Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,312 members, 7,811,926 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877908 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ohgirl1: 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2010
Dear Doc,
thank God you are here. i am abt six weeks pregaant. when is the best time to see a gyn. also, abt two weeks ago, my breast were really sore and bigger in fact that was what made me do a pregancy test but now they are not as big and not sore any more. i hope the baby is still there. am also not as hungry as i used to i just want to be sure all is well. also, i have some slight "menstral cramps" is everything ok? i need your advice. thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by lifegal(f): 12:56pm On Jul 20, 2010
hello Doc

how are u? keep up the Good Work and God Bless u abundantly.

am 9weeks gone and have slight pain around my belly, and the headache is something else even when i take paracetamol every day, i complained and was told to rest i know is part of the morning sickness but he pain around my stomach?

i was treated for candidia with a tab which i inserted but after some days the pain continued what is the cause?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oln: 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2010
will also like to know how long one should wait before trying in conceiving after a miscarriage
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:49am On Jul 24, 2010
@grace222
All women of reproductive age have ovarian cysts depending on the time of the cycle the ultrasound is done. Being ss doesn't affect your fertility however, I would suggest genotyping of your partner to determine the risk of your offspring being ss

@come chop
sorry to hear this. Don't know anything about fibroidclear. How large is your wife's fibroid?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:53am On Jul 24, 2010
@yesoo
Sorry to hear of your plight. However, miscarriages are so common that in general we don't look for causes until a patient has had three in a row. I agree with the assessment by your doctor. THe most reassuring thing about you is the fact that you have your daughter. Good luck

@lysim
I think you should speak with your obstetrician. There are certain conditions that cause itching during pregnancy and one of them, cholestasis of pregnancy, needs a thorough evaluation
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:56am On Jul 24, 2010
@dere I
She needs an evaluation by a gynecologist. He/She will assess her endometrial cavity and lining. Was it a va0ginal or cesarean delivery?

@crystal25
It is because it can take a couple of cycles to restart ovulation. Good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:58am On Jul 24, 2010
@sweetypie
I would suggest taking a pregnancy test. If it is negative, i would repeat in a week. Let me know.

@kencivic
sorry, this is an ob/gyn thread
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:00am On Jul 24, 2010
@meta4
Congratulations!!! I want pics!smiley

@oh girl
Congrats! Sounds fine to me. I would go see the ob now and start taking prenatal vitamins
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:02am On Jul 24, 2010
@lifegal
I suggest increasing the amount of water, not juice or soda(minerals). this is not uncommon during pregnancy. Make sure to take your vitamins

@oln
You can try right after the next menses
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Sweetypie: 9:14am On Jul 26, 2010
Thanks Doc for your response. Actually i ve done the home pregnancy test twice now, and its still negative and i ve not seen my period as well. I ve bn observing a pain in my right side lower abdomen. please wat does it mean?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by life4all: 3:40pm On Jul 27, 2010
Dear Doc,

Thanks for your usual assistance, God bless you.

I have repeatedly had an STI in the past 3 months. It recurs after any sexual act after each treatment.

I am 26 years and not married. My guy was treated once too.

The symptoms I see are:

It feels a little itchy, cheese - like discharge with no foul odour.

I just concluded another treatment and would like to know the necessary tests to go for so as to be sure that this infection has not affected my fertility.

I am eargerly waiting for your response.

Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by safeliving: 11:12am On Jul 28, 2010
Dere I:

Hello Doc, my sister had her 1st baby 2008. After her delivery, she didnt see her menses for almost 1yr. And uptil now, she hasnt concieved again. What is the problem? She's worried
you can contact me on goodhealth4u010@yahoo.com and all those that are unable to conceive, that cant find sleep at night, have constant headache, body itching, breast cancer, breast flacidity, face wrinkles, impotency, stretch mark, ulcer staphilicocus, pile etc for one time solution to your problems
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ninapha(f): 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2010
Hello Doc.

Please what is the cause of Hi-cupp. My sister feels as if her stomach is filled with gas all the time and she gives off hi-cupp within minutes?

Is there an associated problem for this?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by vinibabe: 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2010
Hi Doc, thanks for the wonderful job you been doing on this forum, may God bless you. I have been following this thread for over a year now, but have not posted because some of the post by people have been so helpful.

