Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ (18930 Views)

South-East Will Get Additional State Before Any Other Zone – Jonathan / General Buhari Did Not Buy A Single Rifle For Military As Head Of State – GEJ / Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by bigass(f): 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2012
We need 200 states
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2012
aribisala0: The FEDERAL GOVERNMENT can create states??

Why do we deceive ourselves? Only Aboki can create states. In order for states to be created the Constitution MUST CHANGE that means even if the FG legislates it 24 states must do the same. Abokis have MORE land in fact Niger state and Sokoto state are bigger than SE so they will NEVER dilute their Constitution changing powers for them to create One state in the south they will create two in the North let us see who will run out of land first

Then nigeria should give some deserts state up in the North since it has to do with land and not population and equity.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by basisop(m): 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2012
maryjames9: No wonder they call this man clueless.As much as creation of more state in SE is not a bad idea,i believe this is a right decisn at a wrong time. Security,roads,infrastructures, health,education need to be given immediate attention in his first 3 years. Then we can talk about Akwa state. Mcheeew

No! You are the clueless goat here.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Mr9iceGuy(m): 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2012
Njaba State, Orlu zone comprises of 12 existin local govt out of present Imo state, includin 2 aditional lga from Anambra, we will surely carry the day. Njaba State, capital Orlu. Hoooo haaa
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Onlytruth(m): 3:12pm On Sep 12, 2012
I wish to add my voice to urge the president on about an additional state for SE.
If you do this GEJ, you will convince us more that you deserve our mandate and support. We are in TOTAL support of your administration.
May God save you and your administration! Amen. cool
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Demdem(m): 3:12pm On Sep 12, 2012
Onlytruth:

Some of you just can't seem to get over your hangups. Do you know that conspiracies don't last for ever? That soon, someone will start saying the truth for once in Nigeria, and do the right thing? Do you know that no other geopolitical zone in Nigeria deserves any state than SE? Do you know that if anyone is serious about keeping Nigeria together, that SE MUST get at least ONE state?

Honestly, your consolation is misplaced and if you don't repent, you will not be happy WHEN (not if) that SE state is created.

if i have my way, all states should be scrapped. read my last post. i dont want another additional entity that begs abuja every month as it is today.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Dede1(m): 3:12pm On Sep 12, 2012
Torch1:
And where do u belong? South-South? How come states like Edo, Delta(Anioma part), C.Rivers are in South South when States like Anambra, Abia, Imo etc are in South East.. Who the Bleep created these regions? Dont we have people that study geography in Nigeria?
you people should stop that rubbish.. Igbo is igbo, no core Igbo.

You are insinuating that reasonable sense of approach exists in Nigeria. In Nigeria, there is no pattern of reasonable approach to polity. Every political decision in Nigeria must militate against Ndigbo and Biafra in order to appear favorable to policymakers even when such approach goes against every cardinal rules in the book including those of geography as you have mentioned.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by MadCow1: 3:13pm On Sep 12, 2012
Half of the Northern States are unproductively useless and contribute less than 0.0001 % of our GNI.. Ebonyi & Enugu are under-achieving Eastern States.. Ekiti amongst many other Yoruba States are leeches that are sucking the wealth out of the country.. Dont get me started on some middle belt states..

Only the Niger Delta States have been contributing more than their quota to the GNI...

Now we are about to add more states rather than dissolve some already existing states..

If more States are to be created, the Niger Delta oil Derivation should be increased to 75%.
angry
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Dainfamous: 3:13pm On Sep 12, 2012
Torch1: So make we begin dance Alanta abi?
azonto cheesy
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Demdem(m): 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
Cupidkc:
Just curious...what made you think so?

creation of states hasnt helped us as a nation and it will never as long as we are still operating under this present structure. we should be talking about scraping states not new states

1 Like

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Onlytruth(m): 3:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
Demdem:

if i have my way, all states should be scrapped. read my last post. i dont want another additional entity that begs abuja every month as it is today.

The day will come when all the states will depend on their resources in geopolitical region basis or even state basis. For now, all the zones must be equal before we can move forward.
Thanks for explaining.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Afam4eva(m): 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
Mad Cow: Half of the Northern States are unproductively useless and contribute less than 0.0001 % of our GNI.. Ebonyi & Enugu are under-achieving Eastern States.. Ekiti amongst many other Yoruba States are leeches that are sucking the wealth out of the country.. Dont get me started on some middle belt states..

