Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878571 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by iyaibeji2(f): 7:51am On May 13, 2013
infogenius:

I suggest you see a dr.I suspect pid.I am not sure pls see a dr.

Yes u will need to see a dr.But do not be too worried as ur cycle will regularize over time unless there is an underlying problem.

Thank you InfoGenius for the reply but if I may ask what is PID? Knowing this will equip me in asking my doctor some questions. Thanks a lot.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tibaby101: 1:34pm On May 13, 2013
Doctor,my circle is 28days and i ovulate on the 18th day and i usually have sexual intercourse on that day and nothing seems to happen,i mean pregnancy.pls doctor what do i do to correct my ovulation.thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tibaby101: 3:08pm On May 13, 2013
can i take clomid for the treatment sir.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 11:09am On May 14, 2013
Toyin Akan:

Thank you InfoGenius for the reply but if I may ask what is PID? Knowing this will equip me in asking my doctor some questions. Thanks a lot.
Pelvic Inflamatory Disease,it is as a result of improper treatments of previous infections.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 11:11am On May 14, 2013
tibaby101: Doctor,my circle is 28days and i ovulate on the 18th day and i usually have sexual intercourse on that day and nothing seems to happen,i mean pregnancy.pls doctor what do i do to correct my ovulation.thank you.

Do not make love on that day.Start making babies two days before ur ovulation period that means if you expect ovulation on the 18th day,start bd from 16 - 19.For better results
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 11:15am On May 14, 2013
tibaby101: can i take clomid for the treatment sir.
Do you feel as if you do not ovulate?Why not confirm by getting an ovulation predictor Kit (OPK)

Pls confirm before you start administering anything.You can confirm if u ovulated in ur last
cycle if you go for an hormonal assay on cd21
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tibaby101: 3:52pm On May 14, 2013
Thank you sir,for your prompt answer.Please clarify me, if ovulating on the 18th day for a 28 day circle is normal or abnormal.Am curious because my husband and i had always had intimacy on 16th,17th,18th,and 2oth day and nothing seems to be happening.let me throw more light sir,before i got married i usually ovulate on the 14th day but later i started having issues with my ovulation,i was told i wasn't ovulating,i was given some injections once in three days for 1month.i went for recheck and i was told my progesterone is now ok.after the treatment i started ovulating on the 18th day and till now am still expecting.please doctor advice me on what to do sir.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by muma(f): 11:42am On May 15, 2013
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chicah(f): 1:04pm On May 15, 2013
Good day doc pls is it possible for someone tht sees her period regulary every cycle not to ovulate?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rashybabe12(f): 3:38pm On May 15, 2013
Gud day doc my mc is 35days,plz sir wen can i start usin d ovulation test kit?or plz is der any test to go for?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bolorunfem(f): 4:25pm On May 15, 2013
Hi Docs, may God bless you for the great jobs you're doing for 'womanity'

I've been having watery and smelly discharge immediately after my menses that usually lasts till my ovulation after which it stops. I have fibroids and I'd thought that was responsible but after about 5 months now I'm becoming worried. Please what should I do? Thank you lots

5 Months? I will strongly advice u see a gynae ASAP.

Thanks Doc, I 'sharply' saw a gynae as advised and a swab was taken, doc immediately placed me on a 7-day gentamycin injection, flagyl tabs 1tab 3ce daily/7days, augmentine 1x3, one other tab that I took 1/2 3ce daily and 6 tabs I inserted vag.inally. I was to see doc on completion of the treatment (i.e 1week later) and that is when he saw the result which revealed mild growth of staph. My concern now is that he said the infection showed resistant to GENTAMYCIN and that he would then place me on something else so I exclaimed that does it mean I only suffered the pain of 7days injections in vain and that would I have to take a fresh round of injections (I did not even talk about the money? Then he said a quick 'No-No' and that he would only place me on Cyprotab and that should take care of it.

Now my question is since the resistance issue was mentioned, does it not mean the gentamycin had no effect? Will cyprotab completely clear the infection totally (I don't want to be partially treated oh). Can you recommend anything else that can completely clear off the mess from my system? Sorry for my epistle, I await your response. Thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by iyaibeji2(f): 8:36pm On May 15, 2013
infogenius:
Pelvic Inflamatory Disease,it is as a result of improper treatments of previous infections.
Thanks Doc. for the reply. How do I diagnose it?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Zee10(f): 7:04am On May 16, 2013
Thank u doc.4 all d gud work here. I have been TTC 4 2months nw. And I have a 28days cycle ive followed all the rules wit Being Intimate during fertile period. and i ovulate on the 14th day and i usually have intimate intercourse on d day bfore and d very day but nothing seems to happen,i mean pregnancy and I have a feeling I have not be ovulating recently coz I don't see EWCM on my ovulation day. pls is it possible for someone dt sees her period regulary every cycle not to ovulate? pls doctor what can i do to correct my ovulation.thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Eray(f): 11:42pm On May 17, 2013
infogenius:

Don't even think of it.This is when you are more sexier and attractive to dh.
The only reason you may not indulge is when you notice you are spotting or you have health challenges.

