Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,820 members, 7,956,087 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:26 AM

Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? (29382 Views)

What Else Do You Do With Your phone Apart From These Things? / Please Help With Blackberry Wifi Hotspot Setup / Pinging With Nokia Phone Just Like Blackberry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by DAMIGHT(m): 11:01am On Sep 20, 2012
To me o bb is d best '''pingin apart,,, u can't compare it to some other fones ...instant message on internet in ur pocket,,I mainly use it 4 downloading due to d highly downloading speed and also compactable to some application dat other fone can't procure e.g scoremobilefc app,on dis application I schedule my footbal fixture and instant football live score of my favourite team free ,,just to mention a few
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by davades(m): 11:04am On Sep 20, 2012
sympathy55: you guys are just saying desame thing and it hasnt answer the above question.All i know is that BB is all about pinging and charting weda business or no business.

Do Ɣ☺ΰ‎​‎​ have any @ all ?
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Yemak74: 11:05am On Sep 20, 2012
walcolm:

your E5 cannot do what a BB will do for someone who knows what a BB can do.
like wat Be real pls
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Thok(m): 12:08pm On Sep 20, 2012
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Neoluv(m): 1:13pm On Sep 20, 2012
4llerbuntu:

it does? really? on OS5, 6 or 7? pls post a screenshot

the push email on BB is different from push email on any other phone?

really? other phones don't social network? or they dont do it "on the go" what ever that means

wow, blogging.... really exotic and mindblowing? which blog is that abeg?

is it that its not possible to blog or do presentations on other phones?

and finally the most IMPORTANT QUESTION. HAVE YOU EVER USED ANOTHER PLATFORM PHONE, E.G SYMBIAN BELLE PHONES, ANDROID PHONES, IOS PHONES?

u seem to have decidedly strong convictions on how crappy those other platforms are compared to a Blackberry. i guess you should have used em before to know?

Mr man,blackberry invented push email.....go and do your research.....the older nokia phones(e51,e61 and the rest) all have blackberry connectivit[/b]y!!!,it was [b]because of this blackberry connectivity I bought my first e series(e51)......

the bolded says it all, my guy GBAM!!! tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin

that E-series, was it the xioanqi version?

No...I bought it from a gloworld shop....,was 50 grand back then.... And still blackberry connectivity was not even in it,by then blackberry had collected their thing back grin
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by DammyFx: 2:48pm On Sep 20, 2012
I use my bis plan to browse on my pc
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by adekay09(m): 3:41pm On Sep 20, 2012
4llerbuntu: Another thing is all this talk of "downloading gigabytes"

are your blackberries desktop phones? cos i sure as hell know that there is no blackberry in existence on this planet that can download gigabytes of data at one go on its battery, matter of fact merely pinging on a BB with 3G data on will net you a around of 5 hrs use much less downloading on nigeria's crappy networks.

do you tether your bb to a power socket or you carry i beta pass my neighbor gen dey waka ni?

secondly, before you lie, there are no download managers for blackberry, so download resume is not going to happen.

matter of fact the only way you get to download files above 5MB is using UCBrowser, and its download manager is pretty hit and miss. it also does not support java script properly

so are you saying that your Blackberries are practically desktop phones permanently tethered to the socket to download gigabytes?

were it not for operamini, would you even be able to browse with blackberry with that evil useless, rubbish crappy browser?

BTW, all the talk of unlimited download is off the mark, YOU ARE USING TRICKS TO SPOOF THE NETWORKS TO GET YOUR SO_CALLED UNLIMITED DOWNLOADS, RIM has a data transfer cap of 5MB at a go, 5. RIM or your provider NEVER intended for you to have "unlimited" downloads

smh

oga, if you use a bb properly, u should be aware that there are sites that you can download full length mp4 movies and series from that more than 15times larger than 5mb...using the the so-called "rubbish browser you are talking about. i use the crappy browser and i have no probs with it, Sir. Even tho i have an android phone and have used android phones and symbian, i cant part with my bb. hate it all you want, it works for me.

i plug my bb to my laptop wen at work and does my colleagues who use the SG2 and SG3 so your own that you use generator for, i'd advise u carry a portable inverter..Go green.

