Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878847 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pojomojo: 6:38pm On Jan 17, 2020
Day 11
I did a follicular test below is the result

Right Ovary - NIL

Left Ovary - 17mm

Endometrim-11mm

POD- Empty

Kindly help interpret
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dmskinsolution(f): 9:33am On Jan 21, 2020
Good morning doc, May Good bless you for the great job you Re doing here.
Plz I want to ask a question,i newly got married by Dec 2019 and now I want to know my mental cycle, my ovulation and the best time to have sex to become pregnant.
My menstruation started on the 22nd dec-24th dec
This January my menstruation started on the 15th-17th
Plz doc i want to know the exact day I and my husband can meet for me to become pregnant.
And again can I take paracetamol tablet during this period of wanting to conceive.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nazzyon(m): 10:40am On Jan 22, 2020
Amethyst Medical Outreach 2020 is still ongoing

You can pay as little as 500, 1000, 300 for scaling and polishing and other services.

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ddcfft(f): 4:30pm On Jan 23, 2020
Dr please i need your advice
I got married in December 2018 and i Joined my husband officially in May 2019 and since then we have been having unprotected sex but no signs of pregnancy, I went to a hospital for evaluation and the Dr said there nothing wrong with me, he even advised me to have sex with my husband every week that I shouldn't miss two days at once so there can always be sperm inside of me.
I did a pelvic scan and he said im ok, that just little fibroids outside the womb that its not an issue.
I told the Dr that I track my ovulation, he said sometimes the time we think is the ovulation is not really the ovulation time that ovulation can happen anytime that i just just make sure i have sec with my husband and i dont miss 2 days straight.
Please what do you think?
My MC is 32dayd
My period lasts for 5days
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 6:11pm On Jan 23, 2020
ddcfft:
Dr please i need your advice
I got married in December 2018 and i Joined my husband officially in May 2019 and since then we have been having unprotected sex but no signs of pregnancy, I went to a hospital for evaluation and the Dr said there nothing wrong with me, he even advised me to have sex with my husband every week that I shouldn't miss two days at once so there can always be sperm inside of me.
I did a pelvic scan and he said im ok, that just little fibroids outside the womb that its not an issue.
I told the Dr that I track my ovulation, he said sometimes the time we think is the ovulation is not really the ovulation time that ovulation can happen anytime that i just just make sure i have sec with my husband and i dont miss 2 days straight.
Please what do you think?
My MC is 32dayd
My period lasts for 5days
Some infertility are unexplained and it will only require patient on your side to overcome it provided all things done are alright. If everything is right with you, is everything right with your husband? Your husband still need to be examined and cleared of anything responsible for your not having pregnancy. What was the result of the tracking done on folliculometry? How many times did you do tracking of your ovulation? Did you do a full assaying of your reproductive hormone and the thyroid hormone before the tracking or along with the tracking?
I disagree on ovulation happening at anytime. If your MC is 32 days, you should expect your ovulation around the 17th-18th day of your cycle. Tracking should be able to confirm that except you have changes due to irregularity. So, ovulation will have no special timing in cases of irregularity just as your doctor may be trying to tell you. Indulging in sexual exercise in the weeks out may be the only end to getting you pregnant.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 6:19pm On Jan 23, 2020
Dmskinsolution:
Good morning doc, May Good bless you for the great job you Re doing here.
Plz I want to ask a question,i newly got married by Dec 2019 and now I want to know my mental cycle, my ovulation and the best time to have sex to become pregnant.
My menstruation started on the 22nd dec-24th dec
This January my menstruation started on the 15th-17th
Plz doc i want to know the exact day I and my husband can meet for me to become pregnant.
And again can I take paracetamol tablet during this period of wanting to conceive.
The number of days as from 22nd Dec, 2019 to 15th Jan, 2020 makes your menstrual cycle. From the total number of days, remove 14days. The days covering what is left from the subtraction makes when your follicle develop an ovum for fertilisation. The very last day and days in between ranges as your fertile period.
You can always use paracetamol during this period.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 6:22pm On Jan 23, 2020
Jellos. I couldn't check my NL private mail. It is messed up. But I hope you are okay now?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Jellos: 8:39pm On Jan 23, 2020
2Ballz:
Jellos. I couldn't check my NL private mail. It is messed up. But I hope you are okay now?
Really worried and wouldnt mind an alternative medium of reaching you. Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Azaebere: 9:18pm On Jan 23, 2020
2Ballz:

