Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879093 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:21pm On May 22, 2010
@ labonte
what operation was done?

@rosejen
All pregnant women have cysts during pregancy. It shouldn't have any adverse effect on the pregnancy
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:22pm On May 22, 2010
@darellone
It shouldn't. What kind of cyst and how large?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by labonte: 8:14pm On May 23, 2010
I was unable to mensurate,and l learnt that the place where the menses to pass through was blocked and l was operated
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ACL(m): 9:35pm On May 23, 2010
Hi doc,

got my hormonal profile result, and it reads thus

LH
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ACL(m): 9:43pm On May 23, 2010
LH 5.0, NORMAL RANGE IS 1.6 TO 9.6
FSH 3.8 NORMAL IS 3.3 TO 12.9
PROLACTIN 283 NORML IS 78 TO 455
PROGESTERONE 30.7 NORMAL IS > 14.3.

RESULT COMMENT SAYS NORMAL.

HOW NORMAL IS IT AND WHAT DO I HAVE 2 DO COS ITS NOT YET A REGULAR FLOW,
NOTE* my Husband to be wants me pregnent b4 wedding but he is not keen about s-x
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jovi: 11:34am On May 24, 2010
pls can someone suggest any hospital for ovulation tracking?, (more accurate than test sticks), thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by maamee1: 1:24pm On May 28, 2010
Good day Doctor,
You are really doing a great job, may God bless u real good.
doc. i need your urgent response on this, i have been having blood discharge for almost 3wks now sometimes much n sometimes scanty. b4 den i went to see the doctor 4 infection and was given Gyneodaktrin n dyflucan a week l8a i started having discharge.i went bak to the doc n he told me to do some test wch i did a pelvic scan which d result showed evrytin ws normal, preg. test negative, swab test showed no micro organism present but urine test showed i av blood in my urine and he gave me some antibiotics wch am using presently. yet the blood still remains, please what could be wrong?
i need ur urgent advice.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by henrienta: 10:12pm On May 28, 2010
pls help i keep having this usuall pain in my left mamary gland went to the hospital for scan two months ago but no lump was found they said it may ve to do wt my menstral cycle.the pain has increased since 2day and ve not been able to wear a bra pls doc wat can i do.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by prommy(f): 3:48pm On May 30, 2010
@henrietta.i saw ur post concerning the pain on your breast.pls i advice that u check your bra.Bras with rod at any side is always causing pain on the breast.it happened to me and i almost fainted thinking it is cancer until my mum came and pointed the bra that was killing me .so do check all your bras.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 9:47pm On May 30, 2010
Hello Doctor,

please i need your help and is very urgent i saw my period on 4th of may 2010 last for 5days and exactly 14days i saw it it pls what is happening to me am in need of baby
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 9:52pm On May 30, 2010
Insert Quote
Hello Doctor,

please i need your help and is very urgent i saw my period on 4th of may 2010 last for 5days and exactly 14days i saw it again on 17th of may 2010 pls what is happening to me am in need of baby
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by onyii4j(f): 10:52pm On May 30, 2010
Dear Dr Kathie, i ve bn reading this thread 4 a long time and i must tell u dat am always touched by ur selfless service and the encouragement u give 2 people.
May God always replenish u abundantly, amen!
Pls doc, this would b the 11th day i ve missed my period, and with d signs that am seeing,i think i might b pregnant,though i haven't confirmed medically yet. Whats bothering me is that my husband came home yesterday and told me that he confided in a friend who is a nurse abt d signs i ve bn complaining about (tirednes, nausea,frequent urine) and she suggested we should stop sexual intercourse 4 atleast 3 months! So that it wont affect d fetus! Pls doc is it true? I ve no discomfort after sexual intercourse with my husband, iam 29. Katie i really need ur urgent reply because its hard 2 stay 4 dat long without, And we re living together!
Thank u!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by petraB(f): 3:36pm On Jun 01, 2010
hello Dr Kathy
Thanks for this thread, i have an issue i want you o help me with. For sometime i have been having very irregular periods and when it comes it lasts sometimes it lasts for like 2 weeks and then becomes regular again, recently however it came again for a week plus and after then i have been experience spotting, sometimes heavy other times light but the spotting is very regular as in non stop, i went for a scan 2 weeks after one of my periods, and the results said i had a thick endometrium measuring 22mm, the spotting continued until recently when my regular period has come once again with heavy flows and blood clots, i have to take blood capsules now cuz the flow of blood is too much, My doctor said to watch and see if the spotting will continue after i finish my period now, plss its really scaring me what do u think is wrong especially with the consistent spotting your advise will be highly appreciated thanks in advance
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by obidia(f): 2:52pm On Jun 02, 2010
Hi Doc Karthy my baby has been stoolling consistently for some days now,and av used flagil,thou it has redused  but its still there.And i hear its the norm when babies are about to teeth. And then she sweat a lot wat should i do?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by uteh: 11:10am On Jun 07, 2010
Hello doc,