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by infgost234(m): 4:01pm On Sep 20, 2012
Hmm. Interesting topic. But nobody has actualy mentioned d goodnes of d optical trackpad in blackberry. When u browse with it, its like u are with ur lappy, unlike d navigation button in the rest phones(except touchscreens whch is nt even as sweet).
Comparing an E5 phn to bb shud b done on a particular model of bb nt d whole of bb. I hv used d Nokia E5 b4... But i love my bb nd i prefer it, it serves me well wit its sweet, smooth, fast, nd cheap native browser, unlike nokia.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by size38: 5:25pm On Sep 20, 2012
Nawa oo! The only advantage bb has over E5 is fixed data plan. BB can't play internet radio, tv or even make video calls.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by emabe: 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2012
jedisco:

Mr. Man, are you on sharks??
Wetin concern you and my post or didn't you see I was replying someone?
Abeg no vex, but if u won vex, then be my guest cos I no send u. I said what i did based on ur post. If u no like am then go chop shit. sad
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by emabe: 6:11pm On Sep 20, 2012
myles J: After misplacing my fourth bb i decided to switch 2 android fone. after much consultatns i settld for htc cha cha . i must confess i never had it better , bt one month into it am missing my BB already mtn wan run me down. i ve spent over 5k in past 1 month downloadn applications frm d android market i stil ve nt been able to get d apps i desire. til network providers find a better data plan for other smart fones users bb remains d best for nigerians
Why use mtn to browse when etisalate is there. Some people baffle me.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by emabe: 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2012
Burger01: If you are corporate and you need to get ur mails pushed to your phone, you need to stay reachable, then you will appreciate blackberry the more. Pinging is just a past time. To me its like playing games on your phone. I hardly ping unless its informative and work oriented...
Just cos u've only used BB does not mean dat email service is restricted to BB alone. I used my android to roam, browse free of charge and check ma emails when i returned some weeks ago. Android is it men.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by emabe: 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2012
Aringon: Most people do not need a blackberry, blackberry was meant for business minded individuals, you can use your bb as ur laptop for your business. it wasnt meant to play games on it. For example, if you love more milk in your tea u will always go for a Milo but if u love more chocolate, then Bournvita is okay for u and same goes with the fones. Dont allow people with their reasons to confused and convinced u to buy a fone that will be useless to u.
If you love games and other applications then go for nokia,samsung,sonu ericcson and HTC but if you really love to receive ur email on time and other business stuffs on ur fone on the go, do not waste time on other fones, go for BB. Its a business fone and so it is

5. Blackberry Messenger? Facebook Chat has
More Users! The only thing Blackberry has that you can’t
find on other phones is their Blackberry
messenger. But wait, those using Blackberry
messenger don’t use Facebook chat? BBM is
not enough reason to but a Blackberry phone,
I can still contact my friends on Facebook chat that’s even more widely used, with or
without my mobile phone around. Think about it, only a fraction of your friends
are on Blackberry messenger, almost
everyone of them use Facebook chat.

WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU CANT CHAT WITH UR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK USING A BB,THERE IS A FREE APPLICATION U DOWNLOAD AND U CLICK GO ONLINE AND THAT IS IT N PLS DONT CONFUSE PEOPLE HERE grin
U spoke well but u don't have information
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by sniperwolf(m): 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2012
I operate multiple emails. With BB (or whatever it's called) and N1500 internet plan I learnt I can only push one email but with N1300 internet data plan on my superb Nokia N8, I can push up to 10 emails on the go (or on realtime) I can choose from continuous scanning that's soonest or manual 30mins, 1 hour, 4hour etc.
BBs are daft phones, they don't look smart to me in any way

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by iykc2012(m): 7:45pm On Sep 20, 2012
Individual differences! I used my BB in Editing my sch Project after typing with Laptop, I moved the whole document to my BB since I can't carry my Laptop Inside Bus my BB helps mee on that. After that I transfer back to my LP it can contain upto 1,000 pages that is my BB for mee. It has compass that is my BB Fø̲̣̣я̅ M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥.

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by ITbomb(m): 8:09pm On Sep 20, 2012
iykc2012: Individual differences! I used my BB in Editing my sch Project after typing with Laptop, I moved the whole document to my BB since I can't carry my Laptop Inside Bus my BB helps mee on that. After that I transfer back to my LP it can contain upto 1,000 pages that is my BB for mee. It has compass that is my BB Fø̲̣̣я̅ M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥.
A nokia can do that, dude and even better . Check other pdf materials , zipped all of them with ur project and send on the go.
An android , the sammy s2 add fun to it. Keeping all ur reference materials in any format open , more than 20 different windows plus ur music without dulling

2 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by temmym4(m): 11:36pm On Sep 20, 2012
timilehing: Pinging is wen u're using Pin to ging ur phone.

