Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878576 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by niceG: 9:32am On May 04, 2013
infogenius:
You can register from anything between 24 weeks to 30 weeks.Unless u really need to c a dr.

5 Months? I will strongly advice u see a gynae ASAP.

Sorry about the mc.Do not worry friend.It happens once in a while the period skips.Let her rest properly,eating good and balanced foods with vegies and fruits.She will be ok.

Thanks Doctor, please is it possible she is pregnant because we are worried, we just got married.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by muma(f): 11:35am On May 04, 2013
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 1:26pm On May 04, 2013
niceG:

Thanks Doctor, please is it possible she is pregnant because we are worried, we just got married.
Oko iyawo no be small thing oh.I know how u feel but Since u are skeptical,I will advice u take another test in another two weeks to be absolutely sure.

muma: Doctor, pls help me out with dis: A̶̲̥̅♏ ttc foR 3 yrs , ve pco ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ recently found out dat i ve moderate growth of late lactose fermenter, was prescribed ciprofloxacin 1000mg daily , i started with it ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ AF showed on Τ̣̣ђё same day too ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ A̶̲̥̅♏ suppose to start clomid  cd 3 , pls can i go ahead with it .
Pls anyone an help
Yes u can go ahead but pls u can cross check wit ur dr.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Goldenbaby(f): 2:57pm On May 04, 2013
Good afternoon Doc, pls Doc,I saw M̶̲̥̅y period on d 2nd of dis month around 7pm,when will I start taking clomid,and d dosage pls. This will be M̶̲̥̅y first cycle of clomid. I hope it works for me.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 5:51am On May 05, 2013
Day 3 thru to Day7 .dosage 50mg , 1 pill a day.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by muma(f): 10:29am On May 05, 2013
†нªηкs doc for Τ̣̣ђё info
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MarJuly(f): 10:19am On May 06, 2013
Hello fruitful mothers, pls if progesterone is low ie 0.5, can u determine ovulation using BBT Chart.
I have been charting this cycle since on the 16th and i have not noticed anything, and b/w Mar to Apr cycle was 30days. Am always having irregular cycles. Cheers
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by pavorikoko: 12:00pm On May 06, 2013
Can a newly pregnant mother still continue having sex with her hubby?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 2:45pm On May 06, 2013
muma: †нªηкs doc for Τ̣̣ђё info
U're welcome

pavorikoko: Can a newly pregnant mother still continue having sex with her hubby?
Of course.Please do not starve dh oh.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MarJuly(f): 3:47pm On May 06, 2013
Doc, pls if progesterone is low ie 0.5, can u determine ovulation using BBT Chart.
I have been charting this cycle since on the 16th and i have not noticed anything, and b/w Mar to Apr cycle was 30days. Am always having irregular cycles. Cheers
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by julicoka(f): 4:59pm On May 06, 2013
gd day dr. Pls am a first time mother my baby is going to be six months on 27th of dis months,i ve a problem air ve be coning out from my virgin pls dr what will i do to stop dis embarrasing
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by pavorikoko: 5:30pm On May 06, 2013
infogenius:
U're welcome

Of course.Please do not starve dh oh.
U are very funny....was thinkn its advisable to steer clear in the first trimesters ni....lol
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Eray(f): 5:55pm On May 06, 2013
Dear doc. Am 25years old.plz I need ur advise.
My periods have been abnormal since July 2012.
Where my period which normally was 28 days
became 45days.nd since Jan it stoped totally I went to
see d doc Abt it. He asked me 2 go 4 a scan which I
did. D result showed DAT. "there is an unruptured
luteinized follicle in each ovary. Right measures 2cm
and left measures2.3cm. . D scan diagnosed DAT I
had luteinized unrupture follicle syndrome. Plz doc?
Wots d cause? Nd wot treatment do I go for 2 correct
dis issue?the doctor is suggesting dat I should go on a pill but I have my reservations abt it cause I can't get pregnant while on d pill since am getting married in June nd I want 2
start baby making immediately I get married.
Plz wot treatment plan would u suggest dat will enable me ovulate nd stabilize my cycle? Thanks doc
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nkeji(f): 8:39pm On May 06, 2013
HI DOC. KATTY, I'M A NURSING MOTHER(MY BABY IS 9MTHS OLD) BUT I BEGAN TO SEE MY MC AFTER 6MTHS OF DELIVERY BUT MY PROBLEM IS THAT IS NOT FLOWING UPTO NORMAL 3DAYS BUT MAY 1DAY OR 2 DAYS AS THE CASE MAY BE. IS IT NORMAL? AND SECONDLY,THIS FEW WEEKS I VE BEEN FEELING DIZZY ALL THE TIME. THANKS AS YOU ATTEND TO MY QUEST.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 4:48pm On May 07, 2013
Mar July: Doc, pls if progesterone is low ie 0.5, can u determine ovulation using BBT Chart.

