Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,412 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (880487 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ammamat(f): 9:27am On Jul 02, 2009
Please Doctor, my body is always very hot at night and do not know what that supose to mean, and my guy do complain about it and i do feel bad about it,
Though each time he complained I always try to say one or two things, like that is how my body system is meanwhile inside me, am restless coz i don't really know what is going on.
Please help.
Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by babygirl6(m): 11:01am On Jul 02, 2009
doc you did not answer my own question
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by obidia(f): 1:34pm On Jul 02, 2009
Thanks doctor kathy.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by dominique(f): 1:56pm On Jul 02, 2009
thanks doc. you're such a blessing to this forum smiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by susanamand(f): 3:22pm On Jul 02, 2009
Dear Doc,

Please kindly help me.

I have not have sex for seven years now after i got disvirgin, can i really get pregnant if i should have unprotected sex now.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:08pm On Jul 02, 2009
why would you have unprotected sex
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 03, 2009
Because she wants to get pregnant
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Evangelin: 8:43am On Jul 03, 2009
Doc, good day. Am sorry for repeating my below question. Please am in need of your help, answer me to know the way forward. Below are my questions.

Evy.

Dear Doc Katthy,

Compliments of the season and more grease to your elbow. May the good Lord always continue to bless you for your humanity assistance which you gave every minute of the day freely.

Doc, pls something has been bordering me and decided to ask you question pertaining that, doc is it possible for one under 28 cycle of her monthly period to ovulate on 9th day instead of on the 14th day (i mean 28days cycle). I saw my period on May 9th and June 5th.

Then on the 13th of June (ie on the night day) i saw something like egg white clear and very stretchy and also on 14th (the 10th day) and 15th (11th day)Monday morning and it disappear. When i expected to see it on the 14th day the ovulation day that is on Thursday, but nothing was coming out it looks at if i am not ovulating.

Please advice me, does it mean that i ovulated on the 9th day instead of 14th day. I am confused or is what i saw not ovulation?

Secondly, there is always whitish something that looks like grinded melon which i normally see whenever i wanted to clean inside my vagina with water or each time i urinated, something white like grinded melon will come out. Please what does it mean? Is it an infection or what? And will it hampered my chances of getting pregnant?

Please your candid advice will be highly appreciated.

EVY
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 7:26pm On Jul 03, 2009
@evangelin
I suggest you buy an ovulation kit. It lets you know exactly which day you ovulate. Refrain from douching i.e. putting water in your vagina. It can lead to yeast infections which do not affect your ability to get pregnant

@9hmo
It is not unusual for a woman to get cramps the first two days of pregnancy. Since you haven't really tried, there is no way of knowing if she can or can not get pregnant.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 7:29pm On Jul 03, 2009
@ammamat
Do you sweat?

@utcheluv
You shouldn't be. Your husband's analysis looks good. Be patient. Only after 1 year do we start wondering about infertility. I would suggest you get an ovulation kit
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 7:34pm On Jul 03, 2009
@ oluwawunmi
It shows yeast. Nothing to worry about. I think you should relax. You don't need all these procedures. Be patient

@xyzhelp
Please don't post such things here again unless you have a question related to a personal problem. My posters know what an ob/gyn is.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 7:35pm On Jul 03, 2009
@theolar
None. I would only suggest safer sex practices so as not to contract an std which can affect fertility

@vinvinonyi
I suggest you see your internist/GP
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 7:40pm On Jul 03, 2009
@olabola
I think everything is fine. It takes a while for your period to regulate. I don't think you had a follow up miscarriage. I think you should get an ovulation kit to help you determine your fertile days. Good luck

@venuss
You need a check to make sure you don't have a urinary tract infection. Sleeping on your chest could cause breast pain and it is very important that you wear the right sized bra
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 7:44pm On Jul 03, 2009
@vindylomo
I am sooooo happy for you!! Congratulations and you will be in my prayers. Please keep me postedsmiley

@aladunni
It is quite inaccurate. An ovulation kit is a better deal
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 7:47pm On Jul 03, 2009
@babygirl
If it is herpes, there is no permanent cure. You should see a gyn for proper diagnosis

@susanamand
Yes you can
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Evangelin: 10:01am On Jul 06, 2009
Dear Doc Katty,

Thanks for your advice. I will buy the ovulation kit as soon as possible. I will also keep you posted after using it and possibly, if i am ovulating.

Thank you.