I had surgery mid last month to remove fibroid. It went well as there were no complications, I have resumed work now. The doctor said we should wait 4-6 months before we begin trying again. Please i just wanted to know if we have to wait that long to start having sex. Can we start after two months and use preventives to be on the safe side. I also want to put myself in good health, hoping i will conceive as soon as we start trying again. Please what supplements do you advise I take to enhance fertility. I was told zinc supplement helps to improve egg quality. Thank you so much.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 07, 2010
Please help.
My cousin was just diagnosed of uterine fibriod.Doc said she has two fibroids in her uterine and since then she has not rested.Her blood pressure is shooting up gradually becos of so much thinking.Pls i need ur advice urgently.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 07, 2010
Pls Uteh where did u do the surgery.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ammamat(f): 3:35pm On Jun 08, 2010
it has been a long time, Dr you are doing a great job. keep it up and God will rich you mightily
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by franny1980: 11:04am On Jun 14, 2010
Hi doc, thanks for your good work God will surely bless you.

Am 28yrs n ma hus is 33yrs we married for 6months now. The prob started wen ma hus cannot make love to me properly. When I ask him he told me that he has not done it b4 meaning that he is a virgin but I thank God dat he is picking up now than b4. The problem I have now is dat he gets tired quick weneva we r making love, and he releases very small or wil not release at all n weneva he releases the sperm will be pouring out from ma virgina execpt I lay down for some minute.
Please doc is this normal?
Must I lay down for some minute after sex or is it dat smt is wrong with me?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 14, 2010
Modified
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ijeomaobi1: 6:00am On Jun 16, 2010
dr kathy,
i went through your previous replies and adopted some of them.
I have been tryin for a baby for over a year.
my MC fluctuates between 25-28 days.
i can calculate my ovulation period(i just gv it 2 days before and after)
i am on pre natal vitamins. wink
The last MC i had came 23 days (may 29)
i started havingpains on my lower abdomen.
i went to see my doctor,who said it was bladder infection and gave me antibiotics.
i absolutely refused to take them and insisted on PT which came out negative.
i decided to wait for a while(till my next calculated menses)to go fo r another test.
this week the pain stopped.now am really worried.plzzzzz
cryhelp me out.
what should i do next?any one can suggest.am really lost
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by yvyy(f): 11:40am On Jun 17, 2010
dr kate
if a guy has azoospermia what can him and his wife do?
any chance of them having their own kid medically minus ivf ?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by yvyy(f): 11:54am On Jun 17, 2010
@ ijeoma obi,
ur situation is exactly like mine.am almost 2 yrs in marriage yet i kept trying,
God will definitely answer us one day.presently i have uti infection dat am treating now.lots of antibiotics caused by higly sexual activities.lol
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lovemee(f): 11:58am On Jun 17, 2010
Hello Dr. Kathy,

