Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,874 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878853 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ddcfft(f): 2:39pm On Feb 24, 2020
Please can any gynecologist in the house explain this to me in a layman's language &
The Dr Kept saying the fibroid isn't an issue.

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 6:15pm On Feb 24, 2020
ddcfft:
Please can any gynecologist in the house explain this to me in a layman's language &
Uterine nodules, implicate a uterine myomas seated on the base of the uterus in opposition to the endocervix. Mass of average intricate significance was seen on location. No laminal criterion to score pedunculation.
Ovaries are okay, with dominant follicles on detection.
Fallopian tubes are okay.
Other aspect attaching to the uterus and body is okay.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ddcfft(f): 8:19pm On Feb 24, 2020
[quote author=2Ballz post=86923350]
Is the fibroid an issue?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 6:56am On Feb 25, 2020
[quote author=ddcfft post=86926366][/quote]
The doctor you saw said you got no issue on it either on dimension or location, why still ask on it?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by NwanyiOkpa(f): 4:25pm On Feb 27, 2020
Good day,

For someone who had unprotected sex on ovulation and took postinor2 the next morning, would the person still get pregnant?

Also, is there anything else she can do?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 4:57pm On Feb 27, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
Good day,

For someone who had unprotected sex on ovulation and took postinor2 the next morning, would the person still get pregnant?

She is not expected to get pregnant.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by NwanyiOkpa(f): 5:21pm On Feb 27, 2020
2Ballz:

She is not expected to get pregnant.

Okay. Thanks so much.

She has been reading online that postinor doesn't work during ovulation.

I will do well to calm her down.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:48pm On Feb 27, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Okay. Thanks so much.

She has been reading online that postinor doesn't work during ovulation.

I will do well to calm her down.
The mechanism of action of any levornogestrel containing emergency postcoital pills is either to inhibit ovulation, and/or prevent fertilization. Should fertilization occur, makes a nonviable environment for the young embryo (embryoblast).
Postinor-2 must win in anyway provided time taken on this pill on sex has not drifted too far.

3 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:59pm On Feb 27, 2020
2Ballz:

The mechanism of action of any levornogestrel containing emergency postcoital pills is either to inhibit ovulation, and/or prevent fertilization. Should fertilization occur, makes a nonviable environment for the young embryo (embryoblast).
Postinor-2 must win in anyway provided time taken on this pill on sex has not drifted too far.

Thanks. I really hope so because misoprostol is scary.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by NwanyiOkpa(f): 12:24pm On Feb 28, 2020
2Ballz:

Does P2 also block implantation?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pojomojo: 5:10pm On Feb 28, 2020
This not clear and difficult to read the results
Olujanny:
Please help check this out Dr. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pojomojo: 5:11pm On Feb 28, 2020
You are very fine.
ddcfft:
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pojomojo: 5:12pm On Feb 28, 2020
postinor doesn't work during ovulation it all depends on your body, I remember back in school, a friends pills does not work for her
NwanyiOkpa:
Good day,

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pojomojo: 5:14pm On Feb 28, 2020
Emergency contraception typically works by delaying ovulation. It may also make the lining of the uterus less receptive to implantation. If you already ovulated, it's less likely to be effective.
NwanyiOkpa:

Does P2 also block implantation?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Whitepear: 5:24pm On Feb 28, 2020
I have been following this thread and i must say; "Kudos!" I just joined today to request for advise.

I had unprotected sex on my ovulation,washed
out the semen and took postinor 2 in the morning (about 13hrs) after. Then i later took the second pill at exactly 12hrs from the first pill.

I am just a bit worried because i don't want to take in.

Should i be concerned? Is there anything else i need to do?
Pojomojo 2ballz
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by NwanyiOkpa(f): 5:27pm On Feb 28, 2020
Pojomojo:
Emergency contraception typically works by delaying ovulation. It may also make the lining of the uterus less receptive to implantation. If you already ovulated, it's less likely to be effective.