Hmmmm ok oooo. Happy New year. Na so you forget me
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 9:54pm On Jan 23, 2020
Azaebere:

Hmmmm ok oooo. Happy New year. Na so you forget me
Who is forgetting who here? Women and reverse psychology, this is new year better change o.
This woman, I heard the ticket to know your whereabout requires a whole life savings.
Is that so?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 10:00pm On Jan 23, 2020
Jellos:
Really worried and wouldnt mind an alternative medium of reaching you. Thank you
Get to my profile and go through my signature. You will get my number to reach me.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Jellos: 7:58pm On Jan 24, 2020
2Ballz:

Get to my profile and go through my signature. You will get my number to reach me.
thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by vickspider(f): 12:09pm On Jan 25, 2020
Hello Doctor,

Please I need advise, I lost a pregnancy June 2019 due to Cervical insufficiency at 23-24 weeks.Conceieved through IUI due to PCOS Jan 2019. My husband and I are mentally ready to try again.The issue now is I have two fibroids but both outside my womb and my former OB/GYN believes it has nothing to do with the fibroid and advised a cerclage once we get pregnant again.

We are torn with the option of removing the fibroid or just going ahead with TTC, also added with the PCOS we are using a more natural approach based on diet, exercise and good supplements, my cycle is 33-35 days. I would appreciate any tips/advise
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 12:30am On Jan 26, 2020
vickspider:
Hello Doctor,

Please I need advise, I lost a pregnancy June 2019 due to Cervical insufficiency at 23-24 weeks.Conceieved through IUI due to PCOS Jan 2019. My husband and I are mentally ready to try again.The issue now is I have two fibroids but both outside my womb and my former OB/GYN believes it has nothing to do with the fibroid and advised a cerclage once we get pregnant again.

We are torn with the option of removing the fibroid or just going ahead with TTC, also added with the PCOS we are using a more natural approach based on diet, exercise and good supplements, my cycle is 33-35 days. I would appreciate any tips/advise

You have started a monthly plan with me. We will continue on my WhatsApp, not on Nairaland. Hope this is Viv?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 28, 2020
2Ballz:

You have started a monthly plan with me. We will continue on my WhatsApp, not on Nairaland. Hope this is Viv?
Going through your comments I could tell you were not a doctor so I took my time to find out about you, name, school, department, level, pictures, everything. Since you are almost done with med school you can give advice but know where the rabbit hole ends. Online consulting is great risk, attached is a picture of the story of Gabriel, I hope you learn something from it.

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ddcfft(f): 2:15pm On Jan 30, 2020
Hello Dr. Good Afternoon,
I hope this meets you well. I'm a newlywed.
Dr. My period is 5days late,
I have a 32day circle, I saw my period last on the 24dec - 28 Dec,
It has never been regular for past months.
It was suppose to show up on the 25th Jan but nothing yet.
I'm not experiencing any pregnancy symptoms & no implantation bleeding, no vomiting.
I intend going for a pregnancy test on monday thats if it doesn't come.
I have never experienced late period in my life before.

Dr please what do you think this?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pojomojo: 9:16pm On Jan 30, 2020
ddcfft:
I'm not experiencing any pregnancy symptoms & no implantation bleeding, no vomiting.

You be pregnant, go for the PT

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 12:27pm On Feb 01, 2020
ddcfft:

When Monday comes do have a serum beta-hCG pregnancy done in any of the available settings. Some delay are unexplainable (idiopathic) or stress related often times, or could be wrong cycle days counting due to sustaining irregularity. Just be patient, it will definitely show up provided all things remain the same with no hCG on detection.
If this last more than two weeks, kindly post again on this subject or seek the help of a physical doctor.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Naheem001: 3:48pm On Feb 01, 2020
Hi guys,

I'm inviting you to fill the Carl Survey. The short survey is focused on getting your transportation experience as we plan on enhancing the experience.

Remember, your feedback is completely anonymous. We thank you in advance for your participation. We will appreciate if you help forward to family, friends and colleagues.

Fill the survey here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdaUhE6tM7pZ7VbnO5BnUo1o3F-MhruBwBoCLROw7kURdJEvg/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Azaebere: 9:32am On Feb 08, 2020
2Ballz:

Who is forgetting who here? Women and reverse psychology, this is new year better change o.
This woman, I heard the ticket to know your whereabout requires a whole life savings.
Is that so?