Only the Niger Delta States have been contributing more than their quota to the GNI...

Now we are about to add more states rather than dissolve some already existing states..

If more States are to be created, the Niger Delta oil Derivation should be increased to 75%.
angry
It is senseless comments like this that makes me thing that some of you eat bread and oil for breakfast. In your dirty mind, human resources doesn't mean anything to you.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
Torch1:
And where do u belong? South-South? How come states like Edo, Delta(Anioma part), C.Rivers are in South South when States like Anambra, Abia, Imo etc are in South East.. Who the Bleep created these regions? Dont we have people that study geography in Nigeria?
you people should stop that rubbish.. Igbo is igbo, no core Igbo.

Men am surprise too , Ogoja is SS and abia is SE....anyway politics and oil has drag ppl to where they dont belong and now this mofo dont even know where he belong
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by aribisala0(m): 3:17pm On Sep 12, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Then nigeria should give some deserts state up in the North since it has to do with land and not population and equity.
We are not talking about what is good or right or fair but REALITY.

What is actually going to happen. That is human nature. I'm afraid those who won the Civil War are "SENIOR" partners in this project and plucking at sentimental strings will not change that. Any correction of injustice will not happen through peaceful dialogue.
The North have a VETO on State Creation under our present constitution and they are happy with the status quo. They have 19 states and the south 17 = 57 senators to 51

WHY would they agree to any changes
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Demdem(m): 3:20pm On Sep 12, 2012
Onlytruth:

The day will come when all the states will depend on their resources in geopolitical region basis or even state basis. For now, all the zones must be equal before we can move forward.
Thanks for explaining.

nop, u are getting it upside down. Let the regions be set up first and let each region be empowered to create the number of states they so much desire. The people should decide that, not abuja.

The day u talked about in the bolded up there will never come by amending the constitution which the NASS are only empowered to do. It will only come when the constitution is re-written. that can only be acheived with an SNC. so u see, that dream of urs may never come if the right things arent done.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by SamMilla1(m): 3:20pm On Sep 12, 2012
Dear Federal Govt,
I am writing on behalf of a certain young man from Anambra state whose name is Nochi. He is a good member of nairaland Sir. If you do not want Mr. Nochi to commit suicide, please don't touch Anambra State.

If you divide Anambra state and accidentally put Orient petroleum refinery or SabMiller beer factory into Another state, Nochi will die.

If you put Ojukwu into another state, despite the fact that he is dead, Nochi will die.

If you as much as carve out some parts of Kogi and merge with Anambra state, nochi will die.

Finally if you tamper with Onitsha, Nnewi or Awka, his blood will be on your head.

If you dont care about his life the way you dont care about 180 million Nigerians, just tell us the day you will divide Anambra. The least we can do to help is to watch Nochi closely for a day or two before letting him out of sight

4 Likes

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Mandelaguy(m): 3:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
Equity is fair.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Torch1(m): 3:29pm On Sep 12, 2012
Sam Milla: Dear Federal Govt,
I am writing onbehalf of a certain young man from Anambra state whose name is Nochi. If you do not want Mr. Nochi to commit suice, please dont touch Anambra State.

If you divide Anambra state and accidentally put Orient petroleum refinary or SabMiller beer factory into Another state, Nochi will die.

If you put Ojukwu into another state, despite the fact that he is dead, Nochi will die.

If you as much as carve out some parts of Kogi and merge with Anambra state, nochi will die.

Fimally if you tamper with Onitsha, Nnewi or Awka, his blood will be on your head.