Am 28yrs, married for 7 month now. Not pregnant yet have gone to see a doctor and he prescribed some drugs for me called Ikaclomin, i think is like Clomid that is been talked about here. When i went to see the Doctor i explained myself to him that even before i got married that i was not using any protection or on any preventive, though i was not stable because i work in a different town from my husband b4, but we are together now and i do have regular period of atleast 27 days, and even when we meet according to my calculation of ovulation noting happened. I was given some drugs maybe for infection cos he asked if i do have discharge and i told him noting abnormal or offensive, i was given the drugs and it was when i came back after a month that he gave me the Ikaclomin which am taking for the second month now. Before my period came i thought i was pregnant becos my boson were so full but the period still came and am beginning to be worried, i have been monitoring myself for over a year even before marriage thinking something would happen but noting. When i went to the Doctor that i do have very painful period and that i use to have pain at the left side of my stomach and i was scared it could be fibroid, i thought he was going to run some text on me but he dint. He just pressed the side of the tommy and said noting was there.
He is a Gynecologist was refered to the hospital by a friend and was told he is good but i noticed he so busy, he works in govt hospital and attends to patient in his clinic in the evening.
Last i forgot i took menstrogen drug in 2008, i told him too if it could be a hindrance. It was a very grave mistake by me, had a pregnancy scare and was advice by a friend to take it to facilitate my period, took it like 3tab but not once for 2 days. I would love to hear your advice and if i should continue with this drug am taking now, was ask to take (Ikaclomin) for 4 months with folic acid.

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by vinibabe: 9:36am On Jul 29, 2010
I forgot to add this, my period last for atleast 5days, heavy for the first 2days, was told to take the Ikaclomin with folic acid for 5days starting from the second day of my menses for four. Will stop if pregnancy come. I do have menstural pain. Thanks Doc
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Angee4real: 11:29am On Jul 29, 2010
Pls dr, i'm trying to conceive right now i went to see my dr and he told me to go for pelvic scan and this is the result. i want to know is there any time wrong.

PELVIC SCAN

UTERUS: An anteverted and normal size uterus. The cavity is empty, intact and regular. No evidence of intra or extra uterine gestation. No retained products of conception. Endometrial findings are normal. Myometrial architecture is smooth and homogenous. No fibroids uteri

OVARIES: Both ovaries are normal in sizes and stroma echogenicity. A 20mm follicular cyst is identified in the left ovary, right ovary is free.

ADNEXA: Bilaterally free. The salpinges shows nothing remarkable. Nothing in the pouch of Douglas

ABDOMINAL SCAN

LIVER: Normal liver spa. Hepatic parenchyma texture, biliary and vascular markings are normal. No focal or diffuse lesions.

No suggestion of hepatopathy e.g. Cirrhosis.

PANCREAS: Is normal in size, parenchyma and symmetry. No focal pancreatic lesion. No masses eg. Pseudocyst.

SPLEEN: Is normal in size and parenchyma. The splenic sinusoids are normal. No lymphoreticular changes.

GALLBLADDER: Has normal size, lumen and wall thickness. No gallstones

KIDNEYS: Both kidneys are normal in size, sinus and corticomedullary differentiation. No intrinsic and/or extrinsic renal masses. The renal collecting systems/calyces are not dilated.

ADRENALS: Nil abnormality. No adrenal masses.

VESSELS: The paracaval and paraortic regions are free. No aneurysms. No adenopathies. No ascites. No intrabdominal mass. Normal G.I.T. motility and gas pattern are noted.