Please can you tell me your height and weight(kg),but then pls just shoot me a mail.Or send ur mail to 08036169013 so that I can mail u.

Do not worry it will stabilize.As par feeling dizzy you will need supplementation such as iron supplements ,Vit b and c and also Omega 3.Please do not 4get ur vegies ugwu and greens + healthy meals and fruits.If u can pls prepare an ugwu drink and drink it that will b great.

thanks doc,am 3.9ft nd i weigh 70kg. Doc i decided 2 take d pil by d end of feb nd saw my period 26days in2 d pill.dis was around march.i stop d pills after takin d 1st pack. Didnt see my period until after 44days wen it came again on 1st may. Plz doc wot do i do 2normalise my circle witout d pill
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sonety2k(m): 9:18am On May 19, 2013
Doctor in the House , Happy Sunday and regards to the family
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bkodi: 8:18am On May 21, 2013
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bkodi: 8:48am On May 21, 2013
[quote author=kathyekiti]Hello,
I am an ob/gyn in private practice in NY.  I will be willing to answer Ob/Gyn questions with the normal perfunctory disclaimer.  Thank you Dr. Balogun and Naijaking for this great idea.

[Hello Doc, I recently removed my IUD cos it was giving me cramps plus i also felt pains during intercourse( beside the extended and heavy menstral flow it caused). I am considering having the contraceptive implant on my arm,but am not so sure...please advice
we have two kids and are not in a hurry to add another one now!!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MarJuly(f): 9:23am On May 21, 2013
Hello Dr, dh did Semen test and his count was low. The test culture also show yielded moderate growth of enterococcus species after 24hrs incubation at 37c. What is it and does it have any effect on fertility and me as well. If yes, what kind of test should i go for. He wants to go for fertilaid for his spermm count. thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 9:27am On May 21, 2013
tibaby101: Thank you sir,for your prompt answer.Please clarify me, if ovulating on the 18th day for a 28 day circle is normal or abnormal.Am curious because my husband and i had always had intimacy on 16th,17th,18th,and 2oth day and nothing seems to be happening.let me throw more light sir,before i got married i usually ovulate on the 14th day but later i started having issues with my ovulation,i was told i wasn't ovulating,i was given some injections once in three days for 1month.i went for recheck and i was told my progesterone is now ok.after the treatment i started ovulating on the 18th day and till now am still expecting.please doctor advice me on what to do sir.

Injections or drugs do not proffer permanent solution they just temporary relief.In as much as possible try to improve your food with more of vegs and greens,vegetable fruits and fruits(juicy ones) and also get supplements to help you further as no matter the amount of nutrients you get from food it may never be enough.
And if you are overweight try to reduce it.The most important is to correct the events in your cycle.

muma: Good day dr, pls can U̶̲̥̅̊ interpret dis result for me pls: Uterine cavity is normal but displaced to the R. The fallopian tubes are not visualized and there is no peritoneal spillage of contrast. D Bilateral tubal occlusion.

In one sentence your enemy has tubal blockage.You have to see a gyn for further diagnosis.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 9:33am On May 21, 2013
chic ah!:
Good day doc pls is it possible for someone tht sees her period regulary every cycle not to ovulate?

Yes.When the eggs fails to ripen for discharge.You have to go for an hormonal assay to be very sure you are not ovulating.

Rashybabe12: Gud day doc my mc is 35days,plz sir wen can i start usin d ovulation test kit?or plz is der any test to go for?