Thanks very much. I am so grateful! cheesy
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by richinfo4u: 3:18pm On Jun 18, 2010
Hi Doctor, I've been having lower adominal pains and a virginal discharge. I've gone to hospital my doctor discovered am having urinary infections which i thouroghly treated. Now the pains still continues, please help me! what will i do?
thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bece: 10:49am On Jun 21, 2010
Hi dr i bleed during intercouse with my hubby,i have seen a gyn i did scan there was no growth and i was given some anti biotic but the bleeding still continues. I did par smear was adequate smear showing unremarkable superficial and intermediate cells, with florid inflammatory background. Diagnosis: cervical smear normal with inflammatory background. Pls what else can i do as this is affecting my life
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chiscomi: 2:05pm On Jun 21, 2010
Hi! I think i like what u are doing. tanx bo. pls i need more explanation on ovarian cysts. and hw it can prevent one 4rm conceiving.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chiscomi: 2:35pm On Jun 21, 2010
Hi Dr. Actually I'v bn married 4 five mnths now & am nt pregnant yet. Pls I want 2 know if everythn is ok wit me cos my breast use 2 enlarge and pain me so much 4rm 1wk 2 d begging of my period to d end of it. Again I dont actually know wen am ovulating pls hw do i dictate my ovp
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by debarke: 8:39pm On Jun 21, 2010
hi i new here and have a  query 'm wondering if anyone can help.
In February my period came for 3 days it was extremely light, instead of pads i used pant- shields. Since then my period came as usually up to two months ago it was 3 days late i took a pregnancy test and it came out  positive. The day after my period came. When my period was finished i retook the test it came out positive but the line was light. my boyfriend told me to redo the test in which i did it the next day and it came out negative, since then i have taken 3 more test and all of them have been negative.
I went to my local clinic after having some pains in my stomach and explained the situation to the doctor she scheduled and u/s  for uterine fibroids which i had done recently.
In between this time my stomach has become noticeably larger and harder and my  breast has been producing milk(i have a son who is 13 months but he stopped breast feeding at 3 months, and i was barely producing much if any at all).
I have also spoke to a friend of mine, who has confided in me that she had a monthly bleeding(period like) through her whole pregnancy and she did not have any symptoms at all just some pain in her lower abdomen just like what i am having and also early in her pregnancy all hpt gave a negative result.
When i went for my u/s recently, the sonographer was not at all informative or helpful. She just placed the transducer on the middle of my lower abdomen(guessing middle of my pelvis area) and did her exam from there.
HER REPORT IS AS FOLLOWS:
THE UTERUS IS ANTEVERTED, NON- GRAVID AND BULKY. IT MEASURES 7.9X 7.6X 4.5 CM. A SMALL EXOPYHTIC FIBROID IS SEEN IN THE LEFT LATERAL WALL OF THE UTERUS. IT MEASURES 1.7X 1.7 CM. THE ENDOMETRIUM IS NORMAL IN APPEARANCE AND THICKNESS. THE RIGHT OVARY MEASURE 3.6X 1.9CM AND THE LEFT OVARY MEASURES 3.6X 2.3 CM. THEY ARE NORMAL IN SONOGRAPHIC APPEARANCE.
THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF FREE FLUID OR ADNEXAL MASSES IN THE PELVIS.

Could you please explain to me the findings in this report and also
could it be possible that i am pregnant even though these were the findings.
Thanks in advance
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by switchmax8: 1:41pm On Jun 23, 2010
Dr,
I want to know how safe it is for one who is 30 weeks old in pregnancy who has womanliness infection and the Dr. prescribed antibiotics for kindly help me to know if the drugs is safe.The name of the antibiotics is Amovin- 625 and the content is Amoxycillin and clavulanate potassium but a swab test was conducted before the Dr. prescribed this drugs.thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by princessk1: 10:39pm On Jun 23, 2010
hello doctor, please i want to know the possible complications of abortion, my baby's nanny went and aborted a baby last month since its illegal i do not know the sanitary condition of the hospitol,i dont think good hospitals do it here, i just found out now and am scared dont want her to collapse and die in my house, she said she bled last month and she started bleeding again today, she actually went back to the hospital and told them she was feeling some stomach pains and they did a pelvic scan for her and found everything to be normal told her to go that she is just thinking too much, what should i do?could there be something wrong with her cos she is very weak.she is such a hard working girl and loves my baby not sure what to do.is there something i could give her.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.