Since you have not noticed anything,then it is possible that you have not been ovulating at all (anovulation) or which is a symptom of irregular periods.

julicoka: gd day dr. Pls am a first time mother my baby is going to be six months on 27th of dis months,i ve a problem air ve be coning out from my virgin pls dr what will i do to stop dis embarrasing

You did not take care of yourself adequately with lower abdominal massages with hot water recommended for women after child borth.Anyway,it will go in the course of time.Just let it be.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 5:22pm On May 07, 2013
pavorikoko:
U are very funny....was thinkn its advisable to steer clear in the first trimesters ni....lol

Don't even think of it.This is when you are more sexier and attractive to dh.
The only reason you may not indulge is when you notice you are spotting or you have health challenges.

Eray: Dear doc. Am 25years old.plz I need ur advise.
My periods have been abnormal since July 2012.
Where my period which normally was 28 days
became 45days.nd since Jan it stoped totally I went to
see d doc Abt it. He asked me 2 go 4 a scan which I
did. D result showed DAT. "there is an unruptured
luteinized follicle in each ovary. Right measures 2cm
and left measures2.3cm. . D scan diagnosed DAT I
had luteinized unrupture follicle syndrome. Plz doc?
Wots d cause? Nd wot treatment do I go for 2 correct
dis issue?the doctor is suggesting dat I should go on a pill but I have my reservations abt it cause I can't get pregnant while on d pill since am getting married in June nd I want 2
start baby making immediately I get married.
Plz wot treatment plan would u suggest dat will enable me ovulate nd stabilize my cycle? Thanks doc
Please can you tell me your height and weight(kg),but then pls just shoot me a mail.Or send ur mail to 08036169013 so that I can mail u.

Nkeji: HI DOC. KATTY, I'M A NURSING MOTHER(MY BABY IS 9MTHS OLD) BUT I BEGAN TO SEE MY MC AFTER 6MTHS OF DELIVERY BUT MY PROBLEM IS THAT IS NOT FLOWING UPTO NORMAL 3DAYS BUT MAY 1DAY OR 2 DAYS AS THE CASE MAY BE. IS IT NORMAL? AND SECONDLY,THIS FEW WEEKS I VE BEEN FEELING DIZZY ALL THE TIME. THANKS AS YOU ATTEND TO MY QUEST.

Do not worry it will stabilize.As par feeling dizzy you will need supplementation such as iron supplements ,Vit b and c and also Omega 3.Please do not 4get ur vegies ugwu and greens + healthy meals and fruits.If u can pls prepare an ugwu drink and drink it that will b great.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nkeji(f): 10:11pm On May 07, 2013
Thank u Doc, I will do as u just advised. I'm very grateful
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by julicoka(f): 7:34am On May 08, 2013
infogenius:

Since you have not noticed anything,then it is possible that you have not been ovulating at all (anovulation) or which is a symptom of irregular periods.

You did not take care of yourself adequately with lower abdominal massages with hot water recommended for women after child borth.Anyway,it will go in the course of time.Just let it be.

thank u DR like how long will it take,another wahala my hubby ve be disturbing me for sex but am scared of pregnacy because i know him he can't use condom pls what wil i do to avoid pregnacy apart from condom ad wildraw method.am am still veing pains because of tears i had during delivery pls help me out.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 4:26pm On May 09, 2013
julicoka: thank u DR like how long will it take,another wahala my hubby ve be disturbing me for sex but am scared of pregnacy because i know him he can't use condom pls what wil i do to avoid pregnacy apart from condom ad wildraw method.am am still veing pains because of tears i had during delivery pls help me out.