Pls doc, with this scan result, is there any thing wrong with me, will I be able to conceive. Because I am looking forward to conceiving thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ijeomaobi1: 2:03am On Jul 30, 2010
dr kathy,
thanks for the info given earlier. well, am going to see a gyneacologist.pls i want to know the kind of test to ask for and other stuffs. i really want to have my baby soonest
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by susanamand(f): 8:22am On Aug 01, 2010
Dear Doc,

Please kindly help me, i have not had sex for like seven years and when i had sex, i feel pain during it.

please what is the way out, and am into masterbation, could that be the cause

Pls help out
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chiscomi: 12:43pm On Aug 02, 2010
Hi Doc. Pls Doc i found out that water used 2 come out 4rm my breast when i pres it meanwhile i am not pregnant. Pls what will i do and can it stop one 4rm ovulating and conceiving. some1 suggsted i go 4 hormonal test
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chiscomi: 12:52pm On Aug 02, 2010
Doc pls i mean my breast not bosom
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by asato: 11:19am On Aug 03, 2010
Dear Doc, Please I'm a guy and I'd like to be taught how to do Kegel exercise in person. I've read through the procedure in various materials and I know I've not been doing the right thing. Is there any Doc in Lagos Willing to teach me please, I'll pay. The two doctors I've met here in Owerri were more interested in preaching.I like to hear the word, but I need to take care of this PE ASAP. cheers
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by asato: 11:21am On Aug 03, 2010
my email is oselokaolisama@yahoo.com. I don't want to use drugs at all. thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ezec2009: 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2010
Doc, I really need ur help pls.

My wife delivered of our first baby through an unplanned C/S 16 months ago. Please how long can we wait before having another baby (since I want her to heal completely and wouldnt want another CS). Can we start trying for a baby now?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ritaNL: 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2010
Doctors in the house help plz . How can one cure Bacterial Vaginosis ? I was told it is not an STD and it can never be but it is somehow attached to sex . I had it last year and my doctor prescribed flagyl and it stopped , last month again i had it but i decided not use any medication and it stopped by itself.My problem is I'm scared of getting pregnant becos of this cos I was told I might have a preterm baby or misscarriages .My doctors told me is not deadly but why it remains uncurable is beyond me.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Divab(f): 7:57am On Aug 06, 2010
Hi Doc,

I thank you for the good work ure doing here, Am ttc for 3 months now, i know its 2 early to worry but we women are just humans, anyway, I have a 26/27/ cycle. I did baby dancing (made love with dh) during my fertile periods. 3 days to my period, i started experiencing tension headaches, soreness in my breast and general weakness, my period came out and was light but pure red unlike the brownish heavy clots i just to have, it was on for 2 days, before it stopped but I still feel the headache, , tingling in my nibbles though no more sore & gradually getting back my strength,

can you pls help me because I have never felt like this with my period. dont know whether am being paranoid but d symtoms are real.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by vivada: 8:19am On Aug 06, 2010
Hello everyone. thanks doc for answering questions. well i just want to ask if u have training in ART i.e Assisted Reproductive Technology ? or an IVF centre. well my company DASAMS MEDICAL DIAGONSTICS in collaboration with COOK MEDICAL offer the services of all ART. for more info email me on iwehav@yahoo.com. by the way my name is Vivian Iweha. cheers.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mightlove(f): 4:50pm On Aug 06, 2010
Hello Dr. Kathy,
You are doing a great job here.
Please, i want to know how safe IUDs are as a birth control method.
Do they have any side effects? Do they make getting pregnant difficult after their removal?

Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by stevade(f): 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2010
Pls what should i do,i have been waiting to have a child since a long term,i did several test in which i was ok but ultrasound was diagonised uterine fibroid.if i do surgery would i be able to concive.Pls i need your advice
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:17am On Aug 09, 2010
ezec2009:

Doc, I really need your help pls.

My wife delivered of our first baby through an unplanned C/S 16 months ago. Please how long can we wait before having another baby (since I want her to heal completely and wouldnt want another CS). Can we start trying for a baby now?

once a CS, always a CS.

I think the gap between kids should be bigger but Dr kathy might have something different to say

Good luck.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by limar: 6:34am On Aug 19, 2010
Hi Dr. Kathy. I have been married for four months and trying to conceive. My MC is 28days, From babyhopes.com ovulation calendar, I was made to understand that my ovulation starts 11 days from the first day of MS. I have been trying on that eversince this past months. However, heard a different view from a TV gynecologist that it is actually 11 days to next MC.

Kathy, which is correct? I was on Clomid April/May and Palodel June, have been experiencing some pains on my both sides of my lower abdomen.

Expecting your replies Doc.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jenaniston: 11:38am On Aug 19, 2010
Feat nt mA dear,u r having a BOY!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.