 3:50pm On Jun 26, 2019
iamfertile:

Hubby SFA result... Count - 86 * 106lml Pus Cell - 2.3ivf Culture - 40% (Non motile) Abnormality - 40% (Active) 20% Sluggish Appearance - Creamy Viscous
So much mixed up here...... Inconclusive.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ademerit007(f): 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2019
Good day d
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dee2019(m): 7:21pm On Jun 26, 2019
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by iamfertile(f): 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2019
2Ballz:

Alright.

As at the time you were presented with this report and the time to which this analysis was done,I can best say your ovaries were grossly not responding to both FSH and LH. Also, to have had high levels of these hormones at CD3 meant that the previous cycle before this analysis might not have been ovulatory.
The common sense here would be to have high levels of prolactin hormone in the blood whenever there is insufficiency on the part of the ovaries to respond to high stimulatory substances, just as in the report.
When all these happen, estrogen necessary to increase uterine lining for preparation for menstruation will be low(as in the report). The estrogen serving as feedback mechanism to shut down FSH and LH is not produced enough to tell the brain to stop producing of them. So, they have no choice than to increase in the blood(as in the report).

Furtherstill, no dominant follicle cyst will be formed. No normal ovarian cyst will be formed to coexist into the substance for progesterone hormone synthesis as well.
A low progesterone hormone will be washed into the blood too(as in the report). From the bloodprogesterone concentration written on your report, anyone of medical inclination to female reproduction can quickly presume that this cycle having this profile was locked out of the Progesterone or Luteal phase.
Thus, by the nature of this report I should expect lengthening of your normal cycle days, non-ovulation, galactorrhea, low libido, intercycle bleeding and mild to moderate other systemic complaint.

Dr, pls, what can I do with all these because I don't understand all these termilogies o.. pls, what do you suggest I do now? thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 1:22am On Jun 28, 2019
iamfertile:

Dr, pls, what can I do with all these because I don't understand all these termilogies o.. pls, what do you suggest I do now? thanks
I don't think some of these terms are new to you except that you haven't been checking on them since you have using this thread or TTC thread.
Still, what is it with my post you didn't understand, let me explain in brief before any suggestion from me?

Also, is this profiling more than 6-month of age?

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.