grin grin
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by naturalwaves: 1:53am On Sep 21, 2012
I don't even ping on my bb most times xcept on a request.
#1... D fact that one can get an unlimited internet access for 1 month with just 1,500 naira on d BB is more than enough reasons 2 chose a BB & knock off others if U know ow to use d internet. All my 3 modems are just redundant no tnx 2 my BB.
#2...D BB beats d nokia E5 hands down in almost all aspects.D social networking on BB is smoother.One can get instant notifications from all d social networks combined as they come in without necessarily logging in and staying active at d same time.
#On d BB,it is possible(full subscriptn) to receive instant mail alerts 4rm as many mail accts as possible all at d same tym without logging in.
#D mind blowing internet speed on d BB cannot be matched by Nokia E5 or whatever.I think d server is just difft and there's no proxy server.
#For those talking abt radio,I can listen 2 virtually all good stations in d world on my BB using Nobexradio app.
#I use a Torch 2 and when it sees d H+ network signal,I download a 140mb vid in just 2 minutes.I can't stand d slow download rate of d E5 or whatever.Live streaming of vids on BB is also far better wit less or no dragging atall.I open up to 10 tabs on d BB browser and they all load wit great speed.I wonder ow long dat wil take on an E5 using opera or Ucl or whatever.No basis for comparism atall.
#Aside pinging,d BBM has a whole lot of oda functions.I use my BBM to make voice calls or notes,share pics and vids instantly.I don't think Watzapp can be used 2 xchange VNs. D BBM and my BB has cut down my xpenses on rcharge cards by abt 300%.
#Honestly,BB is really d bomb if U aren't a game freak.I feel I'm even cheating d service provider cos I pay just 1,500/mnth but I get a value worth more than 6,000 naira monthly.

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timilehing(m): 2:29am On Sep 21, 2012
Burger01:
My business lifestyle... wink
whic business?
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by kpolli(m): 5:28am On Sep 21, 2012
By the way, the technology Samsung III has been using to catch ppl in ads, BB has had it for almost a yr now, never made so much noise about. . . Sending documents just by tapping phones
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Dubemkelly(m): 5:29am On Sep 21, 2012
In dat BB is a smart phone like Android,Iphone nd odas,pinging has given it a step ahead of odas buh wat I enjoy on my BB apart 4rm pinging are instant mail notification,OS,clear pixel wt da flash light,netwrk surfing,can be used in any part of da globe,share Voice notes,downloads easily,u see the images u r sending,watching videos online,switching applications,pay less 4 browsing monthly,3G,d smiley r cool,complicated 4 amateurs esp children nd odas,dnt knw abt oda fons buh its far better dan my NOKIA C3 den....Luv BB die *winks*
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by emabe: 7:26am On Sep 21, 2012
Dubemkelly: In dat BB is a smart phone like Android,Iphone nd odas,pinging has given it a step ahead of odas buh wat I enjoy on my BB apart 4rm pinging are instant mail notification,OS,clear pixel wt da flash light,netwrk surfing,can be used in any part of da globe,share Voice notes,downloads easily,u see the images u r sending,watching videos online,switching applications,pay less 4 browsing monthly,3G,d smiley r cool,complicated 4 amateurs esp children nd odas,dnt knw abt oda fons buh its far better dan my NOKIA C3 den....Luv BB die *winks*
Hmm yes i would say u have some information.Am impressed with ur knowledge ofsome of these fone apps but it seems u r still blind to most faults the BB has. The BB failed badly when it comes to apps. I've compared apps on BB, android and Iphone. I used both S2 and BB but since I got my S2, I gave my BB away. Thats how much d S2 impressed me. 4 me BB is history cos d apps on S2 are better eventhough they may time from d same company. My only headache with d S2 is d touchscreen. Apart from dat d one is a wonder. I just upgraded to S 3 yesterday so will comment on that fone when i have used it 4 sometime.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by eaglechild: 9:12am On Sep 21, 2012
BB - unlimited data plan〓 CRAPPY PHONE.
Till then (unlimited data on other phones) we just have to stick with the CRAPPY PHONE.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by khalydinho(m): 9:44am On Sep 21, 2012
NOTHING ooo tel me cant we ping on Nokia. . . Wit mozat application. Even 2go is part of pingin abi no be chating both of it...
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by henryskywalker2003(m): 10:47am On Sep 21, 2012
BB is this, bb is that, blah blah blah. ... <scoffs>. Puleeese. Give me a break here. Frm what i see, that device has succeeded in Nigeria where it has failed in Europe and the US because it succeeded in making its users really dumb. ok, let's talk facts here.