You can work out ur safe period and also visit a family planning center close to you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by julicoka(f): 11:20pm On May 09, 2013
infogenius:

You can work out ur safe period and also visit a family planning center close to you.
the problem is dat i ve not started seeing my period
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by napa: 6:50am On May 10, 2013
Hello dr, i drink lemon water in the morning before going to work and at night i use apple cider vinegar and blackstrap molasses, all for detoxification. I hope these things are not too many?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by pavorikoko: 10:47am On May 10, 2013
When does one start visiting clinic when u notice u pregnant and what vitamins are essential at this period? Pls wats the meaning of 'dh' Thx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Goldenbaby(f): 12:18pm On May 10, 2013
pavorikoko: When does one start visiting clinic when u notice u pregnant and what vitamins are essential at this period? Pls wats the meaning of 'dh' Thx

DH means Dear Husband.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by pavorikoko: 3:33pm On May 10, 2013
Goldenbaby:

DH means Dear Husband.
Thanks Sis
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mummyf(f): 6:22pm On May 10, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oyinmio: 9:22pm On May 10, 2013
infogenius:
Eee..ya,it is not out of place.
My dear you have got to drink water so that u do not suffer from dehydration.Also stay away from fatty foods or foods that are spicy,they can trigger the vomit.
Also try to avoid perfumes,candles,air fresheners etc.
Make sure you eat little meals frequently and avoid over eating.Stop eating when u are full and eat when u feel hungry and I will conclude that you take peppermint flavor that are not sugary.

Look out for ovulation signs,such as (in some cases)mid-cycle spotting,tender breast,slight lower abdominal pain(though not every woman experiences this),increased sexual feelings,fuller vag lips,bloating in some cases,increased sensitivity of breast.Just look out for some of this symptoms.

Thank you very much.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oyinmio: 9:27pm On May 10, 2013
Look out for ovulation signs,such as (in some cases)mid-cycle spotting,tender breast,slight lower abdominal pain(though not every woman experiences this),increased sexual feelings,fuller vag lips,bloating in some cases,increased sensitivity of breast.Just look out for some of this symptoms.
[/quote] thank you very much.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:16am On May 11, 2013
wow
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by iyaibeji2(f): 2:08pm On May 11, 2013
Hello Doctors in the house, I used to experience painful intercourse with dh and cramps/back pain days after menses had stopped. Been ttc for 5years.
Dh sfa is ok.
Hormonal profile ok.
Hsg shows bilateral tubal blockage.

Thanks for your anticipated responses.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by dchosen1(f): 2:34pm On May 11, 2013
Dear Doctor,

i had a miscarriage sometime in October last year, and had a D&C. i have since been TTC. ive followed all the rules wrt having sex during fertile period. i however noticed that my MC which usually was 28 days now consistently alternates between 26 and 29 days (i.e if my MC is 26 days this month, the next month will be 29 days and then 26 days etc.

also about 1 week before my period comes, i notice a slight pain on upper right abdomen(usually feel some hard lump)

should i be concerned? would i need to see a doctor?(I have one child already)

please advise.

Than you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 10:48pm On May 12, 2013
Toyin Akan: Hello Doctors in the house, I used to experience painful intercourse with dh and cramps/back pain days after menses had stopped. Been ttc for 5years.
Dh sfa is ok.
Hormonal profile ok.
Hsg shows bilateral tubal blockage.

Thanks for your anticipated responses.

I suggest you see a dr.I suspect pid.I am not sure pls see a dr.

dchosen1: Dear Doctor,

i had a miscarriage sometime in October last year, and had a D&C. i have since been TTC. ive followed all the rules wrt having sex during fertile period. i however noticed that my MC which usually was 28 days now consistently alternates between 26 and 29 days (i.e if my MC is 26 days this month, the next month will be 29 days and then 26 days etc.

also about 1 week before my period comes, i notice a slight pain on upper right abdomen(usually feel some hard lump)

should i be concerned? would i need to see a doctor?(I have one child already)

please advise.

Than you

Yes u will need to see a dr.But do not be too worried as ur cycle will regularize over time unless there is an underlying problem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.