Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ (18925 Views)

South-East Will Get Additional State Before Any Other Zone – Jonathan / General Buhari Did Not Buy A Single Rifle For Military As Head Of State – GEJ / Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by chidonzone(m): 12:31pm On Sep 12, 2012
Indications emerged last night that the Federal Government may create two new states, and one of the beneficiaries of the additional state will be the Southeast region.

It was gathered authoritatively that the Southeast is to be considered an additional new state, because the geopolitical zone has only five states, and is greatly at a disadvantage if compared with the other geopolitical zones in the country.

According to a source from the Presidency, “President Jonathan believes in equity and fairness. I think his administration is favorably disposed to the creation of one or two states to address obvious imbalance.

“One of the states might be from the Southeast, which is the only geopolitical zone with five states. The other five zones have six states, with the exception of the Northwest with seven states.”

Besides, the source added that President Goodluck Jonathan is seeking for the amendment of 1999 constitution, particularly the area of local government having joint accounts with state governments.

“We want to ensure autonomy for local governments, especially on the need for the abolition of Joint Accounts. Most of the 774 local government areas in the country have become appendages of the state governors.

“The administration of President Jonathan is disturbed that there is no democracy at the local government level, let alone good governance. This is a vital tier of government.

“Also, Nigerians should expect fundamental reforms in the justice sector, especially access to justice, quick dispensation of justice and criminal justice reforms.” the source said

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/09/12/creation-new-states-south-east-get-one-jonathan-pushes-two/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=creation-new-states-south-east-get-one-jonathan-pushes-two
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by geeez: 12:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
Okay
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by slimming: 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2012
State creation will reduce the agitation for break up among the regions.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by geeez: 12:48pm On Sep 12, 2012
slimming: State creation will reduce the agitation for break up among the regions.

How on earth will the creation of a state within a region, reduce the agitation of the region for true federalism or autonomy?

4 Likes

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Afam4eva(m): 1:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
geeez:

How on earth will the creation of a state within a region, reduce the agitation of the region for true federalism or autonomy?
I also want to know.

Anioma should just be created and added to the south-east. Chikena.

1 Like

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by adaifeoma(f): 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
Which state are dey going to create d new one from(s/east) cos i love my state, esp now we have oil

6 Likes

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by 2million1(m): 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
And there lies d problem, which state are there going to create and which state will want to be divided in two for the new state to be?
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by erico2k2(m): 1:55pm On Sep 12, 2012
BIG FAT LIE, ONLY THE MILITARY CAN CREATE STATES
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by duality(m): 2:01pm On Sep 12, 2012
afam4eva:
I also want to know.

are you from anioma? you seem so interested in its creation. and why do you want it in the south east.is it because of their language. i think the aniomas have mixed culture looking at it holistically.

3 Likes

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by b03liberty(m): 2:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
and then...? undecided undecided undecidedlet them make it 725 state if like
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Afam4eva(m): 2:03pm On Sep 12, 2012
duality:

are you from anioma? you seem so interested in its creation. and why do you want it in the south east.is it because of their language. i think the aniomas have mixed culture looking at it holistically.
I'm not Anioma but i think since Anioma has been clamoring for a state, it should be given to them and then it should be added to the south-east to make it six states.

1 Like

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by 9jvirgin(m): 2:03pm On Sep 12, 2012
These people again!!! Doom Looms

1 Like

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Tos87(m): 2:05pm On Sep 12, 2012
Ћάț should be Aba state Ї suppose...Nice one there.

1 Like

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Navalsadiq(m): 2:06pm On Sep 12, 2012
IS IT BIAFRA OR STATE CREATION WHICH DO YOU GUYZ WANT.REMEMBER A MAN WITH A DOUBLW MIND WILL ALWAYZ BE UNSTABLE IN ALL HIS WAYZ

4 Likes

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Torch1(m): 2:07pm On Sep 12, 2012
So make we begin dance Alanta abi?
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Niseamaka(m): 2:08pm On Sep 12, 2012
erico2k2: BIG FAT LIE, ONLY THE MILITARY CAN CREATE STATES

Are you sure you`re okay?.

5 Likes

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by marabout(m): 2:11pm On Sep 12, 2012
afam4eva:
I also want to know.

