Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879298 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by alladinov: 7:16pm On May 16, 2019
Hello doc, my wife has been experiencing the following on her private part
1. Serious stracthing of the wall of the PP
2. Whitish discharge
3. Burning sensation after ejaculation
4. Burning sensation while urinating
Pls what could be the cause?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by wumgold: 8:38pm On May 16, 2019
2Ballz:

A 200-300mg is okay provided it is taken as directed with no other drug in for interaction.
What were your symptoms that had him prescribed Quinine instead of others?
Was it anywhere severe?

Not at all. Just occasional fever and I even tested negative to malaria test carried out. But he said he just wants to be careful because of the pregnancy test to avoid miscarriage
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 5:43am On May 17, 2019
wumgold:

Not at all. Just occasional fever and I even tested negative to malaria test carried out. But he said he just wants to be careful because of the pregnancy test to avoid miscarriage
Did he do labs for :
PCV
ESR
RBC/WBC counts
Hemoglobin concentration
S. typhi and S. paratyphi?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 5:56am On May 17, 2019
alladinov:
Hello doc, my wife has been experiencing the following on her private part
1. Serious stracthing of the wall of the PP
2. Whitish discharge
3. Burning sensation after ejaculation
4. Burning sensation while urinating
Pls what could be the cause?
She should check with the lab for causative agents to:
UTI
1. E. coli, Pseudomonas spp, Klebsiella spp, Staphylococcus saprophyticus or any other as common causes. .

CERVICITIS
1. Gardnerella vaginalis, Trichomonas vaginalis, Mycoplasma genitalium, Chlamydia t and others.

Associating fungal relationship may be Candida albican vulvovaginal localization.

Diagnosis:
1. Urine M/C/S
2. Endocervical Swab or HVS.

Both should be done.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by alladinov: 6:32am On May 17, 2019
2Ballz:

She should check with the lab for causative agents to:
UTI
1. E. coli, Pseudomonas spp, Klebsiella spp, Staphylococcus saprophyticus or any other as common causes. .

CERVICITIS
1. Gardnerella vaginalis, Trichomonas vaginalis, Mycoplasma genitalium, Chlamydia t and others.

Associating fungal relationship may be Candida albican vulvovaginal localization.

Diagnosis:
1. Urine M/C/S
2. Endocervical Swab or HVS.

Both should be done.
Thank you very much, will ask her to do that
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by uche23: 4:17pm On May 17, 2019
Thanks for you advice, and yes the drugs are most sensitive for the treatment. I hope its not hormonal ooooo
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by amarise: 5:00pm On May 17, 2019
Hi doctors in the house , pls i need recommendation for my wife , a medical record officer who just relocated to Abuja. will be glad for your direction to a place or person one can drop CV to for consideration.. tnx.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 5:24am On May 18, 2019
uche23:
Thanks for you advice, and yes the drugs are most sensitive for the treatment. I hope its not hormonal ooooo
It is most likely but first, take to proper treatment for S. aureus. Ensure to follow dose to drug use and duration for the treatment. If your present complaint is still in surface either you see a doctor or have a hormone profiling of your reproductive and thyroid hormones.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by wumgold: 11:34am On May 18, 2019
2Ballz:

Did he do labs for :
PCV
ESR
RBC/WBC counts
Hemoglobin concentration
S. typhi and S. paratyphi?
The only test that was carried out is the malaria test which tested negative
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:59am On May 19, 2019
wumgold:

The only test that was carried out is the malaria test which tested negative

Quinine prescription may not be necessary then. However, due to incite to avoid any duress on your part this may be tolerated.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by uche23: 7:16pm On May 30, 2019
Hello dr, im pregnant, found out last week after missing my period. initially tot it was d antibiotics bt i decided to jus test anyways and i got a bfp. im so Happy, God did it ooooo. now my big question is i was augumentin 1g twice a day and gentamycin twice a day too wen i concieved and was on it for 8days before my bfp. i stopped immediately i found out i was carrying. the dr i saw said d drugs wont cause any problem and suld com bk wen im 10-12wks gone. u tink ds drugs wer safe?. i feel very fine between
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 5:19am On May 31, 2019
uche23:
Hello dr, im pregnant, found out last week after missing my period. initially tot it was d antibiotics bt i decided to jus test anyways and i got a bfp. im so Happy, God did it ooooo. now my big question is i was augumentin 1g twice a day and gentamycin twice a day too wen i concieved and was on it for 8days before my bfp. i stopped immediately i found out i was carrying. the dr i saw said d drugs wont cause any problem and suld com bk wen im 10-12wks gone. u tink ds drugs wer safe?. i feel very fine between
Don't worry about that provided you stopped using the drug soon as you observed your being pregnant. Those drugs may not be safe but what matters most here is the length of exposure and concentration/strength of dose, these of which I think were minimal and transient.

Just prepare a 37weeks psyche peaceful sail.
All the best. Congrats!!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bankyshinani(m): 10:40pm On Jun 09, 2019
Good evening dictor, I did a SFA test like 2 months ago n d result showed scanty growth of staph..my doctor treated the infection n place on manix to boost sperm count n I have bin using d drugs buh to my surprise yesterday,I came BK from work n as I pull my trouser,all I saw was blood stains on my boxers...I traced the source n I found out it is coming from my dick n since den I have bin confused cos I don't know what it means ..... please, I really need ur help cos I don't know wat it means
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 6:17am On Jun 10, 2019
Bankyshinani:
Good evening dictor, I did a SFA test like 2 months ago n d result showed scanty growth of staph..my doctor treated the infection n place on manix to boost sperm count n I have bin using d drugs buh to my surprise yesterday,I came BK from work n as I pull my trouser,all I saw was blood stains on my boxers...I traced the source n I found out it is coming from my dick n since den I have bin confused cos I don't know what it means ..... please, I really need ur help cos I don't know wat it means

Just blood?
How severe was the bleeding?
Has it happened again?

How are you feeling generally from when you experienced it?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bankyshinani(m): 10:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
2Ballz:

Just blood?
How severe was the bleeding?
Has it happened again?

How are you feeling generally from when you experienced it?
yes sir,it is just blood but the blood is just little and i wasnt feeling any sign of discomfort....that was wat baffles me . please help me o....it has not happened since dat time
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kannyluv(f): 7:34pm On Jun 13, 2019
fibroid measure d17.3cm by 8.6cm pedunculated fundal myoma...Can she be pregnant with this or she should go for surgery ?? please your advice is needed
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by migeoart(f): 5:12pm On Jun 14, 2019
Please ooooo doctors in the house am really confused here and am more confused by the day!i have been feeling drowsy for almost 3 weeks, cramps, waist pain and bloating!i have irregular menstruation have been on freeflow capsule for 3 months now!i did pt nd twas negative i started treating malaria and typhoid on doc prescribtion and i still feel drowsy nd d cramps still there!!!
I went for scan yesterday and the result shows there is a sac but my blood test still shows negative pls any explanation on what is happening!
Note!no Pid, infections treated but i still feel sick
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by daimsy(f): 5:46pm On Jun 14, 2019
Please doc in the house,how can severe uterine synechiae be treated?
Is there possibility for someone to be pregnant as soon as possible?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Prettyuche(f): 5:58pm On Jun 14, 2019
Good evening doc.I suffer from anxiety disorder.now am currently 10 weeks pregnant with twins.it has tripled.I can't control it anymore..I used to be on sertraline before I stopped long ago and was managing it before I became pregnant.what do you suggest pls.thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by p3kdudu(m): 2:45am On Jun 15, 2019
migeoart:
Please ooooo doctors in the house am really confused here and am more confused by the day!i have been feeling drowsy for almost 3 weeks, cramps, waist pain and bloating!i have irregular menstruation have been on freeflow capsule for 3 months now!i did pt nd twas negative i started treating malaria and typhoid on doc prescribtion and i still feel drowsy nd d cramps still there!!!
I went for scan yesterday and the result shows there is a sac but my blood test still shows negative pls any explanation on what is happening!