You have to be sure that your period is regular 35 days that is,you must have calculated your past 3-5 periods as 35 days to be sure that your period is 35days.And if it is then you can using your test kit whenever you begin to experience temp rise in your body and when you start to notice a discharge like Egg white cervical mucus(EWCM).Or you start testing from day 15.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 9:36am On May 21, 2013
bolorunfem:

Thanks Doc, I 'sharply' saw a gynae as advised and a swab was taken, doc immediately placed me on a 7-day gentamycin injection, flagyl tabs 1tab 3ce daily/7days, augmentine 1x3, one other tab that I took 1/2 3ce daily and 6 tabs I inserted vag.inally. I was to see doc on completion of the treatment (i.e 1week later) and that is when he saw the result which revealed mild growth of staph. My concern now is that he said the infection showed resistant to GENTAMYCIN and that he would then place me on something else so I exclaimed that does it mean I only suffered the pain of 7days injections in vain and that would I have to take a fresh round of injections (I did not even talk about the money? Then he said a quick 'No-No' and that he would only place me on Cyprotab and that should take care of it.

Now my question is since the resistance issue was mentioned, does it not mean the gentamycin had no effect? Will cyprotab completely clear the infection totally (I don't want to be partially treated oh). Can you recommend anything else that can completely clear off the mess from my system? Sorry for my epistle, I await your response. Thank you.

Well start with the cyprotab that is its job and lets see.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 9:43am On May 21, 2013
Zee10: Thank u doc.4 all d gud work here. I have been TTC 4 2months nw. And I have a 28days cycle ive followed all the rules wit Being Intimate during fertile period. and i ovulate on the 14th day and i usually have intimate intercourse on d day bfore and d very day but nothing seems to happen,i mean pregnancy and I have a feeling I have not be ovulating recently coz I don't see EWCM on my ovulation day. pls is it possible for someone dt sees her period regulary every cycle not to ovulate? pls doctor what can i do to correct my ovulation.thank you.
Read my earlier post to tibaby.Yes it is possible to have regular cycles and not ovulate.

Eray: thanks doc,am 3.9ft nd i weigh 70kg. Doc i decided 2 take d pil by d end of feb nd saw my period 26days in2 d pill.dis was around march.i stop d pills after takin d 1st pack. Didnt see my period until after 44days wen it came again on 1st may. Plz doc wot do i do 2normalise my circle witout d pill

Read my earlier post to tibaby.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bkodi: 9:44am On May 21, 2013
Hello Doc, I recently removed my IUD cos it was giving me cramps plus i also felt pains during intercourse( beside the extended and heavy menstral flow it caused). I am considering having the contraceptive implant on my arm,but am not so sure...please advice
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 9:45am On May 21, 2013
sonety2k: Doctor in the House , Happy Sunday and regards to the family

Thank you very much.My Sunday was a happy one.My warm regards to your wonderful family.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 9:53am On May 21, 2013
Mar July: Hello Dr, dh did Semen test and his count was low. The test culture also show yielded moderate growth of enterococcus species after 24hrs incubation at 37c. What is it and does it have any effect on fertility and me as well. If yes, what kind of test should i go for. He wants to go for fertilaid for his spermm count. thank you.

Yes it does have effect on fertility,it can caused by UTI amongst other causes.Yes he can use fertilaid to boom his sperm count but will need to see a dr for the removal of the traces of enterococcus or get supplements that can do justice to it.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MarJuly(f): 10:18am On May 21, 2013
infogenius:

Yes it does have effect on fertility,it can caused by UTI amongst other causes.Yes he can use fertilaid to boom his sperm count but will need to see a dr for the removal of the traces of enterococcus of get supplements that can do justice to it.

Thank you for your info, pls do i need to go for test and what type. thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bkodi: 1:54pm On May 21, 2013
shocked[quote author=bkodi]Hello Doc, I recently removed my IUD cos it was giving me cramps plus i also felt pains during intercourse( beside the extended and heavy menstral flow it caused). I am considering having the contraceptive implant on my arm,but am not so sure...please advice
Doctors in the house pls attend to me ooo...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by TemitopeOluseye(f): 2:38pm On May 21, 2013
For the past 5months now, my menstrual period has been thick and black then not flowing very well. Pls wat could be the problem wit me pls?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MarJuly(f): 3:53pm On May 21, 2013
Hello Doc, I want to go for Hormone asay on cd21 which is on the 4th june. hi have been on supplement and vitamins, but i stopped on cd2. can it affect the test. i want to continue after the test
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by raptor2: 11:58am On May 22, 2013
Hello doc
please i had a cerclage placed on the 17th of April at 13weeks. on the 6th of may i had a membrane rupture and lost the baby at 16weeks. i feel so devasted as i had a perterm birth last year at 26weeks the baby died after 2days. please any reason why this happening as i thot the cerclage was to prevent perterm birth.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by estilo(f): 2:48pm On May 23, 2013
Good day doc, pls can I use bromergon while menstruating?

Thanks in advance,
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by toluleke(m): 11:42am On May 24, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.