Anioma is not big enough to make a state. Except they carve a couple of LGAs across the Niger and add to Anioma.

They should seriously consider Okun state and maybe one for the Beroms if only to stop the killings over there.

Overall many states are not robust enough. I wonder if merging some states is not even better.

2 Likes

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by free2ryhme: 2:11pm On Sep 12, 2012
chidonzone:

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/09/12/creation-new-states-south-east-get-one-jonathan-pushes-two/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=creation-new-states-south-east-get-one-jonathan-pushes-two

Is this what we need now ? Misplaced priorities.. There is growing insecurity in the country, Underdevelopment and a snail economy and Our president is busy thinking of creating new states... na garri you wan give them chop after you created them.. Because you want fairness and equality does not mean you should make irrelevant decisions

2 Likes

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Afam4eva(m): 2:13pm On Sep 12, 2012
marabout:

Anioma is not big enough to make a state. Except they carve a couple of LGAs accross the Niger and add to Anioma.

They should seriously consider Okun state and maybe one for the Beroms if only to stop the killings over there.
How do you mean? What about Ektii, bayelsa, Ebonyi and Zamfara?

So, it's Okun state and a state for the beroms that are big enough abi? Talk about double standards.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
Good move. I think states shouldn't be created on trying to satisfy some people, but based on the population of the people found in the state. It should be made such that a digit number is given, and a state should be created when the population of the state passes the number given.
Imagine a state like Nassarawa with forged numbers, claimed to be around 3million and having same number of LGA with states of over five million like OYO or Anambra with four million.

And the local government having it's own account separated from the state is not well thought. This will only lead to more money been embezzled by the LGA chairmen, and make the office a do or die thing. No matter how much you give the chairmen, they'll always hide behind the work of governors or federal government made in their local government.

What we need is empowering the states the more.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Demdem(m): 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
This is a backward step if this step is taken.
I dont believe the story sha. it wont materialised. Not now or in the nearest future.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by duality(m): 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
marabout:

Anioma is not big enough to make a state. Except they carve a couple of LGAs accross the Niger and add to Anioma.

obviously, you are not informed. records have it that they have the highest number of LGAs in delta state.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by marabout(m): 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
afam4eva:
How do you mean? What about Ektii, bayelsa, Ebonyi and Zamfara?

So, it's Okun state and a state for the beroms that are big enough abi? Talk about double standards.

If you look at my post above: i said merging some current states might even be better.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by hollypagan: 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
erico2k2: BIG FAT LIE, ONLY THE MILITARY CAN CREATE STATES
who told u mr
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Afam4eva(m): 2:17pm On Sep 12, 2012
Demdem: This is a backward step if this step is taken.
I dont believe the story sha. it wont materialised. Not now or in the nearest future.
It's a backward step because it does not favour you, okwa ya?

1 Like

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by ujukala: 2:18pm On Sep 12, 2012
We truly know that one day, it will come.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by marabout(m): 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
duality:

obviously, you are not informed. records have it that they have the highest number of LGAs in delta state.

And what's the total polpulation?

Go back as far as 1963 referendum to carve out mid-west region. See the population figures there. Since then, we have not had any undisputed population figures in Naija.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by DeWisedon(m): 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
Our ORLU state is on d way.i wil be geting ready to contest 4 councillorship
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by ignis: 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
adaifeoma: Which state are dey going to create d new one from(s/east) cos i love my state, esp now we have oil
That's an anambrain talking.... We av oil, u can say that again

1 Like

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Biggyd2: 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
As if that is Nigeria's immediate problem! How have so many of those created fared? Yes, continue dissecting the country but they should remember that my grandmother's kitchenette requires a state of its own too!

1 Like

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by marabout(m): 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
Every household is already a LGA anyway, they might as well go on and make every community a state, it still won't reduce price of gaffi @ oja oba.

2 Likes

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Elueme: 2:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
afam4eva:
I also want to know.

I represent Anioma joor... But I ll not be a south easterner.. Be proud of where you belong

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senate Swears In Victor Umeh As Anambra Central Senator (Photos) / Rivers State APC Suspends Victor Giadom / NAF Super Tucano Eliminate Another ISWAP Commander, Mallam Ari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.