Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,974 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877929 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by meta4(m): 10:16am On Aug 05, 2009
hello Dr.
i have been married for 7 months now, we are ready to make a baby, we have tried for 4 months now, each time before her period about 4 to 5 days before, she normally feels slight headache, dizzy and frequently hungry, some signs of pregnency but has not yet missed a period. we calculate her ovulation days and we meet up with it. we've tried 2 days before, the day of ovulation and a day after but we've not yet gotten pregnant,
a week after ovulation we tried to make love but it was painful for her as she complains of a peppery sensation when i try to insert. what could be the issue, though we had this issue before and the doctor said it might be an infection and we were placed on drugs, she had one she had to insert for 6 days and another she took orally for 6 days too, so did i except for the one you insert. her next period is due for the 8th of aug. but we want to miss it, we want to celebrate it.
pls what can be the issue with the pain?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ammamat(f): 1:40pm On Aug 05, 2009
Hi Doctor, you ve not reply to my message, i send complain about my body as it use to be very hot at night, u ask me if i do sweart at night and i said no.since then u ve not said anything again.
Please am so sorry to bother u this way it just that am desturb.

And plz my period is still not flowing well, i went for cheek up and i was ask to do xray which i did and nothing was found, plz doctor i do not know what to do about it.

Higest my period can last is 2 days
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by apleblosom: 10:35pm On Aug 05, 2009
Hi doc,
Thanks for all the good works. Please I am about 9weeks preggy. I vomit mostly in the afternoon and in the night. I don't really have appetite for any food. I have been spittng like hell. I want to know if it is normal to vomit only in the night instead of in the morning.
2ndly, is it ok to take folic acid as well as Pregnacare.
Thanks and
God bless you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:53am On Aug 06, 2009
Hello Doc,

if one donates her eggs to help another couple, what exactly is involved and are there any side effects

secondly what about freezing ones eggs, what's the procedure for that
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MyPeace(f): 11:35am On Aug 06, 2009
Hi Doc,

pls l have not seen my period since my misscarriage in april 29. l did scan and it showed PID, did HVS and Urinanalysis, infection was cultured, l am taking my drugs. pls what do l do to get my period back.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by pinemelon: 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2009
Pls i will want to know when ovulation occurs if one is placed on clomid and metformin from day2 of the cycle. I bought the ovulation predictor but i was told it doesnt work with people suffering from PCOS. Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by uteh: 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2009
Hi Doc, didn't know that fine officer was related to you, what a small world. Heard he died saving other officers, giving selfless services must be a quality that runs in your family. My most sincere condolence to you and his family, God will strenthen you all.

Please doctor, am almost 5 months gone in my pregnancy now. My problem is that am still mentruasting normally, only that it runs for like 3 days and very light instead of the normal 5 days. The doctor said it would stop. I dont know if its the herbal medicine I took that caused this. I was taking herbs to reduce the fibroid in order for me to conceive, which I eventually did. The fibroid has reduced in size, but its this menstruating thats the problem. Also for the past 3 days I have been having painful cramps around the navel area of my tummy. Please what can I do.

Thanks and welcome back.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by lifegal(f): 2:34pm On Aug 07, 2009
HELLLLLLLLLHi Kathy, friend, its been a while. Am sorry abt the loss of ur cousin. May the good Lord grant of u, family members, the fortitude to bear the loss.

Am back at work. Had a healthy baby boy (Uwana-abasi) in MAY and we are both doing well. Will post his pix, soon. Thanks for your support O MAY THE gOOD LORD CONTINUE TO BLESS U WITH MORE WISDOM aMEN.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:42am On Aug 09, 2009
@pussydot
You were given an antibiotic. I suggest a visit with your gyn to take some cultures.

@naijaking, Balogun
Thanks. Looking forward to our dinnersmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:46am On Aug 09, 2009
@evangelin
Talk to your gyn about intrauterine insemination. It is cheaper that IVF. You can get an ovulation kit and the doctor inserts the sperm directly into the uterus. This can help with the mobility issue.

@mightlove
Thank you for your kind comments. everything in moderation. If you crave titus, do your thing, just not everydaysmiley There are many causes of cervical incompetence including idiopathic i.e. we don't know why. Are their any particular conditions you are thinking of? Congrats on the baby
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:48am On Aug 09, 2009
@oluwawunmi
Why are you getting vitamin k injections?

@isod
I'm sorry to hear about your baby however this is an ob/gyn thread.  Try the general medicine thread.  I'm sure my colleagues will have some answers for you. As for your belly, you can try stomach exercises however, in some women, the muscles separate and no amount of exercise can improve the "pooch"
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:53am On Aug 09, 2009
@anamelechi
i don't think your issue are gyn in origin. You just had malaria and typhoid. It is not uncommon to have some malaise. If you don't get your period when due, take a pregnancy test

@peelovee
Are you squeezing the nipples? Are your periods regular
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:55am On Aug 09, 2009
@doctor fit
thanks

@nairadolla
Most likely the staph is a contaminant rather than an infection. Is this the only analysis he has done? I would suggest a repeat

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:57am On Aug 09, 2009
@9hmo
I would suggest buying an ovulation kit. It takes the guess work out

@obidia
i absolutely agree with you especially if you are still wearing the same bras you did before. You can get a maternity lumbar support. It helps with the back pain
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:00am On Aug 09, 2009
@anochi
All of the fertility drugs carry increased risk of multiples. Be careful though because you might as easily end up with septuplets as you could twins especially if you use these drugs without an underlying fertility issue

@titilaelae
Good news!! I'm so happy for you and your family. May he help create a better world than the one he was born into. Yes, I demand my pix o!smiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:02am On Aug 09, 2009
@ayomifull
Amen, thanks.

