Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877920 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by LordAzubuike(f): 6:23pm On Mar 30, 2020
cutesharon:
DR. KATHY,
what is the dosage for mifepristone and misoprostol and what are the likely side effects for a 4wks pregnancy. thanx
Severe pain, heavy bleeding.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Slinkspec: 11:54am On Mar 31, 2020
please I need solution to this, asap. thanks

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:19pm On Mar 31, 2020
Slinkspec:
please I need solution to this, asap. thanks
Signs and symptoms?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by yeancahwunmi(f): 12:16pm On Apr 02, 2020
Good afternoon everyone, please I need help. Herein is the result of HVS test I did. Flagyl 400mg & Oflaxin 200mg was given to me. But, the symptoms persists after completing the drugs given.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by formidablefunmi(f): 2:54pm On Apr 02, 2020
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 02, 2020
Please what's the best treatment option

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 4:33pm On Apr 02, 2020
yeancahwunmi:
Good afternoon everyone, please I need help. Herein is the result of HVS test I did. Flagyl 400mg & Oflaxin 200mg was given to me. But, the symptoms persists after completing the drugs given.
Where is the result? What were the symptoms you had been having before treatment? what symptoms seem not to be improving after drug use?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 4:43pm On Apr 02, 2020
formidablefunmi:
Good afternoon my sisters. Hope we all are indoors? Corona virus is not our portion in Jesus name. Please is there any drug one can take to conceive twins? Because the way its doing me I just want twins a boy and a girl. cry
Don't you think if there were any every woman would have had a twin or more in their family?
Most families with twin(s) is/are a matter of chance, while some is chance meeting up with genetic inheritance. However, a long standing use of ovulation inducing pills can increase your chances. Meet your doctor to discus risks and benefit. Any hope apart from this is procedural and may have lots of fortune run into it.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 4:47pm On Apr 02, 2020
osydennyz:
Please what's the best treatment option
What's your doctor said about it?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
2Ballz:

What's your doctor said about it?
Hysterectomy and chemotherapy.....
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 8:07pm On Apr 02, 2020
osydennyz:
Hysterectomy and chemotherapy.....
Alright by me. Were you thinking anything else?share please!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 02, 2020
2Ballz:

Alright by me. Were you thinking anything else?share please!
I'm not a medical expert yet...I really more concerned with the chances of surviving after everything..... Cancer is one hell of an ailment....
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 8:29pm On Apr 02, 2020
osydennyz:

I'm not a medical expert yet...I really more concerned with the chances of surviving after everything..... Cancer is one hell of an ailment....
Prognosis is not bad base on the grade of differentiation, although there are other factors also to look at. Provided metastasis has not gone deep or none at all, a removal of the uterus with a follow up chemotherapy will certainly help.
How old is she?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 02, 2020
2Ballz:

Prognosis is not bad base on the grade of differentiation, although there are other factors also to look at. Provided metastasis has not gone deep or none at all, a removal of the uterus with a follow up chemotherapy will certainly help.
How old is she?
Early 50's..... please can you throw a little light on chemotherapy and how it's done in Nigeria...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by stinorhymes(m): 4:30pm On Apr 08, 2020
Good day Dr. and followers, pls I need a professional explanation of this semen analysis test because we have been trying to conceive..

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 6:45am On Apr 09, 2020
stinorhymes:
Good day Dr. and followers, pls I need a professional explanation of this semen analysis test because we have been trying to conceive..
Your seminal fluid analysis result is okay. What other explanation do really want?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by stinorhymes(m): 12:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
2Ballz:

Your seminal fluid analysis result is okay. What other explanation do really want?

I don't understand the morphology area, pls explain if u can
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bolaopeyemi: 1:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
Hi doc, well done and thanks for giving this kind of chance. Have been trying to conceive for the past 6months but around February I noticed milk discharge from my breasts, had to see my doctor. I was told it was hormonal imbalance which also leads to infertility, a drug called bromocriptine was prescribed for me and I started using it. March 16th, I was supposed to see my period but nothing showed up, had to do urine pregnancy test which was positive. I was at the hospital two weeks ago to confirm, the blood test was also positive.
My question now is, how to I calculate my EDD.
Should it be from the first of February period or the march own that didn't show up, and when am I supposed to start antenatal. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:33pm On Apr 09, 2020
stinorhymes:

I don't understand the morphology area, pls explain if u can
Morphology means structure. It covers both abnormal and normal sperm cells. The abnormality is only 5% and should only be the least to worry of. The structures under the said "abnormal" are categories of not properly formed sperm cells which squarely are of no function to reproduction.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:59pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bolaopeyemi:
Hi doc, well done and thanks for giving this kind of chance. Have been trying to conceive for the past 6months but around February I noticed milk discharge from my breasts, had to see my doctor. I was told it was hormonal imbalance which also leads to infertility, a drug called bromocriptine was prescribed for me and I started using it. March 16th, I was supposed to see my period but nothing showed up, had to do urine pregnancy test which was positive. I was at the hospital two weeks ago to confirm, the blood test was also positive.
My question now is, how to I calculate my EDD.
Should it be from the first of February period or the march own that didn't show up, and when am I supposed to start antenatal. Thanks

You have to calculate your EDD from the first day of LMP of Feb. But if I were you I would also calculate that of March for the sake of record. After that has been done I will check in for abdominal ultrasound for confirmatory prediction. The one nearest to the later would be more accepted by me.
Hope, you know how to count an EDD?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bolaopeyemi: 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2020
I don't know how to calculate EDD
Please kindly help me out
Thanks, and God bless you
2Ballz:

You have to calculate your EDD from the first day of LMP of Feb. But if I were you I would also calculate that of March for the sake of record. After that has been done I will check in for abdominal ultrasound for confirmatory prediction. The one nearest to the later would be more accepted by me.
Hope, you know how to count an EDD?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bolaopeyemi:
I don't know how to calculate EDD Please kindly help me out Thanks, and God bless you
LMP + 1yr -3month + 10days.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Curiousspectre: 4:02am On Apr 11, 2020
2Ballz:

See how simple it sounds to you but what I don't understand is the issue of "restart " and "... corrected ". Okay, what's the magic he is trying to give to her?

Thank you for your help. I'm sorry I'm just replying due to various reasons, the pharmacist perceived 3 types of drugs to her which when I checked on then had to do with hormonal imbalance as described online. About 3 days after her dosage was completed she had her period although it did not come with the pains of periods, after consulting with the pharmacist for further information he said that it was normal and by her next period it should be stable and back to normal, signs and all
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Megadixh: 1:23pm On Apr 14, 2020
Please doctors in the house kindly interpret.
Thanks.

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 3:46pm On Apr 14, 2020
Megadixh:
Please doctors in the house kindly interpret.
Thanks.

Your seminal fluid analysis is okay.
Why did you have to do ?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 3:46pm On Apr 14, 2020
Curiousspectre:

Thank you for your help. I'm sorry I'm just replying due to various reasons, the pharmacist perceived 3 types of drugs to her which when I checked on then had to do with hormonal imbalance as described online. About 3 days after her dosage was completed she had her period although it did not come with the pains of periods, after consulting with the pharmacist for further information he said that it was normal and by her next period it should be stable and back to normal, signs and all
Alright.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Megadixh: 6:11pm On Apr 14, 2020
2Ballz:

Why did you have to do ?

No cause for alarm then...
Thanks, I appreciate.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tyreal(f): 11:17am On Apr 15, 2020
Good morning doctor. From my LMP I am 6+ weeks pregnant but I started noticing spotting like a brown discharge last week. I went to hospital and was told to be in bed rest for 3 days and truthfully it stopped on the 3rd day but I started noticing it again since yesterday. Please what could be the cause and it’s been accompanied by mild cramp.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 9:49pm On Apr 15, 2020
tyreal:
Good morning doctor. From my LMP I am 6+ weeks pregnant but I started noticing spotting like a brown discharge last week. I went to hospital and was told to be in bed rest for 3 days and truthfully it stopped on the 3rd day but I started noticing it again since yesterday. Please what could be the cause and it’s been accompanied by mild cramp.
Before the first spotting, did you experience any release of waterlike substance from your vagina?

Was the uterine cervix examined?

Do you observe if this cramping is increasing in strength?

Do you find it that most signs and symptoms of pregnancy individual to you has decreased ?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ayaobax: 10:52pm On Apr 15, 2020
Goodday doctor at my left down side of my stomach I have pain there, it happen when I gave birth,when my baby is like two or three months that when I feel the pain and I went to hospital to complain. I was place on a scan and was told nothing is seen and nothing is wrong with me that my stomach system maybe moving to normal position but a week ago after eating I fet that pain again,now my baby is almost two years, still feeling the pain but can't go for checkup cause of the lockdown, please what can be the cause and with time the pain will stop on it own
Thanks hoping for your reply
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Megadixh: 1:51am On Apr 16, 2020
2Ballz:

Why did you have to do ?

Well doc, I actually did it because we’ve got no issue yet and just to ensure everything is okay.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 3:03am On Apr 16, 2020
Megadixh:

Well doc, I actually did it because we’ve got no issue yet and just to ensure everything is okay.

Good morning. I sent you a mail after the PM. I hope you saw it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.