Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) (31658 Views)

10 Acts That Lead Some Young Guys To Early Grave / Grave Of D Richest Man In Kuwait. He Owned Oil Wells,Several Hotels & Properties / Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:54pm On Sep 14, 2012
savcy:

How u go knw how d dog dey manage eat when na only 'photo' and caption u dey look?grin

Go read that post again.. And make sure say you no skip the part where them talk say e never tey wey the Director begin feed am o!! angry
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by ochallo: 3:58pm On Sep 14, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: How this Dog has been eating no one cares to ask..

Why dont you settle down and read the whole story. It is stated there that the guards feed him.
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:00pm On Sep 14, 2012
ochallo:

Why dont you settle down and read the whole story. It is stated there that the guards feed him.

I refer you to my reponses to the several people who asked your exact question.. angry
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by segebase(m): 4:03pm On Sep 14, 2012
samguru: An extremely dedicated dog has continued to show its loyalty, keeping watch on its owner's grave six years after he passed away.

Capitan, a German shepherd, reportedly ran away from home after its owner, Miguel Guzman, died in 2006. A week later, the Guzman family found the dog sitting by his grave in central Argentina.

Miguel Guzman adopted Capitan in 2005 as a gift for his teenage son, Damian. And for the past six years, Capitan has continued to stand guard at Miguel's grave. The family says the dog rarely leaves the site.

"We searched for him, but he had vanished," widow Veronica Guzman told LaVoz.com. "We thought he must have got run over and died.

'The following Sunday we went to the cemetery, and Damian recognized his pet. Capitan came up to us, barking and wailing as if he were crying."

Adding to the unusual circumstances, Veronica says the family never brought Capitan to the cemetery before he was discovered there.

"It is a mystery how he managed to find the place," she said.

Cemetery director Hector Baccega says he and his staff have begun feeding and taking care of Capitan.

"He turned up here one day, all on his own, and started wandering all around the cemetery until he eventually found the tomb of his master," Baccega said.

"During the day he sometimes has a walk around the cemetery, but always rushes back to the grave. And every day, at six o'clock sharp, he lies down on top of the grave, stays there all night."

But the Guzman family hasn't abandoned Capitan. Damian says the family has tried to bring Capitan home several times but that he always returns to the cemetery on his own.

"I think he's going to be there until he dies, too. He's looking after my dad," he said.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/dog-stands-guard-over-deceased-owner-grave-six-190556479.html

This is the definition of loyalty

1 Like

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by illswift(m): 4:05pm On Sep 14, 2012
blackchukky: Hmm if you really want to know why that dog keeps staying at it's late owner Graveside , go look for a Dog, scoop some of it's eye discharge and use it to rub your eyes, finally find a graveyard . I can assure you, you wld see many ghosts walking around.
tales by moonlight
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Onyiip(f): 4:09pm On Sep 14, 2012
i usually dont like dogs but this one got me all emotional
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 14, 2012
Chanchit:

No, na magic broom the dog use.. jst like our local bingo,buh seriously my guy try google am u hear!.

ha ha ha,this got me rolling on the floor Nairaland una no go kill person.
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 14, 2012
Okija_juju: Loyalty.. Indeed a mans best friend..

However, I have to ask how e dey manage chop?! angry

[color=javascript:void(0);#000099]Is it that most Nigerian don't like reading or we just don't read to comprehend?[/color]
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by revomind(m): 4:14pm On Sep 14, 2012
timbros:

Well it depends on where in Abuja your father's boss lives and where in Nasarawa he dropped off the dog.
Could he be living in Nyanya (Abuja) and dropped off the dog in Mararaba (Nasarawa)? Then it'll be dead easy for the dog to come back! grin grin

LOL
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:18pm On Sep 14, 2012
Gabbysky:

[color=javascript:void(0);#000099]Is it that most Nigerian don't like reading or we just don't read to comprehend?[/color]

Actually, I would go with the comprehension part.. Now what does this sentence mean to you?!

Cemetery director Hector Baccega says he and his staff have begun feeding and taking care of Capitan.

I will advise you read slowly and focus on the word 'HAVE BEGUN'..

1 Like

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by jude33084(m): 4:22pm On Sep 14, 2012
grandstar: touching story! Where's my tissue paper? embarassed

Ɣ☺Ʊ use ₳♍ finish with madam yesternite tongue
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 14, 2012
revomind:

SMH
likewise for you,what's wrong in my question?:|
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Lamasta(m): 4:23pm On Sep 14, 2012
The owner of the Dog must have been kind when alive that warrant his Dog to still guide and protect him even in death wow what a friend a Dog can be.....

1 Like

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by methodman(m): 4:23pm On Sep 14, 2012
Okija_juju:

Actually, I would go with the comprehension part.. Now what does this sentence mean to you?!