EVY
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Anamelechi: 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2009
Good day Doctor, pleae my close friend went for unrinary track test last 3 months.the test showed that she has a heavy growth of staphylococcus aureus. She giving peflomed(21\2 cards) to take based on test. Since she finished the drugs she has been trying to be pregnant but she is not. Does it mean that the infection affected her fallopian tube. And please what do you advise her to do.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Aladunni(f): 3:09pm On Jul 07, 2009
hi doc, pls wen is the most appropriate timing to start using OPK to get a most accurate result. i used it in a cycle of 26 on d average yet the four sticks used showed negative but there was a significant rise of .4 degrees in my temperature on d 10th day wit a bbt thermometer or rather a digital thermometer. but as you said its inaccurate seems confusing and i followed all instructions. thanks for a job well done always.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tishat(f): 3:53pm On Jul 07, 2009
Doctor i noticed that am having scanty period,it started about 4months back,its still comes every month at the normal time but stops after 2 or maximum of 3days,after which it will become very light,am worried,i ve gone for STD test and the test came out satisfactory cos i don't have any infection.Please advice me on what could be the cause,and any other test i should do to.Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Stdomain(f): 10:10am On Jul 08, 2009
Doc,
please i would like to know what family planning method will be appropriate for me.
I have a 9 months old baby and it took me almost 3 years after marriage to have her.
i don't want a method that may delay me when i am ready to have another baby.
I was taking the everyday pill before my wedding because i didn't want to be pregnant before then and i think the pill might have contributed to the delay in my getting pregnant or what do you think Doctor?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by osiyemia: 12:22pm On Jul 08, 2009
lipsrsealed
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by susanamand(f): 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2009
My Doc,

Please i have been into masturbating for some years now (14yrs). Pls i want to find out if it will have effect on me in future.

And my Doc, for the past two months now i have noticed my menstral cycle has changed from normal four days to two days.

Please kindly advise on what to do.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2009
@ evangelin
Alway welcomesmiley

@anamelchi
I don't think so. The urinary tract and reproductive tract are not connected. It takes a year of "trying" before we say there is infertility. If she has been trying for less than a year, she should continue. She should also keep a menstrual calendar so she can calculate her fertile days
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 7:39pm On Jul 10, 2009
@aladunni
What is your cycle length?

@tishat
i don't see a problem with a three day cycle. The number of menstruation days can change as we grow older.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2009
@ st.domain
I don't think the pill contributed to the delay but if you want hormone free, condoms or the copper T IUD may be viable options

@osiyemia
s. aureus is normally a contaminant more than an infection. This being said motility is very important. You are young but if you could afford it, I would suggest in vitro fertilization to bypass the motility issue
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 7:43pm On Jul 10, 2009
@susanamand
Masturbation should not affect you. As for your period, it is normal to have changes in the number of days.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 10, 2009
Dear doc,thanks for your time and answers which has come along way in educating us in sensitive issues like this.
pls i want to ask you a question concerning a friend of mine,she happens to be few years longer and been experiencing boils in her private part.it comes and goes and according to her it has been there brore she became sexually active earlier this year.she is not willing to go see a medical doctor and self medicated herself sometime last year ,with tetracycline for 21 days they disappeared for some time and this year they are back as painless boils/blackheads gotten after shave.but she claims she hasnt shaven for onc e since birth,pls doct.K what do u think.
thanks for all
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Aladunni(f): 5:22pm On Jul 11, 2009
Doc its a 26 day cycle on the average, i ave a rather irregular menstrual cycle. E.g 4 cycles from now had been 26, 30, 25, and then 26. Thanks for ur awaited response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by manmustwac(m): 11:21am On Jul 12, 2009
Hi my name is frank i'm based in london and i'm asking this question on behalf of my girlfriends elder sister who are both based in bayelsa state nigeria. She had a fybroid operation in which 31 fybroids were removed from her body 3 weeks ago.
Since then she has not been able to eat properly whatever she eats comes out and theres a lot of gas in her body. So she was put on drip since she can't dijest properly.
Her lower abdomen is always paining her and she's always running temperture and always cold. Her condition is getting worse gradually and we fear the worst.
Since she's in Nigeria and Nigerian Doctors and Hospitals are not Western standards is there anything that these Doctors here are missing that you can let me know?
Your advice would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by pussydot(f): 8:53am On Jul 13, 2009
doctor please i need to know what LEVOTIL TABLET IS USED FOR

I COMPLAIN TO A PHARMACY THAT I WAS HAVING SOME KIND OF SORE AROUND MY GENITAL AREA AND HE GAVE ME LEVOTIL

YOUR REPLY IS NEEDED URGENTLY
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 9:49am On Jul 13, 2009
Good day Doctor,

Have not seen my period since on the 8th of july and i did test on the 11th july using PTStrip it showing one line meaning am not preg and i notice that any time i put my finger inside me what i see is some whitesh stuff .
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Evangelin: 11:44am On Jul 13, 2009
Dear Doc Katthy,

Compliments of the season! Doc, i will like to know minimum sperm count will a man have to be able to pregnant his wife. (at least minimum). My hubby sperm count is 24ml i.e 24 million.

We have married for 2years and seven months now yet no pregnancy. Please is the sperm count of 24ml okay to get me pregnant?

Evy

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.