@wakagirl
There is no definite time limit but I would suggest a work up if more than 3 months has elapsed with no menses
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:04am On Aug 09, 2009
@marami
Does the pain go down the back of your leg?

@go4gold
Sometimes, when there is a yeast infection, the tissues bleed easily. Since she isn't having any discomfort, it is probably due to the irritated tissues of the vagina.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 7:03pm On Aug 09, 2009
@meta4
If she had an infection, penetration can be painful. I think you are missing the ovulation time. The egg is only around for ~24hrs so having sex one week after ovulation, while good for your relationship, does nothing for conception. As for her having "signs" of pregnancy, these do not manifest that early. Treat the infection, grab an ovulation kit, have sex on those days and make sure she is taking prenatal vitamins now. Good luck

@ammamat

I think you need new doctors. I can't think of why they need an xray to check out your menses. You need a hormone work up and a good gyn. They might find answers to why you are hot
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 7:06pm On Aug 09, 2009
@aplebosom
Congrats on the pregnancy. It is safe to take folic acid and prenatal vitamins. I would suggest you add vitamin b6 25mg twice a day. It helps with the nausea and is safe. As for the time of vomiting, it is person dependent. don't worry

@salsera
You should have a conversation with a reproductive endocrinologist i.e. fertility doctor.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 7:08pm On Aug 09, 2009
@mypeace
How did the scan show PID? Did you have any symptoms?

@pinemelon
I advise a conversation with the person who prescribed the clomid
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 7:11pm On Aug 09, 2009
@uteh
It is always worrying when there is bleeding during pregnancy. What herb are you taking? Thanks for the kind words. He was one of a kindsmiley

@lifegal
Congrats!! I want my pix o!smiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MyPeace(f): 8:51am On Aug 10, 2009
kathyekiti:

@mypeace
How did the scan show PID? Did you have any symptoms?

Thanks doc.

Accordn to the lab report, the scan showed a little fluid. And he said the fluid means presence of infection, so adviced me for the test l did, and they culture from HVS candida and E.coli from urine. l never had any symptom except back ache, but since my medication , the back ache have vanised.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 9:20am On Aug 10, 2009
Thanks Doctor,

because my period stop after 12days.and since last week av being having pain in my nipples dose it mean am in my ovlation time?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mightlove(f): 10:16am On Aug 10, 2009
Thank you doc.
In response to your question,
No particular conditons. I am actually doing very well,have never had any abortions, miscarriage or any cervical issues.Just being curious and want to take every measure possible to keep my baby healthy and safe till term (I will be 16 weeks by friday). I was just wandering if a woman who has cervical incompetence can ever be diagnosed of it before she loses a baby or does it always have to be diagnosed after she has had pre-term contractions and lost the baby? I asked this cos all the cases I know of, it's only after a woman has lost a baby during the 2nd trimester that her Dr. realises that she has cervical incompetence.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by obidia(f): 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2009
Hi doctor karthy,like the yoruba's say eku ojo o jumo wa. May Almighty God continue to strengthen you and give you more knowledge and wisdom amen. Av had two near blackout now sometimes in the morning in the past couple of days and my doctor says my blood level is prob low that i should do a test today though i was in a hurry to get to work so i couldn't do it today,can i take any blood tonic?and which do you suggest .thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by titilaelae(f): 9:00am On Aug 12, 2009
Hi Doc, its our baby oh! grin He  suffers from incessant tummy ache which has been interpreted as Unbilical Cord pains. Ordinarily, its supposed to be controlled by Gripe Water but it's not helpful in his own case. Hot compresses don't help either. Not that its continuous but when it hits him its usually strong and takes away his sleep as well as mine. I thought it would stop at 3months but he's 4 now and it still hasn't stopped. Is it normal or do I need to have him examined? Thanks for being there. wink kiss
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Evangelin: 1:56pm On Aug 12, 2009
Dear Doc. Katthy,

Thanks for your below response. Please like how much will the intrauterine insemination cost us, you said that it is cheaper than IVF. Again, will a sperm count of 24million be okay to fertilize the egg when inserted cos my husband sperm count is 24million with 20% motility. Please advice if it is okay and like how much do we estimate for it.

Thank you very much as i wait for your urgent response please so that i will discuss it with my husband.

I appreciate your candid advice, thanks once more.

EVY

@evangelin
Talk to your gyn about intrauterine insemination. It is cheaper that IVF. You can get an ovulation kit and the doctor inserts the sperm directly into the uterus. This can help with the mobility issue.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by creamyy: 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2009
Doc,for the last 2 months,i discovered that i bleed during my ovulation period
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Anamelechi: 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2009
Good day Doc, Thanks for your reply I appreciate it. Please i want to know if it's possible for one to be seeing her period and yet she will not be ovulating. My friend's cycle is 30days. She told me that her period started on 8th aug '09. Please when will she likely be fertile.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 12, 2009
dr doc kathye,how is all?thanks for your numerous contributions which millions appreciate.
pls doc i had a vaginal swab last 2 months and the result showed i had candidasis,with numerous epithelial cells, i took fluconazole tabs for 2 weeks and inserted clotrimazole cream for 7 days.a month later now i have started feeling itching around the mouth of my vulva and later this evenin a discovered a whitish milk like fluid discharge which i believe helps the itching.pls doc wat do i do to gettin a lasting solution.thank you so much
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by apleblosom: 10:39pm On Aug 12, 2009
Thanks doc. Would try the B6. May God richly bless you. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MyPeace(f): 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2009
kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.