I will advise you read slowly and focus on the word 'HAVE BEGUN'..
Funny but come to think of it...shey u believe say d dog no go find hin own level ni? Even if d Cemetary director no feed am haba d dog go still find hin way chop. So ur argument on 'Have Begun' is just POINTLESS. Abeg give up. No offence bro

1 Like

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by TonySpike: 4:26pm On Sep 14, 2012
DICKtator:
Are you from Ondo,akwa-ibom or calabar? Then you should know why!!!!

grin grin grin grin

Please include Enugu in this list too...
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 14, 2012
Chanchit:

No, na magic broom the dog use.. German Shepard is another dog breed, jst like our local bingo, I'm not into pets, so I won't be able to name other breeds, buh seriously, try google.
you are not getting me,i meant how did the dog(captain) transport itself from europe to argentina?
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by phermonyx(m): 4:32pm On Sep 14, 2012
I so much love dogs......man's best friends

1 Like

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 14, 2012
Legit1: If only biitches could be so wink

hahaha. Do you compare dogs and bitches, who always want to express themselves in a confused manner? Realizing their mistakes after many days.
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:32pm On Sep 14, 2012
methodman: Funny but come to think of it...shey u believe say d dog no go find hin own level ni? Even if d Cemetary director no feed am haba d dog go still find hin way chop. So ur argument on 'Have Begun' is just POINTLESS. Abeg give up. No offence bro

Dude!! Wether the dog buys food from the neighbourhood 7eleven or cooks his own meals is not stated in the post.. I simply noted that the post said the Director has only just bugun feeding the dog.. So I had to ask how he had been feeding for the past 5 years..

NOTE We are going by what the post says.. And I dont think food is readily on the streets of Argentina for dogs.. Also, that Dog is not your regular Nkita.. So my question is not invalid sir.. If the post didnt account for it, I expect any resonable person to ask.. 6 years no be day before yesterday.. angry
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
Okija_juju: Loyalty.. Indeed a mans best friend..

However, I have to ask how e dey manage chop?! angry

Did you read through the post?
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by methodman(m): 4:37pm On Sep 14, 2012
Okija_juju:

Dude!! Wether the dog buys food from the neighbourhood 7eleven or cooks his own meals is not stated in the post.. I simply noted that the post said the Director has only just bugun feeding the dog.. So I had to ask how he had been feeding for the past 5 years..

NOTE We are going by what the post says.. And I dont think food is readily on the streets of Argentina for dogs.. Also, that Dog is not your regular Nkita.. So my question is not invalid sir.. If the post didnt account for it, I expect any resonable person to ask.. 6 years no be day before yesterday.. angry
Hmm Mr Okija...e never reach dat level na. Oya no vex. D dog sha sabi d way hin deh take chop b4 dem start to deh feed am...Shikena
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:38pm On Sep 14, 2012
okpara ugo:

Did you read through the post?

DID you understand the Post you read?! angry
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ejiné: Akwa Ibom and Mbaise people would sooo love to meet this dog grin
Yόμ̥
δεγ madt Wε¿¿ά☑ ... I swear
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by dasparrow: 4:43pm On Sep 14, 2012
Legit1: If only biitches could be so wink

Yes, if only your mother who is also a biitch and wife to your father could be so.

@Post

I will always be fond of canines. I love them so much because of their loyalty and intelligence. They are more loyal than Nigerian bred men who will dump their wives in a minute if she does not bear them a male child or if the wife falls terminally ill and can no longer cook, clean and make love to them. Dogs are just simply the best. Bigoted and chuvinist Nigerians can learn a thing or two from these wonderful creatures rather than being in a hurry to place dogs into their cooking pots and shamelessly call their meat '404.'

1 Like

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by ghetomum: 4:44pm On Sep 14, 2012
eeya otibo if na nigeria dog trust calabar people na[b][/b]
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
ebamma: Its better i take care of a dog than some naija girls,if na me were die so,my girlfriend for don find anoda boyfriend one week after,see as dog get loyalty even when the owner no buy am blackberry and brazilian hair

Ture talk, nah only money dey make girls loyal. Their loyalty ends the day you stop being a father Christmas.
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by fuckme: 4:48pm On Sep 14, 2012
Anyways Bleep me!
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Richardid: 4:49pm On Sep 14, 2012
This is an abnormal case,it has nothing to do with loyalty. How on earth was the dog able to trace the man to his grave. The man might belong to a cult/fraternity.
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by knowledge4(m): 4:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
Loving,wonderful,loyal dog.
Dogs are more faithful to their owners than women are to their husbands!
Many women adulterers right under the husband's nose when he's still alive.
Women and especially wives, are you listening?
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
Chanchit: Hmmm, that means I'll get a german shepard in 50yrs time, then I'll include it in my will that my dog should attend my burial, incase he no knw road to my grave site, u knw Naija road na. But if the dog refuse to guide Me, na hin be say My spirit go kill am, for being unfaithful.

When you no dey even feed the dog well, how e go faithful in death Mtscheeew
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by yuzedo: 4:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
If na Naija dog (Ekuke) wey d owner no dey even, na d dog go use him hand KILL d owner by force sef! grin
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by coded777: 5:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
Where them dog dealers on here, i need two german shepherds up north asap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If You Are To Meet 5 Nairalanders / Man Shows Off The Money He Saved From Quitting Alcohol (Video) / What are the top 5 Beutiful Women in Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.