1. What do u call a business smartphone that cannot view pdf files locally? i mean come on, my Nokia N70 has adobe reader out of the box. To read a pdf file on a BB, u either email urself the file and open it on the browser or u either purchase a pdf viewer frm the appworld.

2. What kind of smartphone restricts its users from making use of internet facilities unless they pay a premium? i mean, even if u do have free mb, u still can't browse unless u apply some tweaks on it. That sucks.

3. What kind of smartphone has the power of HSPDA and yet restricts the users to just 5mb data limit downloads unless once again, u apply some tweaks to it.

4. What kind of smartphone comes without a radio? Come on, even Nokia torch has a radio.

5. What kind of smartphone takes 3-5mins to startup? imagine putting ur device on and waiting on it for 5mins to come on b4 using it.

6. This is the only smartphone that takes 2hours to charge completely and 6hours 2 die. Smartphones frm sony boast of having burst charge capabilities that enable lesser charging times and higher usage times.

7. What kind of smartphone forces the users to pay a premium fee for internet and yet wouldn't allow them to share it on other devices. (though with the advent of os 7.1 they fixed this issue as well as that of the radio but it's only available for their latest phones Bold 5 & 6, Curve 5, Torch 2)

2 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by drnoel: 4:55pm On Sep 21, 2012
henryskywalker2003: BB is this, bb is that, blah blah blah. ... <scoffs>. Puleeese. Give me a break here. Frm what i see, that device has succeeded in Nigeria where it has failed in Europe and the US because it succeeded in making its users really dumb. ok, let's talk facts here.

1. What do u call a business smartphone that cannot view pdf files locally? i mean come on, my Nokia N70 has adobe reader out of the box. To read a pdf file on a BB, u either email urself the file and open it on the browser or u either purchase a pdf viewer frm the appworld.

2. What kind of smartphone restricts its users from making use of internet facilities unless they pay a premium? i mean, even if u do have free mb, u still can't browse unless u apply some tweaks on it. That sucks.

3. What kind of smartphone has the power of HSPDA and yet restricts the users to just 5mb data limit downloads unless once again, u apply some tweaks to it.

4. What kind of smartphone comes without a radio? Come on, even Nokia torch has a radio.

5. What kind of smartphone takes 3-5mins to startup? imagine putting ur device on and waiting on it for 5mins to come on b4 using it.

6. This is the only smartphone that takes 2hours to charge completely and 6hours 2 die. Smartphones frm sony boast of having burst charge capabilities that enable lesser charging times and higher usage times.

7. What kind of smartphone forces the users to pay a premium fee for internet and yet wouldn't allow them to share it on other devices. (though with the advent of os 7.1 they fixed this issue as well as that of the radio but it's only available for their latest phones Bold 5 & 6, Curve 5, Torch 2)

U 4got one impt part and that is: What kind of smartphone has limited apps for its users compared to other smartphones and would require its users pay premium from making use of these limited apps (do u guys know that when I bought my galaxy and loaded all my apps I did't pay a dime, men I felt serious pain cos I had been wasting money paying apps on BB. I swore then neva to use BB again).
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Hotdiamond(m): 9:23pm On Sep 21, 2012
raynold17 :
after going through most of the posts here I can assure everyone here that if Nigeria network service providers decide to offer android users unlimited data caps 95% of guys backing bb here will dumb there blackberry #fact..

TOTALLY SECONDED
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by walexybaba(m): 9:35pm On Sep 21, 2012
Even tom cleverly sef don use BB B4, nw an iphone and not a Nokia

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by VIPICO(m): 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2012
BB and E72? No much difference, guys
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Kslib(m): 10:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
There is one thing a bb can do that a nokia E5 cannot do...
1.. A bb will make you walk around with your phone charger.. Now tell me,can nokia E5 do that

2 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by ITbomb(m): 10:16pm On Sep 21, 2012
Kslib: There is one thing a bb can do that a nokia E5 cannot do...
1.. A bb will make you walk around with your phone charger.. Now tell me,can nokia E5 do that
This IS something I can't understand
People argue that it's because the BBM and email are always on.
On my E5, the whatsapp , push email are also always on . Even with my 3.75g from airtel always on with constant browsing, my battery last me more than a day
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by cupid4ig(m): 2:38am On Sep 22, 2012
elari: . . .kpolli, its not a matter of cost. Apart from the BB porsche, other high end nokia phones can compete with the prices of BB.QeD
then go get Nokia phone and leave BB alone goat

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

List Of Android Smartphones That Will Receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow / 8 Unbelievable Things You Never Knew Your Smartphone Could Do / MTN Nigeria Fine Increased To $3.9 Billion After Regulator Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.