If you dont care about his life the way you dont care about 180 million Nigerians, just tell us thhe day you will divide Anambra. The least we can do to help is to watch Nochi closely for a day or two before letting him out of sight
hahahaha... Pls mr Nochi don't die.. We Anambrarians need u.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by eaglechild: 3:35pm On Sep 12, 2012
I wonder those that are clamouring for a new state in the SE.
I dont think it is necessary.
A confederate system of government is what we shld be talking about.
However, it wont be rejected if it comes to pass but i dont want my state divided.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by offshoreking: 3:36pm On Sep 12, 2012
This is the time for us to have our own republic not state creation, nonsense. wow, naija people dey fear too much, just because there is rumor flying that Biafra will be declared on November, now they want to create another state to calm my beloved tribe down. God pass una, we don't want state creation, we simple need own control of ourself, Biafra Repoblic is what we want.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by gurujoe(m): 3:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
if any state shld b created frm d SE. It shld b frm ENUGU state. ADADA state is long over due.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
adaifeoma: Which state are dey going to create d new one from(s/east) cos i love my state, esp now we have oil

How much has the oil benefited you

Learn the difference between ''what we have'' and ''what i have''.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by MrEverest(m): 3:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
afam4eva:
I also want to know.

Anioma should just be created and added to the south-east. Chikena.
No no, nwanne mba because by so doing, work done will be equall to zero. Aba state should be created ASAP!

2 Likes

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by COOLDUN: 3:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
Demdem:

creation of states hasnt helped us as a nation and it will never as long as we are still operating under this present structure. we should be talking about scraping states not new states

I am totally with you. But if a new state is to be created it should be well looked into. States creation has not benefitted us in any way.1, new state created in the South and more new states created in the North is not in our advantage at all. Scrap the states and go back to the regional system, instead of creating breeding homes for Abuja dogs.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 12, 2012
I believe that state creation is not a panacea to the problems bedeviling our nation. Rather, its the rent-seeking attitudes of our top government officials that is the problem. The creation of an additional state will further drain Nigeria's petrodollars because the new state would be entitled to direct Federal allocations. These allocations would be used mostly to pay the salaries of the Governor, his/her deputy and their aides. Also, members of the state House of Assembly will equally have their own share. Most states in Nigeria, with the exceptions of Rivers and Lagos, depend heavily on cheques(check) from the Federation Account. This situation puts into doubt the supposed fiscal independence of state govts as another tier of govt.
Therefore, the relevant constitutional provisions have to be amended to ensure that only economically viable states i.e. states that would depend less on Federal allocations should be formed. By 'less', I mean a state should be expecting about 20% or less of its revenue from the Federal government. Moreover, the revenue sharing formula also has to change. The states should receive 70% of all revenues generated in their domains, be they from oil, natural gas or IGR. I believe this will reduce the attraction of the Federal Government, hence drastically reduce the wages of the elected federal officials and their aides and free more money for the states to embark on development projects that will benefit their residents

NB: I know people will say the Governors will now have more money to embezzle. To combat this, the EFCC should be further strengthened from the cuts in salaries of Federal office holders and the scrapping of several useless ministries, agencies and departments.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by dayokanu(m): 3:44pm On Sep 12, 2012
Shouldnt state creation be based on population and needs?

I think the SW needs another State at least since its one of the most populated regions in Nigeria
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
madness of the highest order

more unviable states to drain the federal purse

and of course, this will give license to all other state agitators

what nonsense

every tom dick and harry wants to be king of his little dung hill

what have we benefited from all the previous state creation? are we better off in any way?

gej and his politics of appeasement
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by MrEverest(m): 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2012
afam4eva:
I also want to know.

Anioma should just be created and added to the south-east. Chikena.
Biko nwanne ekwula ihe nka ozo, by creating Anioma state, work done will be equall to zero!
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by mymadam(m): 3:52pm On Sep 12, 2012
erico2k2: BIG FAT LIE, ONLY THE MILITARY CAN CREATE STATES

"Nor be small tin ooo". Food for thought! God bless Nigeria.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2012
Southeast should be left alone,especially,my Anambra. All we need is ANIOMA State,shikena.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:59pm On Sep 12, 2012
Mr Everest: Biko nwanne ekwula ihe nka ozo, by creating Anioma state, work done will be equall to zero!

Are you drunk ? Anyway,somebody better not mess with Anambra state. We are perfect the way we are.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by asala1: 4:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
The whole of SOUTH EAST= KANO. Why is it necessary to create another state from the already thiny states.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

African People's Congress Unveils Logo / Details Of Ruling That Set Free Al-mustapha / Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.