Okay. So is there any other early procedure to prevent it?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:39pm On Feb 28, 2020
Pojomojo:
postinor doesn't work during ovulation it all depends on your body, I remember back in school, a friends pills does not work for her

2ballz on the contrary said it will work. I am now more confused.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:16am On Feb 29, 2020
Pojomojo:
Regarding your last sentence, you are wrong. Your second sentence does not connect with the last. Let me create the connection. Should ovulation fails (the next process===>fertilization must occur), and already less receptive nidus for the embryo can not lead to pregnancy. So, whether ovulation has taken place or not, Postinor 2 wins provided times of use is kept.
Nwanyiokpa, I will no longer write on this. Good luck.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:24am On Feb 29, 2020
Whitepear:
I have been following this thread and i must say; "Kudos!" I just joined today to request for advise.

I had unprotected sex on my ovulation,washed
out the semen and took postinor 2 in the morning (about 13hrs) after. Then i later took the second pill at exactly 12hrs from the first pill.

I am just a bit worried because i don't want to take in.

Should i be concerned? Is there anything else i need to do?
Pojomojo 2ballz
Whitepear and Nwanyiokpa, same nick, same problem...

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:47am On Feb 29, 2020
2Ballz:

Regarding your last sentence, you are wrong. Your second sentence does not connect with the last. Let me create the connection. Should ovulation fails (the next process===>fertilization must occur), and already less receptive nidus for the embryo can not lead to pregnancy. So, whether ovulation has taken place or not, Postinor 2 wins provided times of use is kept.
Nwanyiokpa, I will no longer write on this. Good luck.

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:01am On Mar 10, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Thanks
You're welcome dear.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Curiousspectre: 12:55pm On Mar 13, 2020
Hello, so a friend of mine had unprotected sex, and while her boyfriend didn't cum in her she wanted to be sure and so took postonor 2 but her period has yet to show up 13days after when it usually is supposed to have.. And while she hasn't done any test in the clinic, she has done some home tests that gave negative.. I want to know if it's Normal or there could be something wrong.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 3:39pm On Mar 13, 2020
Curiousspectre:
Hello, so a friend of mine had unprotected sex, and while her boyfriend didn't cum in her she wanted to be sure and so took postonor 2 but her period has yet to show up 13days after when it usually is supposed to have.. And while she hasn't done any test in the clinic, she has done some home tests that gave negative.. I want to know if it's Normal or there could be something wrong.
It is normal to have this alteration especially if the Postinor 2 was taken during her ovulatory phase in her cycle. The extent of extension of the bleeding time may also depends on other factors too,such as poor nutrition, stress, underweight, menstrual cycle irregularity etc. She should have a serum pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy completely, and just wait some time more for bleeding.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Esthered: 11:34pm On Mar 14, 2020
Good evening doc,
I've been married for 3 months plus but sex has been painful since I got married. After the 1st round, I feel severe pains around my genitals but I have no infection. We use lubricant to no avail. I've spoken to different medical experts and they I'm fine but it's my mind or libido. What do you think could be the problem?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:26am On Mar 15, 2020
Esthered:
Good evening doc,
I've been married for 3 months plus but sex has been painful since I got married. After the 1st round, I feel severe pains around my genitals but I have no infection. We use lubricant to no avail. I've spoken to different medical experts and they I'm fine but it's my mind or libido. What do you think could be the problem?
Do you prefer my clerking you here? I rather would preferred a closure were you answer my questions as quicker as one-to-one chatting. This will make the whole discussion less stressful and my coming slowly and your long time to answer questions will not diffuse this session.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Esthered: 10:34am On Mar 15, 2020
2Ballz:

Do you prefer my clerking you here? I rather would preferred a closure were you answer my questions as quicker as one-to-one chatting. This will make the whole discussion less stressful and my coming slowly and your long time to answer questions will not diffuse this session.
I prefer here sir and will answer all questions asked swiftly.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 4:02pm On Mar 15, 2020
Esthered:
Good evening doc,
Age?
Is this your first time of experiencing this?
How long has this been?
Color of vaginal discharge?
Does this discharge smell awful?
Do you observe almost a dried cycle?
Have you examined your vulva region and your vagina, do you observe any difference from what you ought it to be?
Are there sores or rashes on your vulva and vagina?
if there is, do you feel these sores and rashes on the mouth or inside the vaginal introitus?
Have you given birth to a child before?
Does this pain come with itching( not frequently though)?
Does this pain comes with vagina spotting?
Does this pain come with difficult in urination?

How long into sex do you appeared dried?
Do you really enjoy doing sex?
Do you really have pains in every period you do sex?
For example, do you enjoy doing sex in the morning than night?
Does a particular sex behavior gets you well fluided?
How much do you introduce sex?
How long does your pre-intimacy last before intromission?
Have you discussed this discomfort with your husband?
Has he ever tried trying to maintain a safe penile pressure into your vagina?
Was there any improvement?

Are you distressed or excessively stressed?
Do you have something bothering you?
Does anything distract your mind pre-sex and during sex?
Have you been raped before?
Depressed?
Do you find yourself losting weight?
Loss of appetite?

Menstrual cycle days?
irregular?
Nipple discharges?
Growth of hair in male define zones?
History of PID or STI?
Trying to conceive?

Within the last months of this year and the previous and to the present, what drugs have you been on?
Do you use herbs?
Do you douche, or wash the vagina black and blue everytime?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Esthered: 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2020
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Curiousspectre: 8:13am On Mar 17, 2020
2Ballz:

It is normal to have this alteration especially if the Postinor 2 was taken during her ovulatory phase in her cycle. The extent of extension of the bleeding time may also depends on other factors too,such as poor nutrition, stress, underweight, menstrual cycle irregularity etc. She should have a serum pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy completely, and just wait some time more for bleeding.

Hello, Thank you for your suggestion. so she went for a blood pregnancy test and it came out negative, the pharmacist suggested that due to the postonor 2,thereally was a case of hormonal imbalance and decided to prescribe some drugs to try correcting it. He said that the imbalance seized her period and she wouldn't be able to have a normal cycle till it was restarted and best corrected immediately to avoid problems later..
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 4:45pm On Mar 18, 2020
Curiousspectre:

Hello, Thank you for your suggestion. so she went for a blood pregnancy test and it came out negative, the pharmacist suggested that due to the postonor 2,thereally was a case of hormonal imbalance and decided to prescribe some drugs to try correcting it. He said that the imbalance seized her period and she wouldn't be able to have a normal cycle till it was restarted and best corrected immediately to avoid problems later..

See how simple it sounds to you but what I don't understand is the issue of "restart " and "... corrected ". Okay, what's the magic he is trying to give to her?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ceenelly(m): 2:11pm On Mar 20, 2020
Good day doctors in the house', please my woman tested positive to a blood pregnancy test though she saw her previous menstrual flow but when she did the test using urine it came back negative that same day, please I need to know if anyone here have encounter such a situation or have seen anyone that have encounter such. Cos we are confuse, thanks for the response
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 3:34pm On Mar 20, 2020
Ceenelly:
Good day doctors in the house', please my woman tested positive to a blood pregnancy test though she saw her previous menstrual flow but when she did the test using urine it came back negative that same day, please I need to know if anyone here have encounter such a situation or have seen anyone that have encounter such. Cos we are confuse, thanks for the response

It is common with women. This happens if the blood concentration of hCG is not great enough to pass into the urine. The common sense here is that, the home pregnancy Point of Care testing could not have detected it due to low hCG or that the pregnancy is developing slowly, or the stripping wasn't done properly. Whatever is above this is one not good to hear.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.