https://www.nairaland.com/5243816/mosquito-repellent-natural-body-spray
Try longrich mosquito repellent
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 2:26pm On Jun 15, 2019
Prettyuche:
Good evening doc.I suffer from anxiety disorder.now am currently 10 weeks pregnant with twins.it has tripled.I can't control it anymore..I used to be on sertraline before I stopped long ago and was managing it before I became pregnant.what do you suggest pls.thanks
Do you have anything your being worried, bothered or uncertain about?
Also, who else knew you have problem with anxiety?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 2:33pm On Jun 15, 2019
daimsy:
Please doc in the house,how can severe uterine synechiae be treated?
Is there possibility for someone to be pregnant as soon as possible?
How do you know you have fibrosis of the uterine lining?
What were your symptoms?
And how do you know it is severe?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 2:36pm On Jun 15, 2019
migeoart:
Since it has been some hours or days you posted this, I will like to know how you are faring now.

How are you?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Prettyuche(f): 2:39pm On Jun 15, 2019
2Ballz:

Do you have anything your being worried, bothered or uncertain about?
Also, who else knew you have problem with anxiety?
Thanks for replying.actually it started when I gave birth to my first child.( postpartum anxiety).,cos I thought I was gonna die after child birth( cos mum died three months after giving birth to my younger bro).so when I gave birth,my bp went up.I said this is it,its time.that's when everything started.a year and 8 months down the line,am still stuck with it.this is my second pregnancy,I have palpitations,panic attack on daily bases.pls help!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by migeoart(f): 2:40pm On Jun 15, 2019
2Ballz:

Since it has been some hours or days you posted this, I will like to know how you are faring now.

How are you?
thanks for checking up but i still feel the same way! Drowsy,bloated cramps nd waist pain
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 2:47pm On Jun 15, 2019
kannyluv:
fibroid measure d17.3cm by 8.6cm pedunculated fundal myoma...Can she be pregnant with this or she should go for surgery ?? please your advice is needed
Of course she can be except that it may get bigger during pregnancy as result of exposure to her estrogen...
I would rather prefer a removal since being pedunculated and if at all close to the uterine tube proximal opening can disturb proper ovum activation.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 2:50pm On Jun 15, 2019
migeoart:
thanks for checking up but i still feel the same way! Drowsy,bloated cramps nd waist pain

Have you being in any medication lately, past few weeks or months?
When did this all start?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 2:51pm On Jun 15, 2019
Prettyuche:

Thanks for replying.actually it started when I gave birth to my first child.( postpartum anxiety).,cos I thought I was gonna die after child birth( cos mum died three months after giving birth to my younger bro).so when I gave birth,my bp went up.I said this is it,its time.that's when everything started.a year and 8 months down the line,am still stuck with it.this is my second pregnancy,I have palpitations,panic attack on daily bases.pls help!

Have you seen a physical doctor or (clinical) Psychologist about this?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Prettyuche(f): 2:55pm On Jun 15, 2019
2Ballz:

Have you seen a physical doctor or (clinical) Psychologist about this?
Yes.while in Lagos I was being treated by yaba psychiatric hospital in Lagos before I relocated to the east.that's when I stopped the drug.( sertraline). Cos I felt better.it now hit back again.am yet to go to the mental health people here in asaba,FMC.I feel if they give me drug ,it might affect the babies am carrying
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 3:02pm On Jun 15, 2019
Prettyuche:

Yes.while in Lagos I was being treated by yaba psychiatric hospital in Lagos before I relocated to the east.that's when I stopped the drug.( sertraline). Cos I felt better.it now hit back again.am yet to go to the mental health people here in asaba,FMC.I feel if they give me drug ,it might affect the babies am carrying
Write out your fears for me to see.
And from what I have observed so far, your panicky is largely attached to your carrying pregnancy, right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.