Hahahaha na lie ooo. Weldone bros.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 11:48am On Feb 08, 2020
Azaebere:

Hahahaha na lie ooo. Weldone bros.
Hope I can still come around for my new year special?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ddcfft(f): 9:31pm On Feb 12, 2020
Good day Dr, How Are You? I Hope This Meets You.
Dr I Did The Blood Serum Pregnancy Test And It Came Out Positive.
The Dr Said I'm 6weeks& Few Days Gone.
So i went for a scan and the Dr asked me to come back in few weeks time that he cant see anything.
Dr I've Been Worried, Is It that Its Too Small For the Pelvic Scan To Pick.
And I Noticed I'm Still Not Having Symptoms Apart From The Tender & Heavy Brest Which Comes & Goes.
Dr Please Whats You Advice, Should I Be Worried Or I Should I Be Calm.
Thank Yoy.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 11:51pm On Feb 12, 2020
ddcfft:
Good day Dr, How Are You? I Hope This Meets You.
Dr I Did The Blood Serum Pregnancy Test And It Came Out Positive.
The Dr Said I'm 6weeks& Few Days Gone.
So i went for a scan and the Dr asked me to come back in few weeks time that he cant see anything.
Dr I've Been Worried, Is It that Its Too Small For the Pelvic Scan To Pick.
And I Noticed I'm Still Not Having Symptoms Apart From The Tender & Heavy Brest Which Comes & Goes.
Dr Please Whats You Advice, Should I Be Worried Or I Should I Be Calm.
Thank Yoy.
I am doing fine, and I hope you are not that worried as I supposed?
At 6weeks the yolk sac should be visible on ultrasound. This means a lot to the continuity of the pregnancy. A lack in detection only meant:
1) the pregnancy age concluded on previously might not have been 6weeks but even far less than the predicted.
2) an early loss of the pregnancy.
In the both, it will be normal to not experience pregnancy symptoms. But if the first was maintained there are enough hope to experience pregnancy symptoms as its ages.
Having the first assumption to be right, it would be sensible enough to have you come for scanning 1-2weeks after the previous one to cover weeks for the expected . And if the result remains the same, a further two weeks may be requested and analysis on your hCG concentration or even progesterone just to know what's up.
Stay calm, avoid thinking too much about this, keep a positive spirit, and eat well to keep you and the baby in utero healthy.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 5:55am On Feb 15, 2020
ddcfft,
Just in case to fasten your work up, you may require an endovaginal or transvaginal ultrasound done for full confirmation. At this stage an abdominal ultrasound may not be helpful though.

Apology, I came with this late. It just popped up into my head that I didn't write you up on it. Dooooh!

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ddcfft(f): 3:49pm On Feb 18, 2020
Thank you Doc. I did another pregnancy test on friday and it came out positive.
I will be going back for a scan next week.
I noticed some virginal bleeding and light cramps this morning, I called my doctor and he told me to watch it, if it gets serious i should come in tomorrow.
Though Im worried, I complained to my mother in-law she told me its normal at the early stage.
Please guys I'm worried.
This is my first pregnancy.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by adedayoa2(f): 7:30am On Feb 20, 2020
ddcfft:
I noticed some virginal bleeding and light cramps this morning, I called my doctor and he told me to watch it, if it gets serious i should come in tomorrow.
Though Im worried, I complained to my mother in-law she told me its normal at the early stage.
Please guys I'm worried.
I'm not a doctor, but i pray its not a blighted ovum. Just be calm, you'll be fine

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Olujanny: 10:05am On Feb 20, 2020
Please help check this out Dr. Thanks

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by giftfromGod(f): 5:06pm On Feb 21, 2020
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 4:26pm On Feb 23, 2020
ddcfft:
Please guys I'm worried.
You will do yourself all the good in this life by just remaining relax about this whole thing.
All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 4:31pm On Feb 23, 2020
nifeseun,
There is no way I could have replied you, my NL pm box has not been functioning for me. If you still have the need to talk with me in private, use my signature in my profile to be with me on WhatsApp.
All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 4:35pm On Feb 23, 2020
Olujanny:
Please help check this out Dr. Thanks
Man! Those prints are quite terrible. Even with my glasses on I could hardly pick anything. Should hearing from me is necessary,just let the snap big enough for